• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Methadone
Benzos
I've heard Suboxone can be quite a bitch if stopped cold turkey for someone who's taking like 16 or 24 mg a day. Why do people take 24 mg of subs a day anyway? I just don't understand that. IMO 8mgs is enough, maybe 16 if its a heavy habit

wosrt withdrwals

I have had some hard core wd from methadone i.e. did not sleep at all for19.5 days. the sweaty clothes, a gross smell coming out of my pores, the shits and vomiting simultaneously, kickikg legs, no appetite, dilated pupils....
Also had withdrawal from XanaX andklonopin on top of the methadone..yes, this was seemingly an eternal time in hell
I thought I was a drug addict as opposed toan alcoholic. I heard horror stories of alcohol dts but never gave it a thought compared to the methadone + benzo withdrawal, UNTIL I EXPERIENCED IT! and OMG, alcohol is no joke. I know benxos hit the same receptors as alcohol, but they are clean, meaning pharmeceutically purified. BUT ALCOHOL withdrawal for real was the absolute worst withdrawal than any other. Those few five days and nights , I can't explain, I was going insane. I could not sit still, I has extreme anxiety that came over mw in waves every minuite, then gradually every two minuites and so forth. I vomited shook, blood pressure was 188/94. Pulse 125. So dehydrated, but all the water I was drinking wasn't able to process properly because my kidneys were all out of wack. Peeing was a relief! Knowing that the toxins were at lease coming out. I could feel my heart poundind and it felt tired. You will literally remember every single second of every minuite that goes by. After I seizured, I felt better. But I now know I am alcoholic and I don't drink. It just keeps me awake. It sucks. i will go as far as to say that I would go through benzo WD over alc WD anyday! Alcohol is a brutal addiction!:X

oops, sorry about all the misspellings, valium is hitting. I also forgot to add that the alcohol WD makes you itch like mad. It feels like there a million spiders crawling all over your body. I will never forget it and I will never do that again! God forbid.

For me, Xanax, horrible, I ended up having a seizure while driving, totaled my car and someone else's and ended up in the hospital. I don't even remember the accident, there's about 7 minutes that I can't remember at all from that night. Luckily I only broke my wrist and sprained my ankle and the other person wasn't hurt at all. But before the seizure ever happened, the confusion, the constant panic and restlessness drove me crazy, then I started vomiting, stomach pains, just feeling like I was going to lose my mind completely. All this happened after coming off of 1-2mg of Xanax daily for 2 years, I went 3 days without it cold turkey all because of a mix up at the pharmacy (some kind of miscommunication between the doctor's office and the pharmacy). I didn't think I was at risk for a seizure, I was driving to pick up my refill when all this happened. Had I known I could have had a seizure I wouldn't have drove.

I've withdrawn from various opiates, mainly poppies, hydrocodone, oxycodone, suboxone, and they were hell to come off of too, but I'd never been on any of them for longer than 6-9 months at a time. There is just an element of psychosis that came along with the Xanax withdrawal that puts it at the top of my list.

So, Xanax and then opiates. I'm on Klonopin now. I can't seem to get much lower than 1.5mg Klonopin a day without feeling extremely on edge and uncomfortable.

My experience is that Opiates are the hardest to WD from, but thats just due to my psyh make up. Benzo's, for me are don't produce withdrawls. I get 60 2mg xanax bars a month and have never experienced WD, even after a 3 month break....OC would most likely rate number one on the addictive scale for me even above H, keep in mind I dont IV. I have heard some people talk about kratom for matinence, ppl that have had opiate addictions tend to have bad kratom WD and ppl who have not tend to have minimal if even any WD. Kratom sneaks up on you, and you get to the point where you have to dose every 2hrs to not get sick. Kratom WD are like other opiates (I know its not it just hit the receptors) Benzos do not alleviate the the symptoms at all (all the same as OC but with worse insomnia IMO). I have taken 30mg of hydro to stave off Kratom WD but it barley worked, however if I use Tramadol the I dont feel any WD and am clean from Kratom in 1 week. I think this is due to the SSRI effects that Tramadol has considering the near psyhcosis some ppl experience for kratom WD. Just dont use Kratom to get off of Opiates. I was up to 160mg of OC a day , decided I was done got some Suboxon, took that for about 1 month weening down, then went to codeine for 2 weeks, then cold. The tapering method works well for me but you have to have the determination.

Nicotine ? Meth?

[
klonopin withdrawal was almost worse than heroin withdrawal (possibly even worse). The initial withdrawal didn't seem as intense as heroin but the thing about klonopin withdrawal is that it takes for-fucking-ever to start feeling better.

I swear it took at least 3 weeks to feel any real improvement. So IMO benzo withdrawal is probably worse, simply because it takes so damn long before you feel any better at all. And I was only using daily for about 5 months at most.

I was using about 6-10mgs a day of klonopin btw.

