Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 26.2.09 - Police Warning : Future Music Festival - Randwick 28.2.09

kingpin007

Bluelighter
Partygoers warned to avoid anti-social behaviour at Future Music Festival — Randwick
Thursday, 26 Feb 2009 05:20am

250future.jpg

Police are urging party goers attending this weekend’s Future Music Festival to obey the law and enjoy the day safely.

A high-visibility police operation will be in place at the music festival, targeting antisocial behaviour, alcohol-related crime, and illegal drug use and supply.

The operation, which will take place in and around the venue, will involve police from Eastern Beaches Local Area Command, the drug detection unit, licensing police, mounted police units and police trail bike units.

Future Music Festival will be held between 12pm and 10pm at the Randwick Racecourse this Saturday (28 February). Event organisers are expecting about 35,000 music-lovers to attend the event.

Chief Inspector David McBeath from Eastern Beaches Local Area Command says he wants all festival goers to know that anti-social and criminal behaviour will not be tolerated on the day.

“Our aim is to ensure that everyone attending this music festival has a fun day out with their mates. If you do the right thing, police will let you have your fun. We just want to make sure that it is a safe environment for all attendees,” Chief Inspector McBeath said.

“I especially want to discourage anyone who is thinking they can bring and take drugs at this festival. So-called ‘recreational’ drugs are dangerous, illegal and potentially life threatening.

“Those in possession of illicit substances can expect to be caught. We will have drug detection dogs as well as a large number of overt and covert police resources aimed at catching those taking or dealing illegal drugs.”

NSW Police encourages anyone under the influence of drugs or excessive amount of alcohol who feels unwell to seek professional medical attention. First Aid officers will be in attendance at this weekend’s event.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjUyNzEuaHRtbCZhbGw9MQ==

Yeah maybe ^^ I'm going to try jumps, sounds pretty hard though. Just go get munted!

Be aware that there will be a new choke point entry that the police could well target this year. The second entry might be a wiser option considering the delivery point for all the buses will be to the High Street entrance.

fmfmap.jpg

My suggestion would be to stay away from the High Street entrance if you intend on getting high. =D

Thats fucked. How u supposed to enjoy urself then? More and more people will die from taking a whole bunch before they go in. Thats what i would do to. Take 2 wait for it to kick in then drop one more haha

Fucken cops

That sounds like a LOT of police. Wow... Totally unnecessary

"I especially want to discourage anyone who is thinking they can bring and take drugs at this festival."

That translates to everyone.

“Those in possession of illicit substances can expect to be caught."

They can, but this would be terribly conservative. 50 people get caught and almost every last person is taking drugs.

Besides the well known dangers and flaws of these policies, in a sense this lines the pockets of drug dealers. Regular users may be persuaded not to take in drugs and buy them there for vastly inflated prices. Don't they realise that their actions at these festivals is having absolutely no impact at all on drug usage? The usage rates at most of these festivals are close to 100% as it is so any policy in place can only make rates go down and they are failing even that.

But to people who don't realise how prevalent drug use is at these parties, 50 sounds like a lot I guess. And it's all going towards their quotia.

These operations have nothing to do with quotas, rather, they're conducted to give Jenny and Joe Citizen the impression that police are actually having an effect on the prevalence of recreational drug use. The police know all too well how many people are using drugs at these events, however, have to be seen keeping up appearances – unfortunately this is often at the expense of some inexperienced individual who decides to dump their whole supply in fear of prosecution. :\

As horrible as it sounds it might be not so bad if another person dies and the police and their dogs are blamed again.

Last edited:
Ah great, police overkill AGAIN!

But I've walked past dogs many times with drugs (only pills) and I'm yet to be caught so I'm not really sure how accurate they are anyway!

Just a scare tactic!

As for dogs at central/town hall, they usually have them there every saturday night anyway so I wouldn't be surprised!

note; for those taking drugs in and havent been to futures before, the entrance to the racecourse is very narrow and is prime target for dogs because they can smell a much larger percentage of people because it is so small (say for example compared to good vibes where the entrance is very wide). so much sure everything is at least double bagged and more importantly that the outside of the bags are clean!!! (its generally the residue on the outside of the bags, or on peoples hands etc tht the dogs smell). also i would think very short odds on dogs been at central at some point during the day.
fuck i wish i was going, great line up this year!

Grr Scare tactics yes.
But they freak me out as I'm generally on tabs before I go in and have pills with me. Damn paranoia!
See you all there!

As horrible as it sounds it might be not so bad if another person dies and the police and their are blamed again.

It is the age old question of weather the ends justifies the means.

But I've walked past dogs many times with drugs (only pills) and I'm yet to be caught so I'm not really sure how accurate they are anyway!

You and 99.9% of the festival-goers. I would think that the dogs can pretty much trigger on anyone, the police are generally only going to stop and search people who they don't like the look of. I have had dogs trigger on me, it was at a concert and a day after my birthday and I had just had a speed and MDMA binge so apparently smelled strongly of drugs. The police yanked the dogs chain as it came up to me and motioned it to continue, probably because they were looking for people who looked like trouble and not people who looked like they were just out for a good time.

dam overkill.. Guess we can expect this at the adelaide one awell then? Is there more than 1 entrance to the adelaide one, because i paid good money for my ticket, so im not letting a few doggs ruin my day. Dogs must have have colds at stereosonics cause i came across them a few times with no bad outcome

Is New South Wales usually this gung ho with police pressence? I'm not talking exclusively about sniffer dogs, rather the whole supervising people trying to have a good time. Do you have more of a street violence problem than ther states?

As horrible as it sounds it might be not so bad if another person dies and the police and their are blamed again.

Yeah maybe you will die and we'll use you as the example...

Dont make comments like that, a life is far more valuable then worrying about yourself getting wasted. Having said that, I agree on the fact that police are seriously not getting the picture of what they are doing. It may take a few more accidents to happen before they do realise the picture but they still continue to think they are doing more harm-reduction then they actually are. No wonder they get their nicknames of being 'Pigs'. Fucken oath their PIGS!

Is New South Wales usually this gung ho with police pressence? I'm not talking exclusively about sniffer dogs, rather the whole supervising people trying to have a good time. Do you have more of a street violence problem than ther states?

Yeah the cops are always like this. Out in numbers. Nah I think we have less of street violence problem than Melbourne. After reading the other thread about Melbourne's violence I can say I don't see Sydney as being quite as bad.

I've been going to the city (Sydney) every other weekend for the past few years and I have never had any trouble with violence, seen a few brawls but have rarely had to fight my way out of trouble.

Although it is on the news all the time so I could just be a lucky one...

Thats why you take drugs that the dogs arent trained to smell. LSD, K, G, RC's...thats what id do anyway. I know everyone cant get RC's but 2C-B would be my choice for something like this.