Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Coca Leaf - Experienced - The Wonder of Coca Leaf

Piper methysticum

Bluelighter
A few years ago, I had first experienced true Coca Leaf from Peru, and I have had nothing but wonderful experiences with it. I had written a conclusive report about it as well, but recently I received my second supply of the leaf, and I have some new observations that I would like to share if I can find the words for some of it.

Like I had the last time, I’ve made tea a few times (sometimes brewed with other complimentary herbs), but mostly, I use the chewing method. Typically, I put a nice wad of leaf in the right side of my cheek, and I chew the leaf slowly, often letting the juices settle under my tongue so as to achieve sublingual absorption of Coca alkaloids.

About three to five minutes after chewing the leaf, the right side of my mouth gets slightly numb, and with further chewing, the numbness intensifies. The onset of effects usually starts at about seven to ten minutes following the chew and is noticed by an accentuation of the senses, especially of sight and hearing. Colors appear sharper and sounds seem more noticeable.

Lately, I have been reading a good bit, so I have been using the leaves as a stimulant for concentration. This is one of the things that brought me to write this report, as the effects seem stronger if I am not physically active while under its influence. I am sure much of this observation is psychological, but nonetheless, I find the euphoric effects more pleasurable in this way.

Depending on the dose (especially with higher doses), there seems to be a feeling of desire right before the peak effect is achieved. This feeling can easily be perceived as a sexual desire if gratification is available, but when I am reading, I usually see it as the infamous “I didn’t use enough” effect. Strangely, this isn’t very strong nor does it last very long before the euphoria overwhelms me.

The peak feeling is difficult to explain in words, as it is far more complex and pleasurable than a general Cocaine high. It doesn’t last but a few minutes, but it feels as though I am completely aware of everything around me, but my body is at a state of extreme peace. There is a fuzzy, numb feeling emanating from every limb, and breathing seems quite easy as if I am aware of the properties of oxygen within my body. As I stated, this peak effect lasts but moments, but is immensely enjoyable. There is no side effect to be noted, nor is there any feeling of further desire as there is with Cocaine abuse.

After this effect, the feeling slowly dissipates into a light euphoric stimulation until I am completely back to baseline with no “crash” or adverse effects. It is certainly useful for reading as well as thinking out problems and physical work, though its complete effect from a single dose doesn’t last more than forty-five minutes following the onset.

One more aspect I wanted to add, is the effect it has had on my recovery of Opiate dependency and drug addiction. Most people who know a good deal about drugs and addiction know that Opiate addiction can come hand in hand with Cocaine addiction, often supplementing one for the other during a period of “trying” to stay clean. I went through this significantly, and strangely enough, I had received my leaves just in time for me not to make that mistake once more in my weakness. They seem to act with Cocaine as a Nicotine patch acts with smoking.

In ending, I stand by comment that I had stated when I first experienced Coca Leaf, that I like the experience better than that of purified Cocaine. In some ways it is not as intense, but in some ways it is far more intense and well balanced, as there are more alkaloids in the leaf than Cocaine.

substancecode_cocaleaf
substancecode_coca
substancecode_ethnobotanicals

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool report, I always thought the effect of leaf was much less than what you described

^^^

Many people do. There is a good bit of information on the Internet that suggests that chewing the leaves is not very euphoric, but myself and many of my friends could tell otherwise. It definitely isn't instant gratification that you would get from purified forms of Cocaine, but it's worth it.

That seems to be the case, but it is possible to purchase apparently non-decocainized coca tea bags from various places including one, um, rather well-known retail website. I'm a little confused about the legal status of the plant.

I enjoy coca leaves alot, but I find that once they wear off there is most definitely some sort of a dysphoric crash. A certain neediness reeps in that wasn't there before the leaves were chewed. That I find regrettable, since it is so short-lived. and so, if I go out and have theleaves on me and start chewing, I have to be chewing all night, almost. Kinda becomes an obsession... nowherenear as bad as cocaine ofcourse, thank God. The main reason why I avoid cocaine - even say no to it when I am offered it, more often than not.

Cool story!

I wanna try the coca leaf one day!

Yes, there are plenty of sources for de-cocainized leaf, but what I have used is definitely not from any of those.

Coca Leaf containing Cocaine is Schedule II in the US, meaning that it is illegal to posses the plant. It does have accepted medicinal value, but it will only be found in hospitals used as a local anesthetic and is also used for constricting blood vessels, particularly in the nasal area.

i've tried coca leaf before.

works the best if u suck on a few coca leaves. and add bicarb of soda/baking soda to your mouth, under your tongue, every so often.
was like a very clean mild coke buzz.
but u have to keep the leaves in your mouth for like 20-30 mins and can taste quite bitter and nasty after a while.
numbs up well, tho.

adding the bicarb of soda/baking soda extracts the alkaloids, so is a bit stronger like that, than without.

The bicarb trick definitely works. Don't expect a cocaine high but DO expect a numb mouth (tells you the bicarb is extracting the alkaloids), a mild euphoria, and stimulation. IMHO, it's one of the best legal mild highs out there. I imagine that it might be a good remedy for opiate WDs since you get a little boost of energy that is otherwise severely lacking because of the WDs (I know how profound this can be).

My method: I open one (or a few) teabags and sprinkle in some bicarb. Then I wrap the whole thing up in the teabag the best I can to keep the contents from leaking out as much as possible (it will anyways though). Put it between my teeth and gums and suck and salivate. I like the taste of coca and the tea I have is mixed with a bit of mint which helps to offset the saltiness of the bicarb.

