PDA

View Full Version : (bupe) Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

thisisntmyrealname
04-04-2010, 01:08
^I definitely agree that 6/7s method is MUCH better than plain old sublingual. And I also agree that snorting is more pleasurable. As a matter of fact, if I take 3 mg in the morning and then 1 mg at night, some days I get a little nod going after the second dosing. I have noticed this happening probably twice a week. Bupe is such a weird drug!

I tried 6/7s method again with grain alcohol and found it to be noticeably better than when using belvedere.

I plan on stopping insufflation because I have been doing it for close to a year now (I said 6 months in my last post, but unfortunately that was not accurate) and do not want to develop any long-term damage to my nasal cavity. I will be switching to 6/7's method and will be using grain alcohol.

Thank you again a million times sixpartseven!!

Oxydation
04-04-2010, 04:59
I'm doing this as we speak, and Everclear burned like a bitch.

When I try this tomorrow, I'm going to further it by brushing under my tongue using a pinch of chewing tobacco. That should open up the vessels nice and well ;o

monstanoodle
04-04-2010, 05:41
It's likely to do the opposite seeing as Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor. You'd get better results from using mouthwash.

thisisntmyrealname
04-04-2010, 06:45
Interesting concept. Forgive me for not warning that it burns! I am able to put up with large amounts of pain and discomforting smells/tastes in the name of staying well.

Try using the smallest amount of alcohol possible, and when you put the cotton under your tongue, do not compress the cotton by pushing down. Just let it sit there until the burning sensation goes away, then you can slowly compress the cotton with your tongue.

Best of luck!

Captain.Heroin
04-04-2010, 07:13
As a matter of fact, if I take 3 mg in the morning and then 1 mg at night, some days I get a little nod going after the second dosing. I have noticed this happening probably twice a week. Bupe is such a weird drug!

I suspect that 1mg is giving you better effects, because buprenorphine is a better agonist in lower doses.

I theorize this, because I began having a rush and a rather enjoyable high once I tapered down to 25%, and now 10% of my original starting dose.

Your results may vary, but there's no harm in trying a lower dose - you can always take more if needed. :)

Good luck on switching to 6/7's method!

Yes, it does burn. While the burn may be unpleasant, the total amount of time you spend with the pill dissolving underneath your tongue is less this way (for me, this is a blessing in disguise).

I found it more unpleasant when I would vomit before the pill matter was done dissolving. :(

sixpartseven
05-04-2010, 22:30
^ Yeah, there is a HUGE difference in the amount of time it takes to absorb the Suboxone with the alcoholic solution vs. taking the whole pill sublingually. Not only is the pill already broken up and dissolved into solution, ready to be absorbed immediately, but the alcohol helps speed up the process as well.

^I definitely agree that 6/7s method is MUCH better than plain old sublingual. And I also agree that snorting is more pleasurable. As a matter of fact, if I take 3 mg in the morning and then 1 mg at night, some days I get a little nod going after the second dosing. I have noticed this happening probably twice a week. Bupe is such a weird drug!

I tried 6/7s method again with grain alcohol and found it to be noticeably better than when using belvedere.

I plan on stopping insufflation because I have been doing it for close to a year now (I said 6 months in my last post, but unfortunately that was not accurate) and do not want to develop any long-term damage to my nasal cavity. I will be switching to 6/7's method and will be using grain alcohol.

Thank you again a million times sixpartseven!!

Awesome, I'm glad it works for you.

One of the main reasons behind all the experimentation I did with this was to find an alternative to snorting and IVing for those of us who didn't want to use those routes. Personally, I think this method is the closest you can get to getting the most out of your Suboxone without "abusing" it (using it other than how it is prescribed). You're not bypassing anything; you're taking it sublingually; and there should be no objection from doctors for adding a tiny bit of alcohol to the mix because, after all, the trials done with Suboxone were done with alcoholic solutions, NOT tablets. Of course, don't go telling your doctor your using this method, because they probably won't see things the same way.

When I try this tomorrow, I'm going to further it by brushing under my tongue using a pinch of chewing tobacco. That should open up the vessels nice and well ;o

Tobacco will not help.

Harley3311
10-04-2010, 00:50
Jesus I thought Id take advantage of the fact that my dad makes moonshine 200% proof and that I am perscribed suboxone. This is my first time trying this but I want to do it right... I mixed up 1mg moonshine and 4mg sub... omg I seriously had tears rolling down my cheecks (from moonshine) and my face feels like I just did coke lol. Im positive i've used one of the most potent alcohols that you can illegally get your hands on so ill post if I feel a difference as I have it in my mouth now...

