PDA

View Full Version : How can you get Xanax prescribed?

abcd
30-07-2002, 14:55
I wanted to know how you can Xanax prescribed, by the bottle. Not just a couple from saying I have a fear of flying because I'm on probation so they'd know that I'm not flying anywhere. If I go see a psychologist and tell them I'm depressed, then can they prescribe it?
thanks

Banquo
30-07-2002, 15:32
I don't think a psychologist can prescribe anything. you would have to be recommended to a psychiatrist first. when you do get sent to a psychiatrist don't tell him that you are on probation or, instead, don't tell him that you can't leave the state. probation does not necessarily eqaul no interstate travel.

Snitch
30-07-2002, 16:06
^^He's right about everthing. A psychologist cant perscribe anything. When you see a psychiatrist dont mention anything about probation. AND if you try to play it off like you are depressed your gonna get an SSRI. Anxiety not depression.
[ 30 July 2002: Message edited by: Snitch ]

SgtD82
30-07-2002, 16:12
Find someone who has a script and is willing to sell...if not there are still other ways...

jonnypotseed
30-07-2002, 17:39
sign up for a webstite that sells pills online...ive got klonopin xanax ambien oxycontin off the computer b4 it just cost a good bit to sign up but the pill prices are great.

abcd
30-07-2002, 17:50
Ok, well what's the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist? So, I'm guessing that Xanax is prescribed for Anxiety not depression. So, I just have to tell him that I'm always nervous about everything? Can I tell him stuff like, whenever I talk to anybody I get nervous crazy like, etc.. etc.. Whenever I'm infront of people I get really nervous. What else could I say? Should I tell him that I was being treated for this before and the doctor had prescribed me Xanax (does it say Xanax on the bottle? or alprazolam?) and that the Xanax helped me a lot until I stopped getting treated for it because I thought the problem had been fixed? I guess buying them online would be the best thing, but do they give you a prescription or anything? I'm going to have to show my PO the prescription. Unless everybody thinks showing a PO a prescription to Xanax would make her think I'm pulling a scam to get Xanax.
So my last questions:
Can I get as many ideas as possible as to what to say to the psychiatrist?
Should I show my PO the script, so I don't get in trouble on piss tests. Or you think she knows people do these things?
I think I might be able to pull this off because in real life I really do have problems with being too nervous all the time. Lotsa times people say stuff to me, like I look scared or what's wrong things like that.

Banquo
30-07-2002, 18:44
a psychiatrist has a medical degree, a psycholgist usually has a master's. a psychologist will usually refer you to a psychiatrist if he/she feels likes you are in need of medical attention.
tell the psychaitrist that you are nervous about flying. there was a great thread about this only a week or two ago with descriptions about what you might say. use the search function. i don't think that benzos (like xanax) are generally tested for in a piss test, but if you have a legitimate prescription there shouldn't be much of a reason that you have to hide it from anyone. millions of soccer moms have put their boring-ass lives back on track with proper benzo and boxed wine therapy. good luck.

abcd
30-07-2002, 22:03
Well, If I say I'm worried about flying, they're only going to give me a couple. I'd like to have a prescription and just get a bottle. I'm pretty sure they test people for xanax.

abcd
30-07-2002, 22:10
Also do you think it would be better if I just went to a doctor instead of a psychiatrist? A psychiatrist would probably try to get much deeper into this than a doctor, and a doctor's probably hella cheaper. what do you think?

Party_Animal
30-07-2002, 23:48
They usually do NOT check for any types of benzos such as Xanax.

abcd
30-07-2002, 23:53
Are you sure they don't check for benzos like Xanax on a test for probation? I'm suprsied considering it's a scheduled control substance. Xanax is known for being highly addictive and everything. You are sure that probation tests don't test for xanax?
later

ImNotTelling
31-07-2002, 03:37
My good friend told her doctor that she has panic attacks while she drives and they prescribed her xanax.

day_for_night
31-07-2002, 03:46
if are being legitametly prescribed a drug for a dissorder, then you don't exactly have to worry about it showing up in your piss tests. its legal to be taking controlled substances if they are prescribed
and yes, xanax is for anxiety. look up the definition of a panic attack (ie. heart racing, trouble breathing, highly ancious, ect..), then recite the symptoms back to a doc. don't actually use the words 'panic attack'. let the doctor draw his own conclusions, to make him feel like he is doing his job...
[ 31 July 2002: Message edited by: day_for_night ]

melissa32
31-07-2002, 03:55
You won't get xanax for depression.
You tell them about your anxiety. In detail.
I now get 60 a month (along with some other stuff), without going crazy, about how I was feeling. I was honest and told him I worry about everything, my kids, driving in the car, that I was going to walk into work and be told I was fired....
Just general fear of everything. My doctor wanted to put me on lithium but I said NO WAY, and so I got the xanax...
By the way, this was my general doc, not a shrink. I also told him that I was looking for a referal for a shrink and when he asked why I told him everything and he took over from there.

BigFatDuck
31-07-2002, 05:47
i was prescribed xanax .5 mg by goig to my regular doctor and explaining that i have been getting anxiety attacks. like stupid little things that happen on a day to day basis sometimes just gets me all worked up and i get really frustrated. he then gave me some trial packs of paxil (control release) 12.5mg and the xanax prescrip. for 60 .5mg + 1 refill and i'm sure if i wanted more he'd be happy to help.
however, i found they didn't help my situation medically and don't find them very recreational.

andyh
31-07-2002, 13:54
just wanted to continue banquo's answer about the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist. a psychologist has a Ph.D. while a psychiatrist has an M.D. this is what allows psychiatrists to prescribe drugs... instead of going to the ear doc, you're going to a psyche doc... as for xanax, never had it, but one of my buddies sure likes it!

