Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Propylhexadrine/250 mgs) OTC and real: $6 wouldn't last this long at an arcade

takenbyRX

Greenlighter
EDIT: title should read "... $6 WOULDN'T last this long...."

I think I will total out all the medicine first:
250mg propylhexadrine (eaten cotton rod-described later)
1 mg of xanax
1 bowl of mary-jane
500mg ibuprofen
1 chewable peptobismal

Report:

+0:00 - removed cotton rod from "Benzedrex" inhaler. Chopped into about 15 pieces. Wrapped pieces with tissue so as to avoid getting lavender oil/menthol on tounge (could use an empty gel cap). Swallowed with plenty of water and bread so as to avoid upset stomach. Heart rate (baseline): 70bpm

+0:15 - definite tingles similar to onset of adderall

+0:20 - going to take a shower because haven't done that yet today. Once in shower I clean myself extra well. Shampoo 3 times for no reason. Soap 3 times. I have mild OCD when sober but when using any stimulant it really brings it out. This is a sign that it is working

+0:40 - get out of shower cleanest ever! dry off in 2 seconds flat. Rush to take heart rate. Now 90 bpm. Noticeable focus.

+0:45 - major head rush. start making phone calls and talk excessivly. folding clothes while talking. stimulants like adderall don't actually focus me they just seem to make me multi-task. i am writting this while singing along with some LP's, making phone calls, and hanging clothes. I don't think I have ever typed this fast. Mental note: take heart rate at 1 hour.

+0:48 - going so fast I can not stay on any one task. More multi-taking than I can keep track of. Seems like i can't keep myself from documenting this. I am going really fast now. I might have to smoke some cannabis or take a small amount xanax to curb this. Defiantly the speediest I've ever been, but not jittery. Great feeling. Looking for company. I would try to chat online if my connection were better. Just make another phone call. I think I've typed this whole paragraph in about 3 seconds. WOW!!

+0:49 Heart rate : BPM 96. Feels faster though

+1:15 Took a while to write again, because friend came over. He thinks i am speeding. I can tell. Because I told him. Folded rest of clothes. Little more calm on inside. No jitters whatsoever. Nice synergy. Great tingles. Took a small hit of cannabis. My be psychosomatic, but this seems to intensify how much i enjoy my tingles.

+1:30 heart rate 72 bpm. strange let me take again. whoa: 70 bpm. well that might not be such a great indicator. i guess i should be happy that my heart rate is normal. definitly less multi-task more want to sit back and enjoy. slightly sweaty palms. maybe typing too fast. hahaha.

+ 1:50 - seems to plateau. no noticeable changes since last writing. i like a drug that doesn't change too much over the coarse of it.

+3:10 - more focused than earlier. Haven't written in a while because went to a classical concert for an hour. Enjoyed the beats in the music more than usual. Chewing the hell out of my gum. Really nice touch sensations as well.

+4:45 - wow. spent tons of time surfing internet. pretty easy to get lost. some unexplained excitedness/anxiety that is a little jittery has caught up to me and i feel a little weak. but that might just be hunger, haven't eaten in a while. in fact, going to eat now since it seems like i am getting a headache (probably from the blood sugar crash)

+6:00 - still speeding, but i completely forgot to eat. minor upset stomach. now i will eat!

+7:00 - definitly still the effects are going, but now i feel like i am crashing. wishing I had more benzo's. I'll take what I got. 1mg alprazolam (xanax).

+7:30 - xanax is working a little, but my stomach is getting worse. I feel extremely bloated. still speedy too. I am about to smoke some cannabis and try to end this speed trip. it's gone on for too long and i can't get my mind off my stomach ache. also have a headache from chewing gum too much.

+8:00 - more sleepy. took some advil for the headache, and pepto bismal for the stomach. this just seems like too much medicine today.

Summary:

I am feeling much better probably due to time and all the cures I've put in. I've looked and I think there are no interactions between all these, but someone else should double check that. I am also healthy, fit, with low blood pressure and a naturally low heart beat. So I can take stimulants well without too many bad side effects.

All in all, this is a really incredible OTC. It is without a doubt more speedy than 30mg of adderall (my only reference point). And it lasts so long. I still don't feel quite baseline.

