• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

I was reading over the first few posts I made that describe how to go through the process and made a few edits to make it shorter, easier, and less confusing.

Here it is...

You will need:
- .5ml or 1ml syringe
- high proof alcohol - unflavored/spiced vodka or rum.
- a bottle cap or spoon
- Q-tips

Step 1: Crush desired amount of Suboxone in a bottle cap or spoon.
Step 2: For every 1mg of Suboxone, draw up .25ml of alcohol. If you're using 3mg of Suboxone, that would mean you'd need .75ml.
Step 3: Add alcohol to the Suboxone in the cap or spoon. Stir till it is dissolved well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
Step 4: Bunch the cotton up into a few pea-sized pieces.
Step 5: Place cotton into the cap or spoon until it is all soaked up by the cottons. Try to use as few pieces as possible.
Step 6: Place the cotton under your tongue, leaving them in until they are completely white again, which is usually at about the same time you are no longer able to taste the alcohol, while trying not to swallow any of the alcohol. Eventually you can, but for the first 5 - 10 minutes, try to hold as much in as possible.

I've had a few people message me asking why you need to use cotton for this. The answer is, you don't, but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to work with the solution. Getting it in your mouth and under your tongue any other way is tricky, while just soaking it up with cotton and placing them under your tongue is much more simple.

- high proof alcohol - unflavored/spiced vodka or rum.

Gin works well too.

I know what you mean though about explaining as to why cotton is just easier - people have asked me how to get a <2mg dose out of a N8, then they ask how do I get it underneath my tongue. Obviously I don't sublingual it so that isn't an issue for me, but I suggested using a spoon, or using a cotton. I think the cotton would be a lot easier (and a lot less messy), whereas the only easier solution would be to use an oral syringe.

Depending on how long you're going to be doing this, an oral syringe may or may not be cheaper than using cottons.

Thank you for the clarification, 6/7. I think this will help a lot of BL'ers understandings about how to potentiate Suboxone, while still getting a long duration of effects.

^ No problem; I think it needed to be clarified after reading the post and realizing how confusing it sounded. Looking back on it with fresh eyes holed.

In the original post, I edited that to say "highest proof alcohol immediately available to you" or something like that, but forgot to edit that in the above post. I will do that now. Any alcohol will work, but the higher the proof, the better.

I tried a few methods before settling on cotton. I tried pouring the solution under my tongue with a spoon, with the cap that goes over the plunger on a needle, and with an oral syringe (even used a syringe with a needle once!) and cotton just turned out to be the easiest way to do it, by far.

If you buy a box of Q-tips, you can get 600 - 800 uses out of the box - each Q-tip yielding 3 - 4 balls of cotton. So unless you plan on doing this for years, an oral syringe and a box of Q-tips are about the same price, so it just comes down to which method you find to be easier. You shouldn't need to do this process for too long though because I designed it more for people to use when tapering, BUT it can be used by anyone who just wants to get more out of their Suboxone while using less.

^ No problem; I think it needed to be clarified after reading the post and realizing how confusing it sounded. Looking back on it with fresh eyes holed.

In the original post, I edited that to say "highest proof alcohol immediately available to you" or something like that, but forgot to edit that in the above post. I will do that now. Any alcohol will work, but the higher the proof, the better.

I tried a few methods before settling on cotton. I tried pouring the solution under my tongue with a spoon, with the cap that goes over the plunger on a needle, and with an oral syringe (even used a syringe with a needle once!) and cotton just turned out to be the easiest way to do it, by far.

If you buy a box of Q-tips, you can get 600 - 800 uses out of the box - each Q-tip yielding 3 - 4 balls of cotton. So unless you plan on doing this for years, an oral syringe and a box of Q-tips are about the same price, so it just comes down to which method you find to be easier. You shouldn't need to do this process for too long though because I designed it more for people to use when tapering, BUT it can be used by anyone who just wants to get more out of their Suboxone while using less.

The way I would do it, since I'm on such a low dose, is use a few cottons I get from the exchange - they're these super small cotton balls, perfect to stick on the end of a needle. I typically never used them but I used one today. But not for this method...something else.

does anyone have anythoughts on how this technique might work with other opioids?
i know most other opioids arent dosed sublingually to begin with but i figured it was worth looking into. Even in the BA megathread the original BA for many opiods used Sl arent listed, sooo what gives? is it just that SL doesnt work? or inst significant? or is it possibly really good just unknown? whats everyone think?

