PDA

View Full Version : It seems that there's more pharmaceutical opiate addicts then street opiate addicts??

Anon Ymous
03-01-2009, 04:40
The majority of posts on this forum are Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Fentanyl and other prescription drug related posts. Would you say that these drugs have surpassed the heroin high?

Bomboclat
03-01-2009, 04:41
Its a much cleaner high
Ive had some pretty amazing heroin, but really nothing as clean as dilaudid or oxycotton.

The high from heroin is an amazing high dont get me wrong, but most of the heroin i see now is shit and dirty. (although I'm not exactly looking my hardest since its not my DOC)

AdOgG0911
03-01-2009, 04:44
yeah the fact that you know what is in those pills vs what is in your bag of H is a big thing. plus I think it is a matter of access too, like if you are a dude who lives in the suburbs you can probably get OCs from a dealer out there vs having to drive to the hood to get H

cubbie
03-01-2009, 04:46
dilaudid is the only opiate that doesnt make me so violently ill that i cant even enjoy the high, i guess thats a good thing also its not my doc either but most ppl i know into opiates prefer pharmaceuticals its cleaner and u know what ur getting

Anon Ymous
03-01-2009, 04:51
Whats the best pharmaceutical opioid/opiate??

cebby
03-01-2009, 04:53
Whats the best pharmaceutical opioid/opiate??

That's a very subjective question. What's the best color? you'll get a million different answers. In the US, the most potent and euphoric opioids that you can find on the street are most assuredly oxymorphone or hydromorphone (Opana and Dilaudid respectively). Fentanyl is very powerful but also short lasting and hard to dose correctly. I'm sure there are other more obscure opiates that people will blurt out but oxymorphone and hydromorphone pretty much take the cake, with oxycodone likely coming in after that.

johanneschimpo
03-01-2009, 04:54
^ Got to it before me. THERE IS NO ANSWER!!!

Also, the reason why it seems there are more pharm users than heroin users is because most of the heroin users have already pawned their computers for dope.

(doing my job to perpetuate the stereotype ;))

Anon Ymous
03-01-2009, 04:59
lulz. I understand now. Now hydromorphone (Dialudid?) is better than oxycodone in your opinion?

alexxlife
03-01-2009, 05:10
Also, the reason why it seems there are more pharm users than heroin users is because most of the heroin users have already pawned their computers for dope.

yea that what I was going to say but been heroine user I still have one no I'm sorry 3 and it's been 2 years so everybody is different

cebby
03-01-2009, 05:14
lulz. I understand now. Now hydromorphone (Dialudid?) is better than oxycodone in your opinion?

I've never had hydromorphone but most people seem to think it's better than oxycodone. I'd love to try it some day but can't find anyone with it around here

AdOgG0911
03-01-2009, 05:54

yes in my opinion it's far better, if I had to choose only one drug and that was the only drug I could do for the rest of my life it would be hydromorphone. that said I think it's time for me to go dose

brutus
03-01-2009, 05:56
That's because more people abuse prescription opiates/opiods than heroin. I agree with the post above mine.

bmoredope
03-01-2009, 05:59
I've never had hydromorphone but most people seem to think it's better than oxycodone. I'd love to try it some day but can't find anyone with it around here

Yea lemme tell you hydromorphone is INSANE. They come in 4mg and 8mg pills from what I have seen. K4's or K8's. ect. They might have 12's too but im not sure. Either way the pills just dissolve right into water (*yum*). I shot one K4 when I had a pretty small habit on H but man that rush from the dilaudid rocked the HELL out of me. Put me on the floor man. Super intense rush. Way better than most H i've done.

brutus
03-01-2009, 06:00
^ They don't come in 12mg pills. There are 2mg hydromorphone pills though.

Potenti8
03-01-2009, 12:17
ah yes some good ole' powdered D would be good right now. if anyone remembers Gus Van Zant's "Drugstore Cowboy", an adaptation on Jim Fogle's novel. really good movie and book. They really do give Dilaudid a nice image in a junkies eyes.

dumbdrunk
03-01-2009, 16:00
drugstore cowboy was a killer movie !!!!

rachamim
03-01-2009, 16:16
To the OP: The reason why it "SEEMS" this way is because on BL it is absolutely true. It is very easy to understand. Rx addicts demographically are overwhelmingly in a higher economic and social strata. "Street" addicts generally do not have PCs, and rarely if ever hang out in libraries and certainly do not have cash for Cafe time. They are worries about getting their "fix" thanks to Prohibition.

Medical Addicts on the other hand often have insurance paying for their substance, started out in a higher income and social bracket, and so on.

To others: Hydromorphone comes in MANY forms. They even have 64 mg ER tablets now (Jurnista) which I will soon be on. The ones that are very soluble though are the Knolls, "Ks" to old timers).

Tchort
03-01-2009, 17:42
Refer to the Synthetic vs Natural opioids thread in OD. The pro's and con's of synthetic, semi-synthetic and natural opioids is debated in depth.

