• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I think the worst part of being dopesick, is being dopesick haha- watery eyes, runny nose, thick mucous in your throat, that raw tickling feeling in the back of your throat that makes you gag, the gooseflesh in 90 degree weather-sweating balls and feeling like you're in a freezer, waking up after 10 minutes of half sleep, pins and needles on the top of your head, absolutely no energy to do anything whatsoever...man...

its the combination of everything that blows...and knowing an antidote is only a phone call away...sigh.

Oh man, id say for me it would have to be the "rubbery" feeling I get in my arms! God it drives a man insane!!! The bad headaches, aching bones, my brain feeling like its about to fucking explode! Its so bad....so glad im not sick now....actually feeling preety niice now

worst part of being dope sick to me is all the pains in my body I can't control and how no matter what I do I can't get comfortable. Then would be the shits and vomiting.

Been clean 10 days and am still getting sweats and aching pains and but of RLS. My kick been fairly minor but protracted

One of the worst symptoms to me seems very rare, I have never heard of anyone having it before and is kinda hard to put into words, but I really need to know if someone out there has had this before.

Sometimes it happens randomly, but most of the time if I get some sleep....when I wake up I have a bubble in my throat or stomach or something, like I am swallowing air and can't get it out. It causes a dull pain that makes me feel like someone is stepping on my chest. Sometimes it goes away quick, but most of the time it lasts a few hours at a time.

Anyone ever had this from WD? I don't EVER get it when I have opiates in my system.

i despise all aspects of opoid withdrawal, but the mindfuck is what really gets me. not only are you physically in pure agony, but mentally my anxiety is through the roof, i start thinking about suicide, etc.

once I was waiting on getting my suboxone script brought home from my mom, and she had about a 4 hr drive back home. I was sick as hell during those four hours and i swear it seemed like 2 days before she arrived with my sweet suboxone.

pure hell!

i despise all aspects of opoid withdrawal, but the mindfuck is what really gets me. not only are you physically in pure agony, but mentally my anxiety is through the roof, i start thinking about suicide, etc.

once I was waiting on getting my suboxone script brought home from my mom, and she had about a 4 hr drive back home. I was sick as hell during those four hours and i swear it seemed like 2 days before she arrived with my sweet suboxone.

pure hell!

I get the same way man. Thoughts of suicide, self harm, etc.

And ive gotten people to pick up my morphine script before and even though it was only a hour drive it seemed like a week. I swear time stops when your dopesick.

what i have noticed is as time passes on the more symptoms i get. The first time i kicked no sleeping problems, shitting problems whatsoever. I had the usual anxious feeling and sweats but that's it. Then as i continued to go through the cycle of using and kicking, i started to get more o0f the traditional symptoms. It was first not sleeping, and then the shitting problems so basically i guess im a full blown junky because now when i kick i experience all the negative symptoms full force.

What really sucks is if i'm clean for a month and i get high for 2 or 3 days i'm kicking. I had a solid 31 days then i fucked up for two weeks, and although the kick wasn't as long or intense as a longer habit i still had to kick for a week. Even after a day of getting high after being clean for a while i will not be able to sleep normal the next night or two.

I'd like to add another WD effect thats more annoying than anything. Almost every night of withdrawals, I'll wake up to that wet sticky feeling after shooting a load in my boxers, like I'm fucking 14 again, and it just adds to the overall irritated feeling of WDs, plus I can't go back to sleep. Not to mention how embarrassing it is to last less than a minute w/my gf, when I could last 45 min. on opies.

It ridiculous how withdrawal symptoms are the exact opposite of opiate/oid effects in so many ways.

I'm living such a fucking lie its disgusting.

I think about this often. Daily actually. The shit i've done to maintain my habit over the years at times makes me crawl in my skin, get red faced with shame and wonder whats left of the person i once was inside myself.

But that's a topic someday i'll totally not explore in TDS. The thing i really hate is having to fake my way through so many days without anyone really knowing how empty and hollow i am inside, feel like i can blow away with the wind and no one would notice (except for my credit score). Inb4 you made your bed now sleep in it.

i used to get the opposite effect...i could be sick as hell, but as soon as i would cop i'd feel better, even before i do it...i think because the fact that i know in a couple minutes everything should be fine...then about a half hour later my mind switches back to how i'm going to get the funds for more...

seriously the worst part for me was just plain being sick puking and shitting every 5 minutes just knowing all i had to do was get 1 thing to make me feel better....for those out there starting to get into this...think long and hard..it changes you forever...

i seriously can go for like 6 months without doing it because i have no connects anymore after going to iraq and i will still crave it like crazy...i will dream about it and get all depressed because i can't get it...it's like nothing else...to me it's like a woman i've fallen in love with and can't get over.. that treats me like shit and i have a seriously bad crush on her...

feeling dopesick now.
it sucks.

Ugh, yes it does. :p

Is it part of a greater plan, like to get clean, or are you just out? That seems to make a difference.

Has anyone else noticed the foul smell one's sweat has while dopesick? I had to throw away several cotton t-shirts I had worn last summer during ctwd. Even after several washings, they still smelled like dirty ashtrays or something. The sweating itself is bad enough, but the horrible odor just makes it even worse. I even had to switch antiperspirants after getting clean, as the smell of the one I was using during w/d reminded me of how I smelled during that time, and would make me sick to my stomach all over again.

Cold, clammy, nasty sweats. Good times, good times! 8)

The worst for me is the skin crawling and feeling cold for days. When I was living in Florida, I was still walking around with a fucking winter coat.

As far as the shitting, after knocking out some solid brown baby boys initially, then it turns to semi-solid with some pellets stuck together like a fucking Drakes coffee cake. Then, it all turns to water and your holding on to the can for dear life as you are spraying water to the point that it splashes up the bottom of the seat and on your ass. The wife hated cleaning up my splatters. I feel like inventing a fucking splash guard and sell it on an infomercial on tv. It would consist of a ring that you put in the toilet that would keep your watery shit from splashing back up. Just a thought. Any investors interested? :)

imgres

Not being able to go to work. Not even being able to call work to tell them I'm not coming. When finally able to get out of bed, the seizures and disorientation, total fatigue and inability to remember anything, poor cognitive skills, extreme perspiration and fever. Inability to perform work duties, and impaired driving abilities, which hinder the ability to commute there in the first place.

Just about the worst thing of all is that everyone assumes I am on drugs when I am completely WITHOUT drugs. Just look at the above symptoms and behavior- pretty much sounds like signs of someone being intoxicated.

And since the effects I listed are so long term, quitting isn't an option.

The worst part for me is definitily the arm pain. It's like when your arm goes numb and the blood is just starting to flow back and those pins and needles feeling. Uuugghhhh is just the worst. I've been clean for almost 60 days now and I still get those fucking pins and needles in my arm.

:shiver: :!