• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(JWH-018/1.5 mgs) New experience: Holy shit, I'm dying! Worst night ever.

cegli

Bluelighter
I would like to preface this with a quote from blue dophin about JWH-018

I began to experience waves of unusual body energy flowing through me. I believe if it was much stronger this may have led to some anxiety, as it was focused a lot on my chest.

Hey everyone, well having just obtained a small sample of some JWH-018, I decided to give it a whirl late last night after studying all day for exams, as a quick break before bed.

My two friends were over and were cool with it, so I told them what I was going to do and went off to my room to prepare. My JWH-018 came in a brownish lump. There's some debate over whether is what it's suppose to look like when it's pure. Only time will resolve that debate I guess.

Here are the important stats:

Dose: 1.0-1.5mg?
Admin: Smoked

Experience: First time with any synthetic cannabinoid, and very little experience with weed. I've smoked probably 15 times total over the course of two years. I've been very high before and am generally very very sensitive. My friends gave me one brownie that they had ate two of (they smoke 8 times a day), and I spent most of it clutching the ground and a toilet because I thought I was going to hurl. One hit of the very good weed we have here gets me very stoned.

I have no weed tolerance at all (hadn't smoked for months).

Report:

Here we go, so I measured out ~1-2mg of this stuff. I didn't feel like messing with solvents, so I measured using my crappy scale to get about ~1.5mg total. With error it could have been as high as 3.0mg, but I really really doubt it. I put this in a really nice freebase pipe I specially made for smoking small amounts of chemicals.

Here's a comparison with weed. Realize this may be off because of sensitivity to this substance.

Things like weed for me (in my limited experience):
--------------------
Dry Mouth
Similar thought changes and headspace to weed
Complete short term memory destruction

Unlike Weed:
---------------------
Not much bloodshot eyes/droop
No body heaviness
Added tingling and electricity feeling (will talk about later)
Massive time dilation

T:0:00+

I smoked a little of it, didn't feel anything after a minute, so smoked a bigger hit. I smoked another little hit and then started to feel high so I stopped there. About 1/3rd was probably left. So I guess I took about 1-1.5mg tops.

T:0:05+

I'm starting to feel high, but not like what I'm use to. It feels more like DMT or something and my vision is warping heavily. Little voids are appearing in my open eye vision, and I'm starting to get confused about whether I'm real, if things exist, and where I am.

T:0:06+

One minute later I'm sitting on the couch with my friends and I can no longer speak with them at all. My heart is pounding so loud and I am starting to freak out. I knew I'd be alright, but I was more scared then I've ever been.

I've tripped hard on ayahuasca, DMT, salvia, DOM, 2C-E, and a whole bunch of RCs (maybe 15 others?) and have always felt fine during the experience for the most part. This was way more intense.

I ask my girlfriend for a Xanax (thank god I have them), and take that. My feet go completely numb, as well as my scalp. I'm starting to feel like I'm going to throw up, and my vision starts chopping. I'd say it was at about 3fps. This does not help my stomach.

T:0:08+

I'm desperately asking how long it's been since this has started. My entire body is filled with the worst burning feeling I've ever felt. If I move even an inch, the jolting feeling burns around my entire body. It feels like I'm simultaneously being shocked and burned by fire inside my body.

With my eyes closed complex scenes play out like movies, but I have no short term memory and instantly forget them.

T:0:15+

I'm sure this is hell. I've found the only way to position myself is on a chair balled up.

You know when a part of your body falls asleep and you get that "pins and needles" feeling in it? It's like that, multiplied by 1000, racing around your body from the part of it you just moved. I can hear my heart pounding, and it feels like I've been like this forever. I keep asking how long it's been and when I'll feel the Xanax.

I ask for some sublingual Lorazepam and am given one. It won't dissolve because of how dry my mouth is.

T:0:18+

I desperately ask for another. They're not sure how many benzo's can safely be given, and start deliberating if I should be given more. I can't explain to them that the amount is fine, but I just keep pitifully crying for another until they give me one.

I feel so horrible that I almost start screaming and rolling around on the ground, but I resist because I don't want to frighten my girlfriend and wake my roommates.

T:0:20+

Time continues to dilate insanely. I huddle into a position and don't move from it for about 5 hours. My friends turn off the lights and get some gentle music for me (thank god). Any light at all makes me feel like I'm going to vomit. I vomit a bit into my mouth and swallow it again, and ask for a puke bucket. My girlfriend stays with me the whole time and feeds me water through a straw because I can't move at all to get any water. I tell them that I love them and I'm sorry for putting them through this.

T:1:40+

I'm starting to feel a little better. I can move my fingers again without pain, but nothing else. The benzo's might be making me a little less panicky, but I definitely can't sleep. I still have frenzied closed eye movie visual things.

T:7:00+

I wake up and talk with some of my roommates who want to know what happened. I have no memory of this, but apparently I was feeling alright. My girlfriend took me to bed.

T:14:00+

I awake in my room 14 hours after the first dose. I had apparently stayed awake and wasn't doing great for about 3 hours after T:00:00+, but then maybe fell asleep (that's what my friends think at least).

I don't remember anything from the 1:40+ point, maybe because of the benzo's, but I'm really glad I don't. I feel kind of shaky today, and my vision is kind of weird, but besides that not too bad.

-----------

Be very careful with these, especially if your not a regular pot smoker. I have a feeling that some of the dosages being thrown around are being created by people with large tolerances. Plus I may be abnormally non tolerant. Hope this helps someone from going through what I went through.
Oh, and my girlfriend says "hi", haha.

substancecode_jwh018
substancecode_cannabinoids

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused as to the appearance of your JWH-018. Brownish lump? I was under the impression it should be bright bee pollen yellow, and waxy crystalline like DMT.