It has a lot more to do with availibility than preference. I personally like the dopey, itchy high of IV Morphine/Heroin to IV Dilaudid/Oxycodone/Bupe/Methadone/etc. Synthetic opioids just don't ring my particular bells the way Morphine and Heroin do.

It all comes down to demographics. Middle and upper class whites in suburban and rural areas traditionally abuse prescription drugs. I'd stake anything that the majority of BL users fall in this cateogory.

AllTimeLow
03-01-2009, 17:53
Where I'm from in CT, alot of KIDS, like 17 or 18 year olds, are starting off with pharmaceuticals. I started off taht way as well. There's a stigma that exists about doing heroin. It's looked at as the worst drug. Only the worst drug addicts do heroin. And from what I've seen, 75% of the people that get hooked on OC's move over to dope anyway cuz they can't afford the pills anymore.

Khadijah
03-01-2009, 18:28
Yea lemme tell you hydromorphone is INSANE. They come in 4mg and 8mg pills from what I have seen. K4's or K8's. ect. They might have 12's too but im not sure. Either way the pills just dissolve right into water (*yum*). I shot one K4 when I had a pretty small habit on H but man that rush from the dilaudid rocked the HELL out of me. Put me on the floor man. Super intense rush. Way better than most H i've done.

'you musta been gettin some shitty dope down there in bmore then cuz aint no dilaudid ever came close to the rush of dope for me. And it aint like i shoot 8 bags at once or nothing only 3-4-5 in 1 to get a good rush

brutus
03-01-2009, 19:41
They even have 64 mg ER tablets now (Jurnista) which I will soon be on.

Where are these pills being released rachamim? Just in SE Asia? I could just imagine how many overdoses these would lead to if they could be abused how the current day Purdue Oxycontin pills are today. I would love for them to come to the U.S. Is there any way to defeat the ER mechanism?

Lacy K, I met plenty of heroin addicts in rehab that were from all over the country and many of them preferred hydromorphone over heroin any day of the week. I haven't tried heroin yet so I really can't say which one I would prefer. But it just really comes down to the users preference.

ofukibenhearB4
03-01-2009, 20:01
to those of you that think that Oxycodone and Dilaudid are Better or STRONGER than fentanyl,-You know Nothing. hahahahah why do you think so many people overdosed on fentdope? Because the shit is Literaly 100 times as potent as morphine making it 50 times as potent as a heroin shot.
The high is AMAZING and it definatly lasts longer than dilaudid so I dont know why youd think dillies last......all they are is a rush.
Fent is not that hard to dose, if you just smoke a little bead of gel or put a dab in your cheek or if your a seasoned user like me youll just eat the whole patch at once or wear it : )
There are MANY opiates out there that infact can produce a much better/cheaper high than heroin DEPENDING on alot of circumstances. the few that come to my mind are Poppy seed/Pod tea (I get around 400 mg of morphine a dose and its STRONG!!!!!!!!! and it lasts 24 hours
Ok then you also have buperenorphine, which, for intolerant users, a TINY little crumb can send them to heaven. I know its not too much prefered amongst junkies but the opie naive LOVE the shit hardcore. IT as well, is NEAR fentanyl in terms of potency.
Opana is overrated
hydrocodone is really good stuff, kinda like Oxy but With the high (oxys like, "could I get some hydro , and hold the high please..?" hahahaha anyways pharmaceauticals have Completely taken over our culture almost Everyone I know has a prescription ofro some very stron mind altering drug.

Of course in the junkie world,,,,,,,,,,,,Nothing will Ever be heroin. as in the real world : )

ofukibenhearB4
03-01-2009, 20:05
K's are awesome ill have to admit and i had NO idea there were a 64 Anywhere in the world......
but alas Ill have to say it as well as lacey that NO amount of dilly EVER was as good as a good heroin shot (to me) the heroin trumped in every way, every time

brutus
03-01-2009, 20:45
^^ Fentanyl is not 100 times more potent than morphine. Do some research before spewing out incorrect information.

You say opiate naive people love bupe, I have yet to meet anyone that gets "high" on bupe and actually enjoys it.

How do you know your pod tea contains 400mg of morphine? Did you get it tested? All pods vary as far as potency.

Double posting is a great way to double your post count, but really frowned upon, you know you can go back and add whatever the hell you want to say in your first post.

GenericMind
03-01-2009, 21:19
->Drug Culture

morphonorconic
03-01-2009, 21:42
I think that one important factor that is perhaps being overlooked is simply the sheer volume of pharmaceutical opioids, especially those that tend to be more readily prescribed such as Vicodin, Norco, even Percocet, and the fact that larger volumes are being manufactured daily/annually. Also, it is quite easy for most any well mannered person to aquire a prescription for Tylenol #3 or Vicodin for some minor pain, therefore largely contributing, along with the other stronger opioids, towards the perpetuation of that demographic.

