***Global Bluelight Party***

miss apple

Bluelighter
Hi All,
There has been a lot of discussion on the meetups board about the possibility of a global bluelight party.
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000016.html
Thought I'd post the idea here to gain reactions/thoughts from everyone. I don't think i need to post the benefits to you, I'm sure you all know and I'm too lazy to type them (check the post if you need to be told
smile.gif
)
Some points which need to be considered would be the type of party (rave/gathering/conference etc), the place, and the time of year.
Here's a summary of suggestions and comments so far to get you all thinking:
* Florida, New York, Amsterdam and Australia have all been mentioned as possible places
* There are a lot of US people here (particularly on the east coast) so this seems like a good place to hold it
* Florida may be a problem due to recent raids on raves and clubs. NYC may also be a problem for the same reason. Hence the idea of the promotion of a conference rather than a rave
* Australia would be perfect weather and law wise however it's a long and expensive trip here for most people (pity).
* Amsterdam is great law wise but language may be a barrier. I also doubt skydancer would want the responsibility of this in his country.
* All this said about place though, Florida seems the most likely...warm weather, big bluelight representation there, east coast, fairly central (well, as central as we can get
smile.gif
)
* A 'circuit' type thing has been a suggestion, with a party in each country, however this kind of defeats the purpose of a big meetup
* Northern Hemisphere summer 2000 (late...perhaps August or September) would be a good time...enough time for people to save for the trip and enough time to organise.
* We need to be careful about organising this on the web. Narcs and the DEA would have an absolute field day if we're too open about the date and venue. For this reason, we need to finalise details via email and phone.
* This is too big for one or two people. A representative in each country (or state for the US) would need to be the co-ordinator for that area to pass on details to all those interested (and were sure weren't narcs).
So what's everyone's thoughts? Any ideas/suggestions/offers of free flight from relatives in the travel industry
wink.gif
are very welcome.
Lets get the ball rolling!
miss apple

I'm all down for it. But i just think that one representative for each country or region would be too much for one person to handle. Instead why not make teams per region. This way you have a bunch of people that can work on different things at the same time.
And as far as communications go. Beauty of cell phones and web phones. But that can be worked out later on.
Hmmm location, location, location. How about places like PA, VA, NC, SC, GA? These are all in the east coast. I don't know just a thought. But then again i don't know much about the laws of these places.
Well i'm in NY. So if you people will start making teams just count me in.
PLUR
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

I am in , we have to start a head count per region that should determine the place for the event.
Count me in!
p.l.u.r

DarkStar has a good point there. I also think that if we are planning in having it somwhere in the east coast then one of the factors should be determined by which region would have the more people.
PLUR
------------------
Buzzin
DrgnFly
""""""""""qp"""""""""""
*****BEAN me up Scotty*****

Would you guys like me to put a form up, just to get location info from those interested in this? We could then easily find out where the best central location is for the most people and go from there. Let the computer count it so no human has to do the tally.
Anything else, other than maybe your handle, that we'd want to know?
abygale

Hey there. I'd be willing to help out in any way I can. I live in Jersey, about 20 minutes outside of NYC. Uhmm...couple things about the location...first of all, my parents went to Amsterdam a couple of months ago and they said they didn't have any problems communicating with anybody, because pretty much everyone speaks English out there. Uhmmm...one possible location (although I'd have to clear it with my friend) is a place my boy and I were thinking about using next summer for a party. His parents just got a house on the Jersey shore and we were going to throw a beach party there. The only problem would be that if people are really going to fly in from around the world to this, it should probably be an indoor venue so weather wouldn't be a factor. Uhmm...aside from that, anything I can do to help out somebody just let me know. I can also DJ and provide the tables and mixer. Lata.
-Tim

I'd say we keep it in south florida...miami preferably since the cops down here tend to be a bit laid back on the weekends
smile.gif
And there's some big warehouses we could use too
smile.gif

I was just thinking, it's not exactly east coast, but Atlanta has the following advantages:
1. Large international airport
2. Rather large "party scene", so probably not too many permit/police hassels.
3. There are many Bluelighters already in Atlanta, FL, and TN w/ interstate access from other major cities.
4. Many potential venues.
5. I'm poor, but could afford to drive 4 hours to Atlanta
smile.gif

But seriously, they have a good scene in Atlanta, and at least thus far there have been few hassels from the cops, except last weekend when 4 people g'd out and went to the hospital.
Another party friendy city w/ decent airport is Toronto. Just a couple of thoughts.
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

Anyone ever hear of winter music fest?
it's a big rave on south beach, florida they have every year
so i'm sure we could get a bluelight thing going on over there...that would be da bomb on da beach! what you guys think?