Buprenorphine has shitty BA via all routes, except IV, sublingual just happens to be higher than all the others. Other opiates have high enough BA via traditional routes, making sublingual dosing useless. If alcohol did increase the BA for other opiates, it would still be lower than other methods, which is why you don`t see anyone doing it.

Also. most opiates that are commonly abused are used IV, which is 100% BA. You can`t beat that, plain and simple.

I think I've heard of fentanyl patches (the non-gel kind?) being used in that manner but most other opiates you wouldn't use sublingually I believe (obviously other than buprenorphine).

Wow maybe I can do this to get the most out of it and some euphoria when I srop dow instead of getting into bad IV habits instead. I have over ayear supply, this might maye it a 2 year supply. :p 4 year supply after next months Rx. Damn I don't want to use suboxone for even a year I don't know what I'm going to do with it all.

Since taking Suboxone my alcohol usage has plummeted to pretty much nothing, maybe 1-2 beers a month. Just don't feel like I need it.

But when you do drink on Suboxone, you may get intoxicated faster. Also, don't drink more than say 6 beers, or you will feel absolutely absurdly shit the next day with a prolonged nauseating hangover.

In conclusion, alcohol & suboxone don't mix well at all.

Since taking Suboxone my alcohol usage has plummeted to pretty much nothing, maybe 1-2 beers a month. Just don't feel like I need it.

But when you do drink on Suboxone, you may get intoxicated faster. Also, don't drink more than say 6 beers, or you will feel absolutely absurdly shit the next day with a prolonged nauseating hangover.

In conclusion, alcohol & suboxone don't mix well at all.

You didn't read and or completely missed the point of this thread.

I really cant even drink anymore.. Been on subs for a year now, and everytime i drink a beer or two, it just makes me nauseous.

But, as for this thread and the increasing BA, I normally shoot my subs, but tried this tonight for the hell of it. Its pretty cool, i enjoy shooting my dose up more tho. Thanks for the info!

I have been on suboxone for a very long time. I am going on my 4th year after a heavy oxy and h habit. I haven't gone back to my DOCs, but I would say I am heavily addicted to subs.

I have been insufflating between 2-4 mgs a day for the last 6 months. For the last two months I have been on 4 mgs.

My doctor lowered my dose this month, and I ended up with 6 mg to last me 4 days until I visit him again. I tried this method hoping it would help me preserve my stash.

I followed 6/7s directions pretty closely. I used 1.5 mg w/ ~1 ml Belvedere Vodka. I used two pea sized balls of cottons and stuck them under my tongue for at least 10 minutes. (Suprisingly, this was not unpleasant at all.)

The only thing I missed was that I did not let the solution sit for 5 minutes after mixing.

I am not feeling nearly as well as I would if I had taken my normal 4 mg insufflated. Do you think I might have messed up by not letting the solution sit for a while?

I am guessing that the BA is not increased enough for me to lower the dose by so much.

^ 1.5mg under the tongue - even with alcohol - is not going to be nearly as potent as 4mg snorted.

And yeah, even though it does increase the BA, it doesn't increase it as drastically as you are expecting. For 1.5mg to feel like 4mg snorted, it would have to increase the BA by over 100%. Alcohol only adds about a 50% increase, which with 1.5mg would make it equal to about 2.25mg.

Thank you for your reply. You are both a gentleman and a scholar.
I have decided to give this another go. I am currently prescribed 3 mg a day. I do not do well below 4 mg a day insufflated. It's like I hit a wall and anything below 4 mgs makes me depressed. I am hoping your method will help me while I continue on my taper.
If your numbers are correct, Taking 3 mg using an alcohol solution should be equivalent to ~4.5 mg insufflated.
I intend on using the belvedere vodka I used last time.
How much of a difference would it make to use higher proof alcohol?

Tomorrow will be the first day I try this. I plan on reporting back to let everyone know how well it works. Thanks again!

Hello again,

it has been my experience that the ba of suboxone when insufflated is higher than that of the belvedere alcohol solution. I have tested the same dose using both methods. Yesterday I used the instructions described in this thread with 3 mg suboxone. I felt decent at first, but as the day wore on I started to get sore, tired and depressed.
Today I insufflated 3 mg of suboxone and felt quite a rush. This was 7 hours ago, and I still feel pretty fantastic overall. I believe the reason for the rush is because I had minor very very minor withdrawals yesterday.

For me, insufflation of suboxone has always been the best roa. I think it hits me harder than most people. I must have a very absorbent nasal cavity.

