PDA

View Full Version : Caution : Smoking Cannabis May Lead To Presidency Of The United States

Pages : [1] 2

bit_pattern
18-12-2008, 22:16
Friday, December 19, 2008

Caution : Smoking Cannabis May Lead To Presidency Of The United States

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/SUnmr_0OJDI/AAAAAAAADN0/g78ZITVYBDs/s400/ObamaSmokingPot.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9gn6KLa5xtY/SUnmr_0OJDI/AAAAAAAADN0/g78ZITVYBDs/s1600-h/ObamaSmokingPot.jpg)

College photos from 1980, by Lisa Jack, (http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1866765_1815160,00.html)of the already serving US President Barack Obama smoking pot and looking, basically, pretty wasted, were discovered before the election, but are only now seeing publication in Time Magazine :

"For a while, Jack put the negatives in a safety-deposit box, so that they could not be used until after the election, when there would be no chance they could be used for a political purpose."
The full story of these 'lost' Obama photographs, plus many more pics, are here. (http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1866765_1815160,00.html)

But would the above picture have really damaged Obama's run for the White House? Or would their early revelation only led to more slightly uncomfortable news chat where journalists have to admit to also having smoked a fair slab of weed in their youth as well?

I doubt that photos of an extremely happy young man smoking cannabis would have harmed Obama's election chances much at all. Most Americans are anything but hysteric about occasional cannabis use, nor do they widely object to its use as a medicine.

Any number of state and federal politicians in Australia, including leaders, have now admitted they have, sometimes deeply, inhaled. Does anybody, anywhere, really care anymore if anybody, local doctor or politician or president, smoked cannabis when they were young? It would not appear so.

The question now is will Obama open up the United States to legal, widespread use of medicinal cannabis? At one point last week, 16 of the Top 50 most popular 'Obama, Please Make This Change' subjects on his Change.gov website were about legal cannabis for the sick and injured.

Will Obama betray the tens of millions of true believers who know, as he did, and presumably still does, that cannabis (including hemp) is one of the most miraculous of all the plants of this planet? Will he revive dying farm economies with the hope of Hemp, for its oil, its fibre, its biofuel value, the vast protein storied in its seeds?

Will he launch a new generation of Hemp For Victory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY) farmers and industry?

http://yournewreality.blogspot.com/

Mariposa
18-12-2008, 22:30
I could not care less if the President toked up. I would rather have a peaceful guy/gal that enjoyed the kind bud than a dry drunk with impulse control problems (http://www.counterpunch.org/wormer1011.html) in office.

Although Time Magazine probably fact-checked this, that guy in the photo only passingly resembles Obama, IMO. Really nice shots, though.

bit_pattern
18-12-2008, 22:37
He looks like one smoooooth brutha! :D

Belisarius
19-12-2008, 00:03
He's p1mp.

That is all.

Transcendence
19-12-2008, 02:42
I would blaze with that guy.

junctionalfunkie
19-12-2008, 04:05
Although Time Magazine probably fact-checked this, that guy in the photo only passingly resembles Obama, IMO. Really nice shots, though.

Oh, I think that looks exactly like him. He looks fucking roasted, too. =D

WhiteLinesNcoffee
19-12-2008, 06:37
Isn't? hemp Already legal?

jackie jones
19-12-2008, 07:07
geez, do you think he inhaled?8)

Kalash
19-12-2008, 14:23
geez, do you think he inhaled?8)

Oh yeah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBzQI_7ez8

"I inhaled frequently. That was the point."

Max Power
19-12-2008, 14:45
Who says thats weed? Source?

wArEhOuSePuNk
19-12-2008, 22:21

yeah looks like a cig. to me.....

http://www.moretorah.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/obama%20smoking.png

spaceyourbass
20-12-2008, 02:59

He looks pretty chincy-eyed in some of those pics. I hope it's weed, if not he's just a poser

Mehm
20-12-2008, 09:59

Max Power
20-12-2008, 14:51
He looks pretty chincy-eyed in some of those pics. I hope it's weed, if not he's just a poser

Yeah, he's a poser because he doesn't smoke weed. 8)

btw, it's NOT weed.

junctionalfunkie
20-12-2008, 15:51
To some people, smoking tobacco is more objectionable than smoking cannabis.

Shlumpeet
20-12-2008, 15:57
I could not care less if the President toked up.

Thank God someone can use that phrase correctly.

jackie jones
20-12-2008, 16:11
really. tobacco smoke smells horrible. gotta love the sweet cheebah though!

Care
21-12-2008, 08:25
This thread missed the relevant bus and got left in who-cares-ville.

aanallein
21-12-2008, 19:35

of course its weed. look at the hat he's wearing.

wArEhOuSePuNk
21-12-2008, 20:40
"Could this guy possibly be any cooler?"

