• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Alcohol and Suboxone - Alcoholic Solutions for Higher BA With Sublingual Use

I don't know if it had to do with mixing it with alcohol or just that I ended up taking too much since the BA increased, but I was nauseated out of nowhere (about 2-3 hours after taking it) and then succumbed to the vommitting about an hour and half later after eating.

Idk, thought it might be worth mentioning.

Since I did 4mg internasally (at 50% BA) and 2mg with alcohol (at 70% BA), that's, what, like close to 3.4 actual mg?

It might be that I just did too much since before that, I believe the most I did was 4 mg internasally and then 4 mg sublingually, which is about 3.2 mg.

I think with bupe that .2 mg could actually make a significant difference.

Well, how much alcohol did you use? If you used around what I suggested (1 - 2ml's) then no, it certainly was not the alcohol that caused the nausea. It sounds to me like it was the buprenorphine.

yeah, i didn't measure it, I just went the JC way and put a small amount under my tongue and let the sub dissolve with it.

I'm most positive it was the bupe.

I'm thinking the nausea was entirely unrelated to the bupe as well since it continued through today.

I guess it was maybe food poisoning/stomach bug?

70% supposed BA, and you don't have to fuck up your sinuses by snorting? It's worth a try. Pure ethanol dissolves most drugs well. I've done this with xanax and it seemed to work good. It burns for roughly a minute but the burn goes away pretty quickly.

70% supposed BA, and you don't have to fuck up your sinuses by snorting? It's worth a try. Pure ethanol dissolves most drugs well. I've done this with xanax and it seemed to work good. It burns for roughly a minute but the burn goes away pretty quickly.

I've snorted Suboxone plenty of times, and I will attest that this method definitely hit me harder.

Even if it was slightly less though, it would be worth doing it t not have to rail all that "orange" flavored powder.

Step 2: For every 1mg of Suboxone, draw up .25ml of alcohol. If you're using 3mg of Suboxone, that would mean you'd need 1.5ml.

f.a.i.l. ;)

anyway, sounds interesting... though i use to take around 3mg of the "original" subutex a day and snort it. that would be about as efficient as taking bupre sublingually with alcohol, i guess.

but since its supposed to last significantly shorter when snorted, taking it sublingually with the same BA would be a considerably good alternative. the only problem would be keeping high proof alcohol in your mouth for more than a few seconds... eeeewww. :(

^ lol I thought I changed that? Someone pointed out my error in math to me a long time ago. Will fix it now. Thanks.

When discussing the required time of subbing a standard suboxone dose with a registered suboxone physician I asked the suboxone doc about the fact this study (the one about bioavailability of suboxone and the only reply I got was "Oh great that is exactly what my patient's need!" referring to the fact that the bupe was dissolved in ethanol and his patients are all junkies/alcoholics (alcoholics from a clinical view, even if not daily drinkers).

It is exactly what patients need. Doctors are doing their prescribing based on the clinical studies done with an alcoholic solution of buprenorphine/naloxone, not with tablets. If they knew this, then maybe they would be prescribing proper doses instead of forcing all their patients to find the right information here at BL.

Implying that anyone is an alcoholic because they put 1ml of alcohol under their tongue everyday further demonstrates the ignorance of most of these doctors.

It is exactly what patients need. Doctors are doing their prescribing based on the clinical studies done with an alcoholic solution of buprenorphine/naloxone, not with tablets. If they knew this, then maybe they would be prescribing proper doses instead of forcing all their patients to find the right information here at BL.

Implying that anyone is an alcoholic because they put 1ml of alcohol under their tongue everyday further demonstrates the ignorance of most of these doctors.

I definitely vouch for this. Doctors are not that well versed in bioavailability or other pharmacokinetic parameters and such, so I don't particularly blame them. Most people don't realize that in the US the special training to become a Suboxone doc can now be found on DVD and is an 8 hour training course! So, 8 hours = 100 patients that you can hit for at least $1000 each, seems like a pretty easy cost benefit analysis to work out!

Haha, it's funny that any doctor would accuse someone of being an alcoholic for ingesting 1ml of alcohol as a vessel to take buprenorphine sublingually. A shot (1 standard drink) is 30ml. If you're dealing with pure ethanol it'd be more like 15ml, since your average hard alcohol is 80-100 proof (40-50%). With such tiny doses, you don't have to worry about the combo.
Then again, doctors are all about covering their asses. In their mind alcohol + sub = bad. It's true, it just doesn't matter as much if you're only taking 1-2ml of alcohol.

?

i tried this im not sure how effective it is im on sub and have been for 9 months....who knows maybe it will work8o%) have a blessed day

i'm going to try this later. I just take bupe for pain relief so it's in tiny amounts and wierdly sometimes i get a high from it and sometimes not. It's difficult cause the tablets are only 0.2mg so they are tiny and if you don't hold them really still too much gets wet and slips down your throat. So this could possibly help.

^ Hmm, I've only heard of 8mg and 2mg suboxone pills (with a 4:1 ratio of buprenorphine to naloxone). Are you sure they aren't 2mg pills?

Sounds like he has Temgesic. This should work for any form of buprenorphine since it is the only (important) drug in Suboxone to have its BA altered by alcohol. The original study was done with Suboxone, though, which is why I based this thread off of using Suboxone. Theoretically it should work with Subutex and Temgesic.

yeah it's temgesic for pain with just the bupe in it. I couldn't believe how much smaller these are than the next size up!