• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Pregabalin - great addiction

Sator

Greenlighter
I am prescribed Lyrica - pregabalin 600mg a day and have two scripts. So I have been taking grams of lyrica a day for years. I have been trying to quit for a month now.

Before I've been on high dose Ketobemidone(about 25mg) for three months following a surgery(partial amputation of foot, never ride motorcycles). And the keto was easy to quit. WD for one week and that's it.

The Lyrica WD starts after a week and manifests itself as a combined opiate/benzo WD... One week after stopping I started to get cramps and varios tics. Nightmares and shadows that creeps up behind me, delirius hallucinations...

I just gave it up... just lying in my bed and shivers, took 600mg to ease...

Fuck this shit! Three weeks of gbl was easy to survive! NEVER TRY LYRICA! YOU MAY LIKE IT AND GET FUCKED BY IT!

what the fuck is Ketobemidone?
i tooo have use gabapentin to cope with my benzo withdrawals.
what lyrica like?
oh shit
damn i have used GBL for 10 days straight ever hour and came donw with a few benzos easy.. well maybe for some. but i tihnk all the drug u are using are working on GABA GABA-b mostly if i recall

I am prescribed Lyrica - pregabalin 600mg a day and have two scripts. So I have been taking grams of lyrica a day for years. I have been trying to quit for a month now.

Before I've been on high dose Ketobemidone(about 25mg) for three months following a surgery(partial amputation of foot, never ride motorcycles). And the keto was easy to quit. WD for one week and that's it.

The Lyrica WD starts after a week and manifests itself as a combined opiate/benzo WD... One week after stopping I started to get cramps and varios tics. Nightmares and shadows that creeps up behind me, delirius hallucinations...

I just gave it up... just lying in my bed and shivers, took 600mg to ease...

Fuck this shit! Three weeks of gbl was easy to survive! NEVER TRY LYRICA! YOU MAY LIKE IT AND GET FUCKED BY IT!

Lyrica is a very useful medication that is fantastic for neuropathic pain. I take it (when i can get it overwise it's lyricas underachieving brother gabapentin) for trigeminal neuralgia along with morphine and it helps a great deal. It does not prevent the pain entirely but it certainly reduces frequency of attacks thats for sure. I find the morphine to not work as well against the pain without lyrica or gabapentin so it's a essential med for me in order to live basically.

The withdrawals from lyrica and gabapentin are abit of a bitch but nothing too serious. All i got was tremors, pain flare up's and i felt abit weird. Nothing compared to opiate WD really and certainly nowhere on the scale of alcohol WD. I have never taken ketobemidone as it's not available in canada but it should have been much harder to WD from then lyrica. Morphine, dilaudid and oxycodone are certainly harder to WD from in my experience.

I am on up to 600mg's of lyrica a day or 1800mg's of gabapentin a day which are fairly high doses. But i take clonazepam as well which no doubt eases the withdrawals a good bit.

Making a blanket statement like never try lyrica you might like it and get fucked up by it is just plain stupid. It eases the pain and suffering of many people including myself. The only thing i hate about it is the ridiculous cost of the drug :!.

compared to benzos?
can't get lyrica only gabapentin.
how long addcition take i use gabapentin to help with benzo withdrawals
i taking clonaz as well

I guess everyone reacts different then. My meaning is that a bit of caution should be used when munching lyrica for the high. Many of those addicted to benzos didn't know how addicting the meds could be. I never heard of lyrica addiction until I ran out of them. So use it but know it can be addicting.

For me the WD from opiates was over after about two weeks and was easy to get off. The WD from lyrica is like benzo and opiate wd combined. But I use at least 1200mg's a day.

Ketobemidone is much like morphine oral (and more potent when used IV I have heard).

Back to lyrica: I do however think that you must be on a fairly high dose for many months to get stuck with it.. I don't find it comparable to benzos as I only get a boring drunken sedation but when on lyrica one could get high as a kite with a great deal of euphoria.

Killer for pain other meds cant get rid of though and possibly a killer in other aspects when used with no brains.

Just wondering if i got a Gabapentin addiction as well. I just love anything that works on GABA's from GHB, GBL and my worst addiction benzos. Trying to quit benzo i have found that gabapentin helps but i am starting to think i kinda got a habit with it i don't use it that much but i would say i use it more when not on much benzos.
Wondering if its smart to have high dose's like 1,500mg-3000mg a night to help me withdraw from benzos.

I don't think your dose is very high. But be carefull not to combine them as many people get stuck with both, but at that somewhat low dose I say, why not? A couple of weeks or a month say but taper the gabapentin the aswell..

