• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

I wouldn't even consider amphetamines for opiate withdrawal. Especially not for acute withdrawal. I suppose you can get a little bit of a dopamine high going when you're peaking on amphetamines, but then you have to endure the comedown. Constantly dosing is going to lead to psychosis, and while benzos might help, they can only do so much. Amps, just don't mix well with me in general. YMMV.

I would stay clear of them until your physical withdrawels go away. I actually have cravings for stimulants like meth or coke about 1 month after my withdrawels. it just depends on the person. Then again i wouldnt want to get addicted to something else either.

hey yeah, you guys all do remember the saying about everybody is different right?

I too would have swore up and down sideways before i was more comfortable with meth that it would be a terrible idea. but actually _for_me_ and if you look around a lot of people swear by it, it is an awesome tool. And I swear I used to kick more often than my friends would get high.

Couple of things though.. you guys from the uk responding. first, you guys get like 20 quid quarter ounces of speed, right??? the thought of which makes me go pale even without being sick - and that's starting with l-amphetamine which starts out junkier pure.

This guy is straight outside of methland (well really thats mexico now but hell the central valley is still like mecca to the toothless). Depending on who he knows there it would be very easy for him to be getting 70% methamphetamine, the step up from amphetamine to it being like night and day imo. in terms of jitters at least to me amphetamine is only a step or too up from methylphenidate which ain't too pretty, but i'd call going to crystal like 10 more. Also the cuts here aren't awesome but at least MSM in my experience doesn't really affect the quality of the feel, it just evaps right away.

Anyway, so yeah, meth is a damn good distraction from wd's imo but i'd never do it until i was after the cramping tossing around the bed stage shivering. that'd be bad i agree. but a day or two after that right about when you just are feeling constantly shitty and everything sucks and you're exhausted and cant sleep and bored and nothing to do - bam it's just what the doctor ordered, you just killed a whole day of otherwise dreary minute hands sweeping past before you knew it and didnt really feel that bad at all because you were focusing on shit. Except you're still gonna be in the bathroom some i mean, what can you do.

Also that whole everybody's different thing right? I have basically never gotten anything i'd consider any kind of noticeable meth withdrawal at all (well psych that can go on for long times but). yeah i fucking stop with enough time and go right to sleep and never hate it at all. Or if i have a fair bout of xanax i can shut it off right in the middle which works better at least on the wd's thing since you gotta be sure to sleep every night. In fact I don't think there's a basic broad amph family stim thats every done me much of anything at the end. I know a lot of folks that dont complain of any meth comedown, but know people do too.

But on the other hand people love coke and they seem to have no problem with the down. It barely does anything to me doing it but I swear i will pace and feel worse than death and consider the ways i have of killing myself in the house about once every five minutes if ive done more than a 1.5g or so. Real bad even from .5. Fucking never will touch the stuff

mdma too, not anything like that but i am definitely one of the unhappiest boys at the camp and often up hours more than everyone else and really bleh the next day as well and many people dont get it.

but yeah, post your big day or your day after depending on how fucked you are, its awesome for some - if i had to choose for day 4+ between the 2 id take meth for sure. i must have done the meth end of wds 20+ times at least (dont ask)

though i may not be going there any more since despite my best efforts and regular checking i still have pretty close to the min dose need as i did 9 months ago when i kicked, and i been clean since then cept like shit 4 or 5 days? I can rationalize a $200 habit when i am using but if the first day i use in a year i need $200? fuck thats a pretty easy reason to stay away

Mr. Sonic the Senior Moderator, you're exactly right. I've researched this--the dopamine release from taking amphetamines or meth will actually get you feeling good again, as dopamine is, like the endoprhins released during opiate use, a "feel good chemical." Dopamine controls reward, feelings of power and motivation, so the immediate high from speed will temporarily fix you, acting like the endorphins which bring about feelings of power, control and exhilaration.
So in the brain, amphetamine and opiates trigger almost the same sensations, albeit different chemicals.
But this is only a temporary fix; when the speed wears off and you start coming down....ohh fuck. You're fucked. Hopefully you have a large dose of benzos, or keep dosing more speed.
P.S. if you don't have any benzos or powerful sleep aids, you're probably going to be sleepless for awhile anyway while you're in W/D. Why not enjoy yourself while you're awake all night instead of lying in bed trying to sleep but just end up twitching and moaning all night? Just be careful, the comedown coupled with W/D is MURDER.