Harley3311
10-04-2010, 00:53
...But I dont know if I could do the moonshine again, I dont know if you guys have ever had it but it will seriously take your breath away and makes even the most manly man shead a tear, I hope that it works though cause otherwise I just wasted my dose and some taste buds!

Harley3311
10-04-2010, 01:30
Well for the first time in my life I actually FEEL my dose, though I dont know if this is a good or bad thing, I mean does this tech mean I took a higher dose?

Oxydation
11-04-2010, 07:45
The only reason I thought that chewing tobacco might help is that it has fiberglass and other additives in it that open up the blow vessels and allow the nicotine in.

You really think that it doesn't help any?

oliphill
20-04-2010, 16:33
I've got 6 X 8mg Subutex. I need these to last as long as possible. So thinking of giving your method a go. I am thinking of starting out taking 3mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening (4mg a day), then maybe cutting it down/moving up if required.

Is it better to do the procedure of crushing the tablets/adding the alcohol on a daily basis or do any of you make a solution to store?

For my plan (3mg AM / 1mg PM) 4mg crushed + 2ml Alcohol. Then that means that 1.5 ml (3mg) in the morning and 0.5ml (1mg) in the evening right?

Is little pea size bits of cotton wool usable? I don't really know what you guys mean when you say a cotton. In the UK everyone uses cigarette filters when filtering etc. I've got access to cotton wool or q-tips, which would be better you reckon?

Great thread by the way, exactly what I'm after at the moment; a way to make these 6 X 8mg Subutex last as long as I can.

Cheers, Oli

Subs4Opiates
20-04-2010, 20:24
This is so interesting to me, and I am going to try this! But a quick question.....does anyone have any tips on how to keep yourself from swallowing while trying to hold the solution in your mouth?? I have found the only way I can keep myself from swalling my dose is my sticking 1/4 of it under my top lip to dissolve and absorb, this way I don't taste the suboxone at all and it gets completely absorbed without my mouth filling up with saliva.....

So 6/7....5-10 minutes is long enough for the bupe to absorb? or should I "TRY" to hold it longer? just a quick question...thanks!

sixpartseven
20-04-2010, 22:51
Well for the first time in my life I actually FEEL my dose, though I dont know if this is a good or bad thing, I mean does this tech mean I took a higher dose?

Yes. Say you normally take 3mg. At 30% BA, that's about .9mg. With alcohol, it's about 1.5mg. So yes, even though you took the same amount of Suboxone, the alcohol made it more potent by allowing more of it to be absorbed and become active than it normally would have. In other words, you took a higher dose than normal. (These numbers were just quick estimates and not actual figures, but they are close enough to demonstrate the difference).

I've got 6 X 8mg Subutex. I need these to last as long as possible. So thinking of giving your method a go. I am thinking of starting out taking 3mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening (4mg a day), then maybe cutting it down/moving up if required.

Is it better to do the procedure of crushing the tablets/adding the alcohol on a daily basis or do any of you make a solution to store?

I wrote the plans so that you could prepare a large amount of the ethanol solution and save it for use over a period of time. You can make one-off doses if you want, but it wouldn't hurt to prepare a large amount ahead of time.

For my plan (3mg AM / 1mg PM) 4mg crushed + 2ml Alcohol. Then that means that 1.5 ml (3mg) in the morning and 0.5ml (1mg) in the evening right?

Yes. That solution would mean there is 1mg per .5ml, so 3mg is 1.5ml and 1mg is .5ml.

Is little pea size bits of cotton wool usable? I don't really know what you guys mean when you say a cotton. In the UK everyone uses cigarette filters when filtering etc. I've got access to cotton wool or q-tips, which would be better you reckon?

Cotton is the best. Do not use wool. When I say cotton, I was referring to either cotton balls, cotton q-tips, or cigarette filter cotton. Any of those three will work since you are not IVing it.

Great thread by the way, exactly what I'm after at the moment; a way to make these 6 X 8mg Subutex last as long as I can.

It's great to see this thread helping so many people. I am really happy that I have contributed something so many people have found useful. It's a great feeling to know I have helped you guys, and it's incredible to see it catching on so much. Most importantly, though, I'm just glad you guys have something that is making your Suboxone therapy more effective.

