Injecting Test. Cyp. Weekly instead of Bi Monthly as prescribed?

El Cubano Poco

Bluelighter
I'm prescribed Tesosterone Cypionate 50 mg every two weeks. I shot 50 mg the next week after the nurse taught me how to shoot myself up. I read that Cyp. has a half life of 7-8 days, yet my doc insists 2 to 4 weeks intervals would be best.

I have felt fantastic since starting 3 weeks ago, and plan to continue at this dose. I'm not abusing it per se, just wanting to have more level effects. The results have been very positive. I haven't had any negative side effects (Yet).

I saw my doc 2 days ago, and he said we would see about upping the dose/ frequency in 6-8 weeks. I have enough for 6 months, so I won't run short before he ups my dose at that time.

I'm looking for input from others who have been prescribed cypionate ester, and any other useful advice.

Thanks!

50mg every 2 weeks?! That sounds so incredibly low. I'm injecting myself with testosterone propionate and I do 402.5mg every week (thats 57.5mg a day in the morning) and its very manageable side effect wise. I know thats different than you're talking about (this is a 10 week mass gain cycle, you're talking about permanent maintenance).

Don't most guys run like 200mg cyp a week for maintenance?

Do you get HCG shots too or at that level is it not necessary? Are your boys totally shut down?

My doctor prescribed 200mg EW which makes sense since the half-life, as previously stated, in 7-8 days. Actually closer to 5 days.

Sounds like you need a new doctor.

^ good advice from a guy that has gone through a lot HRT-wise to get where he needs to be!

I would not settle for less than 200mg of test cyp EVERY WEEK if I was going to put myself on lifetime HRT (which I do NOT want to do!).

Thanks for the replys:)

I don't plan to be on it for life, maybe a few years? I'm going to do start 50 mg twice a week, until he sees me again. He is a very good doctor, PH.D and DO, and he has always been very careful about safety. I trust him more then any doc I've been to.

I don't think my pair has shut down, it seems like they are the same size, maybe a little smaller.

The dose isn't so low, I feel great most of the time...Not to mention being horny as fuck and getting a new GF :) I got it prescribed for lack of sex drive, ED, and muscle growth, it's been a fucking wonder!

Last edited:
Have you talked to your doctor about going off it in a few years? From what I can tell most people go on and stay on permanently. Your balls will eventually stop producing testosterone especially without any HCG (which mimics LH which is a hormone that signals to your balls to create testosterone).

let us know how things go mass-gaining for you over the weeks. I'll be curious how that little test will work out for you (isn't that much less than naturally producing regular levels?)

Have you got your serum levels tested since going on this dose?

I noticed it took about 4 weeks before my testicles started responding and decreasing in size from all the test I'm taking (but again my dosages are VERY different from yours).

I'm not sure with my understanding of how these things work that 50mg every 2 weeks for a few years is a good idea. If I were going with that I'd personally rather up to 200mg every week and go on it for life. Thats a huge decisions. But otherwise you risk coming off your small dose in a few years and being totally shut down without a hope of getting back to natural levels (presumably your natural levels are already quite low hence the need to supplement?). I suppose then the option of going permanent is there for you though still.

Have you talked to your doctor about going off it in a few years? From what I can tell most people go on and stay on permanently. Your balls will eventually stop producing testosterone especially without any HCG (which mimics LH which is a hormone that signals to your balls to create testosterone).

let us know how things go mass-gaining for you over the weeks. I'll be curious how that little test will work out for you (isn't that much less than naturally producing regular levels?)

Have you got your serum levels tested since going on this dose?

I noticed it took about 4 weeks before my testicles started responding and decreasing in size from all the test I'm taking (but again my dosages are VERY different from yours).

I'm not sure with my understanding of how these things work that 50mg every 2 weeks for a few years is a good idea. If I were going with that I'd personally rather up to 200mg every week and go on it for life. Thats a huge decisions. But otherwise you risk coming off your small dose in a few years and being totally shut down without a hope of getting back to natural levels (presumably your natural levels are already quite low hence the need to supplement?). I suppose then the option of going permanent is there for you though still.