I will probably do it again soon, but it was a pretty bad stomach-ache at the end. So not for a while, it also doesn't mentally seem too attractive anymore. So I'm not rushing to do it again. Be prepared for the comedown. Also, I should add that there is no reason to try to do anything but eat the cotton. It is the best and most effective way. You all the drug. It doesn't take any preparation other than cutting it. If you cut it into 15 or more pieces and parachute, then you should avoid most of the unpleasent 'lavender' burps that people get from this. The trick is not to let lavender oil touch your tounge. Otherwise, the taste will forever haunt you. So cut it into pieces, wrap in tissue, swallow with lots of liquid. I WOULD NEVER DO ANY OTHER METHOD!

WARNING: NEXT SECTION ON SEXUAL SIDE EFFECTS AND HEART

One thing I can notice is because of extreme vasoconstriction it is difficult to gain an erection. This is not usually a problem for me. I've heard accounts of this happening with adderall or cocaine, but I haven't had this happen with adderall or cocaine. After doing about 750 mg of coke in one night I could still maintain an erection, but not after the propylhexadrine. So this must be a major vasoconstrictor. I suspect that this is why one should never, ever, ever IV this drug. Also, shouldn't do this drug if you are not very heart healthy.

edit next day: I was not able to get a full erection until about 20 hours after the come-on of the drug. wow. this is extremely unusual for me and has never happened before and is obviously the drug. could not reach orgasm. i might see if that will happen later. wierd.

substancecode_propylhexedrine

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I just joined the site and posted the only experience that i've documented. I've tried the same method mentioned above with similar results. The second time, however, the lavender burps were pretty nauseating. Now, the smell is so putrid to me that I have two inhalers that are probably never going to be opened (unless I'm really congested or someone else wants to try them).

I've recently run out of my adderall prescription and while desperate to progress in my thesis also attempted this, with marvelous results I might add. First time: Used the lemon juice method. Soaked the cotton for around 18 hours. Then downed the concoction on an empty stomach. This produced an extremely intense come up with about two hours in duration. Followed by a kind of rough crash just felt gross no disphoria per se. The second time I first soaked the cut up cotton in lemon juice for two hours. Drank it then swallowed the cotton. On a full stomach this time. Also worked but with less intensity and and much longer duration. Five hours or so.

As a cognitive enhancer I'd give it a 9. Wonderfully euphoric, completely diminished a case of writers block that had been plaguing me for weeks. The tingles are nice also.

That said does anyone else notice music sounds fucking phenomenal while on it ? I randomly find myself belting out whatever i'm listening to....this is not the norm.

Pretty cool for when in a pinch.

Last edited:
Haha, I think I'm the ONLY person in the history of Benzedrex abuse to not mind (and even kinda enjoy) the smell/taste. It's refreshing :)

I really don't have a problem with the taste of many things, as I have learned to bypass my taste buds, or at least not allow them to relay the taste signal to my brain, whenever taking in something vile. Just don't breathe in or out, swallow fast, and try not to let it touch the roof of your mouth. Chase with something strong. The end. :)

I just tried Benzedrex for the first time and really really enjoyed it. In fact, I still am. Please don't eat cotton, folks. 99 times out of 100 you'll have no problems, but that 101th time could land you in the ER with an intestinal obstruction, which can be fatal if not promptly treated. Theoretically losing some of the good stuff in a cotton rod by extracting it is infinitely better than that. This is about more than just preference and opinion, it's a safety measure, and this IS a harm-reduction site, so...

Be safe and live to tweak another day!

Lolz.

i just tried the benzedrex the other day after hearing mostly good things about it , also being an ex tweaker, i quit the meth beacause of some psychosic hallucinations and health problems ... you know the deal . anyways however since i hadnt used any meth for almost 2 years i was kinde of curious on how this benzedrex would compare with meth , i picked up 2 of them at a right aid , not being sure if one would be enough. oh ya these are actually kinde of hard to finde i only know of that one rite aid that carries it . anyways i cut the cotton into 3 pieces and swallowed it as quick as possible , it is very bitter and tastes very much of menthol. i felt the first effects in about 30 minutes , milde stimulation, not much euphoria this increased alot over the next hour at about 2 hours i was flying i felt very euphoric and very speedy very much like meth or adderal it deffinatley felt like i took a couple 20 mg adderals. i ended up taking the other cotton about 4 hours after the first , this might of ben a bad idea i didnt sleep all night and felt really awfull the next day just like a meth crash after being up all night ( no appetite , very irritable my jaw hurt from clenching my teeth and generraly just pissed off and in a bad mood) this is a very potent stimulant easily compareable to meth , i think if i took both of the cottons at once i would of ben blasted through the roof , if i ever do this substance again i will do 2 cottons at once . do not underestimate this stuff just because its legal , it will rock you