Ketobemidone... Is that prescribed in Europe mostly? I've never seen it in the states and only heard of it because of this web site really.

i didnt know gabapentin was addictive - thats the drug im looking at switching to for my epilepsy once i get off valium but might think twice if its addictive
does it hav the same kind of rebound withdrawals/tolerance issues as benzos? if so, fuck that, ill just up my sodium valproate - i dont care how fucked my liver is, id rather hav liver issues than go thru more benzo-like rebound withdrawals!
personally i think any drug u take, pharmaceutical or illicit, if u take it to get high frequently, u will most likely end up in trouble one way or another
lyrica is very helpful to many ppl for pain management but if its abused and used to get high then of course problems will possibly occur
this must b taken into account with any psychoactive drug, legal or illegal

Quasistoned: Ketobemidone(Ketogan) is prescribed in Sweden for post-operative pain and other cases of severe pain like cancer and such. Don't know about other countrys though.

DrugWench: Lyrica, pregabalin seems a bit worse than Neurontin, gabapentin in terms of withdrawal. Try it out and if it works for your illness then great. Gabapentin has been around for ages and those who suffer severe WD have taken monster doses for a long time.

I think it's a key factor how long you have been abusing these kind of meds. Benzo WD is noticably after 3-4 weeks for me but I would have no problem what so ever if I stopped popping lyrica after the same time.

My guess also is that the prescribed dose is far from recreational dose and use...

thanks for the info, sator
gd luck in kicking ur problem with lyrica, or getting it under control so ur using it at a prescribed dose for watever u were given it for
if u find u cant hold back from abusing it, maybe get someone else to dole the pills out to u, like my mum does with my dexamphetamine and my valium
that or try daily pick-up at the pharmacy
hope the wds ease up soon - is there any way u can talk to ur doctor about going on a taper schedule of some kind?

I am still addicted to this drug. I take 600 mg a day. I don't feel anxious so badly anymore. But I guess I would be in terrible anxiety if I stopped taking Lyrica.

Do you believe you could stop lyrica and if not why not? What do you believe the withdrawal symptoms would be for you if you stopped?
Have you found any side effects from Pregablin?

I take it for epilepsy. I can't imagine abusing it though. I've never gotten high from it despite being prescribed large doses for years now.

Exactly how does it make one high?? I've never even known anyone to abuse this stuff before. Weird.

if lyrica was readily available i'd probably develop a habit for it because i like it so much. its like the perfect combo of opiate and benzo. i have dosed with it twice (about six months ago) and loved it. somebody i was living with at the time just happened to offer me some. it is not easy to come upon (for me) unless you have a Rx for it, which is probably a good thing

I take it for epilepsy. I can't imagine abusing it though. I've never gotten high from it despite being prescribed large doses for years now.

Exactly how does it make one high?? I've never even known anyone to abuse this stuff before. Weird.

A lyrica or gabapentin high (and i use that term losely here atleast for me) is kinda like being in a drunken stupor where your cognitive functions are alot more intact. Mixed with benzos and youl be falling on your ass.

A lyrica or gabapentin high (and i use that term losely here atleast for me) is kinda like being in a drunken stupor where your cognitive functions are alot more intact. Mixed with benzos and youl be falling on your ass.

Crazy. I quit drugs around the time I started taking my epilepsy seriously. I am prescribed Lyrica and Lamictal for the epilepsy and because I never took my meds before I got a reality check via a near-death experience due to a seizure, I never experienced this Lyrica + benzo high. It's probably a good thing I never knew this combination was plausible because I've been prescribed to various forms of gabapentin since I was sixteen and I surely would have abused/mixed yet another set of drugs.

That's nuts. I guess I'm just really surprised because I take a decent amount twice a day and I don't feel any effects whatsoever.

Lyrica does NOT make you high, loser!Do you realize it is used widely to TREAT addiction worldwide because it decreases craving????:X

Lyrica does NOT make you high, loser!Do you realize it is used widely to TREAT addiction worldwide because it decreases craving????:X

Are you fucking kidding me? Lyrica doesent exactly get me high (atleast not nearly as good as opiates, cocaine, certain benzos or amphetamines) but it does produce a altered state that is pleasurable for some. Also im pretty sure it doesent treat that many addictions or really any succesfully. It's not much different then gabapentin in it's action.

Also benzodiazepines are widely used to treat alcohol and opiate withdrawal so i guess they can't produce a high either can they? Clomethiazole used to be widely used to treat the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal and to help the cravings and i guess that can't produce a high either can it?

In the future please be alot nicer when disagreeing with someone would you? Don't call someone a loser just because there opinion is different then yours as it's only going to set off a flame war and it's kinda against forum guidelines. You can disagree with someone and still be nice about it or atleast not be a jerk about it.