This is so interesting to me, and I am going to try this! But a quick question.....does anyone have any tips on how to keep yourself from swallowing while trying to hold the solution in your mouth?? I have found the only way I can keep myself from swalling my dose is my sticking 1/4 of it under my top lip to dissolve and absorb, this way I don't taste the suboxone at all and it gets completely absorbed without my mouth filling up with saliva.....

So 6/7....5-10 minutes is long enough for the bupe to absorb? or should I "TRY" to hold it longer? just a quick question...thanks!

This is why I suggest absorbing the dose with a small piece of cotton and placing the cotton under your tongue. When you do that, make sure you do not push down on the cotton with your tongue, though. If you do that, it will squeeze the solution out. Just let it sit there and give it a few minutes to absorb. The cotton keeps the solution in place, making it easier to keep from swallowing. Does that make sense? If not, I can try to explain it better. Are you just putting the solution under your tongue, or are you using cotton but still having trouble keeping yourself from swallowing it?

5 - 10 minutes should be enough, yes. This is why I also suggest using a piece of cotton to absorb the solution and placing that cotton under your tongue: after 10 minutes, you can take the cotton out, and if it's still orange, it means there is still some left. When the cotton turns white again, that means all the solution has been absorbed (this trick won't work for Subutex).

Either way, though, it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes because (A) the alcohol speeds up absorption, (B) the Suboxone is already crushed up, which is what takes the most time when taking the pills sublingually, and (C) it's already in solution which means it doesn't have to take as much time to mix with your saliva and be absorbed. The combination of these three things, plus the increase in bioavailability is what makes this technique so beneficial: it cuts time and increases the amount of buprenorphine absorbed.

Harley3311
21-04-2010, 06:32
I have tried this and felt it work but I can't rule out placebo... How is this scientifically plausible?

sixpartseven
21-04-2010, 20:35
There's plenty of proof that it's true. One source of proof should be in the hands of every Suboxone maintenance patient. In the pamphlet you're supposed to receive from your doctor when you first get prescribed Suboxone, there's a folded up insert with all the drug information. In one section, it talks about how the trials with Suboxone were done with ethanolic solutions of buprenorphine and naloxone, and that the suggest doses for Suboxone tablets had to be adjusted because ethanolic solutions have a higher bioavailability (they increase sublingual BA by 50 - 70%.) It even has a chart that shows how much Buprenorphine becomes active with certain doses. In one column, it has the dose, and in the next, it has how much of that dose becomes active with the tablet, and in the next column, it has how much of that dose becomes active in an ethanolic solution. This chart is almost identical to the estimations I made in the first post of this thread, and I made these estimations before seeing this chart.

I posted links/quotes to sources in the very first post, so if you read that post, I'm not sure how you missed the evidence. If you'd like, I can dig up plenty more proof.

It works because the alcohol helps the buprenorphine pass into the bloodstream. I'm not sure exactly how it does it, but it could be by opening up the mucous membranes, allowing more to cross, or it may work as a sort of transporter, allowing it to cross in higher concentrations. Whatever way it works, it definitely works and is most definitely NOT placebo. It's scientific fact.

Subs4Opiates
21-04-2010, 22:31
I did this first w/out cotton and yeah i believe that is what made it so difficult to keep from swallowing. So this morning, cut my dose to 3mg and used 151 and cotton. Wow, great great way to prolong a dose. I dosed around 9:00am and I don't feel that it will wear off any quicker this way either. Thanks so much 6/7, you definitely are helping, you did me! And w/in 10 minutes my cotton was white again. I did use 2 pea sized cottons, took about 20 minutes to do both of them, 1 at a time. Definitely not placebo, i agree. I'll be skippin around the rest of the day, too cool ;)

TMoney11111
24-05-2010, 03:35
Yeah see the problem with this is the sublingual application of alcohol, holding it in your mouth for that long, wouldnt it enter the bloodstream? And also the risk of ingesting it alone,,, I wouldnt recommend drinking on suboxone at all if you're trying to enjoy it and obviously for harm reduction reasons. I would say that as previously stated, from my experience mouth wash, preferrably scope over listerine, is probobly the best way to prep for sublingual useage. Make sure you rinse well, you don't want your mouth watering too much, for the pills just holding it in longer will have more if it entering your bloodstream and makeing sure you don't get too much saliva going so it all stays under your tounge.

sixpartseven
24-05-2010, 04:19
^ The amount you are using is so incredibly low that it will not result in intoxicating effects from the alcohol.

Did you even read the first post? I talk about using .25mls, and at the most 1ml, which is nowhere near enough to get you drunk or cause CNS depression - at least not to the degree that you would have anything to worry about.