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc167/warehousepunk/obama_apple_pacman.jpg

auto238367
21-12-2008, 20:56
I smoke weed. I should run for prez iin 2012!

AmorRoark
21-12-2008, 22:26
^ Not anybody can be the President... just the Vice President.

spaceyourbass
22-12-2008, 08:26
Yeah, he's a poser because he doesn't smoke weed. 8)

btw, it's NOT weed.

No (if it's not weed or he's not high) he's a poser for looking high when he's not. Brush-up on your comprehension skills buddy.

Anyways, he's admitted to smoking weed to get high, so it doesn't matter if he's toking in the pics or not. The man smoked plenty of marijuana, unless, like I said, he's just a big fat phony.

tripmonkey505
22-12-2008, 08:53
of course its weed. look at the hat he's wearing.

hahahhahahhahahah damn straight hahahahahahahahah.=D

L O V E L I F E
25-12-2008, 08:27
He looks pretty chincy-eyed in some of those pics.

I hope it's weed, if not he's just a poser

Or maybe he's part Asian.

Look at how far we have progressed as a nation!

beta1
25-12-2008, 08:45

Who smokes a cigarette like that? Based just on his grip, you can tell he's smoking a J.

Kalash
25-12-2008, 13:59
So...
What this is really saying is that it's not OK to smoke pot, but it's OK to be a blatant hypocrite, so long as you don't get caught violating laws that you support, that having been caught for, would make you ineligible to become president... Or even hold a local public office.

Max Power
25-12-2008, 16:25
So...
What this is really saying is that it's not OK to smoke pot, but it's OK to be a blatant hypocrite, so long as you don't get caught violating laws that you support, that having been caught for, would make you ineligible to become president... Or even hold a local public office.

Yes, because these pictures were taken yesterday. 8)

Mehm
25-12-2008, 19:40
^he supports the criminalization of ganja. he's a huge fucking hypocrite. period

hey obama nation, get ready for the biggest let down of your lives.

Max Power
25-12-2008, 19:51
Yes, he HAS smoked marijuana in the past.

Yes, he HAS experimented with drugs.

Is he currently smoking it? No.

Is he currently doing drugs? NO.

A hypocrite is someone who tells you not to do something and IS CURRENTLY DOING IT.

There's a difference.

Don't get me wrong here. I love weed. I love it. I want everyone to try it once. I want it legalized. I want to buy it in stores. I hate the war on drugs.

But I don't see how the hell you can call Obama a hypocrite.

Mehm
26-12-2008, 14:03
If he were caught then, he would not be president today. Now he wants to limit the future success of others by supporting the war on drugs. Just look at his pick for vice president.

Max Power
26-12-2008, 15:19
If he were caught then, he would not be president today.

Caught? He admitted he smoked weed and railed cocaine.

Now he wants to limit the future success of others by supporting the war on drugs. Just look at his pick for vice president.

Yes, he chose his VP solely on his stance regarding the war on drugs. That was the only reason he chose Biden. 8)

Mehm
26-12-2008, 16:08
Caught and charged, could have gotten a felony and not ran for public office. Did you go running and screaming through the streets about two months ago by chance? ;)

Max Power
26-12-2008, 16:32
Possession is a misdemeanor not a felony. He's not running a drug trade ring here. 8) You wanna talk about shady pasts, shall we bring up GWB's alcohol and coke drenched history?

I did not go running through the streets. I DID vote for Obama. If he turns out to be everything he promised: great. If he doesn't, then you can expect me to criticize him as well. I don't hold him on any kind of pedestal, nor do I look for any little opportunity to trash him like some are doing in this thread.

In my eyes he is a politician who has made promises and is going to get a chance to make good on them come Jan. 20th. Until then, I will not pass judgment. He isn't the Messiah nor is he the devil in disguise. Everything is neutral right now.

Did you send out all those "Obama is a Muslim who pals around with terrorists" e-mails by any chance? ;)

Kalash
26-12-2008, 18:42
Possession is a misdemeanor not a felony.

That depends on where and when you were arrested for possession...

мDма
26-12-2008, 19:36
Lol, he had a crush on my friends mom.
I'll go scan her yearbook later on today if I'm not too stoned.

Kul69
26-12-2008, 21:38
He was not smoking weed in the pictures. The girl specifically asked him to model for her photo class or something like that. There's a collection of like 20-30 pics of him in various poses. It's not like she snapped this during a party or some shit like that. He was just posing with a smoke.

Max Power
26-12-2008, 22:02
He was not smoking weed in the pictures. The girl specifically asked him to model for her photo class or something like that. There's a collection of like 20-30 pics of him in various poses. It's not like she snapped this during a party or some shit like that. He was just posing with a smoke.

