• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I've only experienced heroin WD. All of it is horrible. The physical first then the psychological. About the second day I'm puking, shitting,pissing every five minutes. My whole body hurts. Your skin feels like it's crawling. Sneezing and yawning all the time. I'm cold...i'm hot, i don't know what i am. I've got goose bumps and its 90 degrees outside. I get like restless arms and legs. My arms annoy me the most, feels like i have to stretch them all the time like i need to get the muscles tight or something. I'll just punch my head board and such. You can't sleep and when you do it's only for like 20 mins. And it just gets worse till about the 4th or 5th day.

After you go through WD, I'll be fine for days or maybe a month or so. Then I start thinkin about how good it was. The extreme rush from shooting. Then i get all anxious and wanna do it just ONE more time. With my experience it's never just one more time. The only way I've stopped was ending up in jail a few times.Then once i got on methadone but then i messed up probation and ended up in jail again and had to detox from methadone in jail which really sucked. And for some reason i never thought about detox till my probation officer said something about it and right away i got myself into one.

Heroin addiction and withdrawal in a total bitch

i must agree, heroin is awful but the worst I have had is just kicking straight morphine(IV) 100-200mgs/d for like 5 years.. a total bitch......though I know from xp that all opiates are a mothafucker to kick...methadone is right next to both of these for me. I went to the clinic for a year and cold turkey quit on 95mgs/day though the intensity (symptoms) weren't as harsh as the h or mor. the w/d's lasted for 34 days....talk about a bitch...yeah they all suck..

I don't wanna flame or dicksize, so just take this question for what it is:

Do those of you who have had bad meth/coke/MDMA WD's (is there such a thing?) really think they compare to severe opioid withdrawals?

I used opioids for years before ever experiencing the actual severe WD's they can cause. Quitiing oxy at 100mg/day after a couple months use will produce some discomfort, but hardly the withdrawals we are talking about here. Try taking an opioid at high dose all day evey day for a year and then going to jail and you will quickly discover the difference.

I ask this question honestly because I, too, have quit coke, MDMA, etc. I will admit being depressed and irritable, maybe run down similar to very mild opioid WD's. But nothing at all compared to withdrawing from high dose Opana abuse, which damn near killed me.

Speaking of severity, one of the biggest myths perpetrated in the media and in lots of medical literature is the notion that opioid WD's are never fatal. This is simply not true. My cellmate died from oxy withdrawals two years ago. He was taking 400mg and more a day for over a year straight.

In fact, the women they arrested here in Utah for oxy robberies were reported as having "killed themselves" in jail, but the word around those in the know was that they, too, died from severe WD's on day four.

Anyway, just wanted to know what the real severe WD's from those other drugs was really like.

Also, I might add that the valium WD's I had lasted for weeks. I did a report here while going through them, you can look it up. It was like a six week bad acid trip with moderate opioid WD's thrown in!

S-

I started doing coke (IV) about 15yo up till 21yo almost everyday and we r talkin geeked (at least an 8ball aday) when I quit I xp depression, low self esteem , weakness, ect. like u said almost like weak opiate w/d's. but this only lasted for at most 3-4 days but was never major. When I was introduced to H and morphine(IV) I went on a 5 year streak and then graduated to the methadone clinic and after a year of that quit cold turkey off of 95 mgs/d and it was absolute hell but yall already know this..just thought I put my 2 cents in...I would say coke has more psychological than physical symptoms...

benzo WD can and is done all the time. All it takes is switching to a less potent form of your med ie. valium, and begin to taper through those mg's, instead of trying to straight taper off of your orignal benzo.

Benzo taper sucks everytime, but you can get off of them with enough will power and taper methods.

Last edited:
k-pins & seroquel.

thought i was going to die. comin off junk wasn't even nearly as bad.

Worst one drug? Tramadol. I've wd'd from it before and it was hell. It's like wd from an SNRI and methadone..

Tramadol? Really? I've been using it frequently, weeks on end solid at times for two years, and never experienced any bad withdrawal at all. Apart from sickness and extreme drowsiness after only a couple of hours sleep after a heavy binge I'm fine, and this is very rare in my experience. I'm surprised to read your experience.

If you use it daily for a decent length of time and stop dead tram w/d can be pretty vicious. Not so much the opiate side but more the SNRI side. Coming of anti-depressants is often brutal and tram is no exception :\

I came off my SSRI script (cipralex 15mg > 10mg> 5mg, one week at each stage before dropping to zero) without any pain or trouble. Do you have to be on the stronger ADs to experience w/d symptoms?

