• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
About a year ago while withdrawing from about 1000mg's of morphine a day i was caught on day 3 which is always the worst day for me with fuck all withdrawal meds. I had clonazepam and gabapentin but they where only doing so much. I ended up slashing my arm up 20 some off times with a razor blade then i threw rubbing alcohol on it to make it really sting.

I think i did it to transfer the pain but im not sure. Great idea anyway 8)

hey,

All products have their special hangover., we have to think about the fact than many times, it s quiet impossible to know which drugs provide which dopesick felling. Cause around me and else where most of people mix all kind of psychoactiv products...then after that how to say this or that staff is the worse...
depend on your mind ,how many kg you ve indgested the last years..
and from far i don t remember to ve seen friends consuming only 1 product on long period..
it s always the same cocktails....
opiates-benzo- coke.....coke-benzo-alchol...opiates meth.. and the like...
All withdrawls from drugs aren t funny..

i think the alcholic addiction is with heroin the worse.

and far better in regards to stop quickly to find a solution u can take everyday a bit less and so for a few weeks...

in case of very longtime addiction it s potentialy dangerous (and deadfull) to stop in few days..sometimes withdrawl can be like an O D for your body..fatal..

good luck all

el k

Poppy pod tea withdrawals are horrible. They say poppy pods are just as addictive as heroin. My husband went through severe withdrawals from poppy pod tea, and when I ran out of Hydrocodone, I was going through fairly bad withdrawals, including restless legs, anxiety, & depression, but during the Hydro withdrawals, I drank one poppy pod, crushed in hot water, and it totally relieved the Hydrocodone withdrawals.

I've gone through serious Opiate withdrawal several times and it never came close to comparing to when I went through Benzo withdrawal from Xanax. It was by far the worst drug-related experience of my life.

I totally agree. i have never gone through bad opiate withdrawl but xanax for me is the worst of the worst.

My friend is a 49 year old doctor who told me that unlike herion or booze withdrawl from benzos are life threating. Herion, opiates, meth, .et al., can all make you very sick but those are both are generally recoverable.

A benzo withdrwal must be taken quite seriously.

I've gone through serious Opiate withdrawal several times and it never came close to comparing to when I went through Benzo withdrawal from Xanax. It was by far the worst drug-related experience of my life.

I totally agree. i have never gone through bad opiate withdrawl but xanax for me is the worst of the worst.

My friend is a 49 year old doctor who told me that unlike herion or booze withdrawl from benzos are life threating. Herion, opiates, meth, .et al., can all make you very sick but those are both are generally recoverable.

A benzo withdrwal must be taken quite seriously.

if someone has not had a bad experience with a benzo come down it could only be that they weren't eating often enough. I went to 5 doctors at the same time and this is what i would score before party time;

3 bottles of Halcion <(1988) - 90 pills
3 bottles of Plasydil after Halcion ban
3 bottles of Xanax (1988 til now)
3 bottles of Miltown (Meproborate)

so lets say i went to the doc(s) on the 1st of some month. I would normally have on me; 90 .5mg halcions, 180 1mg Xanax. the rest of the drugs I never liked. But i would normally finish all those drugs in just over a week. After a week and a half i started a withdrawl that took the next two weeks to recover. The first of the month comes right around and i can do it all over again.

I'm glad that today I am, still a user but I will not go through a another benzo withdrawl.

Thanks for letting me share

none of my withdrawal stories even come close to what ya'll have posted.
Currently, I'm withdrawing from 16mg suboxone daily, the police took my prescription, I know its illegal for them to do that, but they've been lying to me, saying that it was left in my vehicle.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes. I'm just starting to feel the withdrawal, I hope I can make it through this bullshit. Fuck the police.

The only time I've been in serious withdrawal was a combined benzo and tramadol withdrawal. Over a period of about two weeks I had been taking, on average, per day: 4mg Xanax, 6mg Klonopin, 80mg Valium, and 400mg tramadol. Noticeably more on some days; a few days I remember taking whole blisters of each drug. For the whole next week after I stopped use I couldn't sleep, my muscles constantly twitched, I was aching all over, I kept "seeing people" in my peripheral vision that weren't actually there, and thought up ridiculous conspiracy theories about my very best friends scheming to steal my money, girlfriend and house and stuff. Fucking awful, I'm never doing that again.

I was on 20-60mg temazepam for three months during the end of last year and didn't taper off that dose either, but got no withdrawals this time.

Combined heroin and oxy WD, that made quitting smoking look as easy as pissing... the thought of the WD alone keeps me from going back. But 5 months clean next week, I can't say I don't think to myself whenever I have money; I could go and get some straight fire right now, I could be lay in opiate induced bliss in an hour but.... no, I have willpower! :)

Heroin. Withdrawal from my longest habit was in jail, which was pretty tough.

But with the right meds, food, comfort, etc, the w/d is not as terrible as it's made out to be. You can't die from opiate w/d unless you have concurrent health problems.

Supposedly benzo/alcohol w/d is the worst (potentially fatal) but i don't plan to go there.

There was no "withdrawal" associated with meth, for me. It was actually a relief to come off meth. You sleep a lot, eat a lot, and you're tired. It's not much.

Alcohol WD was the worst for me i have been in rehab 3 times because of it and you can die if not done with the proper meds.I was a really heavy drinker i drank all day but that was because i had to kick a massive coke habit it was like 1 viciuos circle

Am I the only one who thinks being in jail makes W/D'ing easier? I mean, yeah, being in a coldass dingy cell, sick as hell sucks...a lot...a whole whole lot. But at least being locked-up you know there's no way you're gonna get the drug. On the street you end up playing mind games with yourself...I need one more hit...just one more hit...no! no I don't! suck it up! etc etc. repeat x infinity.

