• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Benzo's BY FAR

Going through DT's is something i never want to go through again D:

Benzodiazepines, hands down.

The withdrawals from those once nearly killed me. I went into convulsions, stopped breathing and turned blue. The parademics turned up just in time!

Benzodiazepines, ran out of kpins early again. couldnt sleep, was soaked in sweat 24/7

got my refill yesterday, ended up taking 8mg. took 4mg today. feeling back to normal and great now

i've wded from fentanyl, oxy, and morphine cold turkey, and its easy compared to Benzodiazepines:p

I wd from clonazepam many times without many problems, just anxiety... I use it for 10 years

For me, opiates wd, especially Methadone is fucking horrible

The worst withdrawals for me would have to be a combination of methadone and kolonpin. Two weeks of absolute hell.

LEXAPRO!!! shaking eyes, insomnia, delusion, hearing sounds, feels like a constant phone ringing in your head, and fucking hallucinations! FUCK ANTI DEPRESSANTS!

When I was hooked on DXM I told myself that I was the most fucking incredible person in the world because I had found the most beautiful way of life ever, and nobody in this world is anywhere near as awesome as me unless they drink Robitussin too. My comparison with other human beings was based around whether they had the balls to robotrip with me or not. This was only while I was not intoxicated. Would you call that withdrawal? I never had sane thoughts. Then it came to a point where my thoughts became nonsense and dribble and my words were dull and rehashed simplicity. An absolute butchery of my true self. So I fucking stopped. For a long time. Regardless of that horrible experience, DXM is still my closest friend and I've already forgiven it, we just made an agreement to make our visits very very moderate.

Dissociatives are fun. Just don't ever fall into the vortex, or you'll lose your true self in a very sick and twisted way, until it just becomes miserable.

Man, worst withdrawals for me were easily from adderall. I hate to even think about it. My heart would be racing dangerously, I would have horrible headaches, couldn't sit still, and literally thought I was dying a lot of times. I've quit em' for good, I will never touch amphetamines again.

Dissociatives are fun. Just don't ever fall into the vortex, or you'll lose your true self in a very sick and twisted way, until it just becomes miserable.

I would have to second that reply about losing your true self. I use Ketamine every weekend and you do become a different person. I don't know who I am anymore. However, Ketamine has helped me stay clean from opiates and other hardcore drugs. Dissociatives are very odd.

Xanax. And the WD was so horrible, I told my doctor I couldn't do it. And HE wasn't the one who wanted me to - *I* wanted me to, but after literally losing my mind even with a s-l-o-w taper, I knew I couldn't continue.

FWIW, I take 3-4mg/day for 5-6 years now.

Good luck to you who are WDing right now.

when i run low on benzos it makes methadone withdrawl seem like a walk in the park....

so benzos

From everything I have heard and read, I am going to assume benzo's (never W/D from them myself). I do have anxiety and have had panic attacks, so I know how bad that can be. I can only imagine going through that for weeks on benzo W/D. I'd probably end up in jail for robbing a pharmacy.

Right now, I am on day 3 of Effexor W/D and let me tell you, I will never take another antidepressant. It's so bad I got 600mg of Oxy and 300mg Diazapam sitting right next to me, but I am too sick to touch either. All I do is drink 7UP and eat corn chips and mild salsa (which is strangely relaxing and easy on my stomach). That and crap, stumble around from the dizzyness, hear things that aren't there, stay awake for 40-50 hours at a time, and just generally feel like runny shit on a slice of burnt toast. It's like a really bad flu with delerious fever, body aches and a compelte inability to do anything that requires active thought without considerable force of will to concentrate.

Xanax. And the WD was so horrible, I told my doctor I couldn't do it. And HE wasn't the one who wanted me to - *I* wanted me to, but after literally losing my mind even with a s-l-o-w taper, I knew I couldn't continue.

FWIW, I take 3-4mg/day for 5-6 years now.

Good luck to you who are WDing right now.

Same situation I'm currently in except its Klonopin, not Xanax. I tapered 0.5mg monthly from a 4mg dose and at 1.5mg I started to lose my mind so I decided to tell my doctor that I gave up the fight and now I'm on 2.5mg.

I've been on either Xanax (max 8mg) or Klonopin (max 6mg) for roughly 10-11 years now and with the smallest decrease in dose I can feel withdrawal symptoms creeping up. I've asked my doctor if I could do the Diazepam taper but he always changes the subject and shrugs. Oh well... :\

Do you mean the diazapam taper where you ultimately end up using a syringe to adjust the dose?

No, you don't use a syringe. Just tablets. You first slowly switch over to the equivalent dose of Diazepam (example: 10mg Diazepam = 0.5mg Clonazepam) and then simply taper 5mg every 1-4 weeks depending upon how long you've been taking the benzodiazepines. Its usually reserved for the shorter acting, more potent anxiolytic benzodiazepine i.e. Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan. The idea is that Diazepam has a MUCH LONGER Half-life and eases the withdrawals; less severity of symptoms.

marijuana. after quitting i almost commited suicide and went insane! no but seriously the closest thing to a withdrawal ive had is stimulants like adderall and ritalin. i get kinda anxious and a little insomnia. ive really not experimented with enough drugs or as many as i would like too so this is very subject to change