As far as figuring out where everyone is, that's easy, just print up the "Roll Call" thread. With 220+ entries I'm sure that would be a good place to start.
Oh yea, and count me in!
Wyrm
------------------
"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda :)

because I'm the paranoid sort...
one thing I think we should make perfectly clear every step of the way about this global party is that it is a MEETUP, NOT a place to buy or sell drugs. we all know that any one of us could be a NARC, so we will of course not want there to be any reason why any of us would end up getting busted, right?
although I'd love to believe everyone who is enthusiastically supportive of this idea is just a happy-go-lucky Bluelighter, the truth is, a Bluelight meetup organized in this forum is a wide-open target for the DEA to put two and two together and figure they're going to haul off a bunch of us w/ beans or other goodies in our pockets.
my proposal is this: from planning to party time, agree that we do whatever it is that we're going to do, substance-wise, BEFORE we set foot inside the venue. this way, even if we get searched, no one gets caught w/ beans, and no one goes to jail. technically, we are not "in possession" of whatever is in our systems, so there is no course for legal action.
also, I like the idea about getting a form set up to track everyone's location. sure someone could go through the roll call post, but that's a lot of work... wherever we've got the highest concentration of interested peeps would be a good start to scout out possible venues.
on the other hand, meeting up at an already established event sounds like a really good idea, too. less work involved, and less chance for us to be singled-out.
just some thoughts rattling around in my head...
vertigo
checking in from sunny Pennsylvania

I am down for it. Let me know what's going on and I'll be there as long as there is E and some rollin going on dude. There should be a huge party for everyone on the East coast who likes E, like another Woodstock!
Who's down for that?
------------------
Triple 7

Hey guys looks like everyone is getting psyched about this. That's totally cool. I still like the idea of amsterdam. I just don't like the fact that DEA and NARCS could be staking this site out, and not to mention topographical (?) authority conflicts. There is no way the cops or any other fuckin a-hole can fuck w/ us in another country, especially amsterdam. But there is no problem w/ me where we have it. I just don't want to jeoprodize anybodys livelyhood(i.e. get thrown in jail for a couple weeks, and lose your job). That would really suck! I think I know how most of the cops operate in the US, they just want to a.) make a bust so they can get that promo to detective. b.) make a bust to fuck w/ some kids. c.) just be assholes about everything. That is just my opinion and it is not meant to offend anyone who has a parent that is a cop nor is it meant to say ALL cops are like this. I am just saying paranoia plays a big role in my life when dealing w/ illegal dealings. But wherever this thing goes down it'll be awesome! I will be getting group fare prices next week for amsterdam, so we can really look at that option. Again amsterdam is a hell of a lot more liberal than anywhere USA.
Not to mention for us guys the girlz there rock! And oh yeah the bestest herb and hash in the world is there and its LEGAL! Lets get all the facts about the whole thing out there b4 we make a decision on the location.
Have a good week everybody.
PLUR!
stepper69

MIAMI would be a perfect place. The cops know whats going on also. I hope you guys know what yer getting into also, cuz it takes some serious work to compile a party. Especially a worldwide one. KEEP IT HUSH HUSH THOUGH. Should probably communicate through email or some other way. I wanna make this work !!!!
------------------
"Create Your Own Ecstasy"

