• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

The biosomething (bio availability) of insufflation is horrible compared the oral route. I really don't like the ms contins at all. I have to take at least 150mg+ to get a decent buzz and as far as roa I just take the coating off crush and parachute. As far as potentiation there are a few threads here that cover the topic extensively; tagamet comes to mind just off the top of my head. Anyway, welcome to bluelight hope you can find all the info you're looking for. Save up your morphine pills and turn them into diacetylmorphine lol.

Plug em! The only way to go with those ethex pink 60s IMO. Any other way is a waste...

-lenses

By now its well documented that MS-Contins will gel up when introduced to any moisture. Still the gel has to be good for something. Of course I have a selfish interest to this question. I have dozens of Malinkropft 15mg and 60mg MS extended release; And every month I'm prescribed dozens more. I have tried it all short of injecting (with all that junk in the pills, it's just plain STOOPID to attempt it) Now, I must confess to doing something STOOPID myself...I still snort them (the 60mgs anyway). Yes, I know the Biosomething or other is horrible by this ROA but, it still works. I get a buzz and it keeps me from getting sick. So question... Who likes these things? What do you do with them? Make tea? Just swallow? Squirt up the pooper? Chew? Snort? Parachute? What do you use to potentiate? What works best for you and what do you like about them?

Best, Zoot
You can snort MS contin with an increased bioavailability (BA) when you combine the morphine with chitosan. By itself, morphine has a very poor bioavailability.

Some people would prefer to plug the MS contins, others just eat them. If you can get chitosan, I would snort them, but not regularly.

Plus, this is a self-serving thread, so I'm going to lock this as you should probably take your medication as prescribed. Well, instead of locking this, I'm just going to merge it into the Morphine Mega Thread and FAQ because that way you can still talk about morphine sulfate. IMO 60mg orally with no tolerance = should render you pretty high.

You can snort MS contin with an increased bioavailability (BA) when you combine the morphine with chitosan. By itself, morphine has a very poor bioavailability.

Some people would prefer to plug the MS contins, others just eat them. If you can get chitosan, I would snort them, but not regularly.

Plus, this is a self-serving thread, so I'm going to lock this as you should probably take your medication as prescribed. Well, instead of locking this, I'm just going to merge it into the Morphine Mega Thread and FAQ because that way you can still talk about morphine sulfate. IMO 60mg orally with no tolerance = should render you pretty high.

how do you combine w/ chitosan? Chitosan is a "fat attractor" so some companies are selling bunk weight loss pills and also a clots blood (now being used in band aids) This shit is all on the net, but...

I've never seen it's consistency, just curious on how you combine (just take a chitosan tablet before insufflation?) and also the mechanics of how it works. I'm sure I'm not alone here, El Cap-i-tan ;)

edit: I did find a few threads pertaining to chitosan and morphine, but was unable to open the majority of them (?) (blank pages, i get that a lot w/ old BL threads)

Last edited:
MS Contin dosing question, please help!

I have recently detoxed off methadone and now have a basically non-existent opiate tolerance. For example, I can feel a slight buzz off two 7.5mg Vicodin at this point. Is there any chance of overdosing or getting sick from taking a 30mg MS Contin with a tolerance this low? I wouldn't be crushing it, just swallowing the pill. I'm weak from the recent detox and other physical problems and don't want to take any chances.

I appreciate any answers, I have no experience with MS Contin!

I have recently detoxed off methadone and now have a basically non-existent opiate tolerance. For example, I can feel a slight buzz off two 7.5mg Vicodin at this point. Is there any chance of overdosing or getting sick from taking a 30mg MS Contin with a tolerance this low? I wouldn't be crushing it, just swallowing the pill. I'm weak from the recent detox and other physical problems and don't want to take any chances.

I appreciate any answers, I have no experience with MS Contin!

I was detoxed 3 months ago off methadone, I take 30mg mscontins for severe internal organ pain. The only thing I noticed was the first night I woke up and had a headache. Btw be very careful, it took me about 3 days before I was just using them like my ol addict self - hope it works out bro. I would recommend taking 15mg and waiting, I mean you can always take some more - have fun trying to take it out after tho! 8o

Morphine has a piss poor oral BA like 30% so you will get like 10mg if your lucky into your system, again OP dont get your hopes up thats not a big dose and with past use it wont phase you much IMO.

Cool, honestly at this point I'm pretty much just taking it for pain relief but it would be nice to feel a buzz. Wish I could take 15mg and wait and see, but the pills are 30mg and I don't want to crush them and get it all at once (this time, anyway!).