Also, the Naloxone in Suboxone has been shown to act like Naltrexone in that it negates some of the effects of alcohol, so, even if it wasn't blocking the effects, with the small amount of alcohol being used, at the worst, the alcohol will cause an incredibly limited amount of effects, leaving you with absolutely nothing to worry about.

When Suboxone was in the human trial phase, they would not have used alcoholic solutions if it was dangerous. This whole method is based on the fact that the suggest doses of Suboxone tablets are based off studies done with alcoholic solutions of buprenorphine and naloxone. I didn't just make this whole thing up. It's a scientifically tested, proven, and valid idea that works wonders for almost everyone that tries it. In the best case scenario, the Naloxone would inhibit the extremely limited effects the alcohol produces, making the alcohol totally inactive, it's only use being to help the Suboxone enter the bloodstream.

Mouthwash has such a small amount of alcohol that it won't help nearly as much as liquor. Also, as far as I'm aware, the alcohol and Suboxone need to be present at the same time for it to be able to help the Suboxone absorb into the bloodstream. If you are using mouthwash, rinsing is going to make it even less likely to help, too. In short: mouthwash is pretty much useless for this.

So yeah, this whole process wouldn't exist, and all the details of it wouldn't be what they are, if it didn't work, and didn't work as best as it possibly could. I appreciate your concern and trying to offer advice on alternative ways to do it, but I have to say that I don't think you're going to find a better way to do it than the way I have outlined.

Subs4Opiates - I'm glad it helped you out, man. Your stories are the ones I like to see in this thread, and it's so awesome to see all kinds of success stories on every page.

soldier173
05-06-2010, 08:43
I am certainly going to try this soon as I can thanks for the info

Bojangles69
05-06-2010, 09:31
I don't understand how more bupe is getting absorbed if alcohol and water both hold the SAME amount of bupe.
The only difference you are feeling is that one method travels through you faster. But if you hold even watered bupe in your mouth long enough its holding the same amount of bupe and the same amount should still eventually absorb into your body.

Ill try it tommorow but I'm a skeptist. I see something like pluggin to be the optimum method of stretching for people who don't wanna inject. I mean you'll be using that hole anyway whether you like it or not, might as well use it for saving money.

Edit: Its tommorow and I tried using 100 proof smirnoffs as the carrier. I also brushed my entire mouth for 5 mins to remove any film that may have slowed down absorption and rinsed with mouthwash. I immediately noticed alcohol in the mouth triggers salivarly glands to salivate which is BAD for absorption. Since your glands push saliva into your mouth, from your glands, it actually appears to prevent the bupe from absorbing. The puddle of alcohol turns into a puddle of a large volume of saliva, and I still tasted a great deal of bupe in it. And then you have to hold the saliva in your mouth just like you would hold in water. I also felt no difference from the bupe at all.

Originally it sounds like a great idea. And it was something I've considering doing myself because alcohol DOES permeate membranes and tissue faster. THe problem is water penetrates just as easily in your body. It will take slower but holding it long enough the bupe should still absord. I can obviously only speak for myself, and my knowledge of chemistry having majored in it. But I think alcohol only does 1 thing and it intially gets like half of the bupe in your blood stream fast. Then as you salivate it most likely pushes the bupe and saliva back into your mouth through reverse osmosis of skin in your mouth. Once the saliva is triggered you have to hold that just like you'd hold it without the alcohol so it keep absorbing. I very much beleive both ways get the same amount of bupe in your body.

I'd also like to see the research that was done on this to see how the designs were done and how they measured the BA (whether it was done by self report or actual physiological measurements which I HIGHLY doubt). And compared to pluggin its still a massive difference. If the BA was even around 50 or 60% it would be a noticeable difference. I think at most you may only be getting an additional 2-3% absorbed.
If you wanna test this put alcohol on a piece of paper, then put water on a piece of paper. Alcohol moves through faster, but BOTH STILL move through the paper COMPLETELY. Thats the defining factor in this and what has led me to believe there is real no significant increase in BA.

sixpartseven
05-06-2010, 21:28
^ I think you're confused about how this works and why you should use alcohol with it. The time you hold it in your mouth is not what makes the difference. When you take buprenorphine sublingually, whether you use water with it or not, the bioavailability is about 30 - 50%, which means that only around half of your dose is absorbed. With alcohol, the bioavailability is increased by 50 - 70%, so you're getting more like 60 - 75% of your dose.

