PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) Morphine Mega Thread & FAQ'S

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

TheLostBoys
01-03-2012, 16:03
Tried morphine for the first time recently.

I had no current tolerance from any recent opioid use to factor in, and also, I had never had anything intravenously. I had previously ingested 20mg diazepam (but I have a little bit of current benzo tolerance, high natural tolerance and diazepam does fuck all to me, but it is nevertheless important to take other CNS depressants seriously into account). This was my third time using a stronger opioid, the first two being with oxycodone. My first time with oxy was 40mg (plus alcohol, drank before the surprising acquisition of said OCs - foolhardily decided to eat it anyway, but I was fine), so I figure I'm not naturally all that sensitive to opiates, at least.

I took 10mg I.V., and felt very little effects. A mild wave of warmth, but nothing I'd call a rush. I plugged another 10mg very shortly after, and found myself feeling quite sedated - though still comfortably able to move without stumbling or nausea - but hardly euphoric at all. 400mg of tramadol, I would say, was more euphoric for me. I've come to the conclusion that the dose was obviously insufficient.

When I next try it, how much would be a safe dose, which would give me a good impression of recreational effects of IV morphine? Since I could tolerate 40-50mg oxycodone tolerance-naive, I figured 20-25mg would be safe to slam. Also, would it be safe - and would it add to, or detract from, the experience - to take 20mg and a low dose, 5-10mg of diazepam or something equivalent?

Not many people feel that Morphine is euphoric, its more of a sedation but comfortable one.

Escapedysphoria
01-03-2012, 16:18
Morphine is euphoric, maybe not as euphoric as say IV Heroin or oxymorphone, but definitely a euphoriant.
It all comes down to personal opinions, but once you've fallen in love with let's say heroin, the legs and nod of morphine is great. I've yet to try to IV Morphine. Last time i purchased Morphine IR my dope dealer's dumb junkie ass forgot to shave off the coating and it gelled up on the spoon. I wanted to expirience the infamous "pins and needles" rush.

Wolfmans_BrothEr
02-03-2012, 17:25
I have a kadian 100mg capsule (the one with the beads) after reading through a shitload of threads ive decided to either plug (tp method, I dnt have a syringe) or as one suggestion stated "crush up the beads, let dissolve in water and drink". I'm kinda down for trying the second option, since it seems like a lot less opportunity to fuck it up, but I only have 1 and wanna get the most out of it.

Currently I can take 30-50mg oxycodone to get to the level I wanna be at. so considering my tolerance can anyone help me out as to the best way to take it other than IV?

Also if anyone has any tips to make any of these methods easier that'd b cool

wrek1
08-03-2012, 16:47
MS MONO CAPSULES (morphine sulphate)

Just a quick question for those people out there, has anyone had the new longer lasting version of morphine MS Mono?? I got changed from oxycontin 80mg twice daily to 150mg MS Mono once daily and my opinion is that the mono is shit cause of lack of euphoria also not much pain relief. Would MS contin be better even though mono and ms contin are exactly the same only difference ms mono is slower release with the dose lasting 24 hours? Or woulda higher dose be needed or just go back to oxy??
Not many people have heard or are prescribed MS Mono but those ones who have tried it or are taking it currently how do you compare it to other pain killers and do you know how to pass the time release ...... do I just empty the cap and crush the beads??:?

tricomb
09-03-2012, 00:30
MSContin is probably the better choice, it's one of my favorite forms of morphine for pain releif.

You need to raise that dosage too, especially since it's supposed to be spread over 24 hours...

brighton
09-03-2012, 04:49
MS MONO CAPSULES (morphine sulphate)

Just a quick question for those people out there, has anyone had the new longer lasting version of morphine MS Mono?? I got changed from oxycontin 80mg twice daily to 150mg MS Mono once daily and my opinion is that the mono is shit cause of lack of euphoria also not much pain relief. Would MS contin be better even though mono and ms contin are exactly the same only difference ms mono is slower release with the dose lasting 24 hours? Or woulda higher dose be needed or just go back to oxy??
Not many people have heard or are prescribed MS Mono but those ones who have tried it or are taking it currently how do you compare it to other pain killers and do you know how to pass the time release ...... do I just empty the cap and crush the beads??:?

