Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wisdom teeth and pain

the red shark

Bluelighter
One of my wisdom teeth is coming through and i may need surgery to remove one or more... I am currently prescribed several benzodiapines for anxiety and insomnia, however benzodiazepine dependence has been an issue in the past (from my previous doctor's perspective, but noted on file). I also suffered liver damage not that long ago - but has returned to near normal and am still allowed to take my medication. Anyway I have several questions, firstly what painkillers are generally prescribed for wisdom teeth pain as codeine isn't exactly effective for me, so I doubt panadeine fortes would help with relief, but am worried the benzo dependence may hinder my chances of getting prescribed something stronger ( I am in the postion where I cannot afford to take time off work either) but do not want to push the issue to appear seeking and am happy to work through the pain, but wondering what is generally prescribed? Also does the dentist prescribed the medication or the doctor (both are aware of medications I am on currently)? If i were to go under general, would I be allowed to take xanax - i do suffer chronic anxiety? As someone with a high tolerance to codiene and opiates, but past liver issues, is there an alternative pain reliever?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

* Edit should have mentioned am in Australia and if possible can it be merged to Wisdom Teeth Thread in Aus Drug Discussion? Apologies didn't search thoroughly :(

Last edited:
You got a few questions there, I might leave this on it's own for a while.

the red shark said:
Anyway I have several questions, firstly what painkillers are generally prescribed for wisdom teeth pain as codeine isn't exactly effective for me, so I doubt panadeine fortes would help with relief

Codeine is the norm. I know in the U.S. of A. oxycodone is quite common for dental procedures, but I don't think that's the case here. Whatever you get, definitely don't push too much for something stronger, especially with your file.

Also, to anyone posting a reply, please no suggestions on how to persuade his doc otherwise.

Also does the dentist prescribed the medication or the doctor (both are aware of medications I am on currently)?

The dentist I believe. If continued/increased pain relief is required though, probably your doc.

If i were to go under general, would I be allowed to take xanax - i do suffer chronic anxiety?

Discuss with the dentist beforehand. Give him a call.

As someone with a high tolerance to codiene and opiates, but past liver issues, is there an alternative pain reliever?

Again, discuss with the dentist and your doctor. If the liver issues are no longer a problem however, this may not factor in. Are you allowed to take APAP products?

Ahaha i had this a while ago. Took like a 24 pak painkillers in a week, theres not much u can do.

I can't recall what it was, but there was a topical gel you could buy at the pharmacist for wisdom teeth issues and it worked like a charm for me when mine were coming through. Admittedly, this was quite a while back, but I'd imagine this stuff would still be available.

yeh i just had my second wisdom tooth pulled and shit they hurt for a year before hand not alot you can do other than take panadeine forte and grin and bear it

I had my bottom wisdoms taken out like 4 years ago ...

they were growing on 90 degree angle right into my back teeth ...

cost me $1500 in private hospital .. got $700 back ... pvt insurance is great ...

Had to go hospital and put under , they had to drill into my jawbone to get them out.

You might be lucky and job can be done by a normal dentist and you wont be fully put under which means you be able to work but if like mine you will need atleast 2 days to recover to be able to work.

Anyhow I was very stupid ... I tried to smoke from a bong day after and I tore my stitches out on one side ... mouthful of blood for an hour .. then stopped ... DO NOT SMOKE FROM A BONG UNTIL STITCHES DISSOLVE.

you mentioned you had liver probs .. I wont ask but can you drink alcohol ... because thats what I did for days until pain went away. they had to drill part of my jawbone away then break teeth up to get them out which left me with a sore jaw like when you get punched & the holes remained for like 2 years ..

do not eat foods like peanuts and so on for atleast a year otherwise those holes fill up with food and can very hard to rinse out... thus bad breath !

I have a high tolernace to pain and I was told by the Dr it was hardest op he has done on wisdoms and I was told to eat nurofen which did nothing so alcohol and when I busted stitches my mum gave me couple of her Di-Gesic pills which helped alot ...

If you tell the Dr this he will probably give you a script ...

