Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug traffickers: friend or foe.

expothead

Bluelighter
I know this isn't harm reduction related but i'm curious for other Australians opinions on drug traffickers.

Do you see them as low forms of life feeding on the addictions of others or merely someone looking to make a fast, albeit illegal, buck?

I must be well and truly in the latter camp because it annoys and upsets me hearing others (eg. press or politicians) refer to traffickers as to blame for the deaths of others. It seems like this is just another case of not accepting the responsibilities for your own actions.

If I was an alcoholic would i have the right to blame the dude in the bottle shop? or more to the point, the guy (or gal) that drove the truck that delivered the grog?

Maybe i'm dumb (or stoned) but can someone please tell me what the difference is, and why there is so much hatred directed against the traffickers? is it merely to make the death penalties seem reasonable? (and death penalties keep the prices high and protect the established traders interests... shit. now i'm getting all conspiracy theorist)

Perhaps my attitude is just biased...

Haha, good question.

I dont see drug traffickers as too bad. They bring in the things I like to use. However, that being said, I wouldn't like to deal with them directly myself. I imagine some of them would be into other unsavoury things :p

I see them as a distant friend :)

Make no mistake, this is a war. Until governments legalise and control drugs, like they do with literally 1000's of other drugs, the drug trade will be run by thugs and crooks with no interest in safety or morals. There are a lot of honest, good and trustworthy people in the trade, but there is a strong undercurrent of greed and intimidation.

Well lets just say if I was "Hypothetically" trafficking I imagine I'd be a good hearted and moral one :) but the majority are wanks

I wouldn't even say that on an internet forum but thats up to you.

People here involved refuse to even use mobile phones to discuss drug deals.

There are a lot of crooks and thugs, there are a fair few nice guys, and their are a lot of good people who have gotten a little too caught up in it.
But the drug trade is like any other business, the ones at the top are the real criminals trying to rob us of as much money as possible.

The good ones are the guys out there that just want us to be safe and have a good time.

demonising drug traffickers gives a generic face to the "problem" and gives a focus for peoples anger, etc. The same way the war on terror targets "muslim extremists"

Theres probably a wide range of 'types' of drug traffickers. Some are in it for the money, some are trying to spread the PLUR (probs more common with psychedelics), i dont really feel comfortable stereotyping all traffickers/users/producers into a category because it will always be incaccurate.

I know that if i ever got into the producing game (which i'm not and dont plan to be) it wouldnt be about the money. Top quality drugs at low, low prices. Now i feel like a carpet salesman =D

We've gone mad! All drugs must go! Thats right we're getting raided next week so we've halved prices.
Meth, pills, blotters, K, it's all gotta go!
We must be high to be selling at such low prices!

We've gone mad! All drugs must go! Thats right we're getting raided next week so we've halved prices.
Meth, pills, blotters, K, it's all gotta go!
We must be high to be selling at such low prices!

LOL! Oh God, please let me life to see such a day. If a brother can crib in the white house, I have hope.

i definitely don't see them as scum. they provide something that we all want and enjoy, and just happen to make alot of money out of it because it just happens to be illegal.

depends on whether personal profit is the primary intent. LSD and DMT enablers are compensated according to really the cost of bringing the materials to you, often at a personal loss. much respect and props.

speed/ket mixture pushers selling this as a tropane alcaloid should be shot.

inventors of new sacrements should all be issued a roomfull of Cray stacks, GCMS and NMR setups as well as personal Large Hadron Colliders. as well as given Eagle Scout badges.

Drug Traffickers are like trade unions, a necessary evil to get us what we want.

And yes there are goood and bad in all.....

Definitely friend. They fill a need, they supply a demand that's out there. The reason that they are criminals and that drugs support all the fucked up stuff associated with organised crime is because drugs are illegal.

I for example can't get anything at the moment and it's pissing me off since I'm dying for a spliff.

Since most of the weed in my area is outdoor grown, and this is the worst time of year for that.
Nothing around, I know how you feel.

I agree with baysieguy1.

Some one's gotta do it, they cop all the bad reputation, same as politicians, but they are a necessary evil.

... and their are a lot of good people who have gotten a little too caught up in it...

I presume its the kind of constantly anxious condition that changes people's objectives for the worst. A friend of a friend of someone I know was jailed recently, apparently he started off simply as the guy bulk buying so he could divide it with all his friends cheaply, and I heard by the time he got raided the cops found guns in his house and all sorts of unpleasant stuff. The channels by which drugs are available are of much more concern than the drugs themselves.

a neccessary evil most are quite nice i have made many friends this way

I agree that they're far from the most moral people, most (and I generalise here) are opportunistic and driven only by greed. I'm talking about those who move amounts in the commercial range.

Still, if these people didn't exist or they all got caught tomorrow, the war on drugs would be over... and not in a way that would make many of us happy.

Think about it. The higher you rise in the chain, the greedier you will become whether you like it or not.

With the risk for pushing larger amounts, no matter how much faith you have in humanity, the joy in people's faces is going to rapidly decline as the motivation for breaking the law.

Friend oooo definitely friends.... They have what I want, although some of them are just scum but I guess that comes with drugs alone.