By my calculations 160mg oxy = 240mg morphine

no wonder your not getting much pain relief!!

srrondina
09-03-2012, 13:42
I usually plug about 15-20 morphine 15mg IR, after i have crushed them into a super fine powder and all my water i mix it well then let it set for about 10 mins so all the left over residue from the pill (white looking powder) settles to the bottom of my glass. My question is, the residue at the bottom of the glass is it useless to try to plug also or should i just plug the clear liquid. Iv been usaing all the white residue and liquid but i didn't know if it was any different or not.

i against i
13-03-2012, 18:16
so i have a few ms contin er 10mg, planning to use them after raving on the comedown from mdma and 2cb, about how many would equal a small line of average brown? figured these will be a lot easier to use when out and about.

thanks.

tricomb
13-03-2012, 22:16
If you can, crush it up and let it soak in 1mL of water for 8-12 hours ahead of hand and then plug it when you want to come down.

Because you you only have the 10mg extended release morphines, that's not that much, especially if you were to pop it orally as the bioavailability is terrible, and don't snort it because the bioavailability for that is piss poor as well especially since they're not instant release pills. Plugging is the best way to go.

i against i
14-03-2012, 00:15
cheers. so you reckon one will be alright?

brighton
14-03-2012, 00:17
I usually plug about 15-20 morphine 15mg IR, after i have crushed them into a super fine powder and all my water i mix it well then let it set for about 10 mins so all the left over residue from the pill (white looking powder) settles to the bottom of my glass. My question is, the residue at the bottom of the glass is it useless to try to plug also or should i just plug the clear liquid. Iv been usaing all the white residue and liquid but i didn't know if it was any different or not.

The residue will be mostly fillers and binders. I would plug the clear liquid on top, then rinse out the residue for plugging round two =D

brighton
14-03-2012, 00:19
cheers. so you reckon one will be alright?

Try 15-20mg if your tolerance is low and go from there.

i against i
14-03-2012, 00:40
i'm a semi regular brown user so i guess i'll go for 20mg, just seems easier now i have some to use pills when out than powder, but if i gotta plug it mayb not.

tricomb
14-03-2012, 00:55
if you have any sort of tolerance whatsoever then 30mg morphine plugged is a good starting dose. That's was what I did the first time I ever plugged morphine. Oral morphine is such a waste.
Just remember that you need to let them sit for at least 8-12 hours (in cold water, only 1mL is needed) to allow the MSContins time release to release itself.

And Brighton- I supersaturate my morphine doses these days soaking many pills at a time overnight for the morning dose, and I've found that when I leave my mallinckrodt 100mg morphines for 8 hours in water, there is no "residue" left, it's a completely aqueous solution.

i against i
15-03-2012, 00:37
will it be an issue that i haven't taken a shit for a few days?

cc90mg
23-03-2012, 07:13
I get purple 30mg morphines.....i have been heating them but just learned that you shouldnt do that...they gel up pretty bad..does not heating them help that or is there something else i should do????

Limitbreaker
29-03-2012, 19:50
How is morphine compared to heroin? Not necessarily IV, but in general. Plugged, oral, nasal.

tricomb
29-03-2012, 20:26
Very similar. diamorphine has a much bigger rush because it crossed the BBB faster than morphine, but alot of the other effects are the same.

I'm comparing it to black/brown tar heroin, which has a lot of morphine content in it already, and 6-MAM. Maybe powder H has a more "pure" high, but tar feels pretty comparable to morphine sulphate besides the rush.

ou8e2
28-04-2012, 04:27
You can make it more euphoric by baking it with acetic anhydride,or even acetic acid aka vinegar with water removed,to get not diamorph,...but better ,check out; home bake;threads.

kokaino
28-04-2012, 04:41
Anyone that claims or even thinks that morphine is not euphoric is absolutely delusional and completely devoid of any common sense or haven't tried it intravenously.
If you think that heroin is euphoric then you automatically have to agree that morphine is euphoric because heroin is nothing but a morphine prodrug and its real name is morphine diacetate or diacetylmorphine.

