• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

An elephant can be a small thing.

cancer

Greenlighter
An elephant can be a small thing. Or, How to Save the Mammoth and the Brain.

Epilogue to a rewarding vacation.

Before this, the 69th (and, as always possible, last) installment of my very fruitful Performances in Thinking & Life series, I want to share with you the few thoughts of my unborn future children: I, coming then and there, forget with a sense of knowing. I am the first and I am the last, I am the best and most real.

Also, when I smoked a cigarette by the back door earlier I noticed a despicable accumulation of garbage outside; garbage in black, heavy-duty bags across my steps.

Also, I wanted to disclose to my loyal audience that I am not who you think I am. What does that mean? If both parties are so inclined, disregard that regretful ringing in our ears, forget about cliché. I would call myself, for all intents and purposes, shallow. You too, carry on. What I mean is… bullshit! No, really, you too.

Fig. 69 “Rickets in Time!”

“I wouldn’t eat a squirrel ‘cause I don’t eat squirrel meat and I wouldn’t eat a shrew because they’re shrewd. And I wouldn’t feed my baby ‘cause it’s had its weekly fill and I wouldn’t feed my nanny for she is ornery!” Rickets lied.

“You know, Ricketts—check your watch!” the twins disjointedly remind.

And then, oh that time! Rickets ripped his sleeve off, his eyes jumped around his wrist violently looking to focus on the face of that timeless piece, that zircon-encrusted Dialuid wristwatch.

“Rickets, we love you. We understand that you cannot be trusted. We understand that your sentiments are chemically charged. Understand that, nothing about any of that matters—your neuroses are irrelevant. What matters is how you make us feel when we’re around each other. We know that while you are merely a lumpy mass of protein—fuck, we are too! It’s all relative, Rickets, we all work well together, and there are laughs. Most likely we will be able to tolerate each other consistently, although tolerating ourselves is a different matter entirely!” the twins say and then erupt into laughter.

Actually, the twins, aged 15, are what you call homosexuals. Yes, they’ve experimented with each other sexually. Yes, they’ve discovered their superpowers only recently. (They’ve found a way to manipulate the space-time continuum). They only respond to being called The Twins and the one on the left has chronic halitosis.

The End.

Standup! You mustn’t be afraid to speak the truth, to speak your mind! You know it’s all bullshit because that’s what’s inside! You know we’ll all burn in hell! You know it’ll burns because it burns a fire! You know you’ll start believing me as soon as ya’ll see it! So come on! Come on! Come on!

The elephant is an idiot: a declarative sentence. So it’s all regressed to that, eh?

The truth is I am not what you think I am. I am shallow. I am ignorant. I am self-serving. I am smart. But I am stupid. I am a man. I am an animal. I will fuck. And I will piss. I am not what you think I am. I am an elephant.

An elephant can be a small thing. I can be, like, huge.

No, really, you too.

“Check your watch, Rickets. It’s that time, Rickets.”

An elephant can be a small thing. I can be, like, huge.

It’s like painting.

Hmm.. I can't say I really understand what you are talking about here. But it was an interesting read! :)