• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Nicotine and benzodiazepines.

I've used both of them for 10 years and had attempts of getting off them before but never could stay off them. I've been tapering off Klonopin for 8 months and now that I've got low enough I've switched to Valium to make withdrawals easier and to get off the Valium it will take another 5 months. Because of this I'm smoking more! Argh

Yea cigarettes are a motherfucker... and I think Klonopin is one of the nastiest benzos to come off of. I stopped cold turkey one time.... It was HORRID. I swapped xanax for valium with no issue... I don't know what the deal with klonopins is... but they are real bastards to come off of.

I've only had withdrawal from two drugs. Nicotine and tramadol.

Tramadol was by far the worst. Symptoms I get are:

- Persistent sneezing, yawning
- Shaking
- Chills
- Diarrhea
- Severe anxiety, depression
- Crying spells
- Watery eyes, runny nose
- Extreme pain all over
- Muscle cramps
- Sweating
- Extreme restlessness, especially arms and legs
- Pins and needle sensation
- "Brain zaps"
- Insomnia that even benzos can't help

I've heard of folks that have wd from heroin and tramadol said tramadol was worse. I've only wd from tram though and it's beyond horrible. I run out early before refills sometimes and it's hell.

I've been on tramadol for 7 years.

Last edited:
iv only truely withdrawed from xanax and that was hell

im trying to think but words cant explain the hell and wierdness of it all

Yea cigarettes are a motherfucker... and I think Klonopin is one of the nastiest benzos to come off of. I stopped cold turkey one time.... It was HORRID. I swapped xanax for valium with no issue... I don't know what the deal with klonopins is... but they are real bastards to come off of.

i tried to swap xanax for diazepam but the valium wld barely hold me from wd over nite , id wake up not being able to feel or move half my body until i took another hefty dose of benzos , so i just went bak and got more bricks n gave the vals to mum

Mild opiate withdrawal to both Vicodin and Oxycontin.

Was on Norco's for about 7-8 months and went through about 4 days of physical w/d with moderate emotional issues periodically throughout the w/d. Also had no energy.

The oxycontin I only took about 3 weeks or so, but the w/d lasted around 6-7 days and was mainly emotional (depression) and lethargic with minimal physical symptoms (only major one was insomnia).

Either way both sucked and I would never wish them upon anyone.

I've done a lot of drugs, but out of all of them, the worst w/ds were from Tramadol!

Yea tramadol w/ds can be pretty bad i take it for chronic pain and if I miss a dose I get real tence, anxies, depressed and over-heat.

I heard you can get seizures from comeing off it.

Yea tramadol w/ds can be pretty bad i take it for chronic pain and if I miss a dose I get real tence, anxies, depressed and over-heat.

I heard you can get seizures from comeing off it.

Yea and you can have seizures being on it too. It's an evil medication...

Once I got a pretty bad leg tremor from it once while I was in my room. I was able to get to the kitchen to tell my mom by then I had to lean on the table to prevent my self from falling. When I sat down I couldn't move either my legs at all. I grabed my legs with my arms and started moveing aroundand after a few minites I was able to move them again and walk.

my worst one and still is oxycodone. Man, I go at least on day without it I feel like shit. Total shit. Stomach cramps, nausea, can't sleep, mood swings all that and more

For me it's adderall by far, which I quit a while back and would never touch again. Outside of that probably klonopin.

Sometimes I think how great it would be if drugs like hydros, oxys, kpins, etc. just didn't have any side effects or withdrawals @ all. Then I get pissed just thinking about it, knowing that could never be the case.

WD from Herion...

I have had Herion WD They are really bad I kicked in Jail I had no bail so was there for ended up being 3 years so I experinced all the effects with out any Meds not even a proper blanket, shower,food,drinks and stuff that would just make it easier on the street the physical pains (back and legs worst) lasted about 6 day's and took me about 20 to sleep a full night sure that was a little WD and a little of my cell mate snoring and getting use to the Cell in general.. Now that I have relapse I have been trying to kick at my house with the proper things to make it easier that I had mentioned above and I can't seem to do it I am a baby when it comes to the pain for some reason I run right out and get it cause where I live it is every where and Money for me is no issue so I think this is the reason I can't get past the first 48 hours but I really need and want to I am letting a lot of people down.. Just a tad bit about my situation I could use some Tips if any one could give me a few suggestions I would really appriciate it.. Thanks every one stay strong if you fall lets get back up and get it done !!! This too shall pass.....

Opiates is the only thing I've wd from. Used for years, pills, heroin, whatever I could get. The withdraws sucked ass no doubt, but I could deal with em- all accept that motherfucker RLS. That right there set me back so many times. Like some others said I'd take physical pain over that shit. In the end after getting past the physical w/ds its always the mental shit that brings me back- the crazy bad depression & sheer boredom.