Morphine is probably the most euphoric opioid there is along with heroin. Studies have shown this to be true.

tricomb
28-04-2012, 08:07
Anyone that claims or even thinks that morphine is not euphoric is absolutely delusional and completely devoid of any common sense or haven't tried it intravenously.
If you think that heroin is euphoric then you automatically have to agree that morphine is euphoric because heroin is nothing but a morphine prodrug and its real name is morphine diacetate or diacetylmorphine.

Morphine is probably the most euphoric opioid there is along with heroin. Studies have shown this to be true.

Yes, I know. Who disputed this?

kokaino
28-04-2012, 19:18
Yes, I know. Who disputed this?

TheLostBoys claimed and I quote:

Not many people feel that Morphine is euphoric, its more of a sedation but comfortable one.

tricomb
28-04-2012, 20:01
Hahaha, morphine is one of the most euphoric opiates... I would take morphine over heroin 10 times out of 10.

kokaino
28-04-2012, 20:07
Hahaha, morphine is one of the most euphoric opiates... I would take morphine over heroin 10 times out of 10.

Morphine is extremely euphoric. If morphine isn't euphoric then I don't know what is. Without morphine there would be no such thing as heroin. A study actually found them to be equally euphoric.

Wikipedia cites the study:

In controlled studies comparing the physiological and subjective effects of injected heroin and morphine in individuals formerly addicted to opiates, subjects showed no preference for one drug over the other. Equipotent, injected doses had comparable action courses, with no difference in subjects' self-rated feelings of euphoria, ambition, nervousness, relaxation, drowsiness, or sleepiness.[10] Short-term addiction studies by the same researchers demonstrated that tolerance developed at a similar rate to both heroin and morphine. When compared to the opioids hydromorphone, fentanyl, oxycodone, and pethidine/meperidine, former addicts showed a strong preference for heroin and morphine, suggesting that heroin and morphine are particularly susceptible to abuse and addiction. Morphine and heroin were also much more likely to produce euphoria and other positive subjective effects when compared to these other opioids.[10] The choice of heroin and morphine over other opioids by former-drug addicts may also be the result of the fact that heroin (also known as morphine diacetate, diamorphine or di-acetyl-morphine) is an ester salt of morphine and a morphine prodrug, essentially meaning that they are identical drugs in vivo. Heroin is converted to morphine before binding to the opioid receptors in the brain and spinal cord, where morphine then causes the subjective effects, which is what the addicted individuals are ultimately looking for.[11]

tricomb
28-04-2012, 21:41
Kokaino,
This is the reason why I don't bother with heroin. Heroin, in my area (tar) even when micron filtered does much more damage than micron filtered pharmaceutical morphine sulphate.

That's why I'll take a Malli 100mg [M]100 over TWO stamps (0.2g) of heroin 10 times out of 10. They are tiny, and do not gel. Even better: The MS-IR 30s, I get the Roxanne brand.

kokaino
28-04-2012, 21:46
Kokaino,
This is the reason why I don't bother with heroin. Heroin, in my area (tar) even when micron filtered does much more damage than micron filtered pharmaceutical morphine sulphate.

That's why I'll take an [M]100 over TWO stamps of heroin.