Does vary between people and the drug. Paroxetine (Seroxat/Paxil) is often said to be the worst. I would agree. Came off whatever the ceiling dose is (30mg? can't remember) cold turkey one time starting the very same day I had to turkey from a gram a day heroin habit. Wasn't too much fun for a while. Although the bit where I had the bright idea of eating a whole pack of diphenhydramine cos I was so desperate to sleep was a particular "high spot". I wouldn't recommend that one ;)

I've come off (or withdrew) from quite a few substances and I'll list them in chronological order.

Tobacco (Cigarettes) - Some mild fatigue, agitation and craving for the drug. Nothing to write home about compared to the hard stuff. I was completely free of these symptoms approximately 12 hours later. (Pain Factor - 3/10)

Alcohol (Booze) - Now this is not about a hangover. This is actual alcohol withdrawal. It included some moderate sweating, headaches, anxiety, palpitations and insomnia. This lasted for about 6 hours. (Pain Factor - 5/10)

Marijuana (Mary Jane) - I've never experienced withdrawal symptoms from marijuana other than perhaps a burnt out (eerie fatigue) feeling and it was over in a matter of a few hours. (Pain Factor 2/10).

Cocaine (Blow) - After using this for about 7 years, I can say that withdrawal symptoms (for me) were mostly consistent with moderate to severe headaches, fatigue, mild aches and pains, drug craving, hypersomnia, confusion and depression. At it's worst it took 2 days to start feeling better. (Pain Factor - 6/10)

MDMA (Ecstasy) - Been using this one for about 5 years, it's a beautiful thing if taken in moderation. Assuming you have been taking MDMA, you can expect an afterglow the day after you used it accompanied by some fatigue, confusion, drowsiness, sore mouth and possibly mild dehydration. (Pain Factor - 5/10)

Codeine (Tylenol 3) - This is the only opiate (for some reason which is beyond me) that I've been able to take large amounts for large amounts of time without feeling any of the typical opiate withdrawal symptoms. It is a weak opiate (yar matey) but can be fun nonetheless. Nonetheless, I've been taking this one for about 8 years now and have stopped for weeks on end without any withdrawal symptoms. (Pain Factor - 1/10)

Oxycodone (Oxycontin) - In a complete turnaround from the above paragraph, this opiate is very recreational in large amounts (for me) and also very addictive. I've gone through many withdrawals from Oxycodone (Oxycontin / Percocet) and for me it's gotta be the worst especially when combined with Alprazolam (Xanax). Symptoms of withdrawal include mydriasis (dilated pupils), runny nose, watery eyes, insomnia, goosebumps, muscle aches and pains, hot and cold sweats, diarrhea, excessive yawning, stomach cramps, vomiting, hypertension, tachycardia (fast heart beat) and more. (Pain Factor 9/10)

Alprazolam (Xanax) - Been taking this for about 5 years now. Alone, withdrawal symptoms include insomnia, panic attacks, anxiety, palpitations, stomach cramps, seizure, tachycardia, hypertension and more. Combine this withdrawal with an opiate withdrawal (e.g. Oxycodone) and it is without a doubt in my opinion the worst withdrawal imaginable (imo). (Pain Factor 8/10)

Last edited:
Methadone withdrawal was horrendous. 'Other' opiate withdrawal (OC for example) is more than unpleasant as well. In fact, for the very reason that w/d is so bad I haven't been able to quit using them for more than a few days. I've yet to experience benzo w/d but fear it may be coming.

Methadone, though, gets my vote for most horrible (for me) w/d.

opiates

marijuana- now let me explain. there arent really WD's... but without it, nothing has meaning or excitement for months and months.

Fucking Klonopin. Nasty Nasty withdrawls. I would take certain opiate withdrawls over klonopin anyday.

marijuana- now let me explain. there arent really WD's... but without it, nothing has meaning or excitement for months and months.

Same most certainly applies to most w/d only to a far greater extent, I'd say. Again, opiates (and especially methadone *shudders*) would be prime offenders there. I've yet to find a w/d that doesn't leave you feeling empty for at least months... years in some cases :\

And a special mention for paroxetine (Seroxat/Paxil) which is one of the worst w/d of them all in many ways. Give me a moderate heroin w/d over fuckin' Seroxat any time. Truly horrific :|