It works. Look at how many people have used it successfully in this thread. Look at the information on Suboxone trials and how the trials were done with ethanol solutions. The studies clearly state that the dose for Suboxone tablets had to be adjusted (increased) because the ethanol solutions had higher bioavailability.

Anyone that goes on Suboxone through their doctor has access to this information. In the back of the Suboxone pamphlet is a little folded up insert and in the TRIALS section it says this exact same thing, straight from the company scientist's mouths.

soldier173
06-06-2010, 05:45
I am trying it now I Have 1 cotton ball under my tongue. I used 2mg sub and .5ml of Jose Cuervo Silver. I will report back in 30 minutes.

soldier173
06-06-2010, 06:33
It definitely works and I must admit I was somewhat skeptical at first.

HdoubleODeezy
06-06-2010, 06:41
would it work with mouthwash?? lol i know its a stupid question but i cant have alcohol in my house because of my bail conditions.

rocksonboxone
29-07-2010, 21:36
This method is awesome, I just took out the cottons about maybe 20 minutes ago and I definitely feel the onset hitting me, and that was with the cotton under my tongue for like 10 minutes, when I used to do tablets sublingually, I'd have to leave em there for almost an hour for full absorbtion and then another hour or more while it kicks in. I usually dose 3.5mg twice a day, preferably by snorting but I had to give my nose a break, and this new method is definitely my prefered ROA. I dissolved like < 3mg in 80proof rum and the onset feels better than sniffing it IMO.
Not only will this save my doses and some money but it will also save my nose too.
Excellent method and advice 6/7, you should seriously get some type of award for this or somthing!

Qucik question though, is there any bupe left in the powder gunk that coats the bottom of the spoon, like is there benefit to licking the spoon or can I just rinse it of in the sink?

Specterchild
13-09-2010, 00:46
I have a quick question. If i crush my sub put it under my tongue then add two drops of 91% rubbing alcohol. Is this the same thing? Do i have the rite idea?

syndeusys
21-09-2010, 23:49
I have a quick question. If i crush my sub put it under my tongue then add two drops of 91% rubbing alcohol. Is this the same thing? Do i have the rite idea?

No do not use rubbing alcohol. Only use lab grade ethanol or something from a liquor store.

On a side note I had a question about if making a large amount of this at once what is the rate of decomposition of the buprenophine. A lot of times when compounding pharmaceuticals it decreases the amount of time the drugs are viable for. For the sake of convenience I would like to make a fairly large batch at once but of course don't want to waste my script when a week down the road it's no longer providing any relief.

jamesBrown
21-09-2010, 23:59
if your talking about making a large amount of suboxone mixed with some form of alcohol, I think that it would only last a day or so before starting decomposition. actually, the decomp might even start immediately, im not sure. the only solution I reccomend mixing suboxone into is one with some sort of anti-bacterial water(I forgot the exact name of it)

Captain.Heroin
21-09-2010, 23:59

Standard isopropanol (non-medical grade) has impurities in it that will damage your liver if you accidentally ingest any, so for the sake of your health, don't use it.

syndeusys
23-09-2010, 09:35
if your talking about making a large amount of suboxone mixed with some form of alcohol, I think that it would only last a day or so before starting decomposition. actually, the decomp might even start immediately, im not sure. the only solution I reccomend mixing suboxone into is one with some sort of anti-bacterial water(I forgot the exact name of it)

Bacteriostatic water i'm assuming but it's not going to help the BA that much. I'm just lazy and I don't always have time to go through all the steps to make the alcohol solution but I guess there is no way around it. Might as well spend my time coming up with a taper schedule instead of a way to effectively store bupe in a more stable vehicle.

jamesBrown
23-09-2010, 09:42
You should do what i do and just take the suboxone in doses of around 0.5 mg's 1-4 times a day. Its VERY euphoric, yet im not addicted to suboxone at all. And if I take a day(or two, maybe even a few) off, it feels like ive done some oxy or heroin when I dose my 0.5 mg's of suboxone again.

