• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Poppy pods all by themself was enough to get me in a psychward.

Whats funny is I thought that detoxes were to help you come off of drugs in a more pleasant manner, the fvckn darvocets they gave me didn't do shit.
I had to ask the nurse about a hundred times if they would allow my parents to drop some Kratom off. Of course they weren't having it but I would have much rather prefered Kratom then the shitty darvs I got in there.

It was a dual detox/psychward ftr.

Propoxyphene is such a worthless excuse of an opioid. The least effective and the most dangerous side effects. I've also been to detox; twice, and they handed out Darvocet to some people. I was there for harder opioids so I went through the 10-day Methadone Detox, along with Phenobarbital/Diazepam combination for poly substance abuse. Anyway, most everyone put on Darvocet complained and asked for Tramadol or Hydrocodone instead. At this time Suboxone hadn't been fully approved for opioid detox, too bad for you and those who were forced to take Darvocet.

Propoxyphene is such a worthless excuse of an opioid. The least effective and the most dangerous side effects. I've also been to detox; twice, and they handed out Darvocet to some people. I was there for harder opioids so I went through the 10-day Methadone Detox, along with Phenobarbital/Diazepam combination for poly substance abuse. Anyway, most everyone put on Darvocet complained and asked for Tramadol or Hydrocodone instead. At this time Suboxone hadn't been fully approved for opioid detox, too bad for you and those who were forced to take Darvocet.

Couldn't agree more.
The WHOLE reason I went to detox was I didn't wanna go through the pain of wds.

I was lying in my bed on like day 4 I remember sweating/kicking my wall & just thinking "no matter how bad my habit ever gets again, I'm not coming back to a detox". But I would have imagined I could have got the methadone you did if I was on heroin or something.
No matter how serious I tried to explain that my habit was, the fact I was extracting my own opium from pods just didn't seem serious enough for them.

I was in there thinking about when I had ran out of pods before, and was forced to use Kratom instead, and the withdrawals almost didn't even exist. Not to mention how much safer Kratom prob is then Darvs. Well you live & learn I guess.

fent and oxy combination......short but fucking HORRIBLE.....up to 50mg's of fent(yeah thats alot i know this) and 100-500mgs of oxy daily.....i tend not to stop when i start....

Opioid withdrawals are usually short but very devastating. Methadone withdrawals are like a long lasting opioid devastation though.

hands down, HEROIN. beautiful drug to get high from. absolutely horrible drug to come off from... like most posters' on here, the sneezing, sweating, chills, and constant pain (back pain for me is the worst) the lack of sleep, and the constant diarrhea. the bowel movements were horrible cuz there was nothing but acid in ur stomach so acid in- acid out, imagine shitting acid 20 times in one day for 2 or 3 days, u pretty much have no asshole left cuz its been 'raw'd off...

^This is EXACTLY how it is ,no exageration whatsoever ...was on coke and speed for years and years and I actually found both easier to quit than , say , cigs are. As for Heroin I wouldn't put it better myself ...hands down the worst nightmare one can think of . On another note I've been using benzos lately perhaps more than I should,keeping it low though ,nothing above ,say,1mg alprazolam/daily or 15mgs Midazolam ...this along with Subutex I'm currentely using for maintenace which I've already managed to taper down to 1.5-2mgs/daily.

Opiates and Benzos by far worse withdraw then any drug. Any drug that can cause physical withdraw is worse the mental withdraw period. Mental withdraw may seem really bad in your head, but after few weeks your feeling fine, after few months of clean time your mostly functioning normal. And I was addicted to meth for a few years. With proper diet and care from my doctor I was up and functional with in a week, cravings were gone with 5 months clean time. Been 2 years and I have never used meth. I use minor prescription stims from time to time but in very low dosages for school purposes.

The tachycardia, RLS, and the general "feeling like shit" while trying to get some sleep but unable to. Fortunately I just get the physical symptoms these days, none of the psychological ones.

The leg cramps and brain "zaps" are the worst IMHO. ;/

-- Peace o/

i think the mental mindfuck has to be the worst. and not being able to go to sleep for a whole night cause youre in pain.

i wanted to see if anyone else got this one other symptom though. Whenever I havent had any dope in a day or two, my jaw gets a little stiff almost and cracks whenever i open it. Like i can feel the pieces of my jaw rubbing together and making noise and sometimes its loud and cracks real loud. I have thought of all kinds of reasons for this but its somehow from withdrawal and kicks in when other shit does, not any sooner, and i cant ever feel it any other time. ever happen to anyone? my one friend woke up with lockjaw one time and said he was scared shit and didnt know what to do. he told his mom to come home from work and all that to take him to the doctor. then im pretty sure he just blew some d and was miraculously all better. idk its fuckin weird.