Wow that sounds absolutely terrible. It's good you had some xanax to at least take some of the feelings away... I have no interest in trying this chemical or the other new analogues that have recently come out.

yo i think thats the same stuff in the "spice" mixtures. its flame!

I'm confused as to the appearance of your JWH-018. Brownish lump? I was under the impression it should be bright bee pollen yellow, and waxy crystalline like DMT.

Yeah, there is some debate on that. I can't go to far into right now because it would get into source discussion, but it's basically one persons word versus another persons word right. My instinct is that it shouldn't be brown like this, but that's just a guess.

Wow that sounds absolutely terrible. It's good you had some xanax to at least take some of the feelings away... I have no interest in trying this chemical or the other new analogues that have recently come out.

Yeah, I'm sooo glad I had multiple types of benzo's just in case.

It is said the JWHs can cause anxiety in some people because they can be extremely potent. Is it possible that what you experienced was a form of anxiety? I ask this because I've had one or two anxiety attacks (not from JWH) where I had similar physical symptoms like what you described.

the 018 I got was bright yellow

its intense psychological trip. I won't smoke it anymore actually because it sends me to a dark place. If you have the 073, try that one...be prepared for something TOTALLY different...they really are night and day in terms of euphoria/psychological aspects.

I'm a daily smoker and for a long time haven't had any anxiety from weed that I couldn't think, smile or breathe my way out of. And overall I found 073 benign. This report, however, makes me want to bury the 018 in the back of my freezer and forget about it. Maybe someday, but definitely starting small (>1mg).

My sample is a brownish lump as well.

it has a sorta neutral taste...hard to describe...my friend actually likes the taste...its like a slightly chemical plant taste is the closest I can get to describing it.

Hmm that's a odd experience. I haven't read much into the new analogues but I think I may now do so since it's becoming more popular. I'll have to try and get my hands on some and then let you all know what happens.

Good report btw, and sorry you had such a bad/odd experience.

-dp

It is said the JWHs can cause anxiety in some people because they can be extremely potent. Is it possible that what you experienced was a form of anxiety? I ask this because I've had one or two anxiety attacks (not from JWH) where I had similar physical symptoms like what you described.

Yeah, I've had one anxiety attack when I was younger but this was not that. There was definitely anxiety, and for a bit I though I may have an anxiety attack on top of the rest of the stuff, but I managed to hold it together.

The effects were definitely from being way too high. I've been high on weed to the point that I can't communicate, but I've never felt bad. Just happy and stupid. This was so different than being really stoned.

---

Yeah, Gaian, it definitely seems like it may still be sinister at lower doses. I just can't imagine that body feeling being pleasant at any dose. I'm not saying everyone is going to experience something like this, but I urge everyone to start as small as they possibly can and wait at least 10 minutes before taking another puff. I just don't want anyone else to go through what I did, haha.

Brown stuff is impure (naughty vendor). Leaves noticeable residue, tastes like turpentine, bad bad bad! Yellow material is much purer, waxy crystalline as Coolio said, not sticky brown crap.

Expect to see a whole lot more of this with people eyeballing their doses, sigh (to the OP, I do not mean you, though maybe use a better scale next time, or solvents to get volumetric accuracy). 1-2mg should be FINE for those without a tolerance, I suffer panic attacks from cannabis often if I use it so this is not unfounded confidence by someone who is not affected in this way. That said you have said you are affected very strongly by cannabis (though again, i'd describe myself as the same..), so maybe try half as much next time, if there is to be a next time that is..!

Last edited:
I'll probably eventually try again at a VERY small dose (200mcg?) and see how that is. I can absolutely guarantee you the dose I took was not above 2.25mg, and was most likely about 1-1.5mg. I am often affected by substances much more than others, so keep that in mind (15mg of 4-AcO-DiPT gave me ego splitting for instance).

I've only tried jwh-073 which I enjoy as a replacement for weed when I've run out, but find it doesn't last as long as weed, I'm pretty interested in giving -018 a go. Thanks for the report :)

hold up

are these synthetic cannabinoids technically legal? could i snatch em up off rc vendors or are they more openly sold.

im sorry you had a bad time but i am a pothead with a capital fucking P and I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE to try some synthetics just to be able to say i had. i know you had a bad experience but you dont really have any weed tolerance and i would kill to be able to get that fucking high again off the wonderful plant that is marijuana.

If you're in America, not really. It depends how good a lawyer you have.

Under part A(iii), which can stand alone and is sufficient by itself to cause a substance to be classed as an analogue, any substance which is represented as having similar effects to a controlled drug will be treated as if it were that controlled drug. If you sold ordinary dextrose for the purpose of human consumption, but advertised it as being "like cocaine", you could be prosecuted as if the sugar were actually cocaine.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Analog_Act

I doubt you'd have an easy time convincing a judge it wasn't for human consumption if you buy it from a website that specifically talks about humans consuming it. Also, the stuff going around right now is really suspicious.

tastes like turpentine
What the hell? Unreacted naphthalene?

Last edited:
nuke, I do not know, it's rather worrying huh. That's what it tastes like to me, on the few occasions i've tried it (it was free, why not ya know :p) before returning to my own material (yellow, dry, waxy crystalline, does not taste of turpentine - rather, it has a subtle "chemical" taste).
Naphthalene is not used in the synthesis, however. Possibly if it were distilled not under vacuum and decomposition occurred, maybe, but this is pure speculation.

Have you noticed any significant differences between the yellow, waxy type and the brown type besides color, smoke taste, and residue? Any differences in mental/body effects?

I smoked the last 2mg I had on a bowl of ganja recently. Got baked as all hell, ended up staring at the floor practically drooling on my feet.

I like it :)