• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
opioid wd is child play when compared to benzo wd

benzo wd is much more long lasting and painful and no med can ease your condition. seizures may be fatal, specially status epilepticus may get you perma brain damaged. also it may cause acute psychotic episodes. its total hell

i woudl definetly rather withdraw from an opioid
ive done it a few times already (not a hgue habit with like 7 day withdrawal, more like 2 days of nausea and 2 more of generally feeling shitty/depressed) and its really not as bad as benzo withdrawal seems

i have no experience with either..but i dont find benzos very recreational at all so i'd rather go with opioids because they are actually fun

Please title your thread clearly so people kno wat youre asking. From the title, this looks like you are asking if benzos or opiods are better.

We got a thread for that, AND we also got a thread about the real question youre asking already. Please use the search engine before you post. This aint a new topic. I am at a public library and cant go search and merge right now, but this needs to get merged with the thread called "worst drug to withdraw from." Its redundant even tho it only deals with opiates and benzos, becuz those are included in the other thread that already exists. Like i said, searchin aint hard n it only takes a second. Do it and spare us and your fellow DC posters a *facepalm* moment by reposting shit that already been done. :)

Benzo's, they do nothing to me, no high, no effects, no withdrawl 8o.

Opiate withdrawl is pure hell.

Maybe it's a good thing I can't feel benzo's, if the w/d's are as bad as everyone say I'm sure I'd be in a world of hurt all the time considering the ease of getting them prescribed nowadays.

With xanax and valium,i had problems like swallowing cigarette smoke. And some obsessive handmoves. And breathing was not normal. It was quite a tight month. My left hand was numb once a while. It definitely was worst w/d i've had, after about five years of valium and 2-3 years of xanax daily. And it took a f**king long time to get normal, to normal appetite etc. I had even walking problems then.

Last edited:
i think opioid withdrawal is pretty horrible. the only withdrawal i have had is from heroin.
i have done benzos hundreds of times but never often enough to gain any kind of tolerance or dependance. from what i've heard, benzodiazepine withdrawal is hell on earth.
so until i go through benzo w/d, i am gonna say major opioid withdrawal is worse.

Tramadol - Hands down. At least for me.

That shit as awful. Holy crap. It felt like I had mono for at least a week. After that it turned into a bad flu and I didn't feel "normal" for at least a month. The worst parts, at least for me, are the sweats. I ended up shaving my head so that I could shower constantly without having damp hair.

-Guilio

^Yeah Tramadol is a weird drug, I have been on it for almost a full year now and am currently slowly tapering off the stuff. I am down from 400-600 mg to 200 mg daily now, however I am going to stay on this dose for awhile since depression seems to be one of the worst w/d effects from Tramadol, and I'm already depressive enough from my own, heh...

Worst drugs would be Opiates (OxyContin / MSContin / Heroin) and Benzodiazepines (Alprazolam / Clonazepam / Diazepam). Maybe Alcohol as well.

Sucks being dependant on both OxyContin and Diazepam, though :| :\

Peace o/

if it was 2 months ago i would deffinetely say heroine. but experiencing the methadon withdrawal... ow mann. that's some nasty sickness. it made start using heroine again to get rid of methadone out of my system without sickness.

Benzos.
Constant panic attacks for days on end.
Images of loved ones dying flashing before you eyes.
Physically painful as well.
No sleep.

I have expeirienced almost every kind except for meth .. The worst was methadone then pure opium then heroin. By far the opiates are the worst. It just hursts more than anything else.

So during benzo withdrawal, if u take a dose during the worst of it, iz it like instant releif like when ur dopesick and u take a shot and ur immediately golden? or are there residual effects even after u take a valium wen ur in wd?

For me personally...Ketamine was hard, but then it almost killed me (mixed with Alcohol) so I was turned off for quite some time, but I still keep coming back every few months.

Nicotine is pretty hard. 1 hour ago I was saying, alright, I will start quitting right now. 15 minutes ago I bought a pack, lol.

Clonazepam I am tapering off. Benzos I would say are really the 'worst' if cold turkeyed and they've been being used for a long time at high doses, but for me it has just been 2.5 months, 0.5-1mg per day, so dropping from 1mg, 0.25mg each week, has been relatively painless, but when I tried cold turkeying about a month back it was quite bad.