In my case, the numbness kicks in pretty fast followed by a pretty decent, mild physical euphoria and a slightly greater sense of focus and purpose, perfect when you got alot of boring, brain-melting work to do but don't want the heart-racing, mind-distracting effects of cocaine. I guess in that regard, it's more along the line of my experience with mild amphedamines.

I'm experimenting with different amounts of bicarb to find the sweet spot, where it doesn't taste too much like salty ass but has the greatest effect.

Like I mentioned, someone with lack of energy from opiate WDs or even a bad night's sleep or depression.

Hope somebody finds this helpful!

Kisses!
Ivy

I've since become a coca aficionado. It's amazingly cheap, and it keeps me going all day long...and if you do it right...it is definitely more than just 'mild.'

I was using lipta and baking soda...but the baking soda never worked well...and the lipta made my teeth black...so I have been using cooking lime (calcium hydroxide) which you can find in the spice rack...the lime is stronger than the lipta, and it's clean and white with little-to-no flavor.

Thanks for reminding me about this stuff!

Years ago I had an outside job during the summer and I used to create a concentrated "chew" to make work more enjoyable. It's gross, like any chew, but for some situations it's much more versatile than tea.

I boiled 50 bags in a pot, removed the bags, then boiled the tea down to mud. Then I sprinkled in baking soda and dry coca leaves from a bag to keep it from forming hard resin clumps when it dries and continued stirring with low heat until it looked like a good consistency for chewing. I put the brown moist mixture into a tobacco chew container and never arose any suspicions (I'd spit it out like normal chew, too). The taste isn't bad at all and it numbs the hell out of your lips. It's stronger and faster working than the tea for sure, but still not like coke--which I have never been impressed with anyways. I used it a few times to keep my enthusiasm up during walks between bars. I guess I only stopped because I didn't feel like cooking up more. I never went about the extra work of making coca paste, but the paste might be concentrated enough to get something like a cocaine buzz going.

I had my first experience with coca tea and I have to say that I really like it. It is definitely euphoric and it is less ampy and jittery than caffeine, and you feel more clear-headed than with meph.

When I tried cocaine back in the day I was very impressed by how I felt, it was not like being drugged at all but more like a really nice natural high with a boost of confidence and a lot of energy, instead of feeling stimulated like caffeine it made me feel like I had gotten a really great night's rest. However, once the effects wore off I felt like crap and it was not worth it to me.

However with the tea it is like having the positives of the cocaine without the negatives. The tea is plenty strong by itself and it tastes good like regular green tea.

To me it is about like taking a nice line of meph, but I don't feel so guilty about it because it is very inexpensive and has minimal health risks, while in fact probably having many health benefits. Meph is just too new and unknown to know what the long-term effects could be, but I feel like I can safely have coca every day and it would actually improve my life rather than cause problems. Whereas I fear that meph may be quite dangerous to use with any kind of frequency.

So really my experience with it so far reminded me a lot of meph, and a little of the cocaine I tried long ago. But it was cleaner and cheaper than meph, meph seems to accentuate ADD while coca seems to improve focus.

Granted this is from ground zero of just trying it this morning, I will not know how I feel later on, but so far I'm impressed by it.

Everytime my wife has to go down to Peru on business, I have her bring me back a bag full of coca leaves, and a box of coca tea. It's so commonplace in Peru. When you arrive at the airport, they have these signs that tell you about coca tea, and how it helps with altitude sickness. It's everywhere.

Stay at any hotel, and coca tea is just as common as a cup of coffee.

I really like the boost that it gives. I prefer just sticking a small handful of the leaves in the side of my mouth, and chewing/sucking on them until they're almost nothing, then I just swallow them. It takes roughly 15-20 minutes, then that side of my mouth goes numb, and I feel that little buzz of energy. It's not like the caffeine buzz. It's a pleasant feeling, with no crash when it's over.

It's just said that the leaf is illegal in the states. Drinking coca tea should be the same as drinking yerba mate, or drinking a cup of coffee. The amount of cocaine in a leaf is so minuscule, there is zero chance of getting 'high'. I don't recall the exact number offhand, but it takes a ton of coca leaf to get a gram of cocaine.

*Raises hand*

I, too, can attest to Coca as being wonderful for... just about anything!

I basically try to always have some Coca Maté in the house. Wonderful stuff.

I also find it rather disgusting that some people actually try to get "high" by "extracting" it. This is definitely not doinitrite.

I have to say that pleasant-if-subtle euphoria - it seems to really help a lot with depression. Coca just makes you feel really good and it is such a natural feeling it's hard to imagine how it could ever be processed into crack.

Anyway the stimulant effect is nice, but it is not enough if you're sleep deprived...caffeine will wake you up better in that case. I tried using it to replace my caffeine addiction and it didn't quite do the trick, but I still am quite pleased with my experiences and plan to integrate coca into my daily life.

I was drinking loads of Coca tea when I was in Ecuador and Peru - Had mad altitude sickness for a few days and this did help. Incidentally, we had a guy join us who was proper fucked with the altitude and he drank it as well - seemed to bring him around.

I tried chewing coca leaf in Potosi with bicarb of soda. Definitely made my mouth numb, and gave me extra energy! ;o) Tasted like complete shit though, so I spat it out after 10 mins and swilled some of the alcohol that the mine workers drink to get rid of the taste... Fuck knows what that stuff is - it's like paint stripper.

After chewing the leaves, we went into the mines and blew shit up with some kind of explosive. I was terrified waiting in the dark tunnel, with the lights out counting down for the blast. Was absolutely hilarious! I was giggling like a little girl after the massive shockwave ripped through the tunnel!

It's good for altitude sickness, but I've chewed a shit-load of coca (with ilipta too) and have never got anything close to the effects described by the OP