I can tell that if you have a 300 mg OC habit and taper to about 100mg, Adderall is a big help for energy and lethargy.
I am talking about 20-30 mg a day.
This was also used after a 3 day Demerol SC 100mg to ease out of the WD's.
It is no so much the WD, but the PAWS afterwards that have me on the edge.

Just kicked a damn 5 7.5 mg hydrocodone habit a day. Was a bitch for two days ahh nothing much.

yeah, thats not bad at all. im working on kicking a mixture of dilaudid/Norco/and various benzos. but yeah, this isnt so bad either. nothin compared to kickin tha gear. or methadone.

I'm 5 days sober off a 6 month IV heroin binge, when I couldn't get any H during my withdrawals I bought tons of tweak. I enjoyed it, I had klonopins to help as well though. Definitely better than just cold turkey, thankfully I broke my pizzo last night, don't want to continue smoking the shit, it's too fun!

Amp seems like the opposite of help.

I read from multiple places, Dxm will ease the symptoms. I dont think its the dose intended to trip either. correct if im wrong

There have been studies showing that concurrent cocaine use during opiate use decreases opiate withdrawal symptoms. Opiates have been shown to caused dopamine receptor sensitivity and cocaine as well as amphetamines will cause downregulation of the dopamine receptors (making them less sensitive) The anxiety from opiate withdrawal is bad enough but I find a low dose of ritalin orally helps me alot! If I take too much ritalin I gets BAD anxiety during opiate withdrawal but small doses 5-10mg taken orally make me feel alot better and helps the withdrawal. Also no comedown with low doses too. So yes it has helped me before using amphs/ritalin/coke in opiate withdrawal but in SMALL amounts. Do a search and you'll see concurrent cocaine usage reduced opiate wuthdrawal symptoms alot.

YA!

At first a couple of days of Amphetamine (adderall) could make you feel worse... BUT the thing is it pushes the Withdrawal process MUCH MUCH quicker....

I've used amphetamines to quit opiates maybe three times now.

I was on an 80mg per day hydrocodone for 4 months ..... three days ago I quit cold turkey. . and weirdly enough I came down with a hardcore cold/cough. . .

Now I took 2 extra strength Mucinex's (60mg DXM per pill) and 3 20 mg adderalls and I feel great

Right when I started to "ween off" my hydrocodone, I started up the adderall. It was NOT fun the first two days. Day three now and I feel my withdrawals will be over in another day or two.

Good luck!

Ill say this last run , with out an option I was forced to taper my Oxy intake , from 4,000 mg ( smoking ) to making a 40 MG ER last me two days , which was only made possible by the fact I had been up on Meth ( meth not addys or pharma form of ampheth ) for the past 2 weeks , and the last run went into 4th day with no slumber..WHICH IS NEVER ADVISED EVER..

Previously it had just put off withdrawl symptoms to the very end , and BAMMM you were hit with days worth of dopesickness , but this last run I cant believe how much easier kicking was...Unbelievable , but I have a decades worth of familiarity with my body , and meth..

no, you will be edgy as a ruler

opiates produce feelgood antianxiety feelings
speed will feel very different without this under blanket

more than likely it will induce anxiety and paranoia

QFT

Close thread.

Very rarely have i experienced Paranoia and anxiety from Meth..

Maybe its my chemical ballance/imballance.. But like I said , shared from experience , not giving advice..

Very rarely have i experienced Paranoia and anxiety from Meth..

Maybe its my chemical ballance/imballance.. But like I said , shared from experience , not giving advice..

I'm shocked that was the result. How did you ever sleep? The worst side effect of withdraw for me was the inability to sleep, it made time go by so much slower when you had to be awake the full 24. Therefore I would think amps would make this 10x worse; not to mention the amp comedown sucks by itself. So to mix that with the shitty feeling of withdraw, man..I don't even wanna think about it.

Yeah, I'd say you do have a chemical imbalance of some sort because that is truly odd.

Last edited:
So are
sUbs a no no after meth then?

I cant find any science behind the mix...

Meth is used to often in relation to methadone , when also talking about subutex..

anyone know?

Adderall sort of made me feel better when I was coming up on it, but the feeling soon faded and I was back to w/d. Would not recommend it.