• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Favorite music for tripping?

JBona

Bluelighter
I just wanted to find out what kind of music I should bring for my first mushroom trip. I want to listen to whatever will make the trip more 'spiritual' or whatever will really let my mind fly.

I'm a big trance fan, but on my last mushroom trip this weekend I was with some mellow guys who put on the new Radiohead, and I must say that it is a great one.

Robert Miles - Children (Dream Version)
This is why shrooms were invented.

PHISH!
Dead
Radiohead
Mr Bungle is always fun
Zeppelin
Disco Biscuits
------------------
<ZZZZZ#~~~
"Oh, ecstasy, crystal meth and glue i've found no drug that compares to you[LSD]. All these pills, all this weed, you're exactly what i need..." - Tom Petty

damn u guys dont know shit
what u need to listen to is psychadelic trance, that musik is made for tripping.
hallucinogen and infected mushroom are my favorties.. every time i trip and listen to their musik it brings out the animal in me.

John Digweed all the way, especially for those special nights when i find myself in a K-hole.

I was introduced to Dave Matthews whilst shroomin', and we must've listened to "Satellite" 10 times straight.
Now adays, I'm a fan of psytrance.
The deal with music is to pick something you like, or have a friend who knows you well pick something he knows you'll like.

Mr. bungle and dr. octagon...both good choices, and as always, the deftones
------------------
You're practically the poster child for cheese whiz

oh no...no one mentioned Shpongle AKA Simon Posford AKA Hallucinogen....
also.. the Saafi Brothers
also...Ofer Dikovsky, AKA Oforia AKA Tandu AKA Pigs in Space...

here is some phat trance;
Tunnel Trance Force Vol. 6 CD2 - The whole cd is awesome!
As a matter of fact all TTF series are good.... #13 is as good as #6.

ok first of all no offense, but dr. octagon is the worst "musician" ive EVER heard in my life...and i love rap. please dont listen to him when you're shrooming!!!!!!
now to the question:
I'd definitely agree with Phish, some more mellow Dave, and definitely Trance. Last weekend I was shrooming and was introduced to a band called the Stringcheese Incident - since then I've downloaded a shitload of their songs. Look up "Pirates" by Stringcheese incident. its great for shrooming. I'd also say that stuff like robert miles is great, especially when coming down. Enya - Caribbean Blue and Sail Away are great songs.
------------------
"Fuck World War Two, I am an Elephant!"
-Albert Hofmann, 1943.

Floyd is a must, Dave is another good choice...
Incubus is another great choice, along with Crystal Method...
Just listen to whatever you usually listen to, and believe me it will sound different than you are used too
And have fun and be safe..
Ty
------------------
http://tokes.1-percent.com/?tybud

oh shit. . . i totally forgot about String Cheese Incident. I recommend Lands End or Texas. Lands end is just an awesome composition, Texas is actually about a trip to texas they went on with like a pound of shrooms. They have a run in with the cops but they dont get busted because the cops didnt know what the shrooms were. If you like Jam bands or Blue grass or know what good music is, you will like String Cheese.
[This message has been edited by elhefe182 (edited 22 February 2001).]

I'll have to second the choice for Infected Mushroom, that shit is awesome for trippin.
Also Astral Projection, Cydonia, and Nostrum are good.

Good ole Grateful Dead-anything live
Miles Davis-Bitches Brew
McLuaghlin/Santana-Love, Devotion, Surrender