Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

No Serotonin Release from MDMA??

ds333

Greenlighter
Hi,

I'm new here, this is my first post (have actually been an active reader of bluelight for a couple of months now, only now decided to sign up).

Now a few nights ago I experienced nothing I've ever experienced from (what I'm pretty damn sure was) MDMA. Now just for a bit of background, I've got quite a low tolerance, only consume maybe once a month, 1 pill's usually enough to keep me going all night. Basically, I consumed a couple of pills (red doves) that I'd seen a few mates take the night before (just had a quiet time chillin to music, chatting etc.) where the only drugs of any kind that i had were a few beers, that's it. Now I could tell from their reactions that they were enjoying the pills a fair bit, luckily i had some chewing gum on me for them to have :)

Anyway, the next day I woke up and was with these people again, they were fairly scattered, probably not helped by the total lack of sleep they had. So that night, I was home by myself and decided to have just a chilled session at home with a bit of MDMA, as I've done before and thoroughly enjoyed. So, I started by consuming one pill.

About 25-30 minutes in I could start to feel it come up, and then I was feeling intoxicated, but, to my surprise, absolutely zero change in mood/euphoria levels. Even as I was "peaking" I felt no euphoria at all, just that usual intoxication, along with huge pupils, jaw clenching, the usual side effects.

So as the intoxication started to wear off, I thought what the hell might as well snort 1/2 a pill to see if that did anything else, but it just brought me back to where I was.

Then I eventually came down, felt just as I did before the 1.5 pills really, went to sleep, next day had absolutely no scattered feelings at all (as if nothing happened, no change in serotonin levels at all).

Any other users experienced this? I've decided I'm gonna take a break from pills anyway. For anyone who hasn't experienced this, you'd be surprised how unpleasant being off tap is without the euphoric feelings. I'm pretty sure the pills aren't crap judging by the experiences of much more tolerant users than me, and I'm not really looking for information about them either, more the phenomenon.

Thanks in advance.

Ok MDMA dumps all if not most of your serotonine and some dopamine into your nervous system or where ever it goes. Now your brain isnt designed for serotonine to suddenly vanish like that so it takes awhile for the levels to replenish (probably weeks not days). Hence why you cant roll hard 24/7 assuming you have clean pills/MDMA.

So yea you use all your serotonine the night before. Next day you try more MDMA but you have no serotonine in your brain and if you do its only very little. So yea what ever you have gets dumped again with probably some more dopamine. So yea you get abit of a buzz but dont expect any europhia or any peak. Pretty much you cant roll for more then 5-6 hours and IMO you cant roll hard for more then 2-3 hours before it starts to greatly taper off.

IMO its a waste redosing after 2 hours. If I was to redose I normally do it as im coming up or as I start to peak. It wont give you a stronger peak, or peak again but it should help you proglong your peak alittle longer while it tapers off.

Only time ive rolled hard for like maybe 10 hours is from dirty as pills. I remeber on my bday I had a strong mdma pill, hard a good peak for around 2 hours then slowly tapered off but felt good for another 3-4 hours. (3rd time popping). Bought another pill off a random in a club and popped it. I peaked hard and rolled hard for another 4-5 hours. I was also up for 3 days straight unable to sleep. Thats what I like to call a meth bomb lol.

Sorry im shit at explaining stuff but im pretty sure its pretty accurate info just probably not worded the best.

Yeah I get what you mean mate - I specifically said that (probably not clearly enough) that I only had a few beers the night before, its my mates that were rolling (actually i hadn't rolled for weeks before, probably over a month now that i think of it).

sorry mate mis read ya post. I find you can mentally cock block pills pretty easy. Esepcially if you were by your self as youd be thinking about it. Maybe they wernt pure its really hard to know, maybe your friends havnt really experienced proper pills its hard to say so they hink they are rolling good. One thing I find mood, environment and who you are with can greatly make a roll good or bad. Ive never rolled by myself but IMO I dont think I would enjoy it that much compared to if I was in my favourite club listening to my fav music, in an environment that I love and comfortable in with my good close friends.

I find pills a very tricky drug. Your mind is a very powerful tool and its amazing how many small variables can effect your roll. Hoenstly the best way to to roll good as I started above, make sure youre in a good environment and shit and go in expecting nothing and hoping for the best. keep your self distracted and try not to think about it and assuming you have good gear/havnt abused the drug/havnt loss the magic, you will soon be in heaven.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips mate, much appreciated! I'll keep that in mind when i next roll eventually.

I dunno what area you are in but the red doves I've had in Adelaide I've found to be quite methy. With some mdxx.

Yeah I'm in Adelaide, that would explain the lack of sleep my mates got, and probably why I didn't feel much (I tend to be pretty tolerant of most stimulants).

no matter how good the pills your taking or mdxx crystal ..

you get immune so even though you take more your not going to get same effect ..

please do what I do and take a break and only pop on special occasions ...

otherwise you will cook your receptors and you will lose the magic of mdma .. and will take months break for you to recover ...

But it could also e the pills you are getting are shit ...

Last edited:
IMHO, losing the magic has more to do with your mind. body & soul becoming au fait with the whole MDMA experience!

You know when you have reached that point when you hear yourself saying "the quality of the pills today just aren't as good as they used to be!" ;)

I used to be a heavy user (aka pill pig) many years ago but stopped when i started to question the benefit of a 2-3hr "up" over the impending 2-3day "down" that always followed!

