• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Official Tramadol Discussion Thread

I've taken OC a bunch and got my hands on loads of Tramadol. I can't figure out how anyone can take more than 50mg!

I take one at 1pm and I'm up til 1am at least. It's like cocaine! I also get these lite throbs in my temples every half hour or so. Is this at all normal? I'd like to see where these 'euphoric' feelings come into play, but I'm petrified to take more than 1 50mg pill. Any help would be appreciated.

you become more used to its effects over time and taking more than 50mg doesn't seem like such a bad idea. If 1 keeps you up, 2 will probably give you decent opiate high. In the beginning I found low doses stimulating and higher doses like a stimulant+opiated feeling.

Better safe than sorry. But yeah I would think it would take more to get you high...but I'm not suggesting that you take the max dose either though.

You were absolutely right. Taking one was like speed/cola. After taking another an hour or so into it, I began feeling the 'buzz.' I even took yet another at 5pm... I did couple it with a small dose of ativan and i think that kinda nullifies the 'speedy' aspect and leaves the happy buzz feeling. And was able to sleep at a normal time too (12am). Thanks!

Q: Would xanax help counter the seizures and/or help take the edge off too?

A: Yes. Any benzo will

Does anyone else find that if they take Tramadol they get rebound pain? I seem to always wake up the next day with a horrible headache and just have to take more... :(

A: Yes. Any benzo will

Does anyone else find that if they take Tramadol they get rebound pain? I seem to always wake up the next day with a horrible headache and just have to take more... :(

yes i also found muscle soreness and lethargy the next day as well.

Ive had several(within one week) experiences with tramadol. I crashed when in a MX race and fucked my knee up cause it got gouged by the footpeg. Anyway, i got prescribed tramadol and i loved it. I had 50mg pills and i took about 5-8 each day with maxolon and codeine and paracetamol and ibuprofen. I felt like i was in heaven for a week and i pretty much didnt move from the couch the whole time. My body felt sooo good, i couldnt stop playing with my nipples and rubbing my hands across my body. Definitly a good drug and definitly addictive, id do it again in a heartbeat!

I've been thinking, so far i have taken my doses all at once.
But since one of the metabolites of tramadol helps produce the opioid effect (O-desmethyltramadol), which has a longer half-life than tramadol itself, it maybe would be better if i spaced the doses with a little tram/hour, instead of all at once, to hold through the night?
To let the metabolite build up?

Have you guys experienced a less speedy and more opiate-like high after a awhile when you spaced the doses instead of taking a high dose all at once?

Yup. I also find that the speediness seems to wear off after using tram daily for a while and it becomes more opiatesque. Does affect people very differently though - more so than just about any other widely abused drug I can think of. There's a thread on the speedy vs opiatey effects of tram in OD :)

I do know that it takes a while for tram to get up to speed as it were - you need some in your system to get the ball rolling so if you only take it occasionally it's more effective to take a small "primer" dose to get the enzymes flowing and then a larger dose an hour or so later. If you take it daily that obviously doesn't apply.

Yup. I also find that the speediness seems to wear off after using tram daily for a while and it becomes more opiatesque. Does affect people very differently though - more so than just about any other widely abused drug I can think of. There's a thread on the speedy vs opiatey effects of tram in OD :)

I do know that it takes a while for tram to get up to speed as it were - you need some in your system to get the ball rolling so if you only take it occasionally it's more effective to take a small "primer" dose to get the enzymes flowing and then a larger dose an hour or so later. If you take it daily that obviously doesn't apply.

I experiernced the same thing. the longer i took it the less of a speed high it had and more of a pronounced opiate high.

Also i have read that tramadol is more bio available when there is some in your system already. So perhaps start with one and then a few hours later take a larger booster dose to really get feeling good. Be careful though a friend's wife redosed a bunch of times in one day and ended up having a seizure. I have never experienced seizures while on tram though.

With Tram it either getting used to the high and learning what to look for and like or learning what to add to it to enhance the effect in a way you like.

haha some of us that have been using this stuff for years.(and love it no matter what the rest of BL says) could write a freaking handbook. Tramadol for Newbs

dude, smoking weed on tram makes it go from a mild opiate high that can be intense at times to being straight up smacked out after smoking. I would nod frequently after smoking and at times become so high i would get mild anxiety from the intensity of the opiate high.

Yeah, getting the nod back by mixing it with weed after the effect was gone cause I did it so long was mindblowing.

Time for a long break. Have been doing 3-400 mg per day for 4 days in a row, then 4 days off, repeat since mid-december. Diminished returns have begun showing themselves. I guess it's better to binge on tramadol than on alcohol on the holidays, though.

Time for a long break. Have been doing 3-400 mg per day for 4 days in a row, then 4 days off, repeat since mid-december. Diminished returns have begun showing themselves. I guess it's better to binge on tramadol than on alcohol on the holidays, though.

Are you taking 300-400mg a day or 3 doses of 400mg a day? Three doses of 400mg a day would be ALOT of tram. I'v been on a bit of a binge myself lately, but now I'm almost out! I'm trying to decide if I want to take my last good dose tonight or if I want to wait and take if with some poppy seed tea tomorrow.

I think you can get Tramadol in mexico w/o a script, so next time I'm down there I'm picking up some more!

I take 300-400 mg per day max, and in time-released tabs. I don't think tolerance is a big issue with tramadol, as I have been doing it for over a year now, and only now have I begun to notice a difference in the high. But it is still time for a break for me, which sucks. I would like to think I can do a month without, because I always take benzos with the tram, and I definitely do not want to become hooked on those fuckers again.

It's always a gamble after 4 days of benzo use: will I have to taper, or canI just stop without any problems? So far, I have been able to stop with no problems. But why tempt fate?