Thank you. :\

Mehm
26-12-2008, 22:24

exactly

Did you send out all those "Obama is a Muslim who pals around with terrorists" e-mails by any chance?

nope, but i did vote for Nader :D

Water
27-12-2008, 23:29

It's him. You can tell.

Max Power
27-12-2008, 23:55

The USA
In the 70s

Obama smoked a joint in the 70s. OMG!!! 8o

STOP THE PRESSES!!! THIS IS FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!!!111

8)

aanallein
27-12-2008, 23:58
that guy in the photo only passingly resembles Obama, IMO

eh.. fairly obviously him. very distinct features.

Kalash
28-12-2008, 04:36
The USA
In the 70s

Obama smoked a joint in the 70s. OMG!!! 8o

STOP THE PRESSES!!! THIS IS FRONT PAGE NEWS!!!!!111

8)

That's not the point.
The point is that it was a felony offense in the 70's (possible incarceration of more than a year) for possession.
It does depend on WHEN - because the laws were being changed...
Prior to 1970, there were 2 year mandatory minimums for marijuana possession.
If he was smoking the joint in 1969, there's no doubt he committed a felony crime.

The point is that he DID commit a felony crime (possession, twice) - and got away with it, brags about it, and makes light of his SERIOUS injury to the state (their claim, anyway), yet he refuses to do anything to stop the punishment of this "offense" that he willingly, intentionally, knowingly, and (self-admittedly) repeatedly committed himself.

There are currently 3 strike laws for federal drug charges.
Depending on what agency arrests you, 3 strikes = life sentence - for marijuana possession. Have you smoked a joint 3 times in your life? With 100% enforcement of the law, you'd be in prison for life. So would Mr. Obama.
Not all states have "decriminalized" or made marijuana possession a misdemeanor.
The federal government has not.

L O V E L I F E
28-12-2008, 09:06
What a fucking badass!

"Yes, I'm black!"

"Yes, you may take a picture of me smoking this illegal-to-posess marijuana cigarette!"

"I am such a fucking genius, I am going to figure out a way of how to rule the entire fucking WORLD ANYWAY!"

That's EXACTLY what this motherfucking genius was thinking the moment that this beautiful sexy magnificent photograph he KNEW we would all eventually be laughing at got snapped.

In.

My.

Opinion.

Big Up Yo'Self, Smartest Most Eloquent Motherfucker I Have Ever Seen In My Entire Motherfucking Life!

Kalash
28-12-2008, 12:30
What a fucking badass!

In.

My.

Opinion.

Change "bad" to "jack" and I'll agree with you.
:p

Max Power
28-12-2008, 16:33
That's not the point.
The point is that it was a felony offense in the 70's (possible incarceration of more than a year) for possession.
It does depend on WHEN - because the laws were being changed...
Prior to 1970, there were 2 year mandatory minimums for marijuana possession.
If he was smoking the joint in 1969, there's no doubt he committed a felony crime.

The point is that he DID commit a felony crime (possession, twice) - and got away with it, brags about it, and makes light of his SERIOUS injury to the state (their claim, anyway), yet he refuses to do anything to stop the punishment of this "offense" that he willingly, intentionally, knowingly, and (self-admittedly) repeatedly committed himself.

There are currently 3 strike laws for federal drug charges.
Depending on what agency arrests you, 3 strikes = life sentence - for marijuana possession. Have you smoked a joint 3 times in your life? With 100% enforcement of the law, you'd be in prison for life. So would Mr. Obama.
Not all states have "decriminalized" or made marijuana possession a misdemeanor.
The federal government has not.

Care to show me ANY state where possession of a joint is a felony?

No?

k.

Mehm
28-12-2008, 21:12
Possession of ganja was a felony in Nevada and some other places. I'm not sure about federal penalties..Kalash, do you know?

And that's besides the point. He jokes about once breaking state and federal law, yet supports legislation that enforces those same laws.

Why exactly does he say it should still be criminalized? I've never heard a good answer.

Its just very inconsistent.

Max Power
28-12-2008, 22:23
Federal penalties are meaningless in this case. Those courts would laugh if they were presented a case for a mere joint.

Can you explain how he's joked about it? I hope you're not talking about the "inhale" comment.

aanallein
28-12-2008, 22:25
A politician is inconsistent? Oh hells no.

Kalash
28-12-2008, 22:33
The federal laws keep changing...
From the 70's - I'm not sure.
I know there was a 2 year mandatory minimum until 1970 - but there were no sentencing guidelines (no sentencing commission) until the mid-80's.

It was completely up to the judge, but the maximum penalty for drug possession is greater than a year - making possession a felony, regardless of the actual sentence.
This has changed in some states - but not all of them.

Federally, possession puts you at offense level 4... Assuming it's just for personal use, and only a very small amount...
0-6 months.
It's a felony if you have a criminal history category of IV or higher...

But that's current guidelines. They've changed a lot over the years.