Electric 2001—Club Swirl—Westchester, NY—May 27th

gmni13

Bluelighter
Electric 2001
Sunday, May 27th —Memorial Day Weekend—
@ Club Swirl : 595 Main St. Westchester, N.Y.
9 PM to 6 AM
17 & up with proper ID
$31 in advance, $35 at the door.
LINEUP:
  • Bad Boy Bill
  • Micro
  • D:Fuse
  • Venom
  • Pleasurehead
  • Johnny Fame
  • Circuit Breaker
  • Teddy C
  • Xeno vs. Joe Jack
  • Odi
  • Orion vs. Datcyde
  • Kazpa
  • Strange Love aka Le Frog —with MC Dalakite—
  • Kelee
  • Pauly
  • Tommie Gunn
  • Jungle Rollaz
Main Information Lines :
718-390-7176 ¤ 212-465-3368 ¤ 718-595-2902
"free water after every DJ set" <--We'll see.
www.parkravemaddness.com
-----------------------------------------------
If anyone needs more information including directions by car and/or train, ticket outlets, promotional support shit, yaddablahyaddablahyaddablah, email me...I don't feel like typing it all to be posted.
~Erik
------------------
"Maybe the moon will come down and save me. Maybe your eyes will stop me from falling...oh, I'm drowning."
[This message has been edited by gmni13 (edited 23 April 2001).]

heard about this one a while ago, im definetly gonna try to be there
------------------
I am the Lizard King, I can do anything
AIM: coldshot25

People i hate this club, the venus stinks. I was at Unified there and they had the water shut off in the bathrooms, even the hto water. They charged 5 bucks for water and then ran out at like 230 or 3 and then were havign the rudeness to charge 5 bucks for CUPS! of water. They coudlnt get the sound system set up til like 1030, its jsut nto a good venue,. And they kept ahvign to clsoe the jungle room staiars cause they didnt liek so many peopel goign up and donw. Siwrl downrite stinsk as a venue.
------------------
Party Kids Live Forever

I have to agree with Perrin, the venue does blow and it is becuase of the that whole water thing.
Oh well, I am still going see you there
Kid

nice.....my first party in the big apple and yall hafta ruin it for me...j/k i never pay much attention to the venues themselves when i go to a party so i dont really notice the shitty stuff goin on
hopefully it wont be too bad, im still gonna make my best effort to be there, the lineup's phat
------------------

Yeh i have to agree there are a few things that defiantly sucked about this place, 5 dollah waters, no water in the bathrooms, coat check was horrible, and security can be dicks, but i guess thats alot of places. I keep going back tho, its got a nice setup, lighting,size and its CLEAN and to see another phat lineup, ill go again. Just wish those people wouldnt be such assholes especially about the water situation cuz thats horrible.
------------------
GimmiE the HaRD hOUse, GimmiE the BanGin.....

yep,this is the place where your life will be put on the line!WOW, and ravers still show up to these parties! i can belive park rave will throw another party at this place!
its was not just one party shit happen at,
all the parties they fuck raves up! FAKEASS production!if we keep going to these kind of parties and show
support to these production com.then your doing it to yourSELF!!!!!!!!!!!
partysafe please!
safeparties please!
BOYCOTT boycott BOYCOTT boycott!!!!!!!
thank you!
HARDCORE4EVER!!!!
[This message has been edited by kingskee (edited 23 April 2001).]

Yeah, I definitely agree with you guys about the venue and all. There were some shady people at Unified. On the other hand, Space Girl's set was amazing
wink.gif
. However, I'm still gonna go based solely on the lineup. Props to the DJs, y'know. *shrugs*
~Erik
------------------
"Maybe the moon will come down and save me. Maybe your eyes will stop me from falling...oh, I'm drowning."

Fuck this venue.. Come on people.. How can you even try to party when your life is in danger!! Don't support wack promoters that only care about your $$$$....Ohhh you can sell drugs easy at this place without securitey giving a fuck but they will want to arrest you if u sit on the stage or try to refill your bottle..