In jail you got nothing to do but just accept the fact that it's gonna happen, and lay the fuck down.

I ended up detoxing in the infirmary with a bunch of crazies. They would start screaming at each other every night at freakin' 2, 3, 4 in the morning...freestyling 'n shit. This one guy would be like, "I'm an animal! I'm an animal!" and snarl. It was kinda disturbing. Eventually I got annoyed enough to where I'd shout, "Shut the FUCK up, niggers!" and they'd all be like..."YOU SHUDDUP WHYT BITCH...and show me yo' titties!" Lol. Good times.

Last edited:
i agree with herronGrl. The anticipation and the mind games are the worst.

Worst WD story for me has to be a couple thanksgivings ago. Me and my family drove out to Massachusetts to visit their friends for a few days, and I was only able to afford a bundle to bring with me, and ended up doin it the first day we were there. The 8 hour drive home 3 days later was absolutely awful. I had to try to hide the WD's to the best of my abilities while being cramped in the back seat of a volkswagen with my entire family right next to me. The anticipation of getting back to Jersey was killing me. I almost lost it when we hit a huge traffic jam. When we got back home I didn't even go in the house, I just jumped straight into my car and went to go cop.

One time I had ran out of my Perc 10s script early and had to wait one day to get it filled. My insurance at the time would allow for a pharmacy override 4 days early at the most. So I had one more day until that 4 day override mark. At the time that wasn't too bad because I was usually running out 1-2 weeks early depending, and then supplementing it with whatever I could get (besides dope) on the street.

This particular day though, nothing materialized on the street...so I had to wait it out a day. I was taking about 100mg oxycodone/day then and my last dose was 20mg at 10pm the night before. Except this day I had promised a friend of a co-worker I'd help her move. She was paying me pretty well for it and I couldn't turn down the money. On top of that she rented the U-Haul and made arrangements to put stuff in storage. So...no matter how sick I was I couldn't back out.

I get to her place and she has absolutely nothing packed. I figured I'd go over there, carry some boxes and furnature (With the help of the bldg super) into a truck, drive it downtown, and unload it. She had nothing prepped. Shit was a nightmare. I had to take a bathroom break every 25 minutes and my legs were shaking. Took almost 5 hours just to get the truck loaded, then we had to drive through rush-hour Manhattan traffic to get to her new apartment; which was a 6 story WALK-UP...the whole time I'm in full blown w/d from a 100mg/day habit...cursing myself and my life and this lady and the city and just about everything else I could think of.

The real kicker is that she told me at random her mother just died of cancer and she had her mom's old pain medicine in a bag in the truck. I asked her for some and she said "no, you couldn't handle it - its morphine patches - its too strong". I figured she meant Fentanyl patches. I'm in W/Ds and there is a bag with some patches about 10 feet behind me?? I couldn't/didn't want to tell her I was basically a pill junkie and NEEDED it right now so I sat in silence, trying not to shit my pants. When we got to the storage unit and she went in side to get things in motion I ravaged the truck looking for that bag. She ended up catching me and it was very awkward :\

After 12 hours my day was over and I was ready to head home. I remembered I left my bookbag with 2 10mg Percs at a friends. I was so fuckin happy. So I stopped by and ended up catching him. Those 2 10mgs felt like 100mg after a day like that.

The next day I got my script filled and vowed I'd never experience W/D again (I was wrong about that)...

Theres also been times where I was trying to fill a script, in full W/D, and the pharmacy was out. So I'd ask the pharmacist to call other locations to see if they had what I need in stock. I remember taking like a 45 minute train ride out to Queens on multiple occasions, going to a 24 hour pharmacy dozens of times as soon as the clock struck midnight and the date had changed (which meant I could fill the script), all sorts of shit. Those types of W/D and problems aint shit compared to kicking dope in jail thats for sure... but not having a fix, no matter what it is, is hell

Last edited:
I was on 80mg of methadone, and had been coming down slowly off of 120mg at the clinic. I had been on the methadone clinic for about 1 year at this point.

I got arrested and put in jail for quite some time.

They at least threw me in a cell by myself for the first week. I shit on myself and rolled around on the floor and cried and screamed and punched my legs and didn't sleep AT ALL for a week.

They laughed at me and offered me a fucking tylenol.

FUCKING ASSHOLES.

I've done a lot of drugs, but out of all of them, the worst w/ds were from Tramadol!

Benzodiazepines by FAR.

I had a 5.5 year heavy benzo habit, and getting off that was the fucking worst experience of my life, makes my oxycodone withdrawal look like a cake walk. I had a 600mg/day Oxycodone habit, and yes it was rough, but withdrawals from oxycodone only lasted a little over a week for me.

To this day, 5 months later, I am still battling a little bit of physical withdrawal from heavy benzo use.. (cold sweats, extreme skin sensitivity, mild anxiety).. :\

but much better from what I was anyways..

^How much benzos were u using daily? Benzo addiction in my opinion Triazolam being probably the worst.

obvi. crack. duh.

then i would say opiates, hands downnn. its the worst man.

Nicotine and benzodiazepines.

I've used both of them for 10 years and had attempts of getting off them before but never could stay off them. I've been tapering off Klonopin for 8 months and now that I've got low enough I've switched to Valium to make withdrawals easier and to get off the Valium it will take another 5 months. Because of this I'm smoking more! Argh