You're in the West coast huh? Yeah tar isn't anywhere as good as the powder we have here in the Midwest and East coast. I have an aunt in Modesto, CA and when I went there I went to Turlock to score some dope and of course it was tar, so I cooked it up and everything and shot it but it was nowhere as good as the stuff I get here in Detroit. I'd probably do pharmaceutical morphine if I was in your shoes too. The only thing is heroin is so much cheaper than pharms.

tricomb
28-04-2012, 21:56
Modesto is not a good are for heroin. That's like, 5 hours from where I'm at. Trust me, Oakland, CA has good tar. I have never had powder heroin, but I'd imagine it's much easier to cut. I like how tar contains more than just heroin, even if it's due to incomplete acetylation of the morphine haha. I like the mild pins and needles, not as pronounced as when shooting pharmaceutical Morphine sulphate.

Pharmaceutical Morphine Sulphate is cheaper by far in my situation. I can't describe by how far due to price discussion but it's significant.
Plus I just don't like street drugs, the only "street" drug I like is crystal MDMA and MDA. Every other drug, I prefer the pharmaceutical version. If I want to do Methamphetamine? Check, Desoxyn. Opiates? Check, many options, with exact dosage information and everything is sterile.

kokaino
28-04-2012, 22:26
Well pharmaceuticals are definitely cleaner and at least you know how much you're doing, unlike street drugs. I used to be obsessed with MDMA back when I was 18-20 years old. I would do E pills throughout the day everday. But I grew out of that. Modesto was FULL of crystal meth and it was good crystal too. I heard Desoxyn wasn't as good as Dexedrine (which I'm prescribed - I get 180 count of the 10 mg IR tabs a month), but I can't judge because I've never tried pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine. We got meth here in Detroit (especially in the suburbs), but the city is completely dominated by heroin and crack. In fact, Detroit has a severe heroin epidemic. So opioids of all kinds are easily obtained on the streets besides heroin. Morphine and Oxycontin are everywhere, same with Vicodins/Lortabs, Tylenol #3 & #4, and Percocets. Dilaudid and Demerol are very common, as is methadone. Fentanyl is relatively common aswell. Opana I never came across, unfortunately. Benzos are everywhere, especially lorazepam and alprazolam.

Morphiend71
05-06-2012, 22:19
I tried plugging 100mg MS Contin a couple different times and didnt't really feel much at all .. I have the generic made by rhodes pharm and i found that railing them is much better. I get a great energy buzz and take a 2mg xanax with it. There is no gelling at all and the the drip isnt to bad either. Not as good as coke but not as bad as u would think. I just get better results snorting them over plugg and oral. Just cant do it to late in the day or ill be up all night. Or ill be in a "twilight sleep" with crazy dreams!

romealone
19-06-2012, 02:05
Hi
I have morphine sulphate IR pills and want to IV them safely. I always use 0.2 micron filters to shoot pills but I've never shot these particular pills before and I believe that morphine IR pills contain talc. Is this correct, and if so, will the 0.2 filters remove all the talc to produce a safe injectable? Thanks

romealone
22-06-2012, 01:31
Hi
I have morphine sulphate IR pills and want to IV them safely. I always use 0.2 micron filters to shoot pills but I've never shot these particular pills before and I believe that morphine IR pills contain talc. Is this correct, and if so, will the 0.2 filters remove all the talc to produce a safe injectable? Thanks

I hate to bump this but it's been days since I posted this and still haven't received any responses and am interested in this as far as harm reduction goes.

tricomb
22-06-2012, 05:11
Yes, micron filters will filter out all particulate matter larger than 0.2um.

Laughing Man
14-08-2012, 01:55
I wanted to point out a couple of things about one pill filler. Silicon dioxide(SiO2) AKA Silica). SiO2 is chemically inert but it is also insoluble. Why? Because SiO2 in pills is merely micro fine quartz dust. It will be transparent in water or any solvent but is a suspension of nano sized particles.
It is only soluble in hydrofluoric acid. You definitely do not want to mess around with this acid. Remember the scene in "Breaking Bad" where Jesse tried to dissolve a body in his bath tub and the acid devoured the tub? He used hydrofluoric acid and didn't use the right kind of plastic containers Walt told him to buy.
These qualities make it a good filler for pills designed to be ingested orally but the SiO2 will eventually be deposited in the capillaries. Especially in the lungs and brain so IV any extraction is a very poor idea.
Basically all the extraction methods I have seen described here can not eliminate the SiO2.

