• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Courier Mail - 18.01.2009 - Drug sniffer dogs have a Big Day Out at the Gold Coast

Mr Blonde

Bluelighter
By Greg Stolz

January 18, 2009 04:45pm

DRUG sniffer dogs have been unleashed at the Big Day Out on the Gold Coast for the first time, and police have made scores of arrests.
Sniffer dogs have been used by Queensland police since 2006 but had not been deployed before at the huge touring music festival, which hit the Gold Coast Parklands today.

But police upped the ante against drug users after making about 30 arrests at the recent Summerfieldayze festival on the Gold Coast.

Dog handlers made regular sweeps of entry points into the Big Day Out throughout the day and dozens of patrons were arrested, mainly for possession of ecstasy pills and cannabis.

Police also arrested several suspected drug dealers carrying larger quantities of pills.

Undercover police also worked the 50,000-strong crowd, making arrests for drug, alcohol and street offences.

But organisers say the big crowd has been largely well-behaved and relatively mild weather has helped patrons keep their cool.

The Big Day Out continues into the night with headline acts including the Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy and old rocker Neil Young.

I was at BDO Gold Coast as part of the RaveSafe team, and talked to a few people who had seen the dogs and gotten past them or saw people getting pulled up for possession.

The big problem the dogs pose is that when people see them they may drop all their goodies at once in a panic, leading to an OD.

As they said in the article though, it was an overcast, cool day mostly which helped with people in the crowds and it was a good day for the most part. :D

I wonder how many times we'll see a similar article show up in the following weeks.

This will be happening at all BDO events all over Oz ... :(

Time to put ya pills in glad wrap and wrap that up in freshly chewed Hubba bubba gum and put in ya mouth and walk right through .. 1 or 2 pieces its up to you.. depending on how bloody big ya mouth is lol

Just dont chew on it lol ...

Make sure you wash ya hands good and proper before trying to get in ... and dont carry anything in your pockets at anytime as smell will stay and dog will go nuts.Carry the pills wrapped in glad wrap in a old ciggy packet and chuck the packet when you have put pills in gum and in ya mouth.Do not leave pills in your mouth for to long as they will turn to mush from heat in your mouth , it happened to my mate when he left there for 20mins but he didnt wrap in gum.Make sure you wrap them nice and neat so no moisture gets to them.Putting 6 pills is probably all you can fit but it up to you.

Oh and forget about smoking weed before hand , dog can detect it thru ya sweat from what I heard.Good luck to you if you manage to get a few joints in.

Another option do the prison yard trick with the tennis ball and have a mate waiting inside but police will be watching for this ...Just dont look like you have something in your mouth when police are in front of you if you get what Im saying so under the tongue or similar.

Once inside be discreet dont just pull out gum/pills out in front of everyone and pop them, undercovers will be watching....Discretion is your friend :D

You can use the above method to get weed into the event if thats what you want to do then you want the stuff already chopped up and put in a small satchel and wrap that in glad wrap & then hubba bubba, then its just a matter of rolling up once inside but undercovers be watching people who roll up cigarettes so is a bit risky ... so use the toilet to roll up as many as you need ... simple..

they wont ever have dogs inside the event as dogs are at risk of injury from to many people...and police wont risk that ...unless of course they have dogs stationery say at the liquor stalls and can sniff 1 person at a time getting their drinks or have sniffer dog patrol up and down the line of the liqour stall... so watch out for that ...

You can bring into the show an unopened bottle of water (no glass) & reasonable amounts of food without problems. Fruit is highly recommended but don't throw it at the bands.

lol thats from the bdo website ..

you could stick a few pills or weed in a satchel and stuff that into a orange or something lol

Good luck to you all in getting into the events without any troubles ... :)

Last edited:
double baggie, condom and up the bum also works good, can be abit tricky to get out though.

AHAHHA thats a bit extreme ...

but if thats your thing and you like sticking things up ya ring piece then go ahead ... lol

Screw big events

I'm not about to have my day fucked up by the pigs for doing what i want with my own body.

The drug laws must change.

My alcoholic mates always fuck up at partys, injure themselves and have way worse health problems then the rest of us drug users.

