Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Does anyone read users news?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
Often when I walk into an NSP or somewhere to do with drug councilling or rehabilitation I always get a copy of users news. I find some of the stories and personal information in these little magazines/papers quite interesting and seem to be much more real and honest than you'd get on the net(not that the net doesnt have some great stuff) but you read alot of stories written by people in rehab or jail, people who have kicked their habit and people currently still using. Its a really interesting read and im going to try to get it ordered to my house or something because its very interesting while also being really helpful and informative. Theres ph numbers for drug councelling, where to get fits and NSP's, safer practices, Methadone and bupe info and first hand accounts of peoples downfalls, mistakes and even who and how kicked their habit and how to reform a broken life. I very much like that it comes from users themselves and not psychs/shrinks because everything a psychologist had ever done for me has only brought me down, most of them dont know much about drug related problems(though psychiatrists have always been awesome and helpful to me)

It might not be so interesting for people who dont IV or arent into harder stuff, but it can be very helpful indeed and I started reading before I was hard into the stuff. Now im past the phase of shooting meth 3 nights a week then going opes 3 times a week and it still interests me without making me crave like bluelight so often does :p

Does anyone else read? I certainly suggest you give it a go if you havent because it seems its for users made by users(Informed users, not stupid junkies) so there is very little if any misleading, bullshit information. Its great and the best thing is it cost $0.00, 100% free =D .

Hopefully I get some feedback for this because its something quite discussion worthy, if you havent read then DO IT!!! Even if you dont IV or do the hard stuff, its still a great read.

:)

Hmmm sounds really interesting if you can get it delivered to your house let us know aye cause I wouldn't mind doing that also.

Where else do you think you could pick it up from...? I never really use to read anything when I went to my councilors I would just sit their half out of it waiting for him to speak some bullshit to me. He once told me I was confused with my sexuality and I just use because of that... He had only known me for about 3 minutes by them and only asked family questions WTF, total idiot I tell you what!

^^Yeah, sounds alot like my experiences. One of my old councilors used to ask me about my sexual experiences and it weirded me out a bit because he'd ask questions that couldnt possibly have anything to do with my problems. Needless to say I say him only once.

yes, i'm an avid reader of users news, tracks, whack and watever else they might happen to have there to browse. it seems to vary here (brisbane), i think ive only picked up one issue of users news thus far. but yeh, its a good read, very informative, helps you keep up to date with relevant health info and the anecdotes in there are timeless. i'd much rather read these mags over anything you could buy in a newsagent.

I think most state user groups have their own magazine. The Victorian drug users organization publish users news. I joined a few years ago for 10 bucks and they send me the mag in the mail. I would urge all of you to join your local users advocacy group. They are our only voice in this war on drug users, and they teach you a lot about safer using, esp IV.