After doing about 750 mg of coke in one night I could still maintain an erection, but not after the propylhexadrine. So this must be a major vasoconstrictor. I suspect that this is why one should never, ever, ever IV this drug. Also, shouldn't do this drug if you are not very heart healthy.

edit next day: I was not able to get a full erection until about 20 hours after the come-on of the drug. wow. this is extremely unusual for me and has never happened before and is obviously the drug. could not reach orgasm. i might see if that will happen later. wierd.

substancecode_propylhexedrine
From the Wikipedia entry:
"While propylhexedrine is limited in number of administration routes, attempts to extract the drug from the nasal inhaler and then inject it have been reported. Recreational use by injection is dangerous and could result in serious bodily harm or death. IV use of propylhexedrine is known to cause transient diplopia and brainstem dysfunction, and deaths have been recorded in the medical literature."

i just tried the benzedrex the other day after hearing mostly good things about it , also being an ex tweaker, i quit the meth beacause of some psychosic hallucinations and health problems ... you know the deal . anyways however since i hadnt used any meth for almost 2 years i was kinde of curious on how this benzedrex would compare with meth , i picked up 2 of them at a right aid , not being sure if one would be enough. oh ya these are actually kinde of hard to finde i only know of that one rite aid that carries it . anyways i cut the cotton into 3 pieces and swallowed it as quick as possible , it is very bitter and tastes very much of menthol. i felt the first effects in about 30 minutes , milde stimulation, not much euphoria this increased alot over the next hour at about 2 hours i was flying i felt very euphoric and very speedy very much like meth or adderal it deffinatley felt like i took a couple 20 mg adderals. i ended up taking the other cotton about 4 hours after the first , this might of ben a bad idea i didnt sleep all night and felt really awfull the next day just like a meth crash after being up all night ( no appetite , very irritable my jaw hurt from clenching my teeth and generraly just pissed off and in a bad mood) this is a very potent stimulant easily compareable to meth , i think if i took both of the cottons at once i would of ben blasted through the roof , if i ever do this substance again i will do 2 cottons at once . do not underestimate this stuff just because its legal , it will rock you
I'm pretty sure the only reason this stuff is legal is because of the low abuse-potential. Redosing usually does nothing except make you feel like shit. I double dosed a week after my first time and it did hardly anything, very mild and just felt kinda iffy. Haven't tried it since.

Good report, takenby.

This stuff is quite poorly researched.
The persisting adrenergic action, far outlasting the 'high'...the likely 5ht-effects (check out those pupils! ;))...the visuals people sometimes get from it...intriguing but alarming.

So some guidelines:
1. Don't eat the cotton unless you want intestinal blockage.
2. Don't breach 1/2 a cotton on your first time regardless of tolerance. Don't breach, say, 1.5 cottons ever, lest the adrenergic action gets ugly.
3. Don't redose. There are diminishing returns, and this will only extend adrenergic effects.
4. Don't combine with other stimulants, particularly those with a high cardio load.

ebola

i agree that redosing after the first day or so does pretty much nothing but make your feel awful. ive redosed many times over the past 4 days i became pretty paranoid and really irritable i think i did slightly overdose towards the end, these are dangerouse chemicals when misused . i can honestly say i would never do this substance again i could very well halve done some damage to my heart and who knows what else , but except for the first 2 doses i just basically poisoned my self , i seem to learn the hard way sometimes .

It takes me about 30 minutes, but with heavy sniffing on the inhaler, I can get a pretty good buzz going. It lasts about 30-50 minutes though. Probably metabolized to 4-hydroxypropylhexedrine which is most likely completely inactive.

It feels like a longer lasting version of phenethylamine with more of the tingles.

I used to work all night, and at about 3am when I was barely able to stay awake, heavy sniffing on this thing would really help me out.

They should give this to airline pilots.

I am not sure about larger doses. the one inhaler mixed with a mild acid shaken wrung and drunk worked but...mild, not that great and blood pressure was stoking the rest of the night.

ive never heard of this stuff before, and for the price im amazed.
Please give details on this product, such as packaging names, box size? I pic would be jus stellar, you could shoot it 2 me inbox.
or share it with all of us?
sry its a old thread, but hell its still open.
thanks