Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: SMH - 28/09/08 "Police bust 29 for drugs at Sydney dance party"

Mr TIMO

Bluelighter
Ok nothing special about this article, except the comments made by the police at the end which just make me mad :X

Police bust 29 for drugs at Sydney dance party
September 28, 2008 - 9:00AM

Police arrested 29 people and seized almost 300 ecstasy pills and other drugs at a dance party in Sydney's west.

About 3000 revellers attended the Transmission Dance Party, which started at 9pm (AEST) last night at Sydney Olympic Park.

Police targeted dealers by using drug dogs outside the venue to catch any partygoers attempting to bring illicit substances inside.

One of the people charged with supplying drugs was an 18-year-old man who allegedly possessed 55 ecstasy pills.

Another 18-year-old man was charged over the alleged possession and supply of 42 ecstasy pills.

The 29 arrests resulted in more than 40 drug supply and possession charges.

Flemington Commander, Superintendent Alf Sergi, warned partygoers that similar operations were in the pipeline.

"Over the coming party season, the police will be as much a fixture at these events as the loud music and crowded dance floor," he said.

"We make no apologies for coming down hard on anyone selling or using these so-called party drugs.

"It is not only against the law but could end up killing you," he added.

"It should by now be crystal clear to partygoers who use illegal drugs that it is only a matter of time before we catch you."

AAP

SMH

Don't you just hate the typical fear approach the police always take?
Valid, they are just going by the law, but that's what pisses me off.

"It is not only against the law but could end up killing you"
well if it wasn't against the law, it wouldn't fricken kill you because it would be clean.

This is not going to do anything other than make people disresepct police more than they already do. It's the exact reason why prohibition doesn't work. People agree with basically most crimes being crimes, i.e. assault, robbery, fraud etc etc, but drug usage should be a fricken right of ours.

Walking into Future music festival at Randwick race course this year, you had to walk through a narrow passage which was blocked by two dogs. people were being carried out left right center. i wasn't carrying any illicits, yet still i felt bloody intimidated by it. It would be so easy for my uncomfortableness to be picked up on, and for the police to suspect me and then do a strip search or whatever... it'd be just humiliating

What ever happened to our rights?
It's one thing to use this sort of heavy policing at an airport to test for explosives etc, but when you've got people going to a music festival to enjoy themselves with what is mostly harmless fun, why can't the police just fuck off.

The biggest problem is that there arresting people that are just there too have a good time..

It's a massive waste of money and resource's chasing down the end-users and arresting them over a few pills in there pocket.. if anything they should be spending there time chasing after the big boss's, the drug lords of the trade, not innocent people that are just there to enjoy themselves for the day.

"It is not only against the law but could end up killing you," he added.
^
How many people have actually DIED at these festivals from a proven amount of MDMA.. There just increasing there daily/weekly quota and this is the easiest way to do so.. because its justified.

Sigh.. It kind of makes me glad i don't live over in Sydney.. although i wouldn't be surprised if they start using dogs in Perth soon, i'm yet too see them though.

This will just make people consume them before entering these events and thus people double dropping or triple dropping and of course overdoses.

No one wins...

Fair enough police have to do something but people caught with one or two pills should be cautioned only and allowed into the event , without their drugs of course & people dealing at events and get caught with large amounts well tough luck.

Mr TIMO said:
drug usage should be a fricken right of ours.

Exactly:! My rights end where someone else's begins. My drug usage harms no one else but myself. Leave me alone officer :p ...oh and my favorite 'just because something is illegal, doesn't mean its wrong.'

I was there, was a pretty fun night, the police presence seemed quite low at this event so im suprised that many people got done, usually there are more cops, more people and less arrests. Maybe theyre doing something different?

Anyway it went off last night, I nearly fuckn OD'd, never been so sick in my life but once I started coming down it was great...Over 18 raves are soooo much better.

Btw I got sniffed twice and the dog didnt sit, I had 3 pills on me plus there would be speed, oxy, coke, MDMA and who knows what else on my bank cards and in my wallet, I get lucky every time.

the_ketaman said:
Btw I got sniffed twice and the dog didnt sit, I had 3 pills on me plus there would be speed, oxy, coke, MDMA and who knows what else on my bank cards and in my wallet, I get lucky every time.

Everyone's luck runs out eventually... don't test it.

Mr TIMO said:
"It is not only against the law but could end up killing you"
well if it wasn't against the law, it wouldn't fricken kill you because it would be clean.

I could not a agree more. Alcohol is a controlled substance and it kills more people than ecstasy which isn't controlled.
Police are just naive government pawns, force fed the same bullshit we were when we went through school. The whole "Drugs are bad, that's all you need to know" approach. I'm only a few years out too, and they didn't teach me anything related to harm reduction. Bluelight.ru FTW!

poor bastards trying to have a good night. owell its better to get messed up at home or friends places!

What I don't understand is that when referring to end users the police always try to play the "we're protecting them" card... since when has our fine justice system ever done someone less harm than a few pills?

It was certainly interesting what came up while talking to a bunch of young people a week or so ago.

In an effort to tie up police resources, this crew drop their pills before entering an event, but carry in a variety of vitamin and supplement tablets, going for the ones that look most like ecstasy tablets. One of this group was picked up by sniffer dogs, has been charged and is awaiting analytical results. Obstruction charges surely couldn't apply, as the person apprehended stated what the tablets truely were. After all, any health conscious person would want to ensure they weren't vit deficient after hours of dancing or drinking...

The groups' reasoning is, if enough people did this, it would only be a matter of time before police either gave up or had onsite testing equipment - a very expensive exercise. Remember, forensic resources in most states are stretched as it is.

Anyway it went off last night, I nearly fuckn OD'd, never been so sick in my life but once I started coming down it was great...Over 18 raves are soooo much better.
Just playing the devil's advocate for a moment. Is that not the sort of irresponsible behaviour that helps justify the police's ridiculous and heavy handed response to combating the "evils" of party drugs at music festivals?

phase_dancer said:
It was certainly interesting what came up while talking to a bunch of young people a week or so ago.

In an effort to tie up police resources, this crew drop their pills before entering an event, but carry in a variety of vitamin and supplement tablets, going for the ones that look most like ecstasy tablets. One of this group was picked up by sniffer dogs, has been charged and is awaiting analytical results. Obstruction charges surely couldn't apply, as the person apprehended stated what the tablets truely were. After all, any health conscious person would want to ensure they weren't vit deficient after hours of dancing or drinking...

The groups' reasoning is, if enough people did this, it would only be a matter of time before police either gave up or had onsite testing equipment - a very expensive exercise. Remember, forensic resources in most states are stretched as it is.

I've thought about doing that before, that's pretty funny shit.

yeh i was there. went in pretty late tho and by then there were no dogs. saw heaps of undercovers inside one mid 20s dude came up to me and was like do u know where i can buy an ecstasy pill. i lold.

skatkid said:
yeh i was there. went in pretty late tho and by then there were no dogs. saw heaps of undercovers inside one mid 20s dude came up to me and was like do u know where i can buy an ecstasy pill. i lold.

What's so uncommon about that question at a rave? lol I'm filthy that I missed out on Transmission.

the_ketaman said:
Anyway it went off last night

yeah it was a mad night! the crowd seemed heaps more calmer and that there.. maybe because it was the first 18+ rave i have been to. maybe that no lad policy is working?? there didn't seem to be as many as usual.. and most of the ones that were there seemed like reasonable guys ;)

a sniffer dog got a close whiff of me and 12 other friends when we jumped off our mini bus! - no cigar, although i was crapping myself because we had been smoking a bit of grass for a few hours beforehand 8)