Votes: 7 31.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

psychedelicate

Bluelighter
anybody seen this, i saw it the other day and thought it was pretty damn good. ben kingsley is classic as a weed smoking therapist. and the soundtrack is dope.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1082886/

from wiki
"It's the summer of 1994, and the streets of New York are pulsing with hip hop. The newly-inaugurated mayor, Rudolph Giuliani, is only beginning to implement his anti-fun initiatives against "crimes" like noisy portable radio, graffiti and public drunkenness. Two people, however, are missing out on the excitement. Luke (Josh Peck) is a socially uncomfortable teenage pot dealer with no friends, issues with his parents, and a whopping lack of confidence with girls. He trades weed for sessions with his therapist, Dr. Squires (Sir Ben Kingsley), whose much-younger wife (Famke Janssen) is slipping away from him. Squires, a drug-addled shrink with a hairline retreating to the back of his neck and a state of mind slouching back to adolescence, is an unlikely role model -- but the two of them forge a friendship based on a mutual need: neither one has a girl friend.. The intergenerational duo set off on a crawl that takes them all over New York, where they encounter several of Luke's "business associates," including a Phish-following dreadlocked pixie (Mary-Kate Olsen), a New Wave, keyboard-playing one-hit-wonder (Jane Adams), and Luke's supplier (Method Man). Luke has long had an aching crush on Dr. Squires' way-out-of-his-league stepdaughter, Stephanie (Olivia Thirlby), and is stunned at his good luck when she returns his affections. Luke's innocent first love experience with Stephanie becomes a life lesson that sets him on the pathway towards adulthood. And when Squires breaks down, it is up to the younger man to throw the older one a lifeline."

I actually really enjoyed this movie. It might have been the awesome soundtrack that pulled me in though. The 90's hip hop soundtrack really captured the feeling that i think the movie was trying to portray.
The drug dealer plot was unrealistic but besides that it was a great movie.

yeah man, the soundtrack was pretty great, held together the movie. nice to see a period piece about that time, i got alot of good memories of the 90's aha

The Whackness

Poll it if desired...

Anyone here see this besides me?

I don't have a link (I'm not very smart with computers, and I just recently learned how to quote someone) to this film but it's got relatively unknown actors in it, with the exception of Mary Kate Olson.

But the plot is pretty much this:

Flashback to 1994. The music. The movies. The slang. It was all dope.

For the main charactor, an 18 year old male slingin' weed in NYC, the summer of 1994 was all about finding himself. His first love, his first heartbreak, his first sexual experience, all the while selling weed out of a portable Shaved Ice vendor.

Quite honestly this movie isn't anything remarkable, but it does capture the feeling of 1994 from a recent high school grads point of view.

And excessive weed smoking and drug using always makes a movie better!

3 out of 5 stars.

sorry, should've used the search engine, thanks mods for putting with the original

I really loved The Whackness. I was in a theater when I saw it, the theater was full, besides myself and my uncle was the only person laughing. Everyone else seemed so glum.

Perhaps they related to Ben Kingsly's character more.

the part where he's going to reup, and he hears biggie and meth's "the what" for the first time and is like who dis this shit is tight....classic.

1994 was a good year for me. Great soundtrack. Sir Ben is barely holdin' on here.

I liked this movie, i thought it was real good at portraying a 1994 summer in NYC. Soundtrack is amazing..

I actually really enjoyed this movie. It might have been the awesome soundtrack that pulled me in though. The 90's hip hop soundtrack really captured the feeling that i think the movie was trying to portray.
The drug dealer plot was unrealistic but besides that it was a great movie.

saw it in the theaters, and i loved it. the soundtrack was the same for me. im 31 so it definitely took me back, which is probably why i love the movie. i remembered when pretty much all of the songs on the soundtrack were hot.

"yo, i got mad love for you shorty". :)

Saw it over a year ago. It's a pretty good movie. Definately one of those ones that slipped by unnoticed if you ask me.

I loved this movie. Its not the best movie ever but I enjoyed it a lot. I think my favorite part was when Luke goes to the beach house and right before he goes in it shows the dog with a note on its collar that says"Help me! My owner killed himself!" or something to that effect.

yeah and if you look closely when Dr. Squires opens his medication cabinet you can see that two of the prescription in there, one being Lithium and the other being Valium. i dunno why i noticed that.. :)

Pretty good movie...alot better than i thought it would be given who the actors were.

Sorry to be the dissenter, other than MistaJeff, I didn't really like this movie too much. Then again, I never got too much into any coming of age stories.

Did enjoy Ben Kingsley, however.