• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

Dont snort morphine, it's BA is low enough orally. I beleive plugging is the best way that doesn't involve a needle. There is a morphine MEGA thread that will probably answer all of your questions.

The oral route may metabolize morphine into something that is more likely to release histamines, which could explain why you got alot of negative side effects via the oral route. Of course, morphine is well known for its proportionately high histamine release side effects versus other opiates, but I'm not sure if thats due to the morphine itself or some of its metabolites.

i've got approximately 60mg morphine and it'll be my first time trying it. I have done opiates in the past, but it's been a long time so I'm thinking my tolerance has gone down quite a bit. Any suggestions as to how much I should take? And I'm either going to eat it or snort it...plugging and IV is just not for me...so out of the two methods which one do you guys prefer?

Buddy122:

break it in half. eat one half on empty stomach. wait one hour. if you feel fine after then, you may take the other half. you might throw up the next day if you end up eating both, but you should be fine as long as no other decent amount of OTHER drugs/alcohol are involved.

the only reason to snort morphine is to maybe have it kick in faster, but all you have to do is crush the pill fine into powder by placing it between two objects and crush it collecting the peices and put the powder on something like a playing card (ace of hearts maybe?). fold the playing card and pour on your tounge and chase it down with water.

The oral route may metabolize morphine into something that is more likely to release histamines, which could explain why you got alot of negative side effects via the oral route. Of course, morphine is well known for its proportionately high histamine release side effects versus other opiates, but I'm not sure if thats due to the morphine itself or some of its metabolites.

This is an interesting concept. Does anybody know the method of morphine's action on histamine? Is the histamine reaction a result of morphine or morphine-byproducts (e.g. from oral metabolism)?

Also, would plugging reduce the histamine reaction. What would be the best way to get around that damn stubborn was matrix (which I assume is necessary for plugging). I assume that dissolving in water is need to plug, but the wax does not dissolve, even in boiling water. How to get around this?

This is an interesting concept. Does anybody know the method of morphine's action on histamine? Is the histamine reaction a result of morphine or morphine-byproducts (e.g. from oral metabolism)?
It's a result of the morphine itself, but I'm not sure how to explain it most properly. I think someone else could better explain it.

Codeine has the worst histamine reaction from what I've heard.

It's a result of the morphine itself, but I'm not sure how to explain it most properly. I think someone else could better explain it.

Codeine has the worst histamine reaction from what I've heard.

The morphine binds to receptors on the surface of mast cells, which are antibody-containing cells responsible for allergic reactions (and inflammatory reactions in their normal course of duties). In response, the mast cells recognize the morphine as a "foreign object" or an "invader," and release their contents of histamines, which lead to the reaction as the histamines bind histamine receptors. Since morphine and other opiates do not trigger the release of IgE antibodies, however, they do not cause true allergic reactions. Different opiates have different affinities for mast cell receptors, which would account for the widely varying differences in histamine release between opiates/opioids. Since morphine and codeine are so structurally similar, it makes sense that these have histamine reactions similar in strength.

This paper
has a great wealth of info on the opiate histamine response. According to this page, morphine and other opiates do not actually bind opiate receptors on the mast cell surface (which is what I thought and what some other sources say), but in fact bind the IgE antibodies studding the surface of the mast cells. But for whatever reason these antibodies are still not release as per a normal allergic reaction, so somehow the mast cells must be able to differentiate between an allergen/foreign body in need of antibody response and a foreign body which causes release of histamine, but not of antibodies.

Last edited:
Buddy122:

break it in half. eat one half on empty stomach. wait one hour. if you feel fine after then, you may take the other half. you might throw up the next day if you end up eating both, but you should be fine as long as no other decent amount of OTHER drugs/alcohol are involved.

the only reason to snort morphine is to maybe have it kick in faster, but all you have to do is crush the pill fine into powder by placing it between two objects and crush it collecting the peices and put the powder on something like a playing card (ace of hearts maybe?). fold the playing card and pour on your tounge and chase it down with water.

thank you for your quick response. so judging by this i'm guessing that 30mg is a good starting point. i'll definitely just eat the pills then, i dont want to unnecessarily insufflate anything. thanks.

^ Yes 30mg is a good starting point for oral admin. I wasn't suggesting insufflating the crushed powder, but I do see why you would be concerned with accidentally insufflating it, if you attempt method I described (which is a method similar to parachuting the morphine).

Trying this out tonight, all systems go. Thanks for the help, its much appreciated.

so it's been roughly two hours and i've done all i had...i feel ok, just ok. more lightheaded and dizzy than anything. no nausea. my arms feel kinda achy though, idk if that has anything to do with it though. maybe this stuff will blow my mind when some more time passes, we'll see.

Just an update the day after taking it: besides a nice body buzz for about an hour, I had a bad exprience with it. I stayed pretty nauseous the whole time I was on it, ended up throwing up before I fell asleep. This morning I was still sick at work, ended up leaving early. Anyways, I'm guessing opiates just aren't for me. Oh well, chalk it up to experience.

Just an update the day after taking it: besides a nice body buzz for about an hour, I had a bad exprience with it. I stayed pretty nauseous the whole time I was on it, ended up throwing up before I fell asleep. This morning I was still sick at work, ended up leaving early. Anyways, I'm guessing opiates just aren't for me. Oh well, chalk it up to experience.

consider yourself lucky that you don't like opiates.

^yeeeah, this is true...now i dont need to add it to the list of other things that i do, unfortunately, enjoy (that are way more toxic) :-/

Yeah unlucky Buddy.

I'm the same, tried codeine (3-4 times), poppy tea (once) and oxycodone (6-7 times) and all opiates make me do is feel like I've tried to drink 200 shots of scotch and smoke 19 cigarettes at once. Ugh. The sickness I feel from consuming opiates reminds me of the flu. Why does this happen to some people?

I'm praying I don't need pain management in the future and get a nice IV shot of morphine in the hospital or something. Maybe the sickness and dizzyness would take my mind of the pain though, har har

buddy - to avoid nausea in the future try a small dose of an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine or promethazine. though those two are sedating which might not sit too well with you. there are alternative 2nd generation anti-histamines as well which have no sedation as a side effect.

Yeah unlucky Buddy.

I'm the same, tried codeine (3-4 times), poppy tea (once) and oxycodone (6-7 times) and all opiates make me do is feel like I've tried to drink 200 shots of scotch and smoke 19 cigarettes at once. Ugh. The sickness I feel from consuming opiates reminds me of the flu. Why does this happen to some people?

yeah, that's pretty much exactly how i felt late last night and all day today, it was like a really BAD alcohol hangover...and i was extremely exhausted. And its funny you mention the flu, because i did have achy limbs while i was on it, which did remind of how they feel when i have the flu...weird.

buddy - to avoid nausea in the future try a small dose of an anti-histamine like diphenhydramine or promethazine. though those two are sedating which might not sit too well with you. there are alternative 2nd generation anti-histamines as well which have no sedation as a side effect.

hmm, i will have to look into this. I'm not opposed to trying more opiates in the future, i just might have to start out with a VERY small dose because I hate feeling the way I did earlier...but I'll remember to try some anti-histamines with it as well. And the sedation factor shouldnt be a problem as long as I've gotten enough sleep and plan to be awake while on it. Thanks.