I'm a bit worried about long term side effects, then again I am not nearly as informed as I should be. I haven't gotten my serum levels tested since the original test, which they said was "normal". My doc was nice enough to let me try it to see if it would help me...I knew it would! My muscle gains have been very noticeable, nothing *insane* but more mass and definition. I'm still skinny as fuck, but I'm getting to where I wanna be:D

I'll post a pic one of these days :)

I though HCG solved the shutdown issue? I guess I wouldn't mind being on it for life, except that I plan on living in a rural part of Latin America. I wonder if test is available at most pharmacies down there?...

Anyways, thanks for the help!

You can't go on HCG for life, afaik...you'll desensitize the receptors that bind LH after a while...there's some debate that being on HCG for even 12 weeks during a regular bodybuilding cycle overly desensitizes the receptors (and thus in trying to keep your balls alive you end up burning them out).

Personally I've found at week 5 on 402.5mg of test (and some proviron) and 500IU HCG a week, my balls are doing fine (a little smaller). I'll do a week before PCT at 1,500IU probably and then use nolvadex for about a week or two after that.

Testosterone is definitely available...I suppose you could even get it shipped to you with a prescription.

Where in latin america are you going?

I'm going to live on the beach of costa rica (in a national park on the pacific coast) next winter and surf and fish and chill out :D

You can't go on HCG for life, afaik...you'll desensitize the receptors that bind LH after a while...there's some debate that being on HCG for even 12 weeks during a regular bodybuilding cycle overly desensitizes the receptors (and thus in trying to keep your balls alive you end up burning them out).

Personally I've found at week 5 on 402.5mg of test (and some proviron) and 500IU HCG a week, my balls are doing fine (a little smaller). I'll do a week before PCT at 1,500IU probably and then use nolvadex for about a week or two after that.

Testosterone is definitely available...I suppose you could even get it shipped to you with a prescription.

Where in latin america are you going?

I'm going to live on the beach of costa rica (in a national park on the pacific coast) next winter and surf and fish and chill out :D

Thanks for the info man, I'll talk with doc and kick it all around my noggin.

Costa Rica sounds fun! I've only heard good things about it...

I'm going to Ecuador/Peru next winter to do organic farming/tropical permaculture and volunteer with peruvian indian tribes. Also ample surfing and scuba diving :D
I was think of taking a boat to central america when I'm done there, it would be fun to meet up if you're still there. How long are you planning on being in Central America?

I'm prescribed Tesosterone Cypionate 50 mg every two weeks. I shot 50 mg the next week after the nurse taught me how to shoot myself up. I read that Cyp. has a half life of 7-8 days, yet my doc insists 2 to 4 weeks intervals would be best.

I have felt fantastic since starting 3 weeks ago, and plan to continue at this dose. I'm not abusing it per se, just wanting to have more level effects. The results have been very positive. I haven't had any negative side effects (Yet).

I saw my doc 2 days ago, and he said we would see about upping the dose/ frequency in 6-8 weeks. I have enough for 6 months, so I won't run short before he ups my dose at that time.

I'm looking for input from others who have been prescribed cypionate ester, and any other useful advice.

Thanks!

Man, I don't know where to start...Ok, first:
1)50mg every two weeks is way too low. Is your MD working from blood test results? If so what were they? if were are talking about a hypogonadal man, most of us utilize 75-150mgs a week to be in the top range of normal. Obviously you are not talking BB dosages so I assume you are doing TRT.
2)Every 2 week injections are way too far apart. I bet you would feel better doing a minium 2 shots a week.
3)Try and get back in after 4 weeks as 8 weeks seems unnecessarily long.
4)the ester doesn't matter for your purpose, cyp or eth will be fine.
5)If you are doing IM shots switch to subQ as they work just as well for TRT and are less hassle.