^PS- Drugstore Cowboy is a great film

null_null
03-01-2009, 22:00
Where are these pills being released

germany for example.
4, 8, 16, 32, 64 mg hydromorphone in an extended release formula
aka jurnista.

rath
03-01-2009, 22:40
There's .5mg 1mg 2mg 3mg 4mg and 8mg Tablets 2mg 4mg 8mg 16mg, 24mg, 30mg, 32mg, 152 mg Palladone SR and 3mg, 6mg, 12mg, 18mg, 24mg, 32mg Hydromorph Contin. Dilaudid is the best opiate ever.

Carl Landrover
03-01-2009, 23:38
Where I'm from in CT, alot of KIDS, like 17 or 18 year olds, are starting off with pharmaceuticals. I started off taht way as well. There's a stigma that exists about doing heroin. It's looked at as the worst drug. Only the worst drug addicts do heroin. And from what I've seen, 75% of the people that get hooked on OC's move over to dope anyway cuz they can't afford the pills anymore.

We also have LI sound, NY, and Jersey right around us.

Majority of the suburbs here in CT are a 20-30 minute drive at most to the city. I know you can score in Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, and Willimantic. The state ain't that big, so it's easy to get to the city if you're in the burbs.

I know literally dozens of people who started with oxy's and moved to dope....I'm one of them.

v4lium
29-04-2009, 05:36
In Canada most all of the opiate addicts are into pills not dope. Around here, dilaudids are the most sought after, oxy's come and go, people love the oxy's but they never seem to be around frequently. 9/10 out of ten, you meet a junkie here, he's into the dillies.

The streets are flooded with hydromorph contin 12's, the orange ones.

I've seen dope in this city maybe a dozen times in my life, montreal is overrun with smack but out here in the far east its all about the dillies.

Carl Landrover
29-04-2009, 06:41
^ Got to it before me. THERE IS NO ANSWER!!!

(doing my job to perpetuate the stereotype ;))

I sort of agree.

Just drive through the inner city. A LOT of people have at least TRIED dope, even if their not addicted to it.

I feel like heroin is more available to you if you are on the poorer end of the spectrum. If your from a suburb, which seems like a lot of BLers, you probably see more pills.

I've been using H for over 3.5 years now and never pawned anything (knock on wood).

Personally I just view opiate pharm addicts as people who:
A) Have not yet tried heroin
B) Do not have access to heroin

chrisinabox
29-04-2009, 10:41
^agreed

the_ketaman
29-04-2009, 11:41
I know for me here in australia having an oxycontin habit is a lot easier than having a heroin habit. Wen I was in my peak of oxycontin use it would cost me a maximum of $60 a day, if I were doing heroin, depending on quality I could easily do around $300-400 worth a day which is absurd. I find heroin is a better high than oxy and much safer t inject but I stuck with oxy coz I dont have anywhere near that much money to blow on drugs. Though when morphine was around I like morphine equally if not more than heroin but the morphine was expensive too and harder to shoot but still nowhere near as expensive as the heroin would be.

I know in Sydne oxy is becoming pretty big and while theres still a fair few heroin users/addicts different kind of people use different opes. Its either junkies who steal/deal/prostitute themselves or rich kids/bussiness people who mostly do heroin(aside from the occasional user) and just about anyone does oxy if they can get it ranging from junkies who use any opiate, school/uni kids, occasional users and anyone who can afford it and likes it. Here it is a lot cheaper to se pharms than heroin, I guess thats depending on tolerance and how much you get it for but heroin here is outrageously expensive, its usually criminals or prostitutes that use heroin here.

chrisinabox
29-04-2009, 12:04
^^so your saying that oxy is alot cheaper in australia? thats like the opposite of here in the united states, oxy is very expensive, usually around $0.50/mg on average. whereas heroin is usually like $100/gram. you can buy $10 worth of heroin and get more fucked up than you would off a $40 OC80.

TwistedReality
29-04-2009, 19:31
The stigma surrounding heroin use is insane. Plus, as others have said, there are more people on the streets because of being addicted to legal drugs than legal ones and therefore not having/caring about a computer.

God, this thread is making me want some oxymorphone..THAT, my friends, is better than heroin. Or anything, for that matter.

SZodiac
29-04-2009, 20:14
I sort of agree.

Just drive through the inner city. A LOT of people have at least TRIED dope, even if their not addicted to it.

I feel like heroin is more available to you if you are on the poorer end of the spectrum. If your from a suburb, which seems like a lot of BLers, you probably see more pills.

I've been using H for over 3.5 years now and never pawned anything (knock on wood).

Personally I just view opiate pharm addicts as people who:
A) Have not yet tried heroin
B) Do not have access to heroin

Quite right Carl, It's all about access. Here there are plenty of Oxy's (thanks to our Canadian pals) and on occasion the 8mg football dillies. While I like the dillies due too cheaper price then the Oxy's, I would always choose good H over either of those due too price and high. There is nothing better than good H period. It's usually just that people can't get it or get it in good form so they go with what they know is a given. Price wise there is no comparison.