GoodLuck

Meh...DiGesic is roughly the same as Nurofen Plus, atleast that's what the doctor told me. Personally, 100mg Doloxene (dextropropoxyphene hydrochloride) up to 600mg a day doesn't do shit for pain. I got Rx'd these fuckers after my car accident, and felt much better with 30mg Codeine with Paracetamol. Doloxene also is a dangerous narcotic, if not the worst, and is used in people who want to kill themselves I think, and for what? It doesn't produce noticeable analgesia, doesn't promote euphoria, causes seizures and death in high enough doses...Fun!

Dude, the best you can get for Wisdom Teeth removal, after you get out of the hospital they'll give you codeine (I got Mersyndol Forte and it did shit all for pain). Don't go scamming dentists/doctors for narcotics!

I can't recall what it was, but there was a topical gel you could buy at the pharmacist for wisdom teeth issues and it worked like a charm for me when mine were coming through. Admittedly, this was quite a while back, but I'd imagine this stuff would still be available.

Its called bonjela, its used for babies as a numbing agent for tooth. Its almost like when coke numbs ur whole gums ehehe

And oral eze. Contains lidocaine or benzocaine or something. In a red and white box with a small bottle inside.

the pain isnt that bad, i had 4 out under general and felt fine after.

they gave me 500/30 codeine and i ripped through that jus for the fun of it, the downside of which is mass constipation. apparently most of the pain is relieved with anti-inflammatories.

youll be fine to go back to work in 3 days if you dont mind being seen in public with a fat face

Thank you for the replies, if the pain isn't that bad then there isn't really a massive issue. I just need to work, but if its bon jela and fortes so be the case.

It is essentially my fault as various opioid use over the last few years - ranging from morphine, oxys, done and fentanyl - all in moderation, basically if i have a headache i'll take four or so 15mg codeine/paracetamol (i've since switched to nurofen plus cos ibuprofen is better for the liver) but generally a strong migraine would require an extraction of a box of 12 panadiene 15s.

I don't exactly want to explain that to treat a migraine I use a cold water extraction to my doctor. I don't want to push for pain killers if they are not needed cos my main need is anxiety treatment and that is something that affects me everyday. If being in pain for a few days is all i'm sure i can get through it - Just stressing me a bit. But yeah do obviously intend to discuss concerns with both my dentist and doctor...

And i'm not trying to scam narcotics, i'm working full time and had my fun recreationally in the past. If i wanted to fuk with my liver i know there are alterantive methods for obtaining pain relief, i just wanted a heads up on what was a realistic legitamite treatment to enable me to work if i am in pain, some people say it's unbearable others barely notice.. :\

I've just had my liver tested so i'm hoping that is no longer an issue - I was advised not to drink alcohol, but rarely did before anyway because of the cross interactions with benzos, but still do occationally indulge in some special k (this is not good for kidneys at all).

I'm not familiar with APAP?

I had my bottom wisdoms taken out like 4 years ago ...

they were growing on 90 degree angle right into my back teeth ...

cost me $1500 in private hospital .. got $700 back ... pvt insurance is great ...

Had to go hospital and put under , they had to drill into my jawbone to get them out.

You might be lucky and job can be done by a normal dentist and you wont be fully put under which means you be able to work but if like mine you will need atleast 2 days to recover to be able to work.

Shit!!!!!
thats not good news, mine are the same way:(

Hey I got 4 wisdom teeth out last Wednesday. They gave me a 20 pack of panadine forte (30mg codeine/500mg APAP). I have gone though 16 of them in 3 days and I am totally constipated...

How long will it be before I take a poop??? :\

Hey I got 4 wisdom teeth out last Wednesday. They gave me a 20 pack of panadine forte (30mg codeine/500mg APAP). I have gone though 16 of them in 3 days and I am totally constipated...

How long will it be before I take a poop??? :\

LOL.. Same thing happened to me when I had my four teeth out all at the same time and had a whole bunch of Panadine Forte over a few days... I even tried drinking laxative and didn't work at all.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.. and if you're not eating solids then remember that as well - i.e. if you're not eating, you won't be pooping..