Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

doggies and undercovers finally hitting the streets of SA

headdah

Bluelighter
If you were out Sat night last weekend you would of seen the full force of our boys in blue walking up and down hindley st. I think i saw 4 drug dog teams and at least 10 pairs of undercovers walking up and down, especially outside earth.

Swim and Swims friend saw them walking towards them when swim was having a smoke on hindly, as both were carrying we immediately walked across to the carpark to go up stairs to drop and stash. As swim and swims friend came down the carpark 2 undercovers stopped them and asked why did they go up when the saw the dog. Swim said they just went up to grab something. cops sniffed swim and friend, then undercovers patted swim and friend down. Swims friends were watching accross the road worried shitless, but then Swim gave them his BIG ASS GRIN, and then they know swim was ok :D.

it was like a full pat down and cops was asking does swim and his friend knows whos dealing and what not etc blah blah blah.

Drug USER SWIM 1 : COPPERS 0

:D

hope everyone else was as lucky as swim on the night.

Interesting they have dogs out now, not at all surprised though.

Undercovers are nothing new. They might have kicked it up a notch but anyone who frequants earth will have seen them fairly regularly.

Yeah they have been appearing up here in Sydney a lot now. Esp. patrolling the trains and stations.

Just lately, they will randomly walk onto any train and patrol them up and down with the dog sniffing anyone for drugs. And at some major stations they will wait for people at the exits or whatever and sniff people walking past. Its fuked.

Yeah read about it in the paper the other day, sucks ay. Ive herd the main way they ping people is when u act suss if u see them coming. Ur lucky hedah :D if i have a pocket full i cant help but act suss, but if ive munged them all ill sit there and blabber shit till the cops till they get annoyed and trek off :p like me and my mates were talkin about, this is just makin people neck like 5 pills at once to avoid detection. then gettin major fucked up causing alot more problems. Now i bet the cops will be raving on about how drug OD's have now sky rocketed, a why theres about 20 odd people sitting on the ground to munted to move

headdah said:
If you were out Sat night last weekend you would of seen the full force of our boys in blue walking up and down hindley st. I think i saw 4 drug dog teams and at least 10 pairs of undercovers walking up and down, especially outside earth.......

omfg I was just there on the wkend. Walked in with (only) 2. I had heard before that the doggies were gonna be out but thought blah of it. lol. I was lucky then huh.

A question, if caught with 2 pills I wouldn't get in too much trouble huh. First offense they'll probably just confiscate them and give me a talking to right?

Another question too, if the cops were to pull you aside under suspicion, as long as you're not acting like a total dick, what would happen? If you're obviously tripping would you still get in trouble? Charged with consumption?

It's hard to find info specific to Australian laws I've found, let alone SA laws.

tyrael said:
A question, if caught with 2 pills I wouldn't get in too much trouble huh. First offense they'll probably just confiscate them and give me a talking to right?

They will arrest you and you will be charged with possesion of a dangerous drug.
Don't be so naive.

Another question too, if the cops were to pull you aside under suspicion, as long as you're not acting like a total dick, what would happen? If you're obviously tripping would you still get in trouble? Charged with consumption?

Dunno, I'm in QLD where it's currently not illegal to be high as long as you're not a danger to anyone or yourself.

rm2x said:
They will arrest you and you will be charged with possesion of a dangerous drug.
Don't be so naive.
QUOTE]

Well that assumtion was taken from another post on here. I just wanted it confirmed/denied.

If police are pulling you over in a 'party precinct' and they find pills, or anything for that matter, you will be charged with possession. Keep in mind that they're pulling aside people in an attempt to keep the public happy by policing out the evil that is drugs.

They're not searching you for fun, they're searching you to meet their masters numbers!!!!

Rest assured you wouldn't be carrying a trafficable amount in SA with two pills :)

South Australia - Controlled Substances (General) Regulations 2000

I think it was last year that the Bluelight collective worked out that under A.C.T. law 2+ pills was technically a trafficking charge as the limit was some rediculously small amount like 2 grams. I remember that Tasmania worked out to something like 7 pills.

I UTFSE but couldn't find the post. The link you posted was very informative lilangel, thanks.

sublimer45er said:
Yeah they have been appearing up here in Sydney a lot now. Esp. patrolling the trains and stations.

Just lately, they will randomly walk onto any train and patrol them up and down with the dog sniffing anyone for drugs. And at some major stations they will wait for people at the exits or whatever and sniff people walking past. Its fuked.

I was wondering why there were so many dogs and cops at a station. Saw them on my way to pick up the beans and i was like shit. Had a couple of pingas on me on my way back. Got passed em tho. I mean what else would dogs be doing at stations.