Opiates is the only thing I've wd from. Used for years, pills, heroin, whatever I could get. The withdraws sucked ass no doubt, but I could deal with em- all accept that motherfucker RLS. That right there set me back so many times. Like some others said I'd take physical pain over that shit. In the end after getting past the physical w/ds its always the mental shit that brings me back- the crazy bad depression & sheer boredom.

RLS is one of my most agonizing symptoms of tramadol withdrawal. It's really more like Restless Body Syndrome. And the crippling depression due to sub-level neurotransmitter function.

Physical symptoms are hard to describe. It's just a general, agonizing feeling of discomfort all over the body. The trick is getting through day 1. Not that those symptoms don't persist after day 1, but after the first 24 hours it seems my body gets the picture and I can handle it better.

And you nailed it with boredom :\

During acute tramadol withdrawal, I usually use benzos. But even high doses of alprazolam, etc do not let me sleep during tram w/d. Just kind of takes away the shaking.

For me, it's methadone, hands down.

I've had WDs from oxy, percs, hydros, xanax, and tramadol, and IME they didn't come close to hell that was methadone WD. They sucked, they sucked bad, but nothing like the 'done.

I was taking 130 mgs from a clinic every day for just over 18 months. Got in a fight with one of the kids at home, and wound up being arrested. I figured I'd get out in a few hours, but my husband refused to post bail. I was served divorce papers while in jail (after 20+ years of marriage.) They called me downstairs and I thought my husband had posted my bond, but instead I was served those damnable papers. Along with them came a restraining order, so I knew that even if I did post bond, I had nowhere to go. It was beyond devastating. Just the concept that I would no longer be waking up in my usual bed, going to the clinic, living my life... just knowing all that was over was a feeling I cannot put into words. (And if I could, they would not be pleasant words.)

After being served the papers, the walk back to my cell, with ankle and wrist cuffs, was the longest of my life. I wanted to break free and go through a window. I had no desire to live.
I was given Immodium and Advil twice a day for withdrawals. That was it. I remember I was so cold I'd put tube socks on my arms and pulled a sheet over my head and just prayed and prayed for death. You couldn't cry, because if anyone heard you they'd give you hell.

My brother had taken his life about two years prior, and all I could think about was doing the same. But I knew if I tried and didn't succeed, I'd be put on suicide watch, which meant I'd be in a single cell with a short paper dress and watched 24/7. Those cells were visible from where I was (the "psych ward") and the looks in the eyes of those girls was terrifying. So I just kind of existed that way for the 14 days I was in there.

I know 14 days doesn't sound like long to most people. But 130 mgs of methadone and a two-pack-a-day cigarette habit (and pretty much anything else I could find to make myself feel good) made it a living nightmare.

Even though that was almost two years ago, I still remember it so well. I'll smell something that reminds me of that time, and it's horrible. There was a song stuck in my head the whole time I was in there (a sucky song, even) -- it stayed, because there was no TV or radio in the ward. And when I hear that song, I remember it all so clearly.

I never did go back to the methadone clinic when I got out. To be honest, I would have if I could have, but I had no means of support. The divorce did happen, but by the time I got any money from it, I'd been off the 'done for almost a year, and I knew I couldn't chance it again.

I'd known opiate and benzo withdrawals before; they're what put me in the clinic to begin with. But methadone was a whole new game, and one I just couldn't afford to lose again. Now, when I take like 20 mgs of methadone, I feel great for 24 hours, and I know if I was to take my old dose of 130, I'd be joining my brother, and fast.

Not the feel-good story of the day, I know. But you said you wanted to hear the stories, and that one's mine.

Alprazolam gets my vote hands down. When w/ding from xanax after being on a high dose just the switch to valium/diazepam feels like dying. It's enough to stop the seizures but you still get the handshakes, insomnia and rebound fukkking anxiety like never before.

1. benzos (clonazepam)
2. opiates (poppies->methadone->suboxone->off)

and i stayed on the starting benzo dose for all those years, and raised my opiate dose considerably. benzo withdrawal still wins

it's fucking ouchies

edit... added specific drugs

Last edited:
Lol Ive ranted enough, im in a bit of a chatty mood which hasnt seemed to die away over the last few days, this is what I dont get, why the hell do I need meth on a day like this??? Good way to cut down those cravings.

I wonder if any of this made sense, I kinda lied, I had some methylphenidate, a few drinks and some xanax, but I consider them soft when used in the correct way(not abusing xanax and not IV'ing ritalin everyday). Needles are bad kids...Gee who am I kidding, id say most of the people in this thread IV :p Just keep it safe fellas and ladies, love life :) Im just starting to realise this.

Wall of text :D. Lol that is an awesome speed induced post right here, I wonder how meth compares to mephedrone since that shit made me wanna talk/type and feel a lot of euphoria on a level similar to what I imagine meth would be like. Am I far off?

Oh and heroin is pretty damn bad, after reading your posts describing restlessness it was like all the memories of me tossing and turning in bed kicking around going nuts. I know exactly how you feel about breaking stuff, it's necessary for survival in that state.