Covert
23-09-2010, 15:31
I'm gonna try this. I just got on here on Sunday, it's Thursday now, I was following doctor's orders (d'oh!) & taking it sublingually, scrip for 12 mg/day but i got such great (i thought) results from only 8 mg that i just stockpiled. i wasn't sure why, but i did -- now i know!!! i know this is the wrong thread, but still. . . i started snorting on monday -- err, tuesday? can't remember. i guess sunday i didn't take my second dose of 4 mg sublingual, & monday i took only 2 mg sublingual at noon, then snorted about 3 to 4 mg at night -- WHAM! it was that euphoria that's been gone since i got on the bupe in july. came home late monday night, snorted 2 mg more, & was up all night enjoying the newfound benefits. i had bought the "party line" that the nalox would make insufflation useless, but i sure discovered the BS in that bit of propaganda! i LOVE LOVE LOVE snorting stuff, i know the BA ain't as great but the psych benefits are fantastic, and technically i'm FOLLOWING DOC'S ORDERS, just not the ROA they tell me. . . i know it won't last as long, but they keep filling my scrips & i'm pretty sure i can get down below 2 mg a day once i can wrap my brain around the fact that those tiny little lines are like a 20 mg OC. . . not exactly the same, but good god the trouble i went through to get the OCs, plus the trouble i got in BECAUSE of 'em, not to mention the fact that i'd keep doin' em & doin' em & doin' em -- you know, buy 5 of the 40's, cut em up into quarters, tell yerself they're gonna last 5 days, & then day three at 4 p.m. i'm selling LP's at pennies on the dollar just to score a percocet. . . sheesh. i'm bummed about spending the last two months without "activating the potential' in the bupe, but why pine away about the past when the future looks so bright? my doc wants me off the bupe after a year, but if i keep it up at this rate, in 3 more months i'll have enough to last me. . . oh crap you guys do the math, on an abacus for all i care, i'll figure it out eventually, now that i've got the extra energy & positivity & whatnot else that i haven't REALLY had since i was on the oxys. i honestly thought that suboxone was the best thing that ever happened to me -- when i was taking it the way THEY told me to. now that i have all this info from you guys, i feel like a kid in a candy shop -- an OPIATE candy shop, no less -- or it's christmas every day, or whatever. thinking on following captain h's advice with the syringes & the micron filters, not sure how my girl will like that -- she's so proud of the "no opiate addiction" phase i'm in, but she was cool with me takin' the oxy's, cuz she saw how "amazingly functional" (her words) i was on the stuff, & she's on antidepressants & whatnot so she understands about chemicals & brain chemistry & whatnot, so i think i'll ease her into understanding the insufflation route this weekend & then i betcha a dollar she'll help me start dividing them pills up & figuring out how low i can dose, & stretch those pills so far into the horizon that they bump into tomorrow at the international date line.

again, i know this is a bit off topic for this thread, but really -- i'm gonna try this method, i been readin' all the BL posts on bupe all over the place, no method but no madness, just readin' all i can, & all i can say is that the excitement just got a hold of me & i felt like saying something like "THANK YOU GUYS YOU ARE THE BEST I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!!!!!" captain h. has already got a PM from me, & of course he responded right away & answered all my dumb questions & acted like the prince-shaman-psychologist-psychiatrist-psychoanalyst-priest-imam-fatherfigure-bigbrother-bestfriend-palonthestreet-(al)chemist-philosopher-therapist that he always seems to be. . . that all of you seem to be.

thanks guys. i lost a job, and found out my girl is pregnant -- both on LABOR day, get it, like a double-double entendre -- then got a new better job, went on probation, passed a drug test, re-upped my bupe scrip, blah blah blah everything seemed like it couldn't get better and WHAM! i find you guys.

sorry. logorrhea. been a problem of mine for a LOOONG time, & there's no loperamide for it. . . better than constipation, some people would say.

just. . . thanks. seriously -- thanks.

Covert
23-09-2010, 16:39
hey if any moderator out there knows how to merge my above post into the general bupe thread, please feel free to go ahead & do it, if it doesn't happen today i'll probably copy/past with minor changes -- actually, i changed my mind, please DON'T merge it i'll rewrite it to let everyone else know how great they are -- maybe shorten it up a bit. . .

thanks again, peeps. . .

sixpartseven
24-09-2010, 16:50
No do not use rubbing alcohol. Only use lab grade ethanol or something from a liquor store.

On a side note I had a question about if making a large amount of this at once what is the rate of decomposition of the buprenophine. A lot of times when compounding pharmaceuticals it decreases the amount of time the drugs are viable for. For the sake of convenience I would like to make a fairly large batch at once but of course don't want to waste my script when a week down the road it's no longer providing any relief.

I honestly don't know the answer, but I would think the buprenorphine would be less likely to degrade in alcohol versus something like water (saline, bacteriostatic, etc.). Alcohol, especially pure, lab-grade ethanol, is very sterile, and there is nothing else that I can see that would cause the buprenorphine to break down.

I would ASSUME that making a large amount to last you, at the most, 30 days, would not be a problem.