Another technicality. Many seem to think the route of ingestion makes a difference as to whether or not the drug will go through the liver or not. No matter how it gets into your blood stream the drug will pass through the liver equally. The gastrointestinal acid, a weak hydrochloric acid, that is the primary chemical which breaks down enough of the morphine sulfate to lesser bioavailabilty than rear end or IV methods but again, regardless of the route of ingestion the liver will be the primary processor of the morphine. Just that oral ingestion will diminish the effective dose compared to IV or rectal and extend the duration of it's effects.

I've tried the rectal method using 2 X 100 mg tabs of pulverized MS Contin. My subjective effects were no different from when I take it orally. I do crush my pills in a commercial pill crusher but not down to powder. I just break it down into smaller chunks. I want the gel timed release protection to help it survive the stomach but still slightly increase the onset of felt effects.

Laughing Man
24-08-2012, 22:25
I finally tried plugging about 100 mg out of 400 mg of MS Contin which was allowed to sit in the refrigerator for a week.
Not much difference than a slightly crushed tab taken orally.
Yesterday I tried the rest, 300 mg, plugged.
Only slightly stronger and onset was also only slightly faster.
Lasted about as long as same doses taken orally.
So my conclusion is that it's a waste of time.
I find I get best results by using a pill crusher to fracture the tab into a dozen large fragments and some smaller particle than if I pulverize and take that orally.
When pulverized it is apparently subject to more damage by digestive juices. Its a surface area thing. But fracturing the tab allows it to survive passage through the stomach better and speeds onset. This is essentially the same effect and same speed of onset as plugging so why bother? At least that is my conclusion. I think after going over a month taking half my daily Rx 200 mg should have made it easier for me to feel 300 mg plugged. But it really wasn't a big enough improvement to bother with.

tricomb
25-08-2012, 01:26
That's too bad that it didn't work out for you. Plugging is not the best ROA for everyone but most people get much better results when dosed rectally. I personally experience extremely rapid onset and the intensity/analgesia is significantly higher than oral dosing.

I bother because:
1) instant onset
2) longer duration
3) more pain killing action / analgesia
4) less side effects
5) better overall experience

However, some people get better effects from oral dosing, everyone's body is different, and the science backing up the rectal ROA is variable, including the rectal BA which goes from about 30% (so around the same of oral) up to like 70%, in which case obviously if you fall into this category, the rectal ROA is a very viable and good option.

Jktm
25-08-2012, 01:29
I think you get closer to the 70% if you add around 100mg of baking soda to your morphine concoction to alkalize it...

edit: when dosing rectally that is...

oxycoma
25-08-2012, 01:54
Nothing like a colon full of MSContin and baking soda. I have crushed and eaten 100-200mg MSContin orally on numerous occasions but never got much off of them. Had all of the side effects of a strong opiate (itching, constricted pupils, etc.) with very little euphoria. If a 70% bioavailability can be achieved rectally though I would definitely be interested if I run across some more any time soon.

tricomb
25-08-2012, 02:01
I think you get closer to the 70% if you add around 100mg of baking soda to your morphine concoction to alkalize it...

edit: when dosing rectally that is...

This is correct, which is why I recommend plugging morphine at a pH of 8.

Lynx2525
12-01-2013, 04:52
Excellent information! Thank you very, very much for posting this! I really appreciate the info on finding veins and how to use the needle. I've been using needles for various substances for over a decade, but I've never told anyone I do it. Consequently, I really don't know how to do it and I miss A LOT! This will help me with my new prescription of morphine sulfate IR tablets. Many thanks!
L.

Mass08
12-01-2013, 05:09
Tricomb you are probably the smartest drug user I've ever seen. Props.

tricomb
12-01-2013, 08:22
Tricomb you are probably the smartest drug user I've ever seen. Props.

Thanks man!