Verybuffed said:
I think it was last year that the Bluelight collective worked out that under A.C.T. law 2+ pills was technically a trafficking charge as the limit was some rediculously small amount like 2 grams. I remember that Tasmania worked out to something like 7 pills.

I UTFSE but couldn't find the post. The link you posted was very informative lilangel, thanks.

I think the information you're after is in the NDARC Study - Important results you should all read thread.

Keep in mind the information in that thread is over 18 months old and there may have been legislative change during that period. It's imperative that the above figures are used as a guide only because using the 'but Bluelight said' defence in court probably wont cut it. ;)

they are certainly within their rights to charge you with possession if you have two pills on you. although they (if they were feeling nice) may potentially just confiscate them and let you go. (or if you get charged you could always try the Todd Mckenneny defence)

However im not sure what the law is in regards to consumption. hypothethically if i had eaten four pillls(or whatever) but wasn't carrying anything what would they cops do. In NSW (and elsewhere out of curiousity) is consumption of drugs a criminal offence?

^^^
I remember the old urban myth that if you admit to taking LSD the police would charge you for attempting to commit suicide as you had knowingly ingested poison.

Sorry to go off topic but is it still illegal to attempt suicide? I was told ten years ago that it was. That one has always baffled me.

Thanks for the link lilangel.

cudds said:
they are certainly within their rights to charge you with possession if you have two pills on you. although they (if they were feeling nice) may potentially just confiscate them and let you go. (or if you get charged you could always try the Todd Mckenneny defence)

However im not sure what the law is in regards to consumption. hypothethically if i had eaten four pillls(or whatever) but wasn't carrying anything what would they cops do. In NSW (and elsewhere out of curiousity) is consumption of drugs a criminal offence?

Using an illegal drug (also known as ‘self-administration’) is an offence under section 12 of the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act (NSW). The police must prove that the substance consumed was a prohibited drug. Obviously they cannot analyse the substance if it has been completely consumed, and blood tests can only be taken by a doctor after arrest. So for most convictions they must rely on admissions made by the accused.

DRUG MISUSE AND TRAFFICKING ACT 1985 - SECT 12

Self-administration of prohibited drugs

12 Self-administration of prohibited drugs

(1) A person who administers or attempts to administer a prohibited drug to himself or herself is guilty of an offence.
(2) Nothing in this section renders unlawful the administration or attempted administration by a person to himself or herself of a prohibited drug which has been lawfully prescribed for or supplied to the person.

DRUG MISUSE AND TRAFFICKING ACT 1985 - SECT 12

Administration of a Prohibited Drug

This offence prohibits the self administration or attempted self administration of a prohibited drug by a person. There is a defence if the administration of the prohibited drug which had been lawfully prescribed for the person.

The Act also creates a summary offence for a person to administer a prohibited drug to another person. Further, it is also an offence by the person who allows another person to administer a prohibited drug to them.

AussieLegal

Verybuffed said:
^^^
I remember the old urban myth that if you admit to taking LSD the police would charge you for attempting to commit suicide as you had knowingly ingested poison.

Sorry to go off topic but is it still illegal to attempt suicide? I was told ten years ago that it was. That one has always baffled me.

Thanks for the link lilangel.

It is off topic but

Is suicide illegal in Australia?

In Australia, the criminal law concerning suicide varies according to the jurisdiction in question. In all jurisdictions, suicide is no longer a crime and, except in the Northern Territory, the crime of attempted suicide has also been abolished. It is, however, still an offence for a person to assist another person to commit suicide or to attempt to commit suicide (the precise wording differs according to the jurisdiction) (Australian Institute of Criminology).

Ministerial Council for Suicide Prevention

Back on topic now =D

^^ thanks for that lil angel.
with blood tests only available after arrests, and if someone denied taking a substance there is in essance nothing the police could do.
i assume they can not arrest you on suspicion of consumption , even if your eyes are saucepans and jaw is wobbling.
so the moral of the story is , if your not carrying anything, deny it and your home free.

NP :)

The only time they could take you in whilst under the influence - if you're not carrying and they can't prove self-administration - is if you're a danger to yourself, or the community, as rm2x mentioned earlier in the thread.

so in other words even if u look totally offchops and pinging so hard ur jaw is shattering as long as your not danger to your self or community, they cna't do shit?

:D

Pretty much :)

Although the bush lawyers on Bluelight may have a reasonable understanding of the law, myself included, the police will know it better. Don't try and bait the police knowing they can't get you with a self-administration charge, because they may not be able to charge you with that specifically, but I have no doubt they could find something to make your life difficult.