Specterchild
29-09-2010, 03:31
There is no way i can get high with Suboxone anyone who does is lucky and im jealous. Ive shot,snorted, and under tongue all at the same time.(32mgs) Nothing. I guess once you go black(TAR) you never get high from anything else.

SkagKush
29-09-2010, 03:48
i have a spare glass dropper from my cannabis tincture, say i diluted 8 or 16mg of said bupe into the correct amount of alcohol, and figured out how much liquid the droper contains. and when ready to dose just squirt the ml and mg dosage onto a cotton.

could i store it in the freezer or fridge and dose daily.

SkagKush
29-09-2010, 08:41
any one??????????

jamesBrown
29-09-2010, 18:19
No, the chemicals would break down. Just add a drop or so to the suboxone solution you are going to be putting under your tounge each time you dose. Leaving suboxone in any solution other than some form of a water based anti-bacerial solution would probably cause the bupernorphine to start decomposition.

JackiePeyton
16-02-2011, 06:39
So do u think this would work with ativan SL? It acts so slow, SWIM really wants to get it going faster. Sometimes it takes a couple hours orally for SWIM. SWIM must have a slow metabolism.

kanyeknievel
03-04-2011, 04:33
Im going to try this out tommorow in the morning, would mouthwash work? I dont really have access to high proof alcohol at my house, i dont think, so thats the best that I KNOW i have. So if i DO only have mouthwash, how much should i use? Just drops like .5ml or 1ml? or more?

if i do find alcohol with a proof ill just use that with a few drops instead, but if it comes down to mouthwash, how much should be used

blackninjaforevr
28-04-2011, 23:48
hey i loved this method, but my doctor is switching me over to the films now. will it work just as well?

~NaStYNaI~
21-06-2011, 02:03
Now how about if you wanted to increase the nasal bioavailability?Cud you swab the inside of your nose then sniff?Ive tried this,and I kinda think it increases the bioavailabilty.maybe sumone can try and let me kno w what u think!!

paper planes
09-07-2011, 21:53
ive been on suboxone for a little over a year and every bit of information ive found on these threads has been helpful..ive been using the alcohol method for a while now and ive found that first of all taking milk thistle sometime a couple hrs before you dose decently potentiates the dose with more euphoria..then brushing your teath, your tounge and underneath really well..followed by either washing out with mouthwash or even just a little bit of the vodka from the solution your about to use..then when i dose even tho im prescibed more i only take a little over 3mgs but under 4mgs cuz thats when i feel i get the best results, now i dont know about yall, but crushing into powder makes me salivate way more which in turn effects the concentration level of the soltuion so i just break into about 3 to 4 pieces and then i get 1/8th teaspoon(.62ml) measuring spoon or whatever and fill it with abosolute vodka and dump under my tounge(sometimes i drop just another single drop depending on dose size) along with my dose thats already there and i keep it pressed as tight as possible until dissolved to keep my mouth from producing as much saliva..i keep it under for about 20 to 30 min

SubDude
09-07-2011, 23:46
Let me turn this around... If you really want to get the most of alcohol/subs mix then taper down to about 1/2mg... do it sublingual and then take 3-4 shots of liquor over course of half hr to hr. A low dose benzo mixed is even better. You can't do it everyday or it will ruin it.

pfn_247
12-09-2011, 02:36
I know someone already asked but i didnt see an answer.Would this method work with Suboxone sublingual film (The strips)?I think they work better to begin with so if 6/7's method would work with the strips that would be great!

JackiePeyton
12-09-2011, 07:03
I just rinse my mouth with mouthwash, making sure to hold some mouth wash under the tongue for a while before dosing with suboxone. If you rub an alchol swab over your veins you will see that it dilates them temporarily. Therfore, the blood vessels under the tongue are dilated, making for more absorption of the bupe.

lorne667
20-09-2011, 06:45
I just rinse my mouth with mouthwash, making sure to hold some mouth wash under the tongue for a while before dosing with suboxone. If you rub an alchol swab over your veins you will see that it dilates them temporarily. Therfore, the blood vessels under the tongue are dilated, making for more absorption of the bupe.

