• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

How do you know if you've overdosed?

This past weekend I took about 150-200 mg of morphine orally over the course of 24 hours, with about a 60mg 'tolerance'. I didn't sleep for the first 24 hours, but then I passed the FUCK OUT. I had horrible nightmares and I didn't leave my bed for 48 hours, except for a piss or two and some water. I wasn't planning on missing work, but the effects of the morphine had me sleeping (and one time puking) through Monday. Today I managed to make it to work, but I was still nodding, even after literally sleeping all fucking weekend.

My question is this:

How do you know when to call it quits and go to the fucking ER? What are the obvious signs of Morphine overdose (if there are any outside of sleeping and puking)?

for kapanol shooters

i just got news from a friend,

her friend is in hospital with fucked kidneys after using iv kapanol for 3 years. its touch and go. it always seemed pretty clean to me, but i guess that milky colour means it full of shit. Now that wheel filters are availiable at most nsp's id reccommend learning to use one, it took an extra 10 mins the other day but it made such a difference! including and faster cleaner high. (oc's)

Ingredients

Kapanol contains the active ingredient morphine sulphate. It also contains the following inactive ingredients:

Sucrose (sugar), maize starch, hypromellose (464), ethylcellulose, methacrylic acid copolymer, macrogol 6000, diethyl phthalate, talc, gelatin, and SW-9009 Black Ink.

Kapanol does not contain gluten.
Kapanol does not contain lactose.

If your friend IV'd "kapanol" for 3 years and has fucked kidneys, I'm sure that's not the only organ that's fucked.

I'm sure the talc (which is an inactive ingredient in kapanol) is clogged up in his lungs.

If you IV "kapanol", then I would get 0.2 micron filters to filter out the talc. If you can't do that, don't IV it because even if the solution is clear (and it's not apparently), the talc will still be there though you cannot see it.

sorry to hear about your friends position. you should get them to sign up to bluelight so they know what they're doing in the future:)

This past weekend I took about 150-200 mg of morphine orally over the course of 24 hours, with about a 60mg 'tolerance'. I didn't sleep for the first 24 hours, but then I passed the FUCK OUT. I had horrible nightmares and I didn't leave my bed for 48 hours, except for a piss or two and some water. I wasn't planning on missing work, but the effects of the morphine had me sleeping (and one time puking) through Monday. Today I managed to make it to work, but I was still nodding, even after literally sleeping all fucking weekend.

My question is this:

How do you know when to call it quits and go to the fucking ER? What are the obvious signs of Morphine overdose (if there are any outside of sleeping and puking)?

I don't think you overdosed, it sounds like you had a displeasurable come down.

i forget there's a Morphine Mega Thread.

Morphine Suppository Dosage

I am curious as to what would be a good recreational dosage when taking Morphine suppositories. I have 12 of them, and they're 20 MG each. I know that since it's a suppository, it'll bypass my liver which usually breaks down a lot of the Morphine. This is why I'm unsure of a proper dosage. Any help is appreciated.

I tried morphs for the first time today. After iv, within 30 seconds I got a familiar Heroin rush, but then a very strange burning almost pins and needles feeling, VERY intense. That was fine, but what wasn't fine was for about a minute or two my head felt like it was full of blood, like I was hanging upside down, any idea why? thanks.

I tried morphs for the first time today. After iv, within 30 seconds I got a familiar Heroin rush, but then a very strange burning almost pins and needles feeling, VERY intense. That was fine, but what wasn't fine was for about a minute or two my head felt like it was full of blood, like I was hanging upside down, any idea why? thanks.

This is called a histamine reaction. This is common with IV morphine.

I am curious as to what would be a good recreational dosage when taking Morphine suppositories. I have 12 of them, and they're 20 MG each. I know that since it's a suppository, it'll bypass my liver which usually breaks down a lot of the Morphine. This is why I'm unsure of a proper dosage. Any help is appreciated.

LOL, I just had a really dodgy picture of you in my head stuffing twelve suppositories up your anus one by one.

Was this an overdose (morphine)?

Okay I acquired a morphine sulfate Extended Release 60mg pill (small orange round with boxed "M" and "60" on opposite side).

So I cut the pill in half, took one now-30mg piece and crushed it very thoroughly. Then mixed it with some hot (not boiling-- not burned when touched either) Gatorade for 10 minutes to be sure to defeat the time-release.

I then drank the gatorade about 2 hours after eating a small plate of rigotoni.

After about a half hour later I felt pressure all over the back of my head/upper neck. I wouldn't call it 'pain', just very uncomfortable and awkward pressure in the head. Eventually after an hour this turned into head-nausea (you no what I mean, nausea located in the head not stomach) that almost make me puke.

The weirdest thing is however, is that I didn't fell any of the psychoactive opiate effects of the morphine (but I did get very itchy throughout and drowsy towards the end)... I just didn't get the familiar opiate euphoria or anything that resembles it except the itching.

I am pretty sure I [slightly] overdosed. But why didn't I feel any of the morphine's signature effects (it seems I felt its side-effects only)?

ive never goten a good euphoria off MScontin ive always just goten itchy as fucking hell... and somewhat sedated...

as far as the nausea... because of your dose id gues you dont do opiates much at all... almost every time i start on another opiate bender i get the kind of nausea your talking about... my eyes just dont seem to work right... the room kinda looks a little off... and i end up throwing up every 30 minutes or so.. this generally starts the next day though...

as far as calling this an overdose... *shrug*... does it really matter? why dont we just call it an overdose... so next time maybe you will be a little bit more careful? i mean its not like the rigotoni did this to you... right?

30mg of morphine sulfate isn't overdosing.

I'm going to merge this into the morphine mega thread.

MSContin difficulty

Recently I scored a lot of 60mg morphine sulfate extended release pills by Mallinckrodt manufacturer. I have tried it about 3 times, with at least a week between each try. To ingest it each time (except the third), I crushed it up and dissolved into just-below-boiling fruit juice and stirred for at least 5 minutes to ensure the defeat of the time-release wax. I then drank this on an empty stomach.

The first time I took 30mg at once. This was a bad experience. I was hit with head-nausea, and a very uncomfortable feeling of pressure in the back of my head between the ear and the spine on both sides. I was also very itchy, but did not feel any of the familiar opiate euphoria.

The second time I took 15mg. This was disappointing. I was still noticably relaxed, but still had the awkward head-pressure, but this time no nausea. Also I did not itch very much this time, and still felt little to no euphoria.

The third time I snorted about 15mg. This was better than the last two. This time there a little more euphoria, and I had some nice pins-and-needles sensations in my arms, and the head-pressure was minimal.

Is there something about consuming morphine orally that effects one differently than when snorting (in a qualitative way)? The snorting experience was a lot better for me than oral, and I can't understand why because oral has better BA than snorting. Why do you think this happens?

p.s. please don't flame me over my low doses. I am naturally opiate-naiive and I have not developed tolerance ever. thanks

Morphine has a high first pass metabolism which means a lot get destroyed by the liver if you take it orally. Routes that bypass the liver are ideal.

The best way to take those particular pink waxy morphine pills is to booty bump them. Look it up if you dont know.

-lenses