Newbie question

diddymal

Greenlighter
I've just recently started weight training. I'm about 5'10 and weighed just over 65kgs before I began. This was a few month ago, now I'm at roughly 68.5kgs.

A good friend of mine has been training for about a year, gotten pretty big and just bought an 8 week course if I remember right. I don't have any plans to take steroids right now having just started training, if I ever did I would want to be around 72-73kgs. My main question is, is it all all possible to take a 8 week course just once to give training a *little* a boost? Will any gains made during those 8 weeks be lost after the course is stopped? I'm not really keen on taking them continuously. Though I do want to hit 80kgs within the next 18 months.

Your first cycle should be testosterone only and it is an 8 week cycle. When you stop you will lose a lot of your gains however there are ways to minimise it. If you get on the clen afterwards it helps to harden the muscles and keep a bit of the gains.

You should also have some clomid or nolvadex handy incase you are prone to gyno.

8 weeks can do a great deal, though 10 is better. Please post your age, and I encourage those who chime in to wait on advising you on what to do until you do so. Kindly read the rules. Thanks.

/V

I'm 20 for now, I've heard about waiting until your 21 but I don't think a couple of months matters that much. I have well and truly stopped getting taller.

Really good, I try to get as much variety as possible. My sister works at a multi vitamin shop, so I get free protein shakes also. Though considering I've just started my normal diet is more than enough to compensate. I have read it's better to get your protien servings through good food rather than shakes.

I have read it's better to get your protien servings through good food rather than shakes.

This is true. Our bodies react much better to REAL food. I would rather have a lean steak over a protein shake any day. I take shakes WITH food. Our body processes real food much better. Shakes work, but not like real food does. Eat first, shake second.

/V

So just to clarify things, I'll probably get a 10 week course sometime in the next 6 months. If I only do the 10 week course and then stop I'll lost the majority of my gains, right? Oh and I'll probably get the same course as my friend, which included various tablets and needles. I'll try and scope out the names.

Also, since it's only a 10 week course, do I run the risk of getting any nasty side effects, like a chronic pimple outbreak or anger problems?

^^You will run several risks..including gyno/acne.

But, if you do your homework and have a proper diet and PCT plan, you should be able to keep most of those gains and the sides minimal. IF done right.

/V

So just to clarify things, I'll probably get a 10 week course sometime in the next 6 months. If I only do the 10 week course and then stop I'll lost the majority of my gains, right? Oh and I'll probably get the same course as my friend, which included various tablets and needles. I'll try and scope out the names.

Also, since it's only a 10 week course, do I run the risk of getting any nasty side effects, like a chronic pimple outbreak or anger problems?

T only for your first cycle is good advice. I would only go 4 weeks bearing in mind the longer you are "on" cycle the longer your HTPA will be depressed and the longer it may take to come back. Plus, you will keep more of what you gained even though you will probably have gained less. Keep your dose LOW no more than 200 mg/week. Be sure you use the full 4 weeks to your advantage: No missed workouts and be sure to eat correctly,and often enough, to maximize benefits. As mentioned keep novadex on hand and use as needed.
If you are really smart you will go have some blood work done prior to, during the last week of, and 4 weeks after (total of 3 times) so you will know where you started, what reaction you had, and how you recovered from your cycle.
Blood work basics:
full lipid panel w/cbcs
testosterone free/ttl/bio
DHT
estradiol,ultrasensitive
LH
FSH
SHBG
there are others but these will give what you need to gauge the results.
If you are going to do it, do it right..... :)

BTW, with low dose/ short duration I would expect none of the side effects you asked about unless you are extremely sensitive to them.

Is it just me or has this place changed a bit, even a few months ago if someone who was 20 and barely started lifting came in, the guy would almost be ridiculed...

Now people are suggesting cycles..

Dude, you've gained just over 3 kilos, honestly, even if you were weighing yourself, in the next 6 months you shouldn't be bothering with steroids, good honest hard work. Cut down / remove liquor completely, drugs very rarely too... Before bothering with steroids please make sure you're doing everything else right...

Victor about the protein shake thing, whilst i agree, as a vegetarian it's almost impossible to have a regular high protein diet that isn't going to just involve massively going over my caloric requirements (due to fat and carbs). Yeah it's not ideal, but if you're not gonna hit the protein requirements any other way then i don't see a way out (actually i probably do, but i'm a lazy cunt)

Before steroids you should research them a mother shitload, the way that you said 'Oh and I'll probably get the same course as my friend, which included various tablets and needles. I'll try and scope out the names.' signals like a billion red flags to me... problem is i've not been even half way serious about my body for a long time now, and i feel a bit intimidated that a bunch of guys who do haven't told you any of this.

I dunno what the current opinion is, but it used to be that 25 should be your minimum age for doing roids, but that's for all drugs, and who listens to that lol..

Again, I would recommend steering the FUCK clear of roids till you're basically ripped as shit anyway.

sorry about lack of structure and that i seem like a tool, a bit high and probably over reacting, but for the love of mercy, don't do it, especially with your knowledge of steroids...

Is it just me or has this place changed a bit, even a few months ago if someone who was 20 and barely started lifting came in, the guy would almost be ridiculed...

Now people are suggesting cycles..

You are correct. I recently added a few more rules in the SD forum. I've had to delete several threads and posts for those reasons. I encourage everyone to please read them when they can. http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=211091

/V

I understand completely, however I don't plan on taking now, not in 6 months time. My plan from the beginning has been to put on as much as possible naturally before considering steroids. I was just asking around here to get opinions and some basic info.

^^ sorry man, red the 'getting a 10 week course' as 'doing a 10 week course'.

my bad.