I was up to 20 mgs of Klonopin and felt nothing from them this was while I was in Nepal where all it takes is a trip to the pharmacy for almost any benzo in existence. the withdrwal was intolerable for a week No sleep, sucicidal thoughts, trembling body and anxiety. Heroin is short and sweet if you get past the hump.

I m surprised no one has mentioned nicotine and crack or meth as these are the notorious ones.

for me hands down is an old drug called hemineverin.3 weeks on a high dose of this powerful sedative is like a mixture of the worst opiates and benzo wd with a small touch of alc dts thrown in to make it more fun.then its has to be methadone h and poppy tea followed by alc then diazepam.the alc wd was only from drinking a litre of vod for 3 months but i imagine it would be horrendous after years of daily abuse.kratom is very easy though as is librium.

withdrawl horror stories

So, ive been threw alot withdrawling. I would like to know how many of you out there have a horror story about withdrawling. ill start with my worst of all worst storys.

Im 6 foot 210 with the habbit of epic proportions. Heroin is my drug of choice but back then it was all and everything.

keep in mind in jail no one cares not even the nurses. no help in sight hopeless almost. on the side of my cell reads ye who pass here abandon all hope.

its march of 2008 in Mayor, AZ. Riding along I-17 on the way back with a dope train. to make a really long story short i ended up in jail with a serious habbit.
My last shot was right befor leaving the house in phx az. This was about 4 hous befor i was arrested. sitting in the cell still feeling a pritty good buzz i couldent help but wonder if my body was about to make it threw what i knew was coming. i fall asleep...

For those of you who havent had the opertunity to make it to county jail its prolly the worst place you could ever imagine to have withdrawl symtoms. Know this all you get is a cup, plastic spoon, mini soap, and a tooth brush with tooth paste. A mat that has been slept on by more then 5000 people over years of use and smells as if a racoon ate some thai food then shit in an amputees stump hole.

now were was i ohhh yes...~~~

I wake the next day promply at 5 in the morning(i had fallen asleep about 1 hour prior)they feel the need to wake you that erly because ther erly bird gets the wrom... thats what the guard told me... any idea how angery you can get at a guard comming down off h after 3 years hard use with almost 0 breaks. to say the least it made me angery. on top of that he handed me a plate with a white peice of toast an apple and some rice crispys. i held my cup out to get a half glass of milk. now as time goes on as u can imagine the symptoms get worse. as for that day it was fun to be all high in jail for a little. but fuck its cold in here.

the next day

I wake WET from head to toe. its so cold. my spine writhes in pain up and down back and forth. my cellie notices how pale i look and trys to call a guard... no answer. i crawl out of bed to begin vomiting black almost phical looking matter. the taste i dont even want to go into unless youve licked the underside of a goats scrodum durring matting season. but for real i needed help. i could feel my stomach slowly burning away i cant even explane this part something that hasnt happend durring any withdrawls since.(come to find later i had bleeding ulcers) Finnaly after banging on the bars and pissing everyone in my pod off a guard came to talk to me i told him what was going on and for lack of a better term he totally faged off and did nothing. it wasnt till chow when i wasnt able to get out of bed to walk did the guard get the nurse to come look at me.

In the infermary

As i lie there think about all the decitions i had made over the last 3 years i pin pointed alot of places i had went wrong and started to have some of the worst depression of my life. Im normally a happy human for the most part but for the first time in my life i wanted to end it all. only thing was i had put myself in one of the only situations were there was no acess to life ending apptitudes of doom. So lying there head pounding and anal sphinceter not working i start to slowly loosing my mind. there are 2 people in the infermary with me an alchohalic in super withdrawls shacking and the whold bit and some psycho who shappend a spoon. i have been able to pin pont my life down to this one moment that is my all time low and that was me making a verbal deal with this withdrawling alchoholic that if i help him off the toilet he will give me his cake with chow.

That night in the infermary

I dont remember much of the stuff that happend that first night but between me not being able to sit still for more then 2 seconds. the old withdrawling alchy chattering and moning. But worst of all was the psycho who kept yelling for the nurse just to tell her every time she came to the door "can i go now".

As the lights come on the guards feed the infermary first. i find myself not being able to eat any thing. so i squrall food for myself. most of this day is spent simply trying not to loose my mind. i was reading a book but i couldent tell you a single word of it today i just remember looking at the book between the toilet and changing my underpants every 3 hours or so cuz i shit myself.

Last day in the infermary 3 days total

people would come and go threw the infermary. one dude was stabed i was scared yes but i had to be brave and show no weekness. but being sick after a 3 year binge you cant even defend yourself. alot of guys i was able to talk to and relate with on some level. everyone in jail likes you when you are able to give all your food away cuz you eat NOTHING. on this day my bowls are really looseing control now. i stand and cant seem to keep the discharge back. i decide i need to be back in genpop due to the fact there is a tv... just something to take my mind of this pain. another sleepless night filled with loud routy inmates that wont STFU!!!

next morning

im in genpop they moved me right befor morning chow... its easyer that way.
Nothing seems to be going my way i have court this day. I wake get a razor and shave. i see the judge in 30 min. i get back from scentincing. Trafficing of a narcadic drug (for sale) Class 2 Felony. Bail 50,000 dollars.

im crushed, im never getting out of here i think. realizing how bad of a situation im in i call my parents getting them in the mix. they had no idea of my habbit i kept it secret so well for so long i was faced with the humilliating task of telling my parents i was nothing but a no good junky now. befor i had graduated from collage and was a computer tech for a private ferm. now all that my car my house my bank acounts EVERYTHING takin from me by the police.