PhreeX
31-07-2002, 23:58
If you only want a few, here are some of my tried and true methods...
1) BUY THEM ON THE STREET! Even if you have awesome insurance that co-pay and the cost of the script along with the time will cost more then if you just went to yer friend Seth and bought them...
But if you insist...
2) Flying - this REALLY WORKS! 9-11 really works for us dope heads.... say you actually had to cancel one flight because you were so scared...
3) (If your female) - A miscarriage - say you and yer boyfriend were being irresponsible teenagers and you got knocked uop, but you wante the kid... well, say he kicked you in the stomache or some shit and you lost the baby.. you cant sleep or even focus on yer work because of the stress...
4) (If you're older) - A divorce or other stressfull type deal....
5) Lost yer job - this worked for me once..
BR CREATIVE DAMNIT! It's not hard if yer just trying to grt a few

NESSxix
01-08-2002, 01:49
how bout for back problems (which i currently have now) can they be perscribed as a muscle relaxant. my current job really tends to aggravate my back muscles. you think i have a shot?

McBeaver
01-08-2002, 02:56
So is Zanax a better alternative to valium? I've been getting valium off and on for awhile....

Snitch
01-08-2002, 03:19
"Are you sure they don't check for benzos like Xanax on a test for probation"
You'll be screened for benzos if your on probation or parole.

SacredNaCl
02-08-2002, 00:44
Okay..There is a TON of bad testing info being given on here... The first thing is, if you are on probation they will most likely use a RIA test and not an EMIT, but they may well do other test if either of those come back positive or show any signs of tampering...
EMIT checks for these substances:
Amphetamines, Antidepressants, Barbituates, Benzodiazepines, Cannabinoids(marijuana), Carbamaepine, Cocaine, Ethanol(alcohol), Methadone, N-Acetylprocainamide, Opiates, Pheonobarbital, Propoxyphene, Theophylline.
RIA checks for these substances:
Amphetamines, Barbituates, Benzodiazepines, Cannabinoinds, LSD, Morphine, PCP, and Steroids.
You better have a script for it if you are on probation, eh? No sense going back to jail for that..and a ton of guys do!

sonar
02-08-2002, 01:21
[quote]Originally posted by McBeaver:
So is Zanax a better alternative to valium? I've been getting valium off and on for awhile....
Valium has a HUGE (40-50) half-life as opposed to Xanax (about 12). Also I believe Valium has an active metabolite, while Xanax does not.

snitchienitches
02-08-2002, 03:22
about the RIA test and LSD. i thought LSD was absolutely undetectable by Urinalysis.
have the drug tests gotten better, or was i wrongly informed?

Grand Master of Somniferon
02-08-2002, 04:32
[quote]Originally posted by jonnypotseed:
sign up for a webstite that sells pills online...ive got oxycontin off the computer b4prices are great.
You got oxycontin off of an OP? Not asking for sources, but damn...how long before that site got shut down? What would an OC 40 go for on this site?

Grand Master of Somniferon
02-08-2002, 04:36
[quote]Originally posted by SacredNaCl:

EMIT checks for these substances:
Amphetamines, Antidepressants, Barbituates, Benzodiazepines, Cannabinoids(marijuana), Carbamaepine, Cocaine, Ethanol(alcohol), Methadone, N-Acetylprocainamide, Opiates, Pheonobarbital, Propoxyphene, Theophylline.
!
Why would a drug test look for antidepressants, theophylline? Also, is N-Aprocainamide the same thing as procaine? Why would they test for that?

UnBounD
03-08-2002, 21:38
when I was prescribed to xanex it was because of me having problems dealing with my parents getting divorced. you have to have some situations to put you under STRESS, stress is the key term here, the more stress you have the more you will put on, my mom for example is a nervous wreck and she has been put on lortab, valium, and xanex. STRESS is the key word in getting it. because if you are depressed you will be put on something of an MAOI or SSRI, or some other anidepressent, act like you are depresed to, that usually comes with the stress, and usually anyone who is prescribed antianxiety medications was previously prescribed to an antidepressent, like me and like my mom. hope that this will aid you in your quest for sedation

C21H23NO5
03-08-2002, 21:47
most criminal cases test for the major five:
marijuana
cocaine
benzos
amphetamines
PCP
That is all. Unless you are specifically caught with LSD or mushrooms, you won't get tested for that. And yes, it is possible to test for LSD in urine.

Miltown
04-08-2002, 05:01
From personal experience no benzo's were positive when I was drug tested, and I was on Probation. I had taken Xanax a week ago and Restoril to sleep the night before. I was anxious as shit tho, you might want some to take before your test so you dont shake.

NoriegA
04-08-2002, 10:12
I wouldn't go to an online doctor if your on probation. I would just go to a general family doctor. Read up on symptoms associated with people who are prescribed xanix. Let him know you have trouble sleeping and are having panic attacks, that you feel like the walls are closing in on you. Most likely he won't give you xanies right off the bat. But if you stick with him & keep telling him your suffering from the same symptoms & the medecine he has been prescribing you still isn't working. Then he should give you xanix. Just use the old, well my friend suffers from the same thing & gave me a xanix to try, or that you forgot your meds while you were somewhere & took one. Good luck...

PhreeX
05-08-2002, 04:20
By now he has either scored the Xanax and had no problems, faikled the test, or waited the whole 36 hours and pissed clean...
As for using an online pharmacy for probation - it's not smart, but a friend kept a box of codeine he picked up in the virgin islands (the worthless 12mg/pills) ... it has saved his ass before...
But alas, this is really a drug testing thread with a spalsh of "how can I cop xanax" ... lets put it to bed!