Government needs to wake up big time

only way I can think of to take in a gram of speed and 4-6 pills. unless you got another idea (feel free to pm ;) )

Thanks for all the good idea's kingpin :) much appreciated

Coming to a festival near you soon: "Police force patrons to spit out gum on entering the grounds. They claim it is to minimise littering problems and cite the ban set by Singapore as evidence."

Only a matter of time... 8)

Romie1092, maybe tie a thin piece of string to the ring of the condom? Seems to work alright for tampons! :D I don't think a condom with only 6 pills and some speed would be too uncomfortable for such a short period of time...

If anyone rich gets caught and wants the laws to change, take them to caught and make a big deal over the laws, you'll loose your case but it will draw attention to our cause.

Romie1092, maybe tie a thin piece of string to the ring of the condom? Seems to work alright for tampons! :D I don't think a condom with only 6 pills and some speed would be too uncomfortable for such a short period of time...

Good idea, I normally just end up "shitting" it out lol, you can laugh all you want about it but how I see it as better then possibly getting arrested, going to jail then getting fucked up the ass by some big bloke.

The sites not here to teach you how to move drugs into festivals guys. Keep it on topic, about the article and away from methods of concealment. Just remember if you write your good idea here, more than just fellow users might read it.

In saying that, however, it's important to realise that necking all your gear at once is never a good idea and can lead to more troubles than a simple drug diversion. If you're going to this festival, or any others during the remainder of the festival season, then play it safe and never carry more than you need.

drug dogs will be at all the festivals this year. they usually on work for the first few hours as the last few festivals ive been to i turned up bout 3 hours after the start of the event and there were no dogs to be seen.

i figure if i triple condom my gear so that theyre all air tight that no air must be getting out to carry the scent to the dogs. probs a problem with that logic but i havent been busted yet. or u could have a decoy, a mate who wears clothes that smell of weed but has nothing on him so the dog sniffs him out while u carry his gear for him

I was at BDO Gold Coast as part of the RaveSafe team, and talked to a few people who had seen the dogs and gotten past them or saw people getting pulled up for possession.

The big problem the dogs pose is that when people see them they may drop all their goodies at once in a panic, leading to an OD.

As they said in the article though, it was an overcast, cool day mostly which helped with people in the crowds and it was a good day for the most part. :D

I hope you had a good time :)

Another problem is when, maybe this didn't happen at the Gold Coast one but has in other states, police with sniffer dogs wait outside public transport terminals like train stations. All this does is encourage people to drive on drugs.

^ Yeah this was done for the first time in Perth at Summadayze at the beginning of January.. and your exactly right.. it just encourages people to drive on drugs.

It's only going to get worse as time goes along.. i just hope someone in power realise's it enough to do something... lol yeah right

Realizing is far beyond the capabilities of any one in power.

I'm pretty sure I heard reports of there being Sniffer dogs on the trains or at the train stations at Adelaide Big Day Out last year, so most likely they will be there again.

i was at the GC BDO and saw the dogs, the police used pretty cool tactics actually- there were two lines - the police congregated around one line for ages watching the nervous people change to the other line pinging them with the dogs and then switched to the other line again

they didnt seem to be in the event though!! compared to sydney it was quite pleasent to not have the dogs inside, all day all i could smell was pot floating across the different stages.
so for X amount of arrests im sure a pound or two of pot came in judging by the smell

Imagine the session you could have if every one at Big Day Out put all their pot together.
Now that would be a fun smoke.

Did you see any one who swapped lines manage to not get in trouble?

i was at the GC BDO and saw the dogs, the police used pretty cool tactics actually- there were two lines - the police congregated around one line for ages watching the nervous people change to the other line pinging them with the dogs and then switched to the other line again

they didnt seem to be in the event though!! compared to sydney it was quite pleasent to not have the dogs inside, all day all i could smell was pot floating across the different stages.
so for X amount of arrests im sure a pound or two of pot came in judging by the smell

Wow, that's a pretty effective tactic..

This is what i mean by they use the dogs primarily as intimidation to catch people out.