Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

new sniffer techniques in sydney on saturday

angel1274

Bluelighter
I have just been told from my partner who was speaking to a cop few days ago that they are planning on introducing a couple of (new?) techniques with the sniffer dogs this saturday 4th at a once a year dance event in sydney.
apparently they have been testing the dogs with these new things and the dogs are getting more accurate results?
they are targeting the women she was told who stash in bras etc and they cant search those areas usually without a suspision

* putting fans above the entrance gates and blowing downwards so as people walk thru the head to toe scent of the party goers is picked up by the dogs.
* and having the dogs on different level platforms at the entrance so as you walk past the dogs can smell higher up on ur body.

the way she was talking this is a new technique im sorry if u guys hav heard it b4 but i dont get out much anymore and i cant remember seeing this stuff around.
might cover myself in chilly powder so puppies get a nose full as fan blows it off ;)
Just a heads up for those that are planning a gay ;) weekend in sydney

i dont understand why you cant name the event ?

is it a 'gay' event ? i will be going to a a large dance event in sydney on the weekend so naturally i would like to know more :p

dlyxzen said:
i dont understand why you cant name the event ?

is it a 'gay' event ? i will be going to a a large dance event in sydney on the weekend so naturally i would like to know more :p
because we don't name events or clubs on Bluelight

That rule has been modified, naming events is okay within reason.

I thought a dogs sense of smell was powerful enough without the aid of fans or platforms... Fans sounds like it could help because the smells are blown every which way depending on the breeze and draft, but platforms sounds a bit far fetched, they don't smell in a straight line do they?

using fans would spread the scent further but would not help dog detect it as dog would get the scent of drugs but would be running around like mad trying to find source.

I think the so called cop telling you this is full of shit and probably isnt a copper.

just remember ... if you have had any contact with Marijuana , speed , cocaine it gives off quite an odor and especially if you have these on you then your going to get sniffed out.

I hate that cops get off so much on busting people just trying to have fun at festivals and parties. Especially when half of them are corrupt as fuck anyway.

just wrap your drugs up in 3 or 4 saddies and you should be sweet.
but make sure you don't smoke pot before. thats how my friend got pulled up last week, and he didn't even have any drugs on him :p

^^Baggies

Every time ive ever been sniffed by a dog ive had stuff on me and have been smoking pot all day and the dog has never smelled anything, ive been sniffed a good 6-7 times. Maybe I stink or something lol

I find it strange that cops and dogs are allowed into events. I just moved here from Europe. Everyone knew that at this particular rave there will be thousands of drug users but there arnt any cops. I think the maffia had something to do with it cos ive even seen cop cars nearby but never came in.
Its really strange. Just to mention a few events in my country for eg. Ozora which is one of the worlds biggest goa fest or Dance tunning disco which is the best club ever. If ur going to Hungary u guys should check it out, its awesome. I really miss going there :)

Usually the dogs arent allowed into the actual event but sniff up and down the lines, out the front of the event and lately theyve started sniffing us just as we get off the train. Ive never seen a dog inside an actual event but my friend said he's been done inside a club, but I think clubs are shit so I dont go to them.

Over here though there are alot of underground raves that only have security guards and no cops or a few cops and no dogs, often they are run by outlaw biker gangs too, just a word of advice, dont go selling drugs at raves because there might be someone watching you who doesnt like what your doing. Ive seen it before and will probably see it again.

Dogs have difficulty in detecting odours high up. Back in the 70s, Old mates used to say 8 foot was about their maximum, so our crew would stash any drugs in high places. As ceiling heights in places we rented in those days were usually 10-14 ft, a favourite stash point was behind a section of architrave near a corner, which was carefully and neatly removed then refitted with a sliding catch. afaik, no dog ever discovered mull kept in such a place.

Sustanon said:
I find it strange that cops and dogs are allowed into events. I just moved here from Europe. Everyone knew that at this particular rave there will be thousands of drug users but there arnt any cops. I think the maffia had something to do with it cos ive even seen cop cars nearby but never came in.
the cops inside events are often paid for by the event organisers.
you can even hire dogs. though not sure what you use them for.
at parklife sydney yesterday, i saw a cop and labrador walking around inside.
note sure if it was just for show or what.

Since naming events is okay within reason, I assume it is okay if we aren't talking about drugs but rather the police there, Goodvibes 2008 Sydney had dogs inside the event all day according to news reports.

I would imagine they were going crazy every time they were near the biggest tent while Cypress Hill was playing. :)

Mr TIMO said:
the cops inside events are often paid for by the event organisers.
you can even hire dogs. though not sure what you use them for.
at parklife sydney yesterday, i saw a cop and labrador walking around inside.
note sure if it was just for show or what.

Ok. Let me get this straight, the organisers want the cops and dogs?? Back home in Europe the club or event would go bankrupt if there were any drug raids or any busts. The people wouldnt go there to rave, if there were no drugs then the club would also be empty. Ive seen it happen before.

They want the cops there because there the best crowd control. They don't like the dogs as far as i know.

My understanding is that promoters do pay for police to be at the event but they aren't there to bust people for drug possession instead they're there to maintain a presence and make arrests if anything does happen (i.e. assault, fence jumping, etc). They're not with the sniffer dog squad, they're just normal cops and usually they have a pretty good time themselves from what I've seen.

If sniffer dogs are inside the event (my understanding again, please correct if wrong) it's because the police have asked the promoters and they've said yes to it.

Good Vibes '07 if you remember was where Annabel Catt took the drugs that killed her so understandably a police presence there is probably an important PR exercise for the police too.

At the last Kryal there were dogs and police everywhere, this was nearly a year ago, there didn't really appear to be any technique apart from walking around frightening everybody. The dogs didn't really appear efficient.