Steroids and the immune system

julzbro

Ex-Bluelighter
What impact do they have? Alot of people are coming down with the flu on DS like superdrol. What about test?

AAS decrease activity of the immune system by affecting the function of white blood cells (the cells in your body which fight infections) and reduce inflammation and production of inflammatory chemicals in body tissues. And yes, including test.

AAS decrease activity of the immune system by affecting the function of white blood cells (the cells in your body which fight infections) and reduce inflammation and production of inflammatory chemicals in body tissues. And yes, including test.

I know this is my first post, and hopefully I wont get in too much trouble for attempting to correct a mod, but here I go.

Cortico steroids decrease immune function by suppression of production of white blood cell production, and suppression of inflammatory immune response.

Anabolic/androgenic steroids however have quite the opposite effect. For the most part they stimulate the prodcution of both red and white bloodcells and do not effect their 'function'. Also they increase inflamatory response. Part of the signaling proccess to increase protein synthesis is through prostaglandin release. Prostaglandans signal an inflamatory response. AAS increase the strength of this signal in response to weight training.

I know this is my first post, and hopefully I wont get in too much trouble for attempting to correct a mod, but here I go.

That wont happen here, we are all here to learn.

I'll try and be a bit more specific and I'll site where my information comes from in order to better explain and to further document my findings.

In addition to what I said, there is some evidence that anabolic steroid abuse may affect the immune system, leading to a decreased effectiveness of the defense system. Steroid use decreases the glucose tolerance, while there is an increase in insulin resistance. These changes mimic Type II diabetes. These changes seem to be reversible after abstention from the drugs.

Steroids have been linked to pathologies of the cardiovascular, immune, endocrine, psychiatric, reproductive and urogenital systems. Steroid abuse can also lead to liver disease and cancer, and inreased risk of injury to tendons, ligaments and muscles.

High doses of anabolic steroids can have significant effect on immune responses. In one study anabolic steroids were shown to significantly inhibit the production of antibodies in mice. They have also directly stimulated the production of the inflammatory cytokines IL-1b and TNF-a , but had no effect on IL-10 or IL-2 production. And corticotropin production in human peripheral blood lymphocytes after viral infection was significantly inhibited. Interferon production in human cells was also inhibited.

Hughes, T et al., Modulation of immune responses by anabolic androgenic steroids. Int. J. Immunopharmac. 17 (1995) 857-863.

/Victor

good info above, but to the original poster do yourself a favor and avoid most if not all of the DS's out there right now
Have you actually looked at some of the blood work from Superdrol? When it came out it was the second coming of christ,...until the bloodwork hit the scenes. We're talking just as bad as M1T. Don't bother with that shit if you care about your body at all, not worth the risk.

good info above, but to the original poster do yourself a favor and avoid most if not all of the DS's out there right now
Have you actually looked at some of the blood work from Superdrol? When it came out it was the second coming of christ,...until the bloodwork hit the scenes. We're talking just as bad as M1T. Don't bother with that shit if you care about your body at all, not worth the risk.

blood work brother, surely after a while your cholestorol levels even out again.

that's the hope, but have you actually seen some of the damage superdrol can do? We're dead almost goose eggs on cholesterol, I just don't understand why anybody would risk doing this to themselves, who knows when it'll come back up and how quickly it will come back. Not worth the risk in my opinion, considering most people on here probably have some type of "hook up" it's 10x safer to just pin test and what not. Just because superdrol's legal doesn't mean it's safe, I'd rather pin test for 10 weeks ANY day than run that junk. Just me though.

i have asthma
steroids make it even worst
i have to hospitalized for few days because suddenly i collaps (out of air)
i believe this is related with degradation of my immune system because of steroids

It is due to an increase in inflamatory response. Talk to your doctor he will tell you the same. Asthma is caused by inflamation of the bronchial tubes. Anabolics increase the inflamation responses throughout the body, this one included. Cortico steroids decrease the inflamation response. This is why corticosteroids are often found in inhalers and other asthma preparations.

by Karl Hoffman

Androgens, Estrogens, and The Immune Response
I posted this reply recently on another board to the question "Do androgens suppress or stimulate the immune system"

It's really not quite correct to say androgens suppress or stimulate the immune system. It is a bit more complicated than that, not surprisingly.

