Oxandrolone only cycle

LawnChairSkank

Bluelighter
I am currently 21, 5'8, 180#, approx 12%bf. I am planning on running an oxandrolone only cycle for my first time trying aas. I'm hoping to stay around the same weight but lower my bodyfat to around 8% and gain strength. I will also be taking creatine monohydrate, scivation extend, bsn cellmass, liv 52, milk thistle, whey protein, casein protein, animal pak, and zma. I have tamoxifen citrate on hand for pct.

My dosing regime looks like:
w1 10 10 20 20 30 30 30
w2 40 40 40 40 40 40 40
w3 50 50 50 50 50 50 50 Might change it up depending on how I feel.
w4 50 50 50 50 50 50 50
w5 50 50 50 50 50 50 50
w6 50 50 50 50 50 50 50
PCT:
w7 tamoxifen 30mg ed
w8 tamoxifen 20mg ed
w9 tamoxifen 20mg ed

My workout routine currently look like:
day1: chest and shoulders
day2: legs
day3: break
day4: back
day5: arms
day6: break
repeat

Should I throw in some cardio on my break days to help loose body fat? How does this look for a first cycle? Don't bother saying add test, or wait a couple more years, as I already have the var on hand and I am going to run the cycle regardless of what other people tell me, I just want it to go as smoothly as possible. I will be starting the cycle march 1st. Anyone see any loopholes in this?

Cardio is one of the best things you can do to lose body fat, don't go crazy though since your muscles need a break. I like throwing in like 30 minutes of cardio just to get me warmed up and then go lift, I find it easier since it gets the adrenaline pumping, but then again I don't and have never used steroids. So I can't give any advice about steroids and shit, but I can about working out.

Got a jump rope for xmas, so I'm good with that. You think I should reverse that dosing regime? Start at 50? Then work down the last week? You think that should be enough nolva for pct? How bad did the var suppress your hpta when you took it? Thanks

I'm planning on running it for 6 weeks. I got 5 grams, so I'm planning on getting at least 2 cycles out of this. I read that results start to diminish after the six week mark, and there's really no point on running it longer. I could always run it longer if I feel like it, but if I blow through more than 2.5 g's, the next cycle would be shitty. How many mg's per day did you do? What kind of results did you get? Thanks

50mgs/day is a decent dose of var. 4 weeks should be good if price is a problem. Cardio is ESSENTIAL if you want to lose bf. Ramping up is silly. Pick a dose and stay with it for the length of the cycle.

run the var at 50mg a day for the 6weeks you could go 8 weeks but anything after that is a overkill imo.

anavar alone is not liver toxic so i would save those milk thistle for after the cycle ( it may effect the gains or the metabolism of the var)

and you should not be fatigued by working out when your on var so it would be a good idea to do some kind of cardio when your not lifting. since i see your goals are to lower bf%

have a good diet set and be prepared to gain atleast 5 pounds of muscle or even more with lower bf% ^_^

run the var at 50mg a day for the 6weeks you could go 8 weeks but anything after that is a overkill imo.

anavar alone is not liver toxic so i would save those milk thistle for after the cycle ( it may effect the gains or the metabolism of the var)

and you should not be fatigued by working out when your on var so it would be a good idea to do some kind of cardio when your not lifting. since i see your goals are to lower bf%

have a good diet set and be prepared to gain atleast 5 pounds of muscle or even more with lower bf% ^_^

I've read conflicting reports as to the toxicity of var. Why would the milk thistle effect gains or metabolism of the var? I thought it was a general rule of thumb to take milk thistle along with any 17 methylated roid? Have you ran a var only cycle? If so how did it work out for you? Thanks

yes i have run a anavar only cycle and i got great results from it. i gained a solid 7 lbs from it and dropped from 11%bf to 9 % and the only oral steroids i would really run milk thistle with would be a very toxic steroid such as winstrol oral or dbol or dianabol .. anavar is not liver toxic as the ones i just stated if anything anavar is one of the safest aas to run. nolvadex is also not needed but it will help you recover faster. you will notice a small drop after the cycle but its nothing compared to other aas . good luck remember the best thing to do in your cycle is to eat and have a good diet and sleeep well and work out hard.

i plan on running a cycle in a few months i am trying to drop as much bf% as possible b4 the summer so after the summer i can run primobolin at 600mg a week for 10 weeks and anavar at 50mg a day for the last 8 weeks. i am not trying to get huge but hope to gain 10+ lbs of lean muscle. i am excited to run the primo.

currently at 5'11 190lbs at 14%bf~ i do not plan on running my cycle until i am at least at 10% bf. same weight or close

edit: i ran my first cycle of anavar at 40mg for 8 weeks. i would have run more but i had a limited supply. originally was gonna just run it at 6 weeks but i came up on another bottle during the cycle. i also ran nolvadex at 20mg for 2 weeks after the cycle.