Lynx2525
08-02-2013, 05:46
Hello all! Last month my doc gave me morphine sulfate IR and I safely Injected many of them thanks to the info here. This month he gave me morphine sulfate ER. Can someone tell me the difference between IR and ER when it comes to injecting? Will the extended release gel up? Thank you in advance!

So they gel right up. What can I do to safely IV?

A fish
12-02-2013, 21:56
I've heard it's best to only use pure saline as this will keep the new er pills from gelling and to never heat option pills, is this good info/advise?

Numb19
13-02-2013, 02:11
A quick question about oral Morphine.

SWIM is used to taking about 40mg-50mg of Oxy orally (IR) about three times per week and SWIM feels it at this dose.

SWIM has 20mg Morphine IR's and is wondering what dose is good to get over the cross-tolerance and feel something from it?

SWIM remembers taking 10mg Morphine IR several years ago and got quite buzzed off that with a decent rush (at that time SWIM's Oxy dose was about 7.5mg-10mg as well).

SWIM just took 3 X 20mg Morphine IR at the same time on the weekend after taking Oxy in for the two days prior to this and SWIM did not really feel much except some sedation (no real rush or buzz).

So what is a good dose for SWIM and his/her Morphine IR? 100mg? 120mg?

Thanks.

tentram
13-02-2013, 03:07
^ i'd simply bump your dose up 20mg every 45-60mins from where you left off last time until you reach your point of satisfaction.

I've heard it's best to only use pure saline as this will keep the new er pills from gelling and to never heat option pills, is this good info/advise?

any type of water is going to kick start the gelling that the majority of morphine pills are notorious fore. saline, distilled, bacteriostatic, whatever water will cause gelling.

VanitaS
13-02-2013, 22:33
I get pretty nauseous every time I take morphine, even on lower dosages, probably my paper stomach and because I take it so rarely.

I want to take 20mg of morphine IR for pain coupled with doxylamine-succinate against the nausea, does anyone know what kind of dosage I'd need in order to not throw up?
The regular dosage of diphenhydramine would help me out as well considering I can calculate what kind of a dose I'd need based on the potency.

I'd also like to know whether or not I should take them both at once or take the doxylamine and wait for it to kick in because I can pretty much feel the morphine working after about 10 minutes whereas the doxylamine would take a while longer to kick in fully, and I really don't want to throw up/itch myself to death today.

Thanks in advance.

Laughing Man
14-02-2013, 03:00
I am used to 2 X 100 mg MS Contin every 12 hours. I believe that 80 mg of Oxycontin is about equal to 100 mg MS Contin per intended medical analgesic effects.
IMO, the subjective recreational effects are different. I prefer Oxycontin for recreation.
In the USA, the FDA forced Oxycontin to be bound together so it now is more resistant to off label usage so that it now behaves more like MS Contin, ie gelling tendency.
High dosage, instant release forms of both are restricted to 20 mg tabs or less if memory serves.

zacc
15-02-2013, 11:13
my main question about heroin is..is there an easy way to test if you what you have IN FACT IS HEROIN? like with no test labs or anything...Im assuming that testing the purity of it requires some sort of lab technique but what about if you just wannna u if u have a ligitimate heroin?Ime not sure of the name offhand, but there are a few chemical reagants that by dropping a bit on a touch of powder will go a certain color if its H!! The darker the color, the stronger the H!!

zacc
15-02-2013, 11:15
I would also like to know your source for the rectal bioavailability, as the Bioavailability/Half-Life thread (http://bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=266339)states that it is the same as oral.Being as oral ingestion of M loses a considerable amount, rectal is definetly stronger!!

Bubblegummer
16-02-2013, 14:35
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if 20mg of Kapanol crushed and swallowed is anywhere near 10mg liquid IV as they have at hospital ect? I really like the IV or IM I've had before and now have some Kapanol 20mg and 10mg capsules and I'd like to safely replicate the nice euphoria I get from the IM/IV morphine. What will 20mg Kapanol crushed be equivalent to??