Here is Immunology 101 in a nutshell. The immune system has two "arms of attack": the cell mediated arm and the humoral arm. The cell mediated arm, or cellular immunity, responds to general assaults on the body by sending out immune cells to do things like attack invading organisms, or degrade necrotic tissue, in a non specific manner. By non specific it is meant that the immune cells do not recognize the invader as a specific target with which they are familiar. Inflammation is an example of a cell mediated response. When you get a sliver or strain a muscle the body sends immune cells there to wall off the site, increase blood flow, remove damaged tissue, etc.

Humoral immunity involves B lymphocytes that secrete antibodies that bind to the target and allow immune cells to recognize the target immediately as an invader and launch an attack. When you are vaccinated for something, like smallpox, you are injected with a small inactive piece of the virus. This primes your body to make large numbers of B cell clones that, if ever challenged with smallpox for real, pump out antibodies that mark the virus for destruction by other cells. The big advantage of this system is that it is fast and efficient. The disadvantage is that it is very specific. The cellular response is not as efficient but it works against any invader, not just one for which there already exist primed clonal B cells.

There is an emerging model of how the sex steroids regulate the two arms of the immune system. It is thought that testosterone stimulates the humoral arm and suppresses the cellular arm. This paradigm arose from the study of autoimmune diseases which overwhelmingly plague women more than men. The majority of autoimmune diseases involve a cellular immune system gone wild. Since in men testosterone suppresses cellular immunity, men are much less likely to suffer from these diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis.

So when NFG123 mentioned that androgens are antiinflammatory, this is kind of what it means technically. Some steroids seem to have stronger effects than others. So when people say deca improves joints because it makes you hold water, that is nonsense. It is an antiinflmmatory because it suppresses cell mediated immunity, which controls inflammation. it has nothing to do with water.

Why is deca's reputation as an antiinflammatory better than testosterone's for example? My guess is the minimal aromatization and its progestogenic activity. If you link to the article below and open the graphic, you will see a couple of interesting things.

First, progesterone, like testosterone, stimulates humoral immunity (the TH2 mediated response in the graphic) and suppresses cellular immunity (TH1 response). So progesterone has antiinflammatory action.

Second, estrogen exerts a biphasic effect. At low doses it is proinflammatory, stimulating the TH1 arm of the immune system (cellular immunity) and inflammation.

Deca then works both as an androgen and a progestin to quell inflammation. Testosterone, by virtue of its aromatization to estrogen is an inferior antiinflammatory.

If you want to learn more about sex hormones and immunity, this is a good article to start with http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/283/5406/1277?ijkey=JsdA5F3s0DHFo

deca and immune system

Can anyone explain what Deca (decadurabalin) has on the immune system? If used moderately, (one round per 12 months).

superdrol makes me feel like poo lol. never ran that more than once and that time it was cut short. injectables are sooo much freakin better. you mite blow up off sd in 3-4 weeks, but u prob wont keep but 2-3lbs maybe lol. not worth ittt.

i havnt noticed a difference in my immune system with anything....i didnt get the test flu either. i guess mine is super strong

Deca durabolin is actually good for the immune system.

Exactly. Most AAS are good for the immune system, that is part of why AIDS patients get AAS precriptions, besides their wasting symptoms.

Of course once you stop and enter PCT, the immune system crashes. Antibodies are protein-based and cessation of anabolics reduce their production very significantly.

The immune system in body is the ability to fight disease and makes us healthy. Immune strengthening system helps us to protect from cold, viruses and all bacterial infections. Natural herbs and other plant product are considered as natural immune system. There is increase in risk for many diseases in older age, so you need to strengthen the immune system to overcome these illnesses.