Last edited:
and the only reason i said not to run the var with milk thistle is because i have read in many cycle logs on another forum that it can hinder gains. sorry i dont have anything to confirm that right now but when i can find it i will post a link to it. i believe it has something to do with the milk thistle metaboliting while the anavar is metabolting. i still would wait and take the milk thistle after the cycle during pct and after .

I found this:

"Milk Thistle: Good for Livers, Potentially Bad for Gains

Title: Silymarin inhibits function of the androgen receptor by reducing nuclearlocalization of the receptor in the human prostate cancer cell line LNCaP.Authors: Zhu W, Zhang JS, Young CY.Source: Carcinogenesis 2001 Sep;22(9):1399-403
Research Summary
Agents with novel mechanisms of blocking androgen receptor (AR) function may be useful for prostate cancer prevention and therapy. Previous studies showed that silibinin (SB), the major active component of Milk Thistle, could inhibit cell proliferation of a human prostate cancer cell line by stopping the cell cycle without causing cell death. This study further demonstrates the potential molecular mechanism by which Milk Thistle acts on androgen-responsive prostate cancer cells by inhibiting function of the AR. We observed that Silymarin (SM) and SB inhibited androgen-stimulated cell proliferation as well as androgen-stimulated secretion of both prostate-specific antigen (PSA) and human glandular kallikrein (hK2).Additionally, for the first time, we show that SM and SB diminished transactivation activity of the AR. However, SM did not affect AR levels and steroid-binding ability of total AR in western blotting and ligand-binding assays. Intriguingly, we found that nuclear AR levels are significantly reduced by SM and SB in the presence of androgens. This study provides a new insight into how Milk Thistle negatively modulates androgen action in prostate cancer cells.

Discussion

Milk Thistle is a popular bodybuilding supplement and is currently the most well researched plant for the treatment of liver disease (with over 450 published peer review papers). Silymarin, a flavonoid extract from Milk Thistle, has been used clinically for alcoholic liver disease treatment in Europe and Asia for almost 2,000 years. Currently it?s used by bodybuilders as a protective measure for the liver when using high doses of orals.Silymarin is not water soluble and is typically administered as an encapsulated standardized extract. The absorption with oral administration is rather low, with only two to three percent being effectively taken up. The peak plasma levels after an oral dose are achieved in four to six hours. The reason this study is significant is because of the described mechanism that Milk Thistle is working in the prostate. It is showing effectiveness in treating prostate cancer because it prevents the androgen receptor from making it to the nucleus of the cell. This may be good if you are fighting cancer of the prostate, but it is bad if you are trying to get a muscle cell to grow larger.In order for testosterone to work, it must pass from the blood to the inside of a muscle cell, bind to the androgen receptor inside the cell, then travel inside the nucleus where it binds to your DNA.These researchers were able to show that Milk Thistle did not reduce the number of androgen receptors, nor did it prevent androgens (i.e., testosterone) from binding to the receptors. All it seemed to do was prevent the androgen receptor from traveling to the nucleus, and in our case, this prevents the desired effect. The androgen receptor, once bound to the androgen, must make it to the nucleus in order to increase protein synthesis.Bottom line: Use Milk Thistle if you are sure you are having liver toxicity problems. Then, only use it for a few weeks at a time. There are other herbs with tremendous hepatoprotective effects, so you might give them a try instead." Taken from http://forum.bodybuilding.com/archive/index.php?t-112030151.html

Maybe I'll wait till after the cycle to take milk thistle. But what about liv-52? Would that have the same effect as milk thistle? I don't think it contains silymarin.

bodybuilding is a good forum for steroid discussion. sorry i dont really know anything about silymarin so i cannot say anything about it but it should be fine. the only reason i knew about the milk thistle was the same reason you did because i though it would be a good idea to run it during the cycle.

good luck with ur cycle