I HATE NYWO ~ Shelter NYC ~ 5/5/02

ScaryRaver

Bluelighter
date: 5/5/02
name: I HATE NYWO
promoter: NYWO
contacts: tba
price: free
lineup: Knowledge, Johnny Hardkore, Todd Buckler vs Josh Sky, Johnny Fame, Scorpion, Bizzo, Kaz, Ill-Logical, Dimentia, TC Izlam, Seen, Mumblz, Josef Fazor w/ MC Override, Seec, Poe, Strangelove, EGirl, Future Funk, Tommy Ryde, John Bas, Speks, Galvatron, Soma, Phritz, Poison, Ross Newman, G-Spot, Ritalin, Definition, Decibal Flekx, Nevermind, Heartworm, Stab, Churchshoes, Xylene, Nic-Fit, Sour, Foodstampz, Symmetry, Wopner, Koma, Fury8, Tyrant, Nakedslice, Smilee, Eric Q, I-88, D-Range, Lite Brite, Flektone, Blowout, Eclass
times: 3PM-4AM
i pulled this off columns' page looks like NYWO is trying to Make up for the shitty stuff they've done with a free party... the line up isn't the best but then again it is free :)

Yeah, it's free, if it wasn't free, no one would go. After years of shade, that NYE disgrace, and outright ass fucking their supporters... there is no one stupid enough to go to their parties... I'm sure they will make up for the free event with a full staff of pocket runners.
I'm going to have a hard time staying polite about this. If you haven't attended a NYWO event before, please talk to someone who has so you know what your walking into.
Maybe they are turning over a new leaf. Hell, stranger things have happened. I haven't been to a NYWO event since KLOUD909... which has to be a couple years ago at least. Anyone got any good things to say about them? Has Johnny Hardkore learned to beat match?
:)

I am going to this party. Props to NYWO for pulling it off. Its free so why are you bitching. I do give respect to JH because he throws parties, even with all the bullshit he still continunes to throw them. Until you throw parties & loose money don't talk.. :) Respect is given when it is due..

I'm going to have a hard time staying polite about this. If you haven't attended a NYWO event before, please talk to someone who has so you know what your walking into.
Well, I've never been at NYWO so I'm gonna ask right on this board: What is it like? If anyone knows, please post cause there are many places in NYC to attend and I wouldn't want to take my friends somewhere where I shouldn't. I don't know what "bad" these guys do in the past, but free party sounds interesting.

Last NYWO party I went to me and my friends got robbed for our wallets. I will never goto a NYWO party again.

NYWO just plain out sux. Seriously this party may be free but there will probs be something there to fuck you over at the door. Thats just NYWO for ya. All the thugs inside waiting to rob all the kids and shit. Seriously, a free party from NYWO isnt even worth goin to cause its still just gonna suck!!! Im not trying to be negative here...it just happens everytime.

I have been to one NYWO event, and it was at the same place as this event, back when it was called Speeed. Never again will I attend a NYWO event. It really sucked. I'm not even sure why it sucked, I guess many things, from bad vibes, to bad music and sound.
Making it free just adds to the shadiness. They cant even throw a good party when people are paying, how are they going to put on a free event people will enjoy?
And if you actually think this is free, well then you have something coming to ya, somehow they will get your money.
I strongly recomend to stay away.
G$
[ 24 April 2002: Message edited by: G$ ]

^^^
lol, ur talkin about "money ain't everything" arent ya???? that was like the largest ::cough::bt::cough:: meetup in history. lol i'm sure this one will be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i REFUSE to go to a NYWO party, and WORD to dazzle. she said it all... they're fucked up, entirely fucked up. if you go--watch ur fukin' back, its gonna be maddd bullshit.
and was anyone else kinda surprised to see this: "Xylene, Nic-Fit, Sour, Foodstampz, Symmetry, Wopner, Koma, Fury8, Tyrant, Nakedslice, Smilee, Eric Q, I-88," on the lineup? i know i kinda was... i'll talk to several of these people this weekend and see what they have to say about it.
lolita: since ur all into the nasty dippy clouds that pollute our parties and suffocate everyone on the floor, i'm sure THAT is why you support NYWO and give them props. they ALLLLLLWAAYS draw the sketch that come w/ leak.

This party is free, so you shouldnt be bitching! Shelter, omg I dont like this venue at all !!!!!! Security is mad shady .. Just don't be fucked up, or anything with illegal substances and you should be fine..

i had no problem with security at shelter when i went... i wasnt allowed to bring my camera in, so the big lady took my battery... i didnt think she was going to give it back, but at the end she did, and told me to be safe going home and to have a good night :)

^^^^
hey faerie how is shelter when it comes to dress code, I'm going to see deep dish their tonight and wanna know if jeans and sneakers will B alright.
and not to join the bandwagon on hatin NYWO but I went to their money isn't everything party and it was really bad.

NYWO CAN SUCK MY FUCKING ASS.... if anyone goes I feel sorry for ya unless your rolling with a bunch of bitchass wanna be thug wanna be raver fags because then you'll fit right in.
NYWO = low budge & no class

i went for a jungle party, and there was no dress code, as far as i could see.... i dont know if it changes for each even though

what is this shit? is there BTS there or what?
free sounds good, I went to a tsunami party there and it blew. they put absolutely no effeort into that place its like a fucking rec room. it was 10 bux tho and that beats those other shitholes.

BTS? LOL... they only exsist on ravelinks nowadays. Most are locked up or dead... and the rest are just wanna be thugs from the suburbs who just claim to be BT. :) (but that's a WHOLE other topic)
Anyway... whether you still believe in them or not... NYWO has a reputation of bringing in a heavy sketch factor to their crowds... it is not a vibe I would want to be around.
I'm still waiting for princess lolita to come up with a postive experience or a reason they have earned anyone's support. Free party does not equal good party... Support and respect have to be earned... and as far as I know, they haven't earned either.
[ 25 April 2002: Message edited by: Dazzle ]

Originally posted by Dazzle:
BTS? LOL... they only exsist on ravelinks nowadays. Most are locked up or dead... and the rest are just wanna be thugs from the suburbs who just claim to be BT. :) (but that's a WHOLE other topic)
agreed... i only said "bt" b/c that is who everyone associates sketch with -- altho, we both kno that the real bt is dead and that sketch will never die i thought it was a good way to illustrate what can be expected from this party