Hey, miss apple,
we have had bluelight parties before-3 i think.
the best one was is atlanta...it was biggest, best, best music and crowd and everything else. i wasn't there but i heard all about it from many people...some good friends of mine went.
i think tehre was a second in atlanta which wasn't as good...it was much smalller and the bluelight family had some family problems.
there was one in NY which was a bad choice of place-we tried to accomadate NY clubbers instead of just partying at a rave. i got kicked out for drugs. it wasn't a bad meet up but the place sucked so badly (sound factory).
and there was a sort of fourth one in NY but it never really worked out. nobody got togtehr and so many people canceled...the rave was too big. i had a great time because i was with bleulighters i love and only saw at these gatherings.
anyway-my suggestions for a fifth bluelight party (with an all new crowd besides for me, randy, noodle, e-rep-is tehre any one else left? not inlcuding the few out of USers) is NOT NY. how about near washington DC? Atlanta is good. maybe some where out in PA. we should defeinately NOT choose a place taht is notorious for overcrowded raves or/and busted raves. taht means NY and florida are OUT.
another thing: the first atalanta one was so good because you had someone arrange and plan the whole thing form the home town. we need someone like that to volenteer for their town.
if i hear of anything in the NY SURROUNDING area, i will do it. but i am out of taht scene so i am not a good person.

Just a thought, someone earlier post mentioned making it a conference instead of a party, why not do both. Maybe we could convince some scientist to come and speak about their e research(I would love the opportunity to cross examine George Ricaurte). More realistically would maybe be information provided by harm reduction. I imagine Emanual would fly if we paid his expenses. If not, he would be more than willing to provide materials to hold information workshops. It would be like a drug eduacation confrence by day/ party by night. Actually, Bluelight could put on the workshops and advertize it to all ravers, and then kick them out at night to have our private party.(I'm sure some promoter would be willing to throw a party for the other kids. Anyway, I'm typing as I'm thinking so I'll stop now (my mind never does).
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

Now this is a great idea!
I am in Detroit, MI and am willing to serve as a MI/Midwest US representative and coordinator.
I also agree that with the likelihood of busts where it goes down...we should make an agreement to partake of whatever fruit we're going to...BEFORE arriving at the premises.
I would vote for a convention/informal gathering than a rave only because I like those environments better. This doesn't mean we still can't rave together.
smile.gif

Finally...I'll gladly spin for free at this party. If you like Hard Trance or Goa/Psychadelic Trance...I'm here for ya.
smile.gif

Love,
Jim

Okay this is my .02. I think that with all the crap that is going on with raves and E in NA the best place and most logical would in fact be Amsterdam. As far as getting there fights to London from most major cities are fairly reasonable (less than 500). If there are peeps from the States that find its alot more than that well look into seat sales to Toronto then grab ticket to London from here. Paying Canadian funds for your ticket would make it all that much more accessable. There are usually flights to London for about $399 CA.
Also it seems as though most Bluelighters enjoy herb so why not party somewhere where it is legal....one less thing to have to worry about.
My final but very important point is that since its Skydancers home we must have utmost respect! After it is over we all leave but he has to live there. One that note I feel that both Jase and Skydancer should do NOTHING for this meetup other than show their smiling faces
smile.gif
Perhaps if it is in Amsterdam he could give a few pieces of info that we may not otherwise be able to find out but it is because of them that we have even been brought together!
smile.gif

I for one am a very happy cat for that happening. pppuuurrr. And I know that all of you agree with that. I definatley agree that this is not about all of us doing drugs.....this meetup is a celebration of the friends and relationships that have been born and blossomed due to this board.
I will help in anyway I can organizing the Canucks
smile.gif

Hey guys, heres a couple of ideas:
1) Instead of going into the full production aspect of it, why not treat it as a pre-party type thing? Find a great show coming up, (still next year, mind you) and everyone plan on it, but have a pre-party meetup somewhere, let the musically talented of us spin a few sets, and then set off to a party WE KNOW wont get busted...
2) How about a Moontribe party? Those are supposed to be great, though I havent had the luck to experience one yet...
3)A mexico party maybe? Lots and lots and lots of beautiful warm weather, coasts, and cops arent too much to worry about if you arent on the border of Cali or Texas....
Just some thoughts....
-Xander

I think this is a wonderful idea. Don't do it in Mexico though, my parents live in the city and it is extremely dangerous. You can't even trust the cops. Anyways, I live in Pittsburgh and I could do some research and find a place to hold the party. I would love to go to Amsterdam if I could find the money. I would be more than happy to help out any way I can, just let me know.
smile.gif
PLUR