So far, I would rate suboxone roas as follows:
sublingual->6/7's alcoholic solution method -> insufflation.

I will try again tomorrow with grain alcohol to see if it makes a difference!

It's amazing how people are different. In no means am I disputing this method. I think it is a very good alternative to other roas and I am very mch considering using it to save my nose if it works as efficiently as insufflation with a higher proof of alcohol.
Thanks again 6/7!

Hey all,
New to the forums (obviously). I've been reading through the threads for several days now and this seems like an excellent community for addicts/recovering addicts.
My background;
I'm 23. Been addicted to opiates since I was 19 off and on, but mostly on. Started with Norcos, moved to oxycodone 30/mg, to OC, then to heroin. When at my peak, I was IV'ing approximately a gram to a gram and a half a day (dependent on funds of course). I was on methadone for about 6 months which became a terrible experience when I started to taper down from my normal 120 mg dose. Started really feeling like hell when I got down to about 25-35 mg's. The w/d's were hell, which caused me to relapse. Got on suboxone which is, IMO a miracle drug. I did great on the program, weened myself down after about a year of a 8 mg/day dose. I got off the suboxone by myself and was clean of all opiates for about 4 months. Just in the past month have I relapsed. Taking between 90-180 mg's of oxycodone. So here I am now, attempting to get clean again. Bought about (5) 8 mg subs and got directed here after a google search for finding a better ROA then the normal sublingual method. I tried 6/7's alcohol solution method today and was amazingly surprised at the effectiveness. So thanks! This forum is filled with a ton of great information and from what I see, a great group of people as well.

Just wanted to say what's up. And I think I may stick around for a bit...

^Glad to hear we could help! IF you were really desperate to increase the absorption a little more, snorting makes the drug absorb about twice as effectively. I'm currently tapering with a tiny amount of sub off of a moderate morphine/ oxycodone addiction and the amount I snort to get good effects is really astonishing... Like 1/16 of a pill or so (more or less given my tolerance at the time)...

Welcome to BL and we hope you stay!

Appreciate it man. Yeah, I snort them sometimes. But they always clog my nose and I've been trying to stop snorting drugs because I did it so much in the past. It always reminds me of when I used to get wrecked from sniffing OC's and dope before I started IV'ing. I don't IV anything anymore either, I am absolutely positive that even holding a syringe would be a major trigger. My stomach turns when I see people shoot up. Even on TV. Pretty damn shitty actually. It immediately puts me into that addict state of mind, where all I want to do is get high.

Hello again,

it has been my experience that the ba of suboxone when insufflated is higher than that of the belvedere alcohol solution. I have tested the same dose using both methods. Yesterday I used the instructions described in this thread with 3 mg suboxone. I felt decent at first, but as the day wore on I started to get sore, tired and depressed.
Today I insufflated 3 mg of suboxone and felt quite a rush. This was 7 hours ago, and I still feel pretty fantastic overall. I believe the reason for the rush is because I had minor very very minor withdrawals yesterday.

For me, insufflation of suboxone has always been the best roa. I think it hits me harder than most people. I must have a very absorbent nasal cavity.

So far, I would rate suboxone roas as follows:
sublingual->6/7's alcoholic solution method -> insufflation.

I will try again tomorrow with grain alcohol to see if it makes a difference!

It's amazing how people are different. In no means am I disputing this method. I think it is a very good alternative to other roas and I am very mch considering using it to save my nose if it works as efficiently as insufflation with a higher proof of alcohol.
Thanks again 6/7!

Yeah, when you snort or IV buprenorphine, it comes on quicker than sublingual dosing. I can understand you like snorting it better than 6/7's method. I think people become accustomed to a quicker onset of effects, and prefer that heavily to a higher BA/longer more 'drawn out' effects.

6/7's method is definitely better than plain sublingual use though. :)

^I definitely agree that 6/7s method is MUCH better than plain old sublingual. And I also agree that snorting is more pleasurable. As a matter of fact, if I take 3 mg in the morning and then 1 mg at night, some days I get a little nod going after the second dosing. I have noticed this happening probably twice a week. Bupe is such a weird drug!

I tried 6/7s method again with grain alcohol and found it to be noticeably better than when using belvedere.

I plan on stopping insufflation because I have been doing it for close to a year now (I said 6 months in my last post, but unfortunately that was not accurate) and do not want to develop any long-term damage to my nasal cavity. I will be switching to 6/7's method and will be using grain alcohol.

Thank you again a million times sixpartseven!!