Sorry man, but that's not going to cut it. Yes, cleaning your mouth may help(assuming you don't salivate too much afterwards) but as Sixpartseven as already said, mouthwash doesn't have much alcohol to begin with, so just swishing it around for a while won't help get any noticable increase in bioavailability. If you are forced to use something low-proof, like mouthwash, then follow his method. Although personally I IV my suboxone, I occasional(or at least I used to occasionally) use other BA's for the hell of it, and I tell you, the method with cotton is genius! I actually stumbled upon it in a similar way as 6p7, trying to recycle my cottons, but never thought of actually mixing my sub dose with the alcohol, and then allowing cotton balls to soak it up.
Well let me tell you, the results are far better than I would have ever imagined. Obviously, the alcohol increases BA(despite what some skeptics say, though I will address them later) but the real beauty of his method is the cotton balls. Normally, a portion of bupe get's wasted, getting mixed in saliva or going down the throat. This is even worst if you try to just mix the bpe with some alcohol in a cap(as I have tried before) as the alcohol temporarily causes the mouth to water, not to mention it burns like a motherfucker. But with the cotton balls, all you have to do is press GENTLY, and hold for a good 10 minutes. The cotton stays in place, allows the entire dose to be absorbed both more QUICKLY and EFFICIENTLY, and is just so simple to keep there. Also, as 6P7 has pointed out, when you take it out, you will immediately know if it fully absorbed, as the color will be gone.
As I said, I IV now, but this is nonetheless a vital technique that any and everyone who uses suboxone should know. With this method, BA is AT LEAST as good as intra-nasal, perhaps higher, and you get that killer fucking half life. Just don't let the skeptics bring you down;
This method is great, and the science behind it is PROVEN. This is not some wacky junky theory; it is a certified fucking fact. For anyone who's prescribed suboxone not to believe this is beyond me. All you have to do is read the goddamn pamphlet they give you...
It has a chart labeling different doses; to the right, it says how much of that dose is actually being absorbed. It has separate listings for what I believe it calls the "high dose sublingual tablets" and the Buprenorphine ethanolic solution, the latter being much higher. So anyone who uses

sixpartseven
21-10-2011, 16:12
lorne667: Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks using the cotton is the best way to so it. At the beginnig of the thread, no one understood what I meant by that and why I suggested doing it. Also, thanks for pointing out the info on the pamphlet. I pointed that out as well but I don't think anyone who doubted this method bothered to check for themselves.

hey i loved this method, but my doctor is switching me over to the films now. will it work just as well?

I haven't tried it, but if the films dissolve enough to be made into a solution, then I eont see why it wouldn't work.

Now how about if you wanted to increase the nasal bioavailability?Cud you swab the inside of your nose then sniff?Ive tried this,and I kinda think it increases the bioavailabilty.maybe sumone can try and let me kno w what u think!!

No. This only works sublingually as far as I know.

Let me turn this around... If you really want to get the most of alcohol/subs mix then taper down to about 1/2mg... do it sublingual and then take 3-4 shots of liquor over course of half hr to hr. A low dose benzo mixed is even better. You can't do it everyday or it will ruin it.

There's a huge difference between what we're talking about in this thread and what you're suggesting. With an alcohol/suboxone solution, you're using a very small amount of alcohol to increase the BA. They have to be mixed together and absorbed under the tongue. Taking a few shots along with a benzo is just mixing the effects of a dangerous combowith you're suboxone. You are not increasing the bioavailability by doing that. The point of a solution is to be able tto use less suboxone for the same effect. With your suggestion, nothing about it would allow less suboxone to be used, it will just give you a buzz on top of your suboxone.

SubDude
22-10-2011, 21:42
There's a huge difference between what we're talking about in this thread and what you're suggesting. With an alcohol/suboxone solution, you're using a very small amount of alcohol to increase the BA. They have to be mixed together and absorbed under the tongue. Taking a few shots along with a benzo is just mixing the effects of a dangerous combowith you're suboxone. You are not increasing the bioavailability by doing that. The point of a solution is to be able tto use less suboxone for the same effect. With your suggestion, nothing about it would allow less suboxone to be used, it will just give you a buzz on top of your suboxone.

I understand about the subs/alco bio. If the side effects of subs keeps you at 1mg or less then cravings can be an issue. If you know your tolerance and keep the benzo/alcohol within the range of same... there is very little danger. I don't necessarily recommend it for others, just saying what works for me especially after being pushed from MMT to SMT by VA healthcare. Dr prescribes both benzo/subs and is aware of my dinking and limitations. So for me it works... others???

sixpartseven
23-10-2011, 05:13
But what you're doing does not increase the bioavailability. My concern was not the danger of the combo, it's that what you're talking about really has nothing to do with what we're talking about other than the fact that it involves alcohol and Suboxone. Your topic would fit better in the Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread. That's the place for more generalized discussion. This thread is very specific.