• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Are barbiturates recreational?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Elvis were still alive he'd attest to them being quite recreational. He didn't bother with pheno. from what I've read though.

They don't make the majority of those old scool barbs anymore I believe, at least most of them.

To me reds are recreational

What are some common ones (If I'm aloud to ask that on here) If not then just answer the first question

Desoxyn was mother's little helper, and there's no methaqualone in the world. Marathon can't bring it back because it's class one.
I did have the pleasure of getting scripts, years ago, but they've been gone sine 1982, officially 1983

I think barbs are recreational i have mixed them with a few other meds and found them fun.
I mixed with High dose Lyrica, alcohol and bupe.

I'm on Barbital, and I would say yes. But the barbs seem to erode way my logical mind and give way to a crazed monster after a couple days. Not good stuff.

Yeah, I do tend to just be happy and there.

Nothing else. LOL

You simply are just happy existing on seconol.

You don't care if anyone likes you or not.
You become blunt to the point of annoyance to other people.
You nod in the middle of a sentence.
You slobber sometimes.
You will never understand anything worth thinking about hard.
You can't follow through on your thoughts.

Just a euphoric mess.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Most things that alter your brain chemisty can be used recreationally - just some its not the best idea on the planet to use recreationally.

I agree.
And, as drugs progress, we need to create more stable reshearch on all drugs, not just the ones used medicaly.
Barbs are fun, no doubt, but a lot of people use them to just shut off from the rest of the world.
Also people go overbaord and take mega doses and die because of lack of understanding them.
It's just found that there is no right way to abuse them. They will make you insane if you become addicted to them, and at some point in that future, you will O.D. There is no way you can abuse them for long periods of time. It's just not ever going to work out for anyone.

One to three nights max, then put your pill bottle asside and grab some beer.
It's just not worth the "too close to death for comfort" feeling if you accidentally take too much, unless that was your plan.

Also, it is not ethical, to party on barbs. Someone is gonna convince you to drink, simmular if you were on benzos. You will have too much courage to say no. And thus annother realm of barb death resides there.

Sorry for being song long, but you should stick with relatively weaker drugs in the GABAergic pharms.
Hell, I would advise people to become alcoholics than fucking with barbs.

in the 70's we used to do seconol (yellows) and nymbutol (reds) i couldnt tell the difference but as a heavy duty alcoholic back then they were both heavenly to me...i laughed out loud in a 7 eleven store as my friend walked backwards up a magazine rack accidently while we were stoned on them..

barbs are definately recreational; especially secobarbital, pentobarbital, and Tuinal(formulation of secobarbital and amobarbital).

imo the only GABAergic downer better than secobarbital is methaqualone.

they're definately recreational, i should know as i was prescribed and addicted to them.

Barbs are certainly recreational, if they weren't, most of them wouldn't be in Schedule II (for us U.S. bluelighters anyway).

Secobarbital is my favorite. Yes, they can be very euphoric and sedating. Make you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Really bad memory loss while under the influence. Also becomes hard to form sentences. Very intoxicating.

Secobarbital is my favorite. Yes, they can be very euphoric and sedating. Make you feel very comfortable and relaxed. Really bad memory loss while under the influence. Also becomes hard to form sentences. Very intoxicating.

hell yeah reds are my favorite barb(and 2nd favorite GABAergic depressant after methaqualone).

i remember when i was perscribed them for insomnia when i was 16 in high school, good times... :D

Damn, I should feel lucky to have Desoxyn but if I had the choice I'd go with Secobarbital easily

Damn, I should feel lucky to have Desoxyn but if I had the choice I'd go with Secobarbital easily

yeah i'm more of a downer kind of guy.

although i'd love to have scripts for both Desoxyn and Seconal; go up during the day and land on a fuzzy, euphoric downer when i come down.

next time i see a shooting star that is what i'll wish for: Desoxyn and Seconal

Reds are blissful... Yellows are numbing... Christmas trees are just for stumbling...

i prefer reds to both yellow jackets and Tuinal, i've been scripted both reds and yellows and have tried Tuinal and imo straight up secobarbital wins.

i prefer reds to both yellow jackets and Tuinal, i've been scripted both reds and yellows and have tried Tuinal and imo straight up secobarbital wins.

That's exactly what the rhyme says...

Reds beat the rest... Yellow's second best... Christmas trees are a test...

Status
Not open for further replies.