• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction where to get saline solution

Darkprogramer

Bluelighter
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can purchase some saline solution
for injecting with? Must you have a prescription to buy it or
can you just walk into any pharmacy and get it?

Thanks,

Your friend - Darkprogramer

Does anyone know if saline solution for injecting is expensive?
Also, are there different types, must you get a certain kind?

Thanks

you can purchase sterile saline online without a perscription but I cannot tell you where, because that would be sourcing.. ;) and also if you want it for injecting you can buy water for that purpose also online just FYI...
peace love and light
Mat

over here they often give it out at big free parties.. otherwise you can buy packs of 50 in pharmacys but it says "not for injection", i dunno how seriously they mean this...

you can use purified water I think, or yea just go to any pharmacy and ask,

dont encourage people to steal, especially when it's only saline solution - leftwing

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Any source for legal, harm reduction related supplies (needles, filters, saline, etc.) is allowed.

But yeah, saline can be purchased off the shelf at any pharmacy or super-market with a pharmacy.

NS(normal saline) is just water with 0.9% NaCl, making it the exact salt content of human blood. You can get it pretty much anywhere.

Wow, saline is salt water...

Of course you need a prescription to buy salt and water.

Seriously though, there's a brand called Simply Saline that is the right concentration for injection that is available OTC. It comes in a pretty damn big spray bottle.

Simply Saline, as mentioned by wiggi. Right concentration, sterile, and in a convenient spray dispenser. It's sold at all the major pharmacy chains - at least in the US.

Sorry for the bump, but I believe in the interest of harm reduction, it's fairly important.

If anyone is close to Chicago, you can schedule a confidential meeting with the Chicago Recovery Association(I just went to a nice couple's house). The explained everything and anything in a short session and I cam away with around 100 needles/syringes, sterile water/saline, sterile cookers/swabs, ten vials of narcan(the opiate overdose life-saver, literally...the most important medicine a user or group of users NEED to have around), and the phone number of the fine woman I was taking the session with.

Search for needle exhchanges around you and go to one. You get everything you need including sterile water tubes which have been great for IVing. As someone else mentioned they say 'not for injection' but I think that is a technical term since they are supplied for IVing and worked very well.

Sorry for the bump, but I believe in the interest of harm reduction, it's fairly important.

If anyone is close to Chicago, you can schedule a confidential meeting with the Chicago Recovery Association(I just went to a nice couple's house). The explained everything and anything in a short session and I cam away with around 100 needles/syringes, sterile water/saline, sterile cookers/swabs, ten vials of narcan(the opiate overdose life-saver, literally...the most important medicine a user or group of users NEED to have around), and the phone number of the fine woman I was taking the session with.

I've been wondering, since narcan is prescription, how can these places just hand it out? Or do they all have docs to do it

I've been wondering, since narcan is prescription, how can these places just hand it out? Or do they all have docs to do it

They have doctors, most exchanges have a training program before giving it out or giving out an Rx.

They may have something similar to our PGDs (Patient Group Directives) or the authorities may have agreed to look the other way in furtherance of harm reduction, as the UK government did for years with the supply of injecting equipment to heroin addicts, which was technically illegal until 2007 under Section 9 of the Misuse of Drugs Act which prohibits supply of objects intended for the administration of an unlawfully possessed controlled drug.

Thread re-opened. Saline solution can be obtained legally without prescription.

Good call

Thread re-opened. Saline solution can be obtained legally without prescription.

So can bacteriostatic water, which is 0.9% benzyl alcohol. This is more ideal (over sterile water) if you're planning on creating a solution which will be in use for 1-2 weeks. The benzyl alcohol should help prevent the growth of bacteria in the water.

Thanks for re-opening the thread, 6/7.

No problem.

Just so it's clear to everyone, I didn't close it.

That is all.

No problem.

Just so it's clear to everyone, I didn't close it.

That is all.

Neither did I.

However, I have found that it is harder to find bacteriostatic water on sites like GPZservices. So, try to shop around for bacteriostatic water online. Some sites sell it cheaper than others.

Buying a case is probably the most affordable option.