I did give MDMA another shot last year after a 5yr break - there was no magic to be found, just the confirmation that I made the correct decision!

It's good to know that the recent UK studies indicate that long term MDMA damage to the brain function is far less than previously reported!

ds333 - as previously mentioned, never underestimate 'Set & Setting' in the MDMA experience! I can remember having wildly different experiences off the same pill depending on my mood at the time, air temperature, company, location etc

Last edited:
^ Yep, set and setting can be very important. I find not so much with MDMA as with the psychedelics, but definitely not something to discount.

yeah very true Mr B! and to add to that psychedelics are a little less forgiving in those situations when the "set and setting" isn't quite right! its then time to buckle down as you're in for a hell ride! where as if it was MDMA you just be disappointed!

just in case others ever wondered - a long haul international flight doesn't promote an ideal "set & setting" for a high dose of LSD ;)

I can't reasonably discern why there is so much variation in my MDMA experiences. It has a mind of its own. Set and setting I think are secondary to diet and health though.

i would take a not so wild stab and say your variation in MDMA experiences would be closely and directly related to the variation of active ingredients that each pill contains!

rating the output against the same criteria can only accurately be performed when the input is constant

i would take a not so wild stab and say your variation in MDMA experiences would be closely and directly related to the variation of active ingredients that each pill contains!

rating the output against the same criteria can only accurately be performed when the input is constant

Even repeatedly on the same pills the variation can and has been large for me. I'm always left scratching my head.

ds333 - as previously mentioned, never underestimate 'Set & Setting' in the MDMA experience! I can remember having wildly different experiences off the same pill depending on my mood at the time, air temperature, company, location etc

True, I remember early last year i got some red clovers and dropped one at a bbq gathering one week with family and friends, no big tunes or anything just a social thing really and didnt really feel anything. Went home and slept through it and felt fine the next day...thought i'd got duds. Dropped the other one at a nightclub a week later and i was beaming off my tits 45 min later, charging hard as. Funny how they work....

I also refuse to mung them down the next day or during the week after dropping, all my friends do it all the time - have a bunch on saturday night then keep doing them sunday morning. I try to explain that there's only so much seratonin that can be pumped in but they dont seem to get it.

When i do get on gear now i really try to make sure im buying decent stuff, drop as late as possible so that im not coming down too early, double if i'm going to have more than one and forget about more once i get home...feel much better not redosing but packing some cones and eating a meat pie or something.

Thanks for the words of advice guys, guess I'll won't take any till the next time i go to an awesome house party.

Oh, and Pie, that talk of the the weed + meat pie makes me want both of them right now!

yeah very true Mr B! and to add to that psychedelics are a little less forgiving in those situations when the "set and setting" isn't quite right! its then time to buckle down as you're in for a hell ride! where as if it was MDMA you just be disappointed!

just in case others ever wondered - a long haul international flight doesn't promote an ideal "set & setting" for a high dose of LSD ;)

oh shit dude. your game

Set, Setting and Drug... (as said...)

MDMA is MDMA... simple as that... however you arn't just taking MDMA...

"Pills" are not pharms... they arn't perfectly made, perfectly measured... etc, you don't even know if the initial mix has been tampered before / after X pill...

You may become reliant on the effects, learn what to expect (as most everyone does), and the minor effects begin to fade... only expecting as much as your last "highest point"...

my suggestion is praise the highs, and learn from the low's :p.

I find I have a much better time on pills when I'm with my friends, in a good mood ready to have some fun. Set and setting isn't major, but it definitely affects the roll IMO.

Really good thread. This has probably made me re-evaluate my own drug usage.

I dropped my first pill at the end of May 2008 and took 1 or two every few weeks after. Then around September I started doing it every single weekend. I've had only about 3 weekends since then without pills and even then I was having some speed or even acid one weekend. I've only had 1 actual weekend without any kind of drugs since September.

So as someone who has only recently started using drugs, presumably the quality of the pills I'm getting haven't changed too much (in comparison to people who have been dropping for years) I would say that the amount of pills I consume is affecting the feelings I now get when I get munted. I didn't know too much about how long it takes for Serotonin to be replaced but I can see that because I do it so much, my feelings of euphoria are greatly limited. Fact is, I have a purely mental thing in my head now that having a pill at a club is as normal as having a cold beer.

As for the setting in which you take pills, I feel like I know a fair bit about that. The first time I was handed a pill I was told "Don't overthink it" Luckily by that time I had a lot to drink so thinking about it wasn't too much of an issue, although I was still shitting myself haha. To this day I always take pills after having quite a few beers to loosen me up. Straight away you are relaxed and dropping a pill just makes the night better.

I have had situations where I've taken pills on my own. The first time I was at home and dropped a pill without any alcohol about 3 months after I started using. I spent the whole time watching TV thinking "fuck, how long now, how long now" and kept going to the mirror to check my pupils. Nothing happened at all. Big disappointment.

The second time I did it, I had just gone to a football match and spent most of the day drinking. None of my mates wanted to go out to a club so I just headed back with another friend to his house and we dropped. It was one of the best nights I've had on pills. I was so comfortable in my trackies, listening to music and laying on the couch, getting up to dance when I wanted.

So yeah, as said before there are sooooo many variables that go into a good and bad experience on drugs. I think I might have some time off soon. Try and rebuild that serotonin!