Despite morphines rather shitty BA i find that it still get's me pretty damn fucking high at the right dose. Seems to work better after awile for some odd reason. With no tolerance you might feel something off a 30mg MScontin but you won't feel much. Becareful you don't become readdicted to opiates because it could easily happen with morphine.

Oral morphine is compared to oral hydrocodone 1:1, meaning that 30mg of hydrocodone = 30mg morphine for analgesia.

30mg of morphine will not produce significant CNS depression of concern or overdose.

I took 150mg of MS my first time with no tolerance whatsoever and didn't feel much. I woke up the next day feeling horrible with uncontrollable vomiting. Hope that helps.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I took 30mg this morning and as predicted it didn't do too much, felt drowsy with a slight opiate buzz. The biggest bummer was that it barely addressed my pain issues. I guess next time I'll try crushing it and swallowing it that way. I'm not used to dealing with time release pills, but from what I'm hearing it sounds like 30mg wouldn't be at all dangerous to take when crushed either, right? I suppose I can always take half and go from there...this whole plugging thing is sounds more and more tempting, though!

oral morphine is completely fucking useless whether its crushed or not. crush it and snort it. that's the only way you'll get what you're looking for. i always shot morphine but i don't recommend that.

The first time I ate a 30mg MS Contin (the only time I had it) I was pretty high for four hours - this was before my heroin use and ORT though.

We have a morphine mega thread, so I'm going to merge it in there.

I don't think 30mg morphine orally will be too much for someone without a tolerance - you may want to try half of it, but the whole thing won't be "overwhelming" at all.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. I took 30mg this morning and as predicted it didn't do too much, felt drowsy with a slight opiate buzz. The biggest bummer was that it barely addressed my pain issues. I guess next time I'll try crushing it and swallowing it that way. I'm not used to dealing with time release pills, but from what I'm hearing it sounds like 30mg wouldn't be at all dangerous to take when crushed either, right? I suppose I can always take half and go from there...this whole plugging thing is sounds more and more tempting, though!

On many of those ER morphine pills, the wax matrix can be quite a bear. With some brands, you can crush them up, mix in water, and you're STILL left with an ER solution!

how do you combine w/ chitosan? Chitosan is a "fat attractor" so some companies are selling bunk weight loss pills and also a clots blood (now being used in band aids) This shit is all on the net, but...

I've never seen it's consistency, just curious on how you combine (just take a chitosan tablet before insufflation?) and also the mechanics of how it works. I'm sure I'm not alone here, El Cap-i-tan ;)

edit: I did find a few threads pertaining to chitosan and morphine, but was unable to open the majority of them (?) (blank pages, i get that a lot w/ old BL threads)

JC's link did the explaining as to "why" in a scientific way - and from what I can tell, you combine chitosan with the morphine to insuffulate it. I don't know how easily you can insuffulate a part of a chitosan tablet, and I don't know if there's any easy way to acquire chitosan by itself, or how easy it is to insuffulate it.

I mostly used heroin, which already gets a 50% intra-nasal BA without any help from anything else. Maybe some seasoned morphine users could point out some tips for chitosan use for snorting morphine?

I also hate when search engine results from the archive yield a white page - sorry about that.

oral morphine is completely fucking useless whether its crushed or not. crush it and snort it. that's the only way you'll get what you're looking for. i always shot morphine but i don't recommend that.

Snorting has a lower BA then oral unless you combine the morphine with chitosan. Oral morphine will work fine if you take the right dose. Everyone is different because even though i have a pretty big tolerance i like oral morphine over any other opiate except hydromorphone. Actually i prefer it to hydromorphone overall because of the fact that the duration of snorted dilaudid is so fucking short.

With morphine you can take abunch and nod in and out for hours.

Can anyone give me some advice on this?

These morphine pills . 30mg purple. Apparently it's not safe to do anything but eat them becuase when moist they gell.
Does this sound right?

What is recomended for ROA of these things? I hate that i have to settle for morphine right now.

I get these scripted to, I usually snort them if you don't get them wet they do crush into a nice fine powder. Then snort little lines, It works great, in fact I get just as high snorting them as I do plugging. Trick is just don't get them wet before they get into your nose.
It might be just me and I know how to do it but I also don't get a plugged nose with a lot of gel.
Also I was on oxy's for 4 years and I'm glad I switched to Morphine. It works a hell of a lot better for pain relief, and that is my ultimate goal..