Where Were U in ‘92?

JoeTheStoner

Bluelighter
excerpt from Exclaim.ca
"I'm not looking to bring something back. It's more just my vibe I carry through the music. It's the vibe that's gone now. It's totally gone now but I remember it. That's the thing that inspires me. I write from that place." Where Were U In '92? is as much a true rave record as it is a tribute. Oftentimes, it feels as original as the fuckin' Prodigy's "Outta Space" or Altern-8's "Activ 8," mainly because he simply has the skills to make tunes on par with them. He utilizes 303s, 808s, 909s, air sirens, oscillating bass, whiplash break beats, sped-up vocals, soulful divas, they're all in there!
this some great tunes. any1 else gave it a listen ? u can preview it @ beatport or http://www.juno.co.uk/products/334723-01.htm

I was 19.

I think I was listening to Aphex Twin, Meat Beat Manifesto, Ministry, KMFDM, etc.

A lot of the rave type stuff I was exposed to at the time didn't appeal to me.

The stuff the original poster linked to still isn't my cup of tea. It sounds a little corny and unoriginal.

Hahah it does sound corny but that's the "vibe" I think. I dug it. Made me want to bust out my
mickey_gloves.jpg

Hahah it does sound corny but that's the "vibe" I think. I dug it. Made me want to bust out my
mickey_gloves.jpg

I used to party with this gay guy that liked to wear those when he was "up."

He's in jail now for being a dumbass.

:(

^ lol, nice gloves damien!

i can understand "corny", you could say the same about tracks from the prodigy's 1st album "experience" from '92 ( wind it up , your love ) and can't forget Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era

personally i can still remember the day i dubbed the prodigy's first album, playing it at school and kids were like " wtf is this ". ah to be young. such a happy time in life
and this record from zomby takes me right back to that time.

last sounds ill throw out, L.A.O.S. - 1990s ( SPIN005 / 2008 ) :)

I gave this album a proper listen and I've changed my mind some.

Stand out tracks for me are:

Need Ur Lovin

B With Me

^ lol, nice gloves damien!

i can understand "corny", you could say the same about tracks from the prodigy's 1st album "experience" from '92 ( wind it up , your love ) and can't forget Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era

personally i can still remember the day i dubbed the prodigy's first album, playing it at school and kids were like " wtf is this ". ah to be young. such a happy time in life
and this record from zomby takes me right back to that time.

last sounds ill throw out, L.A.O.S. - 1990s ( SPIN005 / 2008 ) :)

awesome tracks.

This was my favorite from 92.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acuqK51ozPU&fmt=18

Too many good tracks to name. I was rolling hard the first time I heard this track out and it was absolutely blissful. I am not one that likes piano generally but this is one of the rare exceptions.

I was 2 years of age and developing my at that time massive vocabulary of 300+ words which my parents oddly enough recorded.

I was 16 and listening to Happy Mondays, cocteau twins, smiths,verve, slowdive - all the she gazing music. thankfully missed/ sidestepped that whole house/ rave thing that went on