Well, shit! Don't rain on my parade or anything. I had a great time when I went to Unified. Yeah, some shit went down. Yeah, things got outta hand. It's what you make of it. I met some great bluelighters, listened to some good music and enjoyed myself. But whatever.
~Erik
------------------

how can people still support this crew???? they totally fucked people over at Unified and obviously care only about making some $$$. Anyways, the lineup is nothing special. All of these acts (except BBB) play in NYC every weekend at better venus with a better vibe. Personally, I'm not a fan of anyone on the lineup. They play the same records every party and wasn't this almost the same lineup like 2 weeks ago at limelight? Its not like this some "one time only" affair....so to say the least, save your money and don't support Park Rave Maddness. Its not like Unified was the first party in which they screwed people over. And thhis upcoming party is definately not the last. I guarentee i will here some stories within a few days after the event. If you people keep going to these parties you're just telling the promoters that they can do whatever the fuck they want.
peace,
sean

ok, after reading all of your replies, im all confused now. im fairly new at going to big events, and i havent been to a real bad one, a few things get to me here and there but im over it in seconds. is this one going to be that bad? i dont want to go all the way to NY and have a shitty time. i saw the lineup and got wicked pschyed, its a long drive and if it sucks ill be pissed.
------------------

your life is in danger????
wait a sec, that cant just be at this place can it be, if you went around picking up things that are at EVERY party then its probably better to not even go at all anywhere. I dont think bashing the production crew and the venue is the right thing to do at all. If thats the case then i guess your not goin to be at any Stuck on earth, Sympty, GenX,etc. parties either cuz of these reasons, what about at Countdown, shit that place had fire hazard written all over it. The problems there were 10x's as worse cuz of just that one reason. The point is no matter what you say people are always going to go, these problems are becoming way to common for anythign that go's down around here, and the choice is learn to deal with it, hear phat music and have fun with friends, or dont go.
------------------

oh and coldshot, im sure youll have a phat time, if you know how to have fun that is,like with anything thats all it should take. Lineup will without a doubt get you dancin and the venue is definatly a cool setup for a party. I think the trips worth it. Hope to see ya there.
------------------

I don't think the problem is if the venue is a fire hazard but when production crews start throwing parties simply b/c they are greedy and want to make $$$. Many kids were assaulted by the security at Unified and if Park Rave would've cared they would have issued an apology and would have decided not to work with the same people again. But they didn't. I'm just saying that if we want raves and parties to be even better, if we want to improve the scene's image, we need to hold promoters to higher standards and tell them that we won't support those who do not truly love the music and put PAYING CUSTOMERS's safety in jeopardy. Even if they had talent that i really liked, I would not give them my money b/c i don't support their greedy philosophy and therefore i won't be at this party. I'm not trying to make the crew look bad, but i just want to let Coldshot, who doesn't have too much knowledge of the local scene, know what he/she is getting him/herself into when they go and what they should expect. But if anyone does go, have fun and i hope Park Rave Maddness has cleaned up their act and treats everyone better than they have before.
peace,
Sean
------------------
JESUS: "Let me tell you something panderjo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash your piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you and stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger till it goes click..."
THE DUDE: "Jesus..."
JESUS: "You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus."

your point is well taken, only that a fire hazard has alot to do with making money and being greedy,more people, more money. Limit the ticket sales and the amount of people into parties to what the venue can actully fit with room to move then it wouldnt be so bad.

Hrmm.. I just thought i'd add my two cents as well.
smile.gif
Coldshot, don't be afraid of the venue/security/production crew. I've been to ALOT worse! Seriously, does anyone remember Water? I saw 3 fights the minute I walked in that place!! Nothing even remotely like that at Unified. I think my whole little group of friends really liked how the venue is setup, too. Yeah, I know the water situation sucked. Yeah, the coat check SUCKED! (word of advice: don't use it!) There were some shady people, but there are alot of those everywhere! I think that if you go with friends, you are gonna have fun. No matter what. And, as far as the whole production company trying to make money... Aren't they all? I'm so tired of people complaining about that.. *obviously* its not gonna change anytime soon, so get over it.
smile.gif

Ok then, I think everyone should come, cuz I'd like to meet some new BLs!
smile.gif

*Disclaimer: I have recently realized that i'm way jaded. And i've always been a bitch, so don't bother trying to argue your point with me, I really don't care. (
smile.gif
)
[This message has been edited by irishgurl (edited 25 April 2001).]

Woohoo! Awesome a party that is 17+ that I might be able to catch.
------------------
"As you wish" I LOVE YOU!

i understand (smh254) been in it to long they get it when shit go down on them!!!!!!
partysafe please!!
smile.gif

safeparties please!!
frown.gif

HARDCORE!!!

lineup is good, i like that it's 17+.
at unified the night started off great when they let us in first because we were hanging out with pat and his pity-inducing scooter. (thanks again pat, you da bomb) i thought the venue was nice but the cops were SUCH assholes post-party, the whole water thing was silly, coat check was ridiculous, and the response that the production company had to people who complained about everything was rude
but i still may end up going cuz i'll be around. i'm just aware of what kind of shit i'm going to have to deal with if i go which i guess is better than going in totally naive, or not going at all.
------------------
"i'm no angel, but please don't think that i won't try and try" -dido