• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

staying up all night to regulate sleeping schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Changed

Bluelight Crew
I haven't been able to fall asleep until 2 am for the past month... I'm thinking about staying up all night tonight/tomorrow, then falling asleep at like 10pm, waking up at 7am, then repeating the next night.

Does this actually work?

I would take melatonin to aid sleeping, but every time I take it I sleep really poorly (can't fall asleep, restlessness, waking up during the night, etc...)

this happens to me tons during tramadol and opiates withdrawl...i always just stay up til 7 or 8 the next day to get my hours straight and wake up early the next day and everythings back to normal...sleep aids dont help me either during withdrawl, ru currently taking any perscriptions??

this happens to me tons during tramadol and opiates withdrawl...i always just stay up til 7 or 8 the next day to get my hours straight and wake up early the next day and everythings back to normal...sleep aids dont help me either during withdrawl, ru currently taking any perscriptions??

no prescriptions...

I quit all drugs except alcohol about 6 months ago. I take multi-vitamins, fish oil, flaxseed oil daily. Diet is fairly healthy, and I have started working out. I am healthy except for the alcohol usage...

I have tried to convince myself that I have insomnia, but I doubt it is true. I sometimes have trouble falling asleep, but once I do, I sleep like a rock.

I do this sometimes. It definitely helps regulate sleeping patterns. Give it a go.

I do this sometimes. It definitely helps regulate sleeping patterns. Give it a go.

Yup same here. You just have to really make sure that you are in bed by 10pm , all tucked in and ready to sleep , no procrastinating at all. Also maybe try to sleep earlier than 10? 9pm sounds fine and perfect if you are planning to wake up by at least 7 or 8 am feeling really refreshed.

I miss waking up early in the morning after a good nights sleep because I work the night shift, so I usually sleep at 2 or 3 am too. There's just something so different about starting your day early in the morning and sleeping early at night (early meaning : 9-10pm). Wish I could go back to that !

just made some tea... gonna watch infomercials for a while :D

I do this as well. My internal clock seems to get out of wack every now and then.
To be honest I rarely make it, my bed is just so damn comfy I cant resist sometimes :D

never tried this... i think it would just screw up my sleeping pattern more. however, the best way to regulate your sleeping pattern is to wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday. are you sleeping in late? that would explain why you have difficulty falling asleep... i know i sometimes sleep in ridiculously late and even if sleeping meds i won't be able to fall asleep until the wee hours.

never tried this... i think it would just screw up my sleeping pattern more. however, the best way to regulate your sleeping pattern is to wake up and go to sleep at the same time everyday. are you sleeping in late? that would explain why you have difficulty falling asleep... i know i sometimes sleep in ridiculously late and even if sleeping meds i won't be able to fall asleep until the wee hours.

yes, I usually fall asleep around 2 or 3 am, and wake up around noon.

I´ve never had such bad insomnia problems, but i just want to add, that it is extremely unhealthy(try to don´t get in contact with viruses or bacteria,as your immune system is going to be weakened) to mess up with your sleep. Rather less sleep, than none.
Try to get as much sunlight in the mornings as possible and fatigue your body.
If your experiment is going to fail i would advice you to seek medical advice, as insomnia can result from an illness.

good luck

I think the best solution would be if you wake up really early in the morning 6-7AM and don't take an afternoon nap, than you will easily fall asleep at night.

I never take naps...

I also worked out yesterday, drank 4 beers from 9pm to midnight, and didn't come close to falling asleep.

Well, I went to bed at 8:30pm last night, with the aid of 3mg's Melatonin (usually doesn't work for me), and just woke up at 7am. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.