Sonic Groove Presents: 2002 - A SPACE ODDITY, Dec 31st @ LUNATRIUM (nyc)

Tech Kinetics

Bluelighter
Dumboluna Entertainment, Sonic Groove Records, Digital Domain, and Infrastructure present
a very special New Years Event
2002 - A SPACE ODDITY
Monday, December 31st 2001
9pm till ?
Main Floor:
Frankie Bones- Sonic Groove
Adam X - Sonic Groove
Heather Heart - Sonic Groove
Function - Infrastructure
Alan Sax - Digital Domain
Ulysess - Scatalogics
Brennan Green - Sonic Groove
Darby Jones - EnergyNYC.com
In the Venus Lounge:
Energy! Productions and Stuck on Earth presents The Love Sound Project
Chris Love, Billy Belmont, Miss Casey, Peter Avengelista
+ special guests along with Ricardo!
$35 before 10, $45 after or $40 with costume ($35 past 3.33)
21 to enter with ID
Info Lines and Support:
Sonic Groove - 212.675.5284
Digital Domain - 212.592.3676
EnergyNYC.com - 212.592.4512
Lunatarium.com
SONIC GROOVE RECORDS
ENERGY! NYC
at
The Lunatarium
10 jay street
brooklyn, NY
718-813-8404
LUNATARIUM.COM
[ 20 December 2001: Message edited by: abygale ]

this will probably be the last decent event @ this location now that its been posted on the web, and yuppies have been infiltrating our parties there for the most recent months. its a shame really, but at least they'll get one more good event out of it.

yeah, this shit should not be posted here. ewww. anyway, yeah, the lunatarium is blown up. i hope jason and chrome find a new venue sooooon. they were handing out flyers for synchronic outside my sister's high school!!!!!!!!!!!! she said her and her friends were even thinking of hitting it up (they're cool and all, but they're 13) anyway, Ms Jerzay, are you going to this shiz? me and nybz will be in full effect...

I would edit it but the Moderator's for this Forum would fix it anyways.
Anyhow I've never been to the venue but I love the lineup!
If anyone could tell me more about the venue and its location I'd be more than happy to delete this post. I'd really like to know how big the dance floor is, Lighting setup?, sound??
And by the way I really don't think that anyone would care about this party because Techno has greatly Diminished at parties lately and it has been extremely rare to hear a full techno lineup like this anywhere on the East Coast.
How often do you see a headlining Techno DJ at a NY party???
Most people from the Tri-state area would prefer to go to a Trance party on New Years anyways!
If it works out perfectly, then the better it is for Sonic Groove to throw a party in Manhatten at a well known location anyways right?
I'm actually doing them a favor for posting this.

dazzle!!! hello :) it's too bad you're not going. it'd be good to see you. you should go for a little while if you can... oh, and, i forgot to tell you, i have your little toy dog, i'll bring it down and give it to your or mookie next weekend.

well...i'm not comming out on nye this year. so i deffinately wont be here...i dont know if i'd go anyway, probably...but whatever. i'd have trouble w/ the 'rents and i dont really think that this is the perfect night for me to lie. i hate that shit, but i have next year, and the year after that, and the many more years to come to enjoy nye. i love my parents and i dont really feel like fucking up right now :) i'll be out that saturday tho, and the next weeeknd uv course, so it doesnt really matter.
i'm sure we'll find another venue! we always do ;)
[ 22 December 2001: Message edited by: jerzeezfinest ]

well...i hear what you guys are sayin...but I am sort of thankful for this posting right now..my boy and I were tryin to find a real party..we live in CT an area who knows nothin about real parties any more, and well we're not as up to date because the scene down here is full of so many yuppies that we havent been partyin too much any more. anyways, you kids are smart tryin to keep it real..not enough in this country are about that any more

^^^
I agree. I didnt even catch this line of his post the first time around....
You really dont see why we DONT want to throw parties @ big mainstream venues in manhattan? why we DONT want this shit on the web? ::shakes her head:: its sad really...that people with this mentality even have the ability to access what should be such secure information.

