• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Possible LSD Urban Legends?

joeballer

Bluelighter
My friend claims that his "friend's friend" had a sheet of acid in his pocket and got thrown into a swimming pool and the LSD absorbed into his skin and now he thinks he is a glass of orange juice for the rest of his life. I think this is BS. Have any of you guys heard this? Also, can taking an extreme amount of acid have longterm effects like this, or will it just make you trip for like a week or something?
I know this sounds stupid, but I really havent found anything on erowid on it. thanks a lot.

LSD can absorb through pores and if the sheet of acid absorbed into his body then he might very well be a pitcher full of water (I know I would) or a potato chip that is afraid to be broken

hahahahaha....I just tripped my first time tonight...and that just seems so amazingly funny right now.

Hey dude, thats 100% bullshit about the glass of orange juice thing, I heard the same story back in 6th or 7th grade, that some kid took a lot of acid and now he wont let anyone touch him cause he thinks hes a glass of orange juice and he will spill. Don't belive that shit, although it can absorb through the skin and i dont know what the possible effects of a sheet of acid would have on a kids mind, but that story you were told was a lie. Have you ever seen SLC Punk? Thats the best movie, but some kid had a sheet of acid in his pocket and he was running from this cop and ran through these sprinklers and the acid absorbed into his leg. That might be where your friend got the idea, or whoever told him it.

word shady
but just so u know where i was coming from...
had a sheet of acid in his pocket and got thrown into a swimming pool
i read that quickly in the morning and thought it ewas the sheet thrown into the pool not the kid
one love
[This message has been edited by hiRu? (edited 17 February 2001).]

well, he has a sheet in his pocket, he falls into the swimming pool, he gets out quikly. Acid is now wet and absorbing *very slowly* Now if he doesn't change right away and let the close dry up on him (he forgets that he has 100 hits in his pocket) then he will get high on acid. Of course it won't be nearly 100 hits he will get high on, maybe near 55 hits (most likely less). LoL, the orange juice thing is funny, however he might endup in the mental ward, because, shit, from 55 hits......
smile.gif
....... mental ward is the next home. Of course if he is a pro-fryer and needs a ten strip to get dizzy, then he won't even feel it
wink.gif

Edit: hiRu, please read the post thouroghly before replying. Thank you
[This message has been edited by shady (edited 17 February 2001).]

I've heard the ornage juice thing too around my town, so I am pretty sure it is an urban legend. Another story I heard was this guy took 100 hits of acid and this girl went up to him while he was walking down the sidewalk with headphones on. She asked him what he was doing and he replied, "nothin really, just jamming on my head phones." She then saw that the battery holding par of the cassette player was missing its cover and their were no batteries inside. I am pretty sure thats a legend too.

hey Fat, is that something you though of as you clicked on "Reply" button?

I've heard a very similary story around my town. Some kid tried to go into some sort of MTV-sponsered event (first Sports & Music fest I think) and had 2 sheets of acid taped too his chest so he could get it in, then apparently he went straight to the mosh pits, started swetting like hell and it absorbed into him like that, and now he thinks he's an orange (not juice but an actual orange). This must be a crock of shit, I've seen so many people online refer to the "guy who thinks he's orange juice" and is afraid of tipping over or afraid of straws or something
I figure if I unexepectedly abosrbed a sheet or two's worth of acid, I'd trip mad balls for a week or two and finally come down, probably be permifried for years but I don't think it would make me think i'm sort of innanimate object

Fat, my bad. Alot of myth are going around. I even heard of a "potato chip" myth from a guy in school.

Yes, it is a myth. My friend was selling liquid at a party one time. It got busted and he stuffed a vial, minus a hit or two, into his shoe. The lid wasn't screwed on tight. When he pulled it out over 3/4 of the dose was on his sock. It all soaked into his foot. He tripped for like a day and a half, but he didn't become an orange.
------------------
I live to learn and learn to live.

This was a myth FAR before SLC Punk came out ... varriations include:
*) Running from police with a sheet of acid, runs through sprinklers..
*) Sheet in bicycle shorts and sweats ..
You get the idea..
The other one was that he thought he was an orange and wouldn't let anyone near him for fear they would peal him ...
There is no such thing as a "perma-trip" .. people have done the equivalent of 10,000 hits and walked away with only some lasting anxiety..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Here in Sweden myths about people simply tripping (normal doses) and ending up in a mental hospital thinking they're oranges are _very_ common. Why ORANGES?!

I have had an orange experience. One time when I was tripping on 2 blotters I played around with an orange and just by touching it i felt the taste of orange im my mouth! Oranges are majiik!

I disagree with PhreeX saying that there is no such thing as a permatrip in that LSD has been known to release dormant psychosis in people... i have a friend who goes to school near Baltimore and a girl from her dorm ate ONE tab, and now she has the ultimate delusion of grandre... she thinks she's the messiah... she classifies everyone she knows as either good or evil. I know another girl who tripped a bit too hard, put her hand thru a glass window, spent several months in a mental facility, and was released... if you spend enough time with this girl, you'll be led to believe that she's learned to live around her trip. Some will say that LSD-induced psychosis is not a permatrip... but isn't that why LSD is cool, cuz it makes you temporarily crazy?

The LSD didn't make her nuts, she was already nuts, the LSD simply enabled the condition to surface ...
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

I've heard that story two ways.One a guy was getting chased by the police and while he was running the sheet got wet and soaked into his skin and he thought he was a glass of OJ and if u touched him he would spill over.I also heard the same story except the guy thought he was a bannana and if you touch him he would peel.So YES they are urban legends.
lates,
~Liquid
------------------
AIM: Trippinmyazzoff
Proud Founder of the CRC!
Serving your whip it needs since 2000.
Welcome to a place where fantasy's come true.....welcome to esctasy.
[This message has been edited by Liquid69Raver (edited 19 February 2001).]