My head is f'in pounding... my stomach aches so hard... everytime i ask for new underpants every guard has to ask why i need them. i want to die at this point.

day 5

i start to feel what i would dscribe as Progressing. Not better but just able to get up and get my food and maybe keep somehting down. from this point on nothing special except if was in jail for the rest of it. and for the next 2 years.

see if u can top it. dont feel like you have to write as much as i did i just wanted to express my feelings about the jail system en such. if u just wanna tell us about the place and what made it so shitty most of us know what goes along with withdrawl symptoms.

Withdrawing from longterm benzo and oxy use in the psych ward for over a week was hell that I won't even try to describe with words. They didn't believe I was WDing from the amount I told them until after the seizure. Pricks. They gave me clonidine and smoke breaks atleast.

I've been through the same ordeal. Withdrawling in jail is quite the experience. You're right when you say that NO ONE cares. Absolutely no one, if you try and tell a CO that'd you're WD'ing you might get a laugh and that is it. What else would you expect though, ya' know. In Passaic County NJ, heroin flows pretty freely through the system however. It's just that in the first few days WD'ing you don't know anybody or have commissary to buy dope with. So by the time you can grab some dope you're through most of the withdrawls. If you're lucky you end up getting stuck with someone in intake that is packin' (has a condom in their ass) dope. Usually these people see that you'd WD'ing and them being junkies too will usually hook you up. People will either come in with Dope or Bupe (because its long acting and you can bring A LOT). I've seen people come in with 70 suboxones + 30 Klonopins all powdered up in their ass! It's all chance that you get stuck with someone like this in intake however, so it can be really good or really bad.

Damn! What a story. I thought I had it bad. Withdrawing from Oxy at home with cheap T1 Codeine and some Ativan. God, that Ativan bottle disappeared quick.

withdrawing from (what was some of the purest dope i ever done, shooting about 2 bundles a day(of fire shit) and benzos, i got arrested at 830 in the AM on Friday morning in the hood. didn't do any dope that day, got moved around from one shitty jail cell to another and from 1 station to another until finally friday night they took me down County jail. it wasn't real bad charges so i figured i'd pay my bail and get out that night. i was waiting in processing in the little rooms withdrawing my ass off (and it is freezing), having to lay ur head on a roll of toilet paper, shitting in front of 10 other dudes, so finally i got processed and my bail was posted BUTTTTTTTT, i couldn't leave until i saw the "BC" which is the Behavioral Counselor. AND OF COURSE, it was MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SOOOO the BC wasn't coming in until the following Wednesday! Had to withdraw in jail for all those extra days when i could've just left that Friday night but since i tried to fight a guard at one of the previous holding stations before they took me to County, they put that i had to c the Behavior Counselor on my record which prevented me from going anywhere until this Indian doctor showed up a week later almost (who barely spoke English anyways so what kind of REAL evaluation was he doing for me/on me). ANY jail withdrawal stories always suck....

Kicking in jail is definitely the absolute worst, I've done it more times than I care to count. The only reason I can even admit it is that I don't get arrested anymore. Funny thing, I don't do dope and I don't go to jail. It's been since 2002 but dammit I can remember it like yesterday.
Freezing , nothing to comfort you AT ALL, other inmates look upon you with disdain and don't want you in their cell (how soon they forget). COs being real dicks about it calling you a junkie whore and stuff. NO SLEEP and sick as a dog dying. Your mom crying with relief on the other end of the phone because it's at that point where your loved ones WISH you'd get locked up before you die. Not even having stuff to wash your ass and the water is no where near hot enough.
Screw the infirmary- it just makes it worse and isn't worth the tiny clonidine, get into debt right away because you'll buy any psych med that will make you sleep.
Sometimes you get locked up in the hole right away if you're unable to stand for count or get up for chow- that's a real treat.
And all you have is time to think about how badly you fucked up. Again.

Oh man I am so glad that's behind me. I was fully strung out for the nineties, all of them and a couple years of the next decade too. I still party and I've even been on suboxone from doing too many pills, kicked them twice now at home. It was a cakewalk both times.Anything is compared to kicking in jail.

It was a cakewalk both times.Anything is compared to kicking in jail.

yup if i ever do withdrawl now with my friends or gf they always make it to be so overdramatic. Sometimes i think if they had to do that in jail they would just die. and they only do dope for like 3 weeks at a time at the most lol its not even that good