Thanks for the replys:)

I don't plan to be on it for life, maybe a few years? I'm going to do start 50 mg twice a week, until he sees me again. He is a very good doctor, PH.D and DO, and he has always been very careful about safety. I trust him more then any doc I've been to.

I don't think my pair has shut down, it seems like they are the same size, maybe a little smaller.

The dose isn't so low, I feel great most of the time...Not to mention being horny as fuck and getting a new GF :) I got it prescribed for lack of sex drive, ED, and muscle growth, it's been a fucking wonder!

I wouldn't self adjust your dose as this will create many problems. if he retests you, not knowing what you are doing, he will think his course of action is working and you will run out of T. If you tell him you have self adjusted he may get pissed and refuse to treat you further. Work with the MD, not against him. Using TRT for a few years and stopping will make your symptons worse when you quit than they are now. You need to think over your long term goals with TRT.

^ good advice from a guy that has gone through a lot HRT-wise to get where he needs to be!

I would not settle for less than 200mg of test cyp EVERY WEEK if I was going to put myself on lifetime HRT (which I do NOT want to do!).

You should worry less about the dosage and more about how you feel. It is not at all about MG taken a week. Of course, all that matters not if it's not something you will do.

Thanks for the reply RJW. I have been shooting it twice weekly now, IM. It's been hurting more, so I think I will switch to Sub Q.

I was foolish to increase the dose preemptively, I don't want to back down now though:( I doubt he will retest me, since he said he would up it if I wasn't feeling the full effects within that time. To be safe I will drink and do painkillers (separately) in the days leading up to my appointment, to lower testosterone levels. I know that sounds wacky, I try to be as safe as possible when I'm reckless :)

Sub Q on test is not advised. You are being dosed for hormone replacement doses, not bodybuilding doses. Its called "low T" treatment. 2-3x a week is standard dosage for bodybuilding. The way you were prescribed is for low T.

wait so you're pinning yourself ON TOP OF what your doctor is pinning you? And you don't think he's going to test you again in order to bump you up?

If I got this straight, man you're playing with fire. He's going to test you and see a real high level and either A) not give you more because the low dose works for you (or so it would seem) or B) know you are supplementing and stop working with you and then you have to go totally illegal and subject to the whims of suppliers.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

wait so you're pinning yourself ON TOP OF what your doctor is pinning you? And you don't think he's going to test you again in order to bump you up?

If I got this straight, man you're playing with fire. He's going to test you and see a real high level and either A) not give you more because the low dose works for you (or so it would seem) or B) know you are supplementing and stop working with you and then you have to go totally illegal and subject to the whims of suppliers.

Sorry if I misunderstood.
You understood correctly.
I wish I wouldn't have upped my dose...I'm good at putting out fires though :D (Testosterone: May cause false sense of confidence;euphoria :D )

My doctor is very open to discussion...I am going to print out a study showing testosterone levels fluctuate dramatically throughout the day. We have built quite a bit of trust over the years, and he's more likely to listen to my symptoms then a test you'd have to do several times throughout the day to get an accurate reading from. Yes I'm playing with fire, but am confident I can put this one out.

Last edited:
well I hope you don't screw up your relationship with your doctor. If he suspects you are supplementing on your own he will probably be pissed and might not work with you.

I would get a new doc long before I started contradicting my current doc's orders.

A "very good doctor", as you put it, would be drawing blood and retesting you at frequent intervals after beginning TRT.

I was tested 4 times in 7 months before my dosage and frequency was finalized.

Once you sought treatment from a doctor for low testosterone you shouldn't have fucked with dosages yourself. You may have "screwed the pooch" on this one.

*EDIT*
Any good doctor is not going to discuss "fluctuating testosterone levels" based on one study.

Thanks for everyones input. I accepted that I screwed up, I can be quite impulsive at times...

Turns out I may be allergic to the cottonseed oil, so I'm, gonna stop taking it and get the sesame oil version instead. I will reduce my dosage slightly until my doc decides to bump it up in a month.