No I know exactly what you mean, you want to keep things underground and I know exactly where you are coming from.
Everyone has different views about the scene.
My view is different from yours, I'm trying to push techno back in the party scene.
I don't mind going to Guernica all the time but I would actually like to see Ny's finest techno DJ's a lot more than once every 2 months at bigger venues.
And plus you know very well that the promoters of this party are trying to make money just like everyone else so why bust my balls about it??
If anything, we should be demoting shittier productions companies like Maddness Enterntainment and Stuck On Earth.

cus you know this party is gonna go mainstream when its posted on bluelight and every trl teenie is gonna show up now. the nerve of some people...

Maybe I'm the one not getting it. This single post on BL is gonna make the underground scene mainstream? Wow. The power of BL.
And even if that were the case why do you feel that this information is "yours" and should not be provided/shared. This is not a private party.
I was never much for high-horses.
~Erik

Tech Kinetics: sonic groove may be trying to make a little money, but i highly doubt they'd approve of what you have done here. I highly suggest that you think a littl harder next time before posting such information...no, ONE post isnt going to RUIN the underground--but it will be the BEGINNING OF THE END IF THIS CONTINUES!!!!! obviously, we've showed you that WE, the PATRONS, of the underground do not appreciate it, and that sonic groove would not appreciate it...I dont know the people from sonic groove, but I DO know the people from Virus, Havoc, Blackkat, Mach, and others--and this would NOT be okay with them. So, this post has already been made--and there is no way to take it back--but PLEASE do not do this again.

actualy cass, there is a way to take it back ;) its called the delete post button. hehe

actually, Steve...what I meant was--most of the damage has probably already been done ;)

I think what Dazzle (and know that I) was trying to say--was that there is an entire world full of parties that are small-intimate gatherings of people that've been partying together for a long time...the information for those parties does not belong here, or on any other widely accessed website resembling this one.
these parties ARE posted on the web, but in what are *mostly* secure locations--ie: mailing lists! Besides, those websites arent updated regularly and do not really contain much information about parties that we throw each week...the blackkat site for example, usually only lists the larger events (which still shouldnt be posted here!) not their small gatherings that happen each week.
Most information pertaining to the parties thrown by the people I know and love is usually only accessible through our mailing lists, fone lines, and by word of mouth.
And no---it probably wouldnt be the end of the world, just that what we attempt to keep sacred will be taken and spat upon by the e-tards and yuppies that think they're participating in the hottest new thing because they're "underground" now. People that frequent this "scene" are trying to work hard to keep it the way we like it, which is truly underground; when somebody comes here and blows up an AMAZING spot--we take that personally...I know I do.
This isnt about being elite--this is about keeping the underground where it belongs!
ohhh yea--and one more thing. about feeling "cool"? I dont give a flying fuck what anyone here thinks about me, I couldnt care less...What I DO care about though, is what happens to my community as a result of instances such as this!!!

Ummm... this IS a 21 and over party. I'm not going to get all bent that it's posted on bluelight. Every secret gets revealed. (And yeah, those sites are not updated for non-flyer parties. Meaning, if they're on the site, they are perfectly legal, and never would it be the end of the world by posting a link)
I guess what disapponited me was seeing The Lunatarium, that has been know for smaller, non-promoted parties, go LARGE.
Sonic Grove legally rented this buliding and they're throwing a big party on New Years Eve. Fliers for this are everywhere. ONE PERSON can not singlehandedly blow up a spot.MOST OF US WERE ALREADY GOING! Most of us, already knew about this party before this was posted. In hindsite I guess I was dissappointed that Sonic Grove really promotes this. Seeing a thread on BL for The Lunatarium was just the icing on the S.O.L cake.
But on the other hand this party is going to be the shit. A lot of people are going. They could have thrown another $10 warehouse party like last year, but they didn't. They must intend for eveyone to come or we wouldn't know about it. IT'S 21 AND OVER! Most poeple who have heard about the party can't even go anyway. So I'm not sweating it.
"Underground will live for ever baby"
-Daz
PS... anyone going to see Frankie Bones and Heather Heart Sunday?

anyway, is anyone actually going to this? i wanna meet some of you bluelight heads...

I totally agree with jerzeezfinest, but dumboluna was over after the burningman thing anyway...every body in the city knows it and the flyers are everywhere..its not like Mark calls you and invites you, and you have to buzz from downstairs anymore...