• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I thought benzos were bad, but I dont feelm sick when I wake up after taking xanax. Opiates are becoming a reeal bitch

Benzos, alcohol and barbs.

They're the only drugs that can actually be fatal to withdraw from.

Ive been realy curious about something, if the withdrawal effects of benzos are so bad, and u know when u come off of them you will have bad anxiety then why not just stay on them for the rest of your life, is using benzos for the rest of your life really that bad, i mean first of all you wont experience withdrawal symptoms and second, u wont have such bad anxiety as you would when your off them? (for people that have an anxiety disorder)

Cos the dose you need to get relief has a habit of going up and up. At some point it will get too high for you to be able to function normally on and things get very messy. Plus, being on benzos long-term is pretty shit.

After a while your brain simply needs more benzo. Even on high amounts, I've felt w/d. There comes a point where no real amount can stop withdrawal symptoms. Benzo w/d is fucking horrible; probably worse is zolpidem...

apparently poppy pods are absolutely horrific in terms of withdrawal. Probably something to do with the 50 odd different active alkaloids...

;)

I've had the opportunity of experiencing withdrawals from so many drugs via taper, cold-turkey and detox/rehabs and by far I'd have to answer the question with Clonazepam. For some reason it was tougher getting off the Klonopin than it was the Xanax. I had two attempts of tapering off the benzos and both periods I couldn't go any longer than a year. The physical withdrawals (shakes/cold sweats/insomnia/tremors) just linger forever and never ended. That and the psychological withdrawals (anxiety mostly which made me crave them so much) never dissipated.

Opiates are tough cookies as well. I started with pills and after my first attempt I relapsed and wound up with a Heroin addiction. Now, my second attempt I went onto Methadone to get off the Heroin and now Suboxone to get off the Methadone. I'm 1mg of Buprenorphine from getting off the opiates for good.

Whether it be psychological or physical, What is the hardest drug you've ever tried to stop doing? Could be pain medications, could be DXM or anything.

I would just like to hear some stories, experiences or opinions :)

Methadone, methadone, and methadone..........the physical withdrawal is the worst of any opiate I've ever done. Obviously this is just my opinion. Hope this helps : )

methadone,hands down the shit should be banned thought i was going to die.......
alcohol fuckin horrible as well dt.s and seizures while in jail not nice..esp with a stupid cunt of a doctor trying to hand you paracetamol...

methadone,hands down the shit should be banned thought i was going to die.......

This. I've gone through heroin, suboxone and methodone withdrawls. By far methodone is the worst. Been through it twice. The second time was in prison. Yup. Good times.

Of those three suboxone is the easiest. Again, by far. I've never dropped off of a high dose so maybe it can be bad, I don't know. But I've taken it all the way down to one mg and then gone off. Legs hurt like hell for a few days and it's hard to sleep but that's about it.

I really don't know why anyone would go on methdone these days.

tramadol WD is really fucking awful. i felt like i was on the constant verge of having a seizure & felt like shit no matter what i did. for me it's like wding from an opiate & SSRI at the same time

alcohol wd is meh - lots of depression. i'm used to that. the shakes are discomforting tho. idk. i drank heavily but never had really bad withdrawals

benzos are bad.. so much anxiety sometimes i'd get dizzy and vomit. no sleep for a week. depression, depersonalization- psychosis

ambien wd is fucking nasty; especially when abused for a while - absolutely no sleep, ever. total dysphoria. migraines. insane irritability & restlessness, suicidal ideation- major depression, crying, possible seizures.. luckily i didn't have any.. food tastes & smells like garbage (sth unique w/ ambien apparently)

opiates- morphine wd is shitty, but bearable. i felt like i had the flu for a couple days & felt sad. the depression sucks for sure. at least i could cry tho

stims (meth, coke, etc) have their own wd hell.. i guess i'm used to them now but they are debilitating at times.. so sketchy, so exhausted..no motivation. foggy headed. life is bleh. nothing has meaning. nothing brings pleasure or joy. i feel empty. this lasts months, maybe forever

anti-psychotics - zyprexa wd is like an acid trip gone bad. the drug for schizophrenia made me schizophrenic in the end.. psychosis.. visuals, voices, music, people watching me.. none of it was there but i wasn't sure what was real at the time..unsettling. parasites under my skin, vivid nightmares so disturbing i avoided sleeping. also the lovely tardive dyskenesia making me move in all sorts of strange ways i had no control over. that scared me the most.. like if i was going to have permanent TD! luckily i don't