Benzodiazepines, hands down.

The withdrawals from those once nearly killed me. I went into convulsions, stopped breathing and turned blue. The parademics turned up just in time!

I will agree with most here saying that benzo withdrawal, for me specifically xanax, is a form of hell so absolutely awful that I would not wish the experience on an arch enemy.

You don't know hell to quitting cold turkey off of 4mg or more a day, and reaching day 3 without a dose as you slowly feel your brain and nervous system cracking and literally going haywire.

I had a seisure, my heart stopped, I woke up in straps not knowing who I was or where I was (oh I woke up in a mental institution) rock on!

Combos of this is the worst to me.

Oxycontins, alcohol, and benzos, is the worst combo.

I'm two years strong of doing this combo, and it feels like I got ran over by a garbage truck every time it wears off.
It just feels like shit. Especially if you have to take one, you always hope it will be solid, but it's just another vomit out of your ass.

The worst is most definitely the depression: the irritability, the anger that never fades, directed at nothing but everything at the same time. The inexplicable sadness, the anxiety, not being able to sleep but wanting to do ONLY that. Wishing to either disappear or get your fix.

And the cycle continues.

The worst is most definitely the depression: the irritability, the anger that never fades, directed at nothing but everything at the same time. The inexplicable sadness, the anxiety, not being able to sleep but wanting to do ONLY that. Wishing to either disappear or get your fix.

And the cycle continues.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

i hate how it fucks up sleep so much. first of all it is hard as hell to actually get to sleep.
then waking up every few hours covered in sweat or shivering. then the dope dreams.
then in the morning, i'm not able to go back to sleep but my body hurts too much to get up.

for me, it's the hot/cold flashes and intense craving. shizznit. cant sleep sweating so much either.

Ugh, yes it does. :p

Is it part of a greater plan, like to get clean, or are you just out? That seems to make a difference.

Has anyone else noticed the foul smell one's sweat has while dopesick? I had to throw away several cotton t-shirts I had worn last summer during ctwd. Even after several washings, they still smelled like dirty ashtrays or something. The sweating itself is bad enough, but the horrible odor just makes it even worse. I even had to switch antiperspirants after getting clean, as the smell of the one I was using during w/d reminded me of how I smelled during that time, and would make me sick to my stomach all over again.

Cold, clammy, nasty sweats. Good times, good times! 8)

I can't use certain deodorants/shower soaps either because of that... especially the stuff I had in rehab.
Awful smell to me now.

alrighty, so today is day 8 and i'll share with everyone the worse of the worse.
here is a little background info
i stopped sub use on day 4 and i shot every day for about 16 months straight, sometimes up to 15 bags a day

the worst is...the cold chills, the feeling that you will never be warm again, the restless arms that only stop when you punch yourself. the endless sweating, and the putrid smell of the sweat. the shits that will not end. just will not ever end. never being hungry. never. the depression that seems to stretch on endlessly like an ocean of terrible thoughts, anger, and panic. the thought that everything is better on the stuff. the ability to do nothing but lay in your bed and hurt, feeling as if you can never accomplish anything unless you're on it.

and finally....the horrible truth being that you're only 15 minutes away from copping and can make all of this go away and odds are.... you're going to... and all of that will begin again.

Last edited:
I have a phlem prob so when I'm getting off oxy.. my throat fills up with it
and Its thick and no matter how much water I drink or swallow its still there. :(
also RLS.
no sleep

Honestly I hate the physical effects. I know the mindfuck is pretty bad, but iunno, I'm used to that mindstate - i get it when I run out of weed (most times at least). So I can usually "tolerate" the psychological shit.

What drives me to take more is the physical problems (mainly the pain in the back and legs), also the fact that most times I go into withdrawal I usually have shit to take care of. Which makes it worse. Dunno how many times I had to mission it to university classes in withdrawal. Legs and back killing me - nose all runny and shit, constantly sniffing in class. I had to down 1500mg of Tylenol + 2 Ibuprofen + 2 Immodium just to be able to go to class and stay in there without running out to shit out water every 15 - 20mins lol.