SSRIs - nothing like electric shocks and psychosis to ease you back into sobriety eh. at least i don't feel like one of the living dead anymore

i can't decide on the worst one. maybe tramadol. i don't like feeling like my brain is fried & that i'm about to have a seizure all the time

I've had the opportunity of experiencing withdrawals from so many drugs via taper, cold-turkey and detox/rehabs and by far I'd have to answer the question with Clonazepam. For some reason it was tougher getting off the Klonopin than it was the Xanax. I had two attempts of tapering off the benzos and both periods I couldn't go any longer than a year. The physical withdrawals (shakes/cold sweats/insomnia/tremors) just linger forever and never ended. That and the psychological withdrawals (anxiety mostly which made me crave them so much) never dissipated.

Clonazepam is the worst benzo wd i've experienced as well. It's the only one that made me physically vomit - despite that i was tapering

By comparison, alprazolam (xanax) was a breeze (tho debilitating, not crippling) & diazepam was the easiest by a long shot (tho not fun)

I also think there's def permanent damage done, in my case. I didn't have panic attacks till after i wd from clonazepam

I have withdrawn from heroin, marijuana, oxycodone, alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine and xanax and by far, I don't know why but the worst was...

xanax

Physical withdrawals would be heroin by a mile but when I was hooked up a box of 2mg every 2 days, well let me just try and explain how I remember it, it felt like someone had pulled my brain out of my skull, put the stove on to 180 degrees and fried it. It was like nothing I have ever experienced before, such a horrible horrible thing to go through. I went through it in a private psychiatric ward and I was still in such immense mental pain. Despite the loveliness of a xanax high, I'll never even rail a 0.5 again. Never.

Opiates - all the typicAl symptoms you here of so bad: my whole body just throbed w pain, stomach cramping, vomitting, shitting, sweating, shivering, bouts of delerium, never being able to get warm enough even tho sweating buckets, feeling like someone's punched you in both your kidneys - horrid

I have withdrawn from heroin, marijuana, oxycodone, alcohol, cigarettes, cocaine and xanax and by far, I don't know why but the worst was...

xanax

Physical withdrawals would be heroin by a mile but when I was hooked up a box of 2mg every 2 days, well let me just try and explain how I remember it, it felt like someone had pulled my brain out of my skull, put the stove on to 180 degrees and fried it. It was like nothing I have ever experienced before, such a horrible horrible thing to go through. I went through it in a private psychiatric ward and I was still in such immense mental pain. Despite the loveliness of a xanax high, I'll never even rail a 0.5 again. Never.

idk why but for me, xanax depression is the worst... once tolerance builds i'll sink into a deep depression. then experience a kind of raw, intense depression during withdrawal, which sometimes lingers or fades into a feeling of emptyness or isolation

out of the benzos, diazepam has given me a negligble amount of depression. usually i'd just feel leveled out and long-lasting relief from bad vibes

I am thankful I haven't had to worry about withdraw from any substance yet, but I would say marijuana is the hardest not to do. I usually use other drugs sparingly to prevent such an occurrence.

Well from expierence I would have to say opiates. For me thats heroin and oxycodone..
I remember oxycodone being more intense version of heroin w/d but then again that was the first drug i ever had w/d's from.From then on kept steady habit and made sure to never run out so i never w/d again until i found dope. Heroin w/d on the other hand is more prolonged and your mind fucks with you hard as hell after you quite. You're minds always telling you over and over again: "let's get some diesel." Like right now i got bank account full of money i just want to withdraw it all and get dope. Oh, and let me state that i'm talking about white powder dope , none of the black tar in jersey/nyc area. Anyways, to sum up everything dope is longer and oxy is stronger in terms of withdrawl.

IME its Opana